It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who reject the Christ will end up accepting the Anti-Christ

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

....from the real anti-christ which is the spirit of Satan

Much like how the human body of Jesus was an instrument to lead people into the path of good...a human body filled with the anti-christ spirit can also be an instrument to lead people into evil.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

It's not been past you to lie in the past, what prevents you from also lying about what books you're reading?
Here is a screen-capture from my order confirmation from Amazon.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The popes throughout history are only products of a certain "religious" establishment that is NOT semitic in origin. Basically non-semitic white people (no offense towards white people at all) decided they knew exactly how to interpret a semitic religion.

No not quite. Christianity was originally founded by jews. Primarily Jesus himself and then his disciples and the thousands they converted. Christianity is what judaism was supposed to be. What got Jesus crucified was he dared to challenge the pharisees and Sanhedrin and accused them of hypocrisy. They knew the laws but did not live by them as according to God, but chose to make it a tradition of men. He was the living example of how to be and he told them so when he said "I am the truth, the life and the way, no one comes to the Father but through me". In essence he was claiming to be God in his own right and he fulfilled Isaiah's prophecy of Immanuel "God with us" when he said that. They crucified him for blasphemy because it was the only thing they could hang him on. Do not confuse catholicism for christianity, there is a huge difference and that being that we follow the 10 commandments when they do not, except for the saturday sabbath thing which i am working on figuring out.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

No not quite. Christianity was originally founded by jews. Primarily Jesus himself and then his disciples and the thousands they converted. Christianity is what judaism was supposed to be. What got Jesus crucified was he dared to challenge the pharisees and Sanhedrin and accused them of hypocrisy.

Let me direct you to an earlier post of mine in this very thread

many of the jews living in his time accepted him as messiah.
The rest who did not accept him, hated him and had him nailed to a cross, and called for Jesus blood to be upon them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

"Israel" is to be understood today as the people we normally call Christians.

No, Israel and the church are mutually exclusive. They have different promises and different covenants. The mystery Paul reveals in the NT is that gentiles get to be "fellow" heirs to the promise. He doesn't say gentiles get to be the "new" heirs.
OK, so explain the difference.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

"Israel" is to be understood today as the people we normally call Christians.

No, Israel and the church are mutually exclusive. They have different promises and different covenants. The mystery Paul reveals in the NT is that gentiles get to be "fellow" heirs to the promise. He doesn't say gentiles get to be the "new" heirs.

OK, so explain the difference.

Go read Romans 11 in a few different versions and come back and tell me if God is finished with he Jews.

Paul's answer to that Q is: "Absolutely Not!"

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

son of perdition
man of sin
antichrist
the wicked one
the beast
the little horn
the prince that shall come
the one who comes in his own name
King of Babylon
Prince of Persia
King of Tyre

But it is only theory which ties these all together.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

But more than the label of "messiah", the world will worship him as god in the flesh. He'll claim to be Jesus of Nazareth.

That you would quote a fictional book claim as fact would be the sign of a true cultist.

edit on 8-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

But it is only theory which ties these all together.

And it's only your opinion that said theory is invalid. Based on my study it's not. And I grew up in a church that held to a amillenialist Eschatology, leaving it and that denomination behind after study. You can't cloud your mind with only one perspective. You need to be like the Bereans. Who were praised for having the readiness of mind to accept everything, yet to search the scriptures to prove them so or not. Based on my studies of all sides, the amillenialist camp I had to abandon.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

But more than the label of "messiah", the world will worship him as god in the flesh. He'll claim to be Jesus of Nazareth.

That you would quote a fictional book claim as fact would be the sign of a true cultist.

No, I say that because "ante" n the Greek means "in place of/substitute", it doesn't mean what "anti" has come to mean today in the English: "against/opposite of". The antichrist will prestend to be god, and he'll sit in the temple claiming to be god, and will demand worship as god. Jesus even tells the Jews in Matthew 24 that this will be a sign to flee Jerusalem immediately.

Heck, Jesus tells them "when you shall see"... when speaking about the abomination of desolation Daniel spoke of, which would be impossible unless in a day of camera, satellites, and tv sets in homes. At the time Jesus spoke those words only one man, once a year, and after extreme ceremonial preparation could go inside the holy place. None at the time Jesus spoke those words could ever "see" the abomination of desolation happen inside the holy of holies.

edit on 8-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Christianity is what judaism was supposed to be.

It's important to point out that what we call Judaism today was not established into its current form until into the Fourth Century AD.
Obviously the belief in a god as was held at the time of Jesus by the people of Judea was in preparation for the revelation of God by Jesus.
At the time Jesus walked the earth Judaism was going into a divergent direction and Jesus represents the straight course for the true Israel.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

. . . we follow the 10 commandments when they do not, except for the saturday sabbath thing which i am working on figuring out.

I was brought up as a Sabbath keeper and have a problem giving it up as a practice but I think I do understand it intellectually, which I think I can illustrate.
I was taught that there are ten commandments where the first four are how we treat God, and six on how we treat others. If you look at the fourth commandment, it spells out by what authority God has to establish such a thing, then the rest of it tells how to apply it and it is to treat your employees well by giving them a day off every week. So, in reality, it is like Jesus said, the Sabbath was made for man, and the law applies to how we treat others but of course the motivation behind it is to do as God instructs.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Based on my studies of all sides, the amillenialist camp I had to abandon.

That would be an interesting thread you should do.
You could explain your rationale for why you made the switch to Darby-ism.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Based on my studies of all sides, the amillenialist camp I had to abandon.

That would be an interesting thread you should do.
You could explain your rationale for why you made the switch to Darby-ism.

Yet again, never read any works of Darby. I place my trust in premillinialism from what John, Paul, Jesus, Daniel, Ezekiel, and Isaiah had to say, the Davidic covenant is detailed completely in Hosea, and confirmed in the NT when Gabriel promised Mary her Son would someday rule on the throne of David. Christ's disciples asked Him if He was going to restore the kingdom at that time, and Jesus never denies that He will restore the kingdom and rule, He tells them it's not their business to know when He will.

Common sense.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

God revealed Himself to Abraham as El Shaddai. That is who Abraham came to know God as --- El Shaddai or 'God Almighty' or even "God the Mountain One". God chose to reveal himself to Abraham as El Shaddai just as he revealed Himself to Issac as Yah Elohe Abika and to Jacob he revealed Himself as El Olam and El Hai. To Moses God revealed himself as Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh or "I Am That I am".

God is a God with many names and many titles and to each person in Scripture God revealed himself differently because His relationship was different with each person. He is a Shield, a Rock, a Fortress, My Strength and the Horn of My Salvation. See? He is many things to many people. I think of God as many things but mostly I consider Him to be Love and Truth. After all those who dont know Love don't know God for God is Love. God is Eternal, He is, He was, He will be. He is the same yesterday as today and will be the same tomorrow. He was El Shaddai and will be El Shaddai.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Christ's disciples asked Him if He was going to restore the kingdom at that time, and Jesus never denies that He will restore the kingdom and rule, He tells them it's not their business to know when He will.

What?
So, according to your logic, since Jesus never denied his throne would be on the Moon, then his throne must be on the Moon.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by I Want To Believe

'God Almighty'

This is based on one possible way to translate Pantocrator, which is the Greek word meaning "ruler of all", used in the Septuagint version of the Old Testament where in the Hebrew it would say Shaddai.

God is a God with many names and many titles and to each person in Scripture God revealed himself differently because His relationship was different with each person.
That would be a personal belief, based on probably a theory you read somewhere or heard someone speak on.

Now in fairness, I should add that my opinion is based on things I read in books. Read these if you want the same information I have.
1) Yahweh and the Gods and Goddesses of Canaan (Library Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies), John Day
2) The Early History of God: Yahweh and the Other Deities in Ancient Israel (Biblical Resource Series), Mark S. Smith
3) From Epic to Canon: History and Literature in Ancient Israel, Frank Moore Cross
4) The Origins of Biblical Monotheism: Israel's Polytheistic Background and the Ugaritic Texts, Mark S. Smith
5) God in Translation: Deities in Cross-Cultural Discourse in the Biblical World, Mark S. Smith

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I take it as meaning something more along the lines of a thousand years like a thief type scenario where two or three gather new creation kinda deal but the "picture" is still in progress so it's not written in stone..speaking of which, would like to add there are ten toes and a few things written about resting feet as well as that whole hate brother/murderer/eternal life thing

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

The Life and death thing.
Saturn, the Hell Planet.
Sun, the giver of life.
The year starts with all things new and ends in all things dead.
You may say, 'as above so below', so the planets reflect the cycle
and man makes his own cycle which is the week.
So which is first and which is last?
If we say, 'it is truly new', then you can say the fist is death, and then life.
Rather than the natural observable order, you choose the supernatural,
which is the only way to eternal life.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Christ's disciples asked Him if He was going to restore the kingdom at that time, and Jesus never denies that He will restore the kingdom and rule, He tells them it's not their business to know when He will.

What?
So, according to your logic, since Jesus never denied his throne would be on the Moon, then his throne must be on the Moon.

That would be the same thing if OT prophecies told of a time when the "Moshiach Nagid" would rule from the moon and the apostles asked Jesus if at that time he was going to restore the kingdom to the moon. Then you'd be comparing apples to apples.

"So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority."

Acts 1:6-7

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join