It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you love the USA?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by nenothtu

You must have missed the post where I said I am done with your circular nonsense. Just like you have missed the point of most of the posts I have made in this thread.

Doesn't matter whether YOU are done or not - I'M not done. I call out BS wherever I see it, and ask no permission of any one.

It would be helpful if you could point out an instance of my "circular nonsense", rather than just making a broad claim that it's "there... somewhere..."

You made a point somewhere? You're right, I missed it. It could be helpful for you to point that out as well, rather than just claiming "it's there... somewhere..."

edit on 2012/2/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Yes, because anyone who criticises America, or DARES to say America isn't the greatest nation on Earth
MUST be a troll.

Yeah, nice logic there mate.

Well unfortunately this is ATS and I have seen several threads where that is the case. So the logic still stands.

If you're not a US national (which I think you're not...more so a Brit or Aussie..no difference really
) then certainly you have the right to love it or leave it by all means. But according to my LOGIC, instead you chose to seek attention on this thread by posting multiple threads for those who truely do care about the US, indicates otherwise

edit on 15-2-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

edit on 15-2-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

edit on 15-2-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Nope, I did not. I have stuck by my claim that America is not the greatest nation on Earth and is no better or worse than any other country. I have even repeated it multiple times, in nice big letters, so that people can't miss it.

I know what you keep repeating, except it doesn't match up with your contradictory posts.

The fact that you continue to say that I posted differently indicates you are baiting and trolling me, which is a further indication of being desperate.
edit on 15/2/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

Again with the projection.

If I were "baiting and trolling" you, wouldn't I be doing it for fun? Why would I be desperate.

There's no need for you to be desperate dude. It's the internet.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Doesn't matter whether YOU are done or not - I'M not done. I call out BS wherever I see it, and ask no permission of any one.

Whoopdy doo. Good for you. I will continue to point out that you are wrong.

It would be helpful if you could point out an instance of my "circular nonsense", rather than just making a broad claim that it's "there... somewhere..."

Perhaps where I have repeatedly stated that my whole 'mission' in this thread is to make the point that America is no better or worse than any other country....and that I am not claiming that Australia is better either - you know that statement I keep making that you keep denying and trying to say that I AM claiming otherwise?

You made a point somewhere? You're right, I missed it. It could be helpful for you to point that out as well, rather than just claiming ":it's there... somewhere..."

Here it is again, once more for those who obviously are having eye troubles (perhaps see an optometrist about that?)

Once again...in nice big Sesame Street letters so people cannot misconstrue what I am saying unless they are completely blind:

America is NO BETTER OR WORSE than any other country on Earth.

Clear?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
hahaha i so knew this thread was coming. But seriously. Im trying not to be biased, since i live in the USA, but the United States of America is the greatest country ever!! And no links needed to back this up.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n

I know what you keep repeating, except it doesn't match up with your contradictory posts.

Ok, so please quote these phantom 'contradictory posts' then. Put your money where your mouth is.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

The hatred that comes across when you have to prove anyone who says anything good about America wrong. Maybe it's a gross misconception. If that's the case, I'm sorry.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I dont love the USA. Thats like saying I love Burger King. (and I dont)

But I cant help loving the land where I was born. Im a product of the land, and the people. People blessed enough to be born here are all native americans, actually. Not the PC wordspeak BS.----Mixed peoples.

The Company of the USA is out of Contract with its people, and were not very happy with the CEO, either.
So, well have to wait and see how that rocky relationship will go next few years.

I do love the history (pre-history, and modern) of America. North, Central and South.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You know...you are being rude now and by doing so, you are causing others to get defensive and rude too. By
calling people names is not going to make your debate any better either.

My son is a computer programmer and has many friends in Australia and New Zealand. He talks alot about how brilliant these friends are and hopes someday to visit either Australia or New Zealand. Me too, I would love to visit your country.

People here have given so many great reasons why they love America, but you seem to turn on your (blinders) to these replies and DWELL on the negative aspect of U.S.. The things you are so desperately trying to make everyone see is not new, we already know that reality..(.We are not 2 yr olds. .) But also these things apply to other countries too. We don't have a monopoly on anything other than being a super power, which does turn attention our way and magnifies our faults for all to see.
We are not the only country who have put innocent people to death. Just read your history, it will make you cry.,...
It sounds as if you hate all of us, by the posts you have put on here so far. Don't in anyway assume to know all of us by the links you have. Good news just doesn't have the punch that all the negative stuff does. , so therefore the good stuff is ignored.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I love my country, but I hate the people running it. What we need is real American ideals, not something we developed from the Europeans.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by Kryties

The hatred that comes across when you have to prove anyone who says anything good about America wrong. Maybe it's a gross misconception. If that's the case, I'm sorry.

Yep, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Frustration at the ridiculousness of some of the posts aimed at me yes, but hatred? No, never and never have I EVER said so.

What is it with Americans and the "America Hater" buzzword/punchline anyway? Just curious....it's only Americans who ever claim somebody 'hates' their country...I never see it from anyone else around the world.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
My dad is better than your dad. . . . . .

These threads never provide solutions but do provide amusement.

So the main thrust of the thread is that America is no better than any other country.

M'kay.

I guess if I were in the states and looking at the people of Outer Glamblookistan, who were saying they were the best, I'd find amusement in their claims.

Since I'm mostly American, I'd have to go with the US being awesome!

. . . . . . . though the babes from Outer Glablookistan are hawt!

*group hug*

Now continue fighting.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ellieN
reply to post by Kryties

You know...you are being rude now and by doing so, you are causing others to get defensive and rude too. By
calling people names is not going to make your debate any better either.

OK, so I am being a little rude....but honestly, how many times do I have to repeat myself before people get the message? I have said the same thing OVER AND OVER again and other posters (deliberately?) keep misconstruing what I have been saying. If I have been a little rude it's only out of complete frustration at the sheer idiocy of it all.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD
reply to post by Kryties

Kryties,

When did this become an American vs. Australia debate?

Australia is AWESOME. I love Australia, but what does your country have to do with this thread?

Do YOU love America and if so why?

That is what this thread is about, it does not ask why you love Australia more the America or why you do NOT love America.

God Bless,

Don't get me wrong - I love Australia, too. Aussies and Brits are some of the finest folk in the world to have on your side when it comes time for a tussle or to hoist a few dozen brews. They're generally the best friends to have, and the worst enemies. If I were of a mind to move to any other country on Earth, it would be Australia, and the only hold back is their barbaric gun laws. Other than that, I'd be all for it.

It's hard to trust a people who don't even trust themselves to go armed, but I manage. Some of my finest friends have been Aussies as I've thrashed around.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Ok, so please quote these phantom 'contradictory posts' then. Put your money where your mouth is.

How many times do I need to state this?
I am referring to your posts where instead of simply saying "we have that too," you go above and beyond and state what Australia has that America doesn't, how your country does not have laws that the US does, how the US has homeless problems that your country apparently does not et cetera. Whether consciously, or subconsciously, you are implying ways in which your country is superior to the US, thus being contradictory to your "everyone is equal!!!" catch phrase.

Deny it all you want, you still believe your country is superior, which is why you felt the jealous urge to continue your argument this far into the thread. You just can't stand someone thinking their country is better than your country, which in your (secret, but not so secret) opinion is the best country. Realize that it's perfectly normal to feel this way about your country of origin. It is human instinct to be prideful of your territory.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

So the main thrust of the thread is that America is no better than any other country.

OMG!!!! Somebody actually read what I said and didn't misconstrue it or twist it all out of proportion!!

Star for you, my friend, my faith in humanity is somewhat restored.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

I was merely stating that as evidence that America is not the greatest country, that it is equal to all others. I could have used any other country as my example but seeing as I live here I decided to use the country I know best.

Deny it all you want, you still believe your country is superior, which is why you felt the jealous urge to continue your argument this far into the thread.

Jesus, here we go again. Just when I thought we were getting somewhere, you come along and bring us back to square 1.

I am not playing this stupid game with you any more mate. My meaning has been made quite clear multiple times, in nice big letters. If you want to go play silly, childish games, I will no longer respond to you.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Okay. Your mission is to tell everyone America is no better than any other country got it. But you're being rude. No one asked for you to come in here and tell people they are wrong to have pride in their country. You did this on your own which obviously points to you having some deep problems with the US whether you will admit it or not. Deny, deny, deny. But you are contradicting yourself saying there is no hatred for the US every time you post.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

I only started being rude when I got frustrated that my clearly written English was being twisted and misconstrued....multiple times by the same people.

As to the other half of your post, see the post above yours.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Excellent Reply. I find these threads self serving and ridiculous. Bashing for the sake of bashing, as if everything was so black and white. thanks for your answer, seriously!

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join