It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who reject the Christ will end up accepting the Anti-Christ

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

. . . in the west, longtime allies of Israel.

If you mean the modern "state" in Palestine calling itself Israel, then for one thing, they have not been around for a long time. Second, they have no allies, but instead has the UN, which is a private club, which recognizes them as a state.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I do too for the most part. His hatred will be focused on the Jews. The great tribulation is called "the time of Jacob's trouble". There will still be the preaching of the two witnesses an the 144,000 sealed saints tho, but primarily the ac's rage will be against the Jews.

Of course this is all based on wild theories from the Dark Ages of Europe and has no basis in any biblical teachings. There is no anti-christ character in the Bible, so there is not a person called the anti-christ as if he is a person who presents himself to be accepted as a sort of counterfeit Christ.
Anti-christ is a spirit that comes to people to possess them as a demonic influence to accept ideas that are counter to the fulfillment of messianic hopes realized as described in the New Testament Gospels.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by I Want To Believe

. . . El Shaddai

When Isaiah says, God is One, what that means is that all these disparate concepts of the gods are to be united under one title, and thought of as a single entity, much like the Greeks thought of God, where they mean not a particular god, but the godhead as a whole and where they find unity in supporting that which is right.
Shaddai is one of those concepts, based on the Shaddayyin, and they could be thought of as warring gods who make a game of destroying the people of their opponent god's kingdom.
I do not think of Shaddai as being an appropriate title for the current concept of God as presented by Jesus. The God of Jesus is ruler of all the world and recognizes no other gods as ruling over a separate nation somewhere but can bring the armies of the world to bear on who He wants to be stricken. This concept was demonstrated by the Romans destroying Jerusalem to carry out the judgment that was declared against it and is the proof of Jesus' own rulership of the earth under God.

edit on 8-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Jesus is a key figure among the 3 Abrahamic religions -seen as "messiah" in Christianity and Islam, and rejected as a "false prophet" in Judaism.

The religion of the Jews goes one step further in its vehement opposition of Jesus, and also in its slandering of him as a "false prophet" and as an "illegitimate" offspring. Given all of this, its indeed ironic how the Jewish state, being literally the most anti-christian entity in modern times, receives the most support from those "followers of Christ" - the Christians.

While it can be argued that its 'normal' for one religion to disregard the central figure of another religion, what is indeed bizarre is one religious group(christians) openly supporting the very religious group(jews) that opposes and insults their central religious figure. Reason being, the Christians have a certain interpretation of prophecy that allows them to rationalize the jewish opposition to Jesus as being part of some "prophecy" or a "plan of God".

Christian attempts at interpreting the vague prophecies always operate under assumptions that are in favor of the state of Israel and Jews.
i.e - That Israel has to be victorious, That anti-christian jews will miraculously accept Jesus and so on. In reality, a lot of prophecy predicts future political scenarios and events.

Going back now to those who reject the Christ...
Since the jews still await the Messiah, they will end up welcoming as "messiah" someone who wins political/military victories on behalf of Israel.... (something like how the Israelite Jews in the past called a certain Persian king "messiah".) So there is a good chance that the very anti-christ might be declared "messiah" by the jews!!

My guess is this : The anti-christ might be a powerful Israeli politician or a military leader who will ruthlessly annihilate the percieved enemies of Israel... the muslims and win the following of Jews.

If my guess is correct, he will NOT target the countries that are allied to him, i.e - The countries of the West who support him. Instead, he will go after the countries following a religion that is most demonized today... the religion that has the reputation of being most directly opposed to the state of Israel...Islam.

edit on 7-2-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

Oh i agree with you very much. The jews will claim the A/C as their messiah for the first 3.5 years of the tribulation because they do not recognize Jesus. Ever read the Talmud? It says some awful things about Jesus, and Mary. Talmud says Mary was a hair dresser and a whore and that Jesus was a sorcerer.

The Talmud is Rabbinic law which is a tradition of man and is not of God and Rabbinic law placed a curse on the book of Daniel that if any jew opens the book will have all the plagues in the bible heaped on them. Nasty stuff. The Sanhedrin of Christ's time placed that curse in there so the jews won;t read Daniel and see who their Messiah is because Daniel plainly says its the Son of Man which just so happens to be...Jesus.

Most christians support the jews because they are misguided and believe they are the chosen people. Well right now they are not because they are not acting like the people of God and they are as rebellious now as they were when in Ahab and Jezebel's reign of terror. They have a role to play, we all do and we will play it to the letter and some of us will play it to our destruction. They will turn back to hm in the end however.

The AntiChrist is the Pope (he's probably the False Prophet). The blasphemies the Popes have uttered claiming to be Christ himself, while they accept worship by having their rings kissed and men kneel to them and swear oaths to them is blasphemy.

"Do not go to God for forgiveness, come to me" - Pope John Paul II
"The Pope is the human representative of Christ on earth and he is Christ himself" - Pope Pius X

Roman Catholics also worship mother and child, just like the babylonians, greeks, hindu and many others. The "Queen of Heaven" title they give to Mary, but there were other "Queen of Heaven" goddesses, namely Ishtar,Astarte,Hera etc. and then there's the secret paganism where they kiss and pray to statues and inanimate objects which is idolatry (funny how protestant christians who don't do those things are branded "heretics" by the R.C.C. and "infidels" by the muslim). The touching statues for 90 days absolution, and holding magic beads when they pray, or bathing in magical "healing" waters. The Pope goes into caves to seek Mary and caves are where pagan oracles and gods are found to dwell. And the Jesuit I.H.S. seal for Isis, Horus and Seth.

video#1

video#2

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Um, no, I'm not going to spend my entire day off writing an expositional commentary on 3 chapters in Romans simply because you're too lazy to spend 15 minutes reading the text.
I've read it and it does not seem to say any of those things you claim, so it would be helpful to my understanding if you could make a one to one confirmation by placing the claim next to the verse and making a brief description of how the verse should be properly understood.

Or it could be that you're grasping at straws and when you don't have a rebuttal to what a person actually says you attack their character, or try and slander them with the "guilt by association" fallacy. And no, my pastor doesn't have any youtube videos I can think of.
Chuck Missler, who's videos you have often placed into your posts, I would say is a disciple of Darby.

OK so what is the most dangerous gospel? The one exposing Chuck's Zionist Dispensational Premillenial doctrine of demons?
a comment to a torrent download page for chuck's book, The Most Dangerous Gospel.
(just google that, since I don't want to link to what might be a pirate site)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

There is no stipulation in the Bible that says he won't turn and attack those who follow him.

How do you know this?
Did you go through the entire Bile to see if you could find a verse that said God would protect those who follow Him?
You might find it interesting that the ancient Romans were converted to the Christianity which presented the picture of Jesus as the good shepherd. You would be presenting as God an anti-christ of the bad shepherd.

ETA: oops, seems at a second look, you are talking about someone from your made up mythology.

. . . to go after the children of Israel . . .
"Israel" is to be understood today as the people we normally call Christians.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

What is this "as a whole" nonsense? Nothing in life when dealing with demographics is 100%. A majority of Jews today are secular just like the rest of the human population. Allegence isn't going to persuade satan to not persecute the Jews he so hates. He'll devour those who support the ac, and those who reject him.

Im speaking of Jews of the modern Israeli state.
While a majority of the jews are secular, they also stick by their "jewish" identity.
So, if the anti-christ is of Israeli-jewish origin, and if he wins wars on behalf of the state of Israel, he will still be considered as a "hero" to BOTH religious jews and non-religious jews. The religious ones will call him "messiah", while the non-religious ones will still see him as a hero.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

If you mean the modern "state" in Palestine calling itself Israel, then for one thing, they have not been around for a long time. Second, they have no allies, but instead has the UN, which is a private club, which recognizes them as a state.

The modern state of Israel, has been relevant to Christians ever since its establishment.
Because they see it as a sign that they are now one step closer to witnessing prophecy being fulfilled.

Most of them do not realize that it is NOT the religious Israel of the bible, so they continue to support it.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Someone must have bought a new book on Amazon. You've done nothing but talk about John Darby for 2 days.

You may want to inform yourself to find out where your theories come from and what sort of person he was. I keep a running listing on my profile page comment section and the book is: A Case for Historic Premillennialism: An Alternative to "Left Behind" Eschatology, Sung Wook Chung

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

What is this "as a whole" nonsense? Nothing in life when dealing with demographics is 100%. A majority of Jews today are secular just like the rest of the human population. Allegence isn't going to persuade satan to not persecute the Jews he so hates. He'll devour those who support the ac, and those who reject him.

Im speaking of Jews of the modern Israeli state.

No Jews exist outside Israel?

While a majority of the jews are secular, they also stick by their "jewish" identity.

For culture and tradition, not for Judaic Eschatology. in that regard a secular Jew is no different than a secular gentile, they're secular.

So, if the anti-christ is of Israeli-jewish origin,

He's not. "The" antichrist, (hu antechristos in the Greek) must carry 3 titles: "King of Babylon", "King of Tyre", and "Prince of Persia". Those are not Jewish lands.

and if he wins wars on behalf of the state of Israel, he will still be considered as a "hero" to BOTH religious jews and non-religious jews.

He doesn't win any wars for Israel, he "confirms" a peace deal with Israel for 7 years and in the middle of the 7 years he breaks that peace.

The religious ones will call him "messiah", while the non-religious ones will still see him as a hero.

The entire world will call him "messiah", "god", "lord" all of the above, he'll take the name "Jesus" as well, and will sit in the temple and declare that he is god. The few who don't will be murdered, the entire world will wonder after the beast. "ante" in the Greek means "in place of" it doesn't mean "against/opposite of".

edit on 8-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Someone must have bought a new book on Amazon. You've done nothing but talk about John Darby for 2 days.

You may want to inform yourself to find out where your theories come from and what sort of person he was. I keep a running listing on my profile page comment section and the book is: A Case for Historic Premillennialism: An Alternative to "Left Behind" Eschatology, Sung Wook Chung

It's not been past you to lie in the past, what prevents you from also lying about what books you're reading? You're always rambling on about what new book you're reading that explains the Bible for you, now these past two days you're going on and on about some Darby chap from the nineteenth century.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The popes throughout history are only products of a certain "religious" establishment that is NOT semitic in origin. Basically non-semitic white people (no offense towards white people at all) decided they knew exactly how to interpret a semitic religion.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

"Israel" is to be understood today as the people we normally call Christians.

No, Israel and the church are mutually exclusive. They have different promises and different covenants. The mystery Paul reveals in the NT is that gentiles get to be "fellow" heirs to the promise. He doesn't say gentiles get to be the "new" heirs.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The modern state of Israel, has been relevant to Christians ever since its establishment.

Contradictory to the modern myth that "Israel came about in a day", it was the culmination of many decades of groundwork, including subverting Christianity for example by the introduction of a new type of dispensationalist theory by John Nelson Darby, who was mentored by wealthy and influential people in society to bring about a general acceptance of ideas that were inimical to traditional Christianity.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

There is no anti-christ character in the Bible, so there is not a person called the anti-christ as if he is a person who presents himself to be accepted as a sort of counterfeit Christ.

Annnnd you're ignorant of Greek. "The" antichrist is spoken of in scripture. The personal pronoun "hu" (the) in the Greek means a singular and specific one, distinct from all others. Secondly, "antichrist" is one of 33 titles used for this coming man of sin, an unfortunate one, but still a title.

son of perdition
man of sin
antichrist
the wicked one
the beast
the little horn
the prince that shall come
the one who comes in his own name
King of Babylon
Prince of Persia
King of Tyre

and on, and on, and on. Blame John for using the term "the antichrist", would it make you feel more cozy if I used the term "man of sin" instead of "antichrist"?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

No Jews exist outside Israel?

They do. But my focus is on the modern Israeli state which accepts the anti-christ as messiah, or at least by the religious people in Israel. The rest see him as a national-hero.

He doesn't win any wars for Israel, he "confirms" a peace deal with Israel for 7 years and in the middle of the 7 years he breaks that peace.

There is a passage which says he "makes war against the saints". So the anti-christ is not a stranger to war.

Here is how I justify my idea that the anti-christ will be labelled as a messiah....Its only a guess, but for what its worth....

He will be a military leader/influential politican who will give muslim states (Israels immediate enemy) a major @$$ whooping through Israels superior military. As a result, Jews, both religious and non-religious will see him as a national hero.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Contradictory to the modern myth that "Israel came about in a day", it was the culmination of many decades of groundwork, including subverting Christianity for example by the introduction of a new type of dispensationalist theory by John Nelson Darby, who was mentored by wealthy and influential people in society to bring about a general acceptance of ideas that were inimical to traditional Christianity.

Here we go with this Darby nonsense again.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

But more than the label of "messiah", the world will worship him as god in the flesh. He'll claim to be Jesus of Nazareth.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

"The" antichrist, (hu antechristos in the Greek) must carry 3 titles: "King of Babylon", "King of Tyre", and "Prince of Persia". Those are not Jewish lands.

Of course there are so actual Bible verses that say anything even remotely like this and is all this cult mythology from the real anti-christ which is the spirit of Satan to diminish the importance of the real Christ who is Jesus, told of in the New Testament Gospels of the Christian Bible.

Which comes from Old Testament prophecy which was fulfilled by the time that Christianity came about as a religion.

The entire world will call him "messiah", "god", "lord" all of the above, he'll take the name "Jesus" as well, and will sit in the temple and declare that he is god.
All modern mythology that comes from hysterical fiction books to insight fear into the hearts of would-be believers.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

"The" antichrist, (hu antechristos in the Greek) must carry 3 titles: "King of Babylon", "King of Tyre", and "Prince of Persia". Those are not Jewish lands.

Of course there are so actual Bible verses that say anything even remotely like this and is all this cult mythology from the real anti-christ which is the spirit of Satan to diminish the importance of the real Christ who is Jesus, told of in the New Testament Gospels of the Christian Bible.

No one here has denied that Jesus is the Christ. And you're wrong, in the whole of scripture the coming man of sin carries over 30 titles and labels, the above are three of them.

Which comes from Old Testament prophecy which was fulfilled by the time that Christianity came about as a religion.

That's actually from the NT as well. If it already came about then Jesus was wrong about quite a few details.

edit on 8-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join