It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you love the USA?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I have made it my mission to point out to those who are claiming (as Gazrok did in his last point) that America is the greatest nation on Earth that IT IS NOT. It is NO BETTER OR WORSE than any other country on Earth.

2 year olds

What you are trying to do is argue against other people's "opinions"

With your own "opinions"

If you can't see the futility in that, then see bottom of your quote.

link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n

Look, you've completely outed yourself as a bigot. People are giving reasons they love the US, like the thread is supposed to be about, and you make it your mission to discredit them as shown in the post you replied to above (Gazrok). No where did he say no one else has what we have. He was simply stating why he loves the country he lives in, much like you flaunt how in love you are with Australia and how you presume it's superior to the US in all the ways you have listed.

I have made it my mission to point out to those who are claiming (as Gazrok did in his last point) that America is the greatest nation on Earth. IT IS NOT. It is NO BETTER OR WORSE than any other country on Earth.

Jesus H Christ, I have said that three times on this page alone.....am I talking to a bunch of 2 year olds or something?

Well Houston we have a problem because your "mission" isn't going so well. I still think the US is the best country on Earth, I'll bet Gazrok still thinks it's the best country on Earth, as will most Americans will think this is the best country on Earth.....and life goes on.

This is not to say that there aren't other great places. I've been to other countries around the world being a Marine and all, and I've seen some beautiful places. My dad was in the Navy and he's been to Australia, Africa, the Philippines, just to name a few. He said Australia is great and has really friendly people. I don't doubt this. No one is saying there aren't other great places. But in the end THIS is our home, so it will always be seen as the best, whether you're able to comprehend that or not.

ETA: No better or worse, huh? Then why do you consistently point out the faults in America? So far I've seen you point out homelessness, various acts such as SOPA, the Patriot Act, the fact that healthcare isn't free, and a ton of other stuff. "But not in Australia
"

You're so transparent man, it's just getting sad.
edit on 2-15-12 by reaxi0n because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
I don't.

I really don't. I left the country years ago. When I told my friends it was like people leaving Germany in the 30s, they all laughed at me and said I was crazy. They still do. They don't see the slow motion train wreck that is happening right in front of their faces.

It's the old frog in the pot scenario. Works every time.

So when the going gets tough...the tough leaves the country?

Wow.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

It's more like a forum gang against one person.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

But in the end THIS is our home, so it will always be seen as the best, whether you're able to comprehend that or not.

And I feel so sorely sorry for those of you who have deluded yourselves into thinking so.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You're the one replying to everyone.
It's your "mission" remember?

Poor you.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

Now you're just being a smartass.

You guys are deliberately twisting my words in order to get me to bite. I have seen this now, and as you can also see, I am winding down my conversation. I suggest you do the same or soon you'll be talking to yourself....and we all know what people who talk to themselves usually suffer from.
edit on 15/2/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

If it seems you are the one against the "gang"

Perhaps its time to rethink your position?

There may be a reason your thoughts are all yours.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Oooh welll....mmm... Statue of Liberty = FREEDOM

P/s Human right!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Gawd here we go. More nonsense.

OK, whatever Sir, please don't eat me Sir, I was just speaking my mind......

****backs away slowly*****

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
I've lived in the US my entire life and the more I learn about our covert intelligence operations, lobbyists, corrupt politicians and our dark ages attitude toward homosexuals, m*******a, and abortion, the less likely I am to be here past my 30th

edit on 14-2-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

Really? Do you think other countries do not have covert intelligence operations, lobbyists, corrupt politicians and dark ages attitude toward homosexuals, m*******a, and abortion etc? Hmmmm...have you been to other countries outside the US excluding Canada and Mexico?

Of course it's not the worst country on earth but to have that kind of blind jingoistic pride is just stupid.
Whats wrong with that? We all grow up eventually and learn with experience. Not everyone thinks like you so its just fine if someone is blinded by jingoistic pride.

BTW I hope everyone is ready for "Well if you damn liberals don't love this cuuntry then get the hell out!" To that I say - I gotta save some money first, it'll take a bit

You mean you'll quit when the going gets rough (political system, economy etc etc) and suck the country like other leaches and leave? The goal should be to work through the polarized view points and keep pushing forward in the right direction. It is as simple as developing a positivity where others that are not as bright might just decide to follow and who knows....the tides can turn (if you think we're in a worst position than another country)
edit on 15-2-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

edit on 15-2-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

reply to post by reaxi0n

Now you're just being a smartass.

You guys are deliberately twisting my words in order to get me to bite. I have seen this now, and as you can also see, I am winding down my conversation. I suggest you do the same or soon you'll be talking to yourself....and we all know what people who talk to themselves usually suffer from.

Well I for one, haven't twisted a thing you've said. I haven't seen someone who has, either. I am taking your own words at face value and pointing out the holes in your logic. I apologize for that. Maybe you'll do better next time.

Until then. Peace.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I watched a Hunter S. Thompson documentary, and he sums up my feelings rather well on America. I can't find or remember the exact quote but it was something like:

"I don't think I would be able to live the way I do, or exist how I do, in any other country. Now, some people may think that's exactly why this country has to be stamped out, but for me it works."

Now, the way he said it was much more thoughtful and well put but you can the main point.

If you people hate America, why in the hell are you still living here? I may not love America, but I am staying here to help it in any way I can. Because this is my country. And I don't want to see it burn. For all of you who hate America, and are unwilling to help, leave.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

Well, again you must have missed the many posts where I specifically stated that I was not saying Australia is better than any other country, nor is America. You then further missed those posts where I was subsequently accused of doing just the opposite.

Again, you are baiting though because unless you are completely blind then you also saw those posts.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You're the one replying to everyone.
It's your "mission" remember?

Poor you.

I think they're not even US nationals. More so trolls. I would simply ignore.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

3. We're the world's largest economy and superpower, and we did it through innovation and creating a society that others often try to emulate.

And wars. Lets not forget the wars. Military Industrial Complex anyone?

Yes, let's not forget the wars - we DO throw the best wars, too!

While we're on the subject of wars, lets mention Korea, Vietnam, Iraq,, Afghanistan, East Timor - because there at least weren't any Aussies poking their noses into other folks business in THOSE wars, were there? Oh, wait...

Never mind. Scratch that thought...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I saw them.
And then I also saw the posts where you did a 180 and completely contradicted yourself.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Yes, because anyone who criticises America, or DARES to say America isn't the greatest nation on Earth MUST be a troll.

Yeah, nice logic there mate.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

I saw them.
And then I also saw the posts where you did a 180 and completely contradicted yourself.

Nope, I did not. I have stuck by my claim that America is not the greatest nation on Earth and is no better or worse than any other country. I have even repeated it multiple times, in nice big letters, so that people can't miss it.

The fact that you continue to say that I posted differently indicates you are baiting and trolling me, which is a further indication of being desperate.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Yes, let's not forget the wars - we DO throw the best wars, too!

While we're on the subject of wars, lets mention Korea, Vietnam, Iraq,, Afghanistan, East Timor - because there at least weren't any Aussies poking their noses into other folks business in THOSE wars, were there? Oh, wait...

Never mind. Scratch that thought...

Why are you still trying to claim that I am saying that Australia is better? I have repeatedly said otherwise. Please go back and read the nice big lettering I left for those posters, like yourself, that keep ignoring this fact.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join