It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who reject the Christ will end up accepting the Anti-Christ

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

LOL, which version of it? You have amillinnealists, Premillinnealists, Postmiilinnealists, Preterists, and on and on....

I dont know. I see them all as "christians". You all have the same document to interpret prophecy from.
The divisions you create among yourselves dont change anything.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by I Want To Believe

My God Is Who He is and He is Eternal and Never-Changing.

Obviously God is but who people think God is has undergone changes and now we are in the Christian era and we know God as defined by Jesus,

That's fine and dandy, what about God the Father and God the Holy Spirit?

When you say a name like Shaddai, you are invoking the god of genocide.

For one, a sovereign God cannot ever be linked to "genocide", because that would imply God cannot mete out judgment on a group of people. That's absurd, He's God, He could end everything if He wanted, we've all rebelled against Him. And btw, "Shaddai" is a TITLE for God, it's not His "name". What you're implying is basically like saying:

"Hey!! His name is Barack Obama, it's NOT "President", stop calling him "President", that's not his name!"

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

LOL, which version of it? You have amillinnealists, Premillinnealists, Postmiilinnealists, Preterists, and on and on....

I dont know. I see them all as "christians". You all have the same document to interpret prophecy from.
The divisions you create among yourselves dont change anything.

Well, yeah, they all are Christians, but different groups have different methodologies of Hermaneutics. Some people take all prophecy literally, some folks will allegorize future scriptures. There's not one unified version of Eschatology, just like Islam.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Christ's death on the cross "ransomed" no one.
Jesus died to ransom the world. You think that never happened?

He didn't "owe" anyone anything.
Something was "owed", which was obedience to the Law, which was something everyone owed.

The idea there was some ransom God owed the devil is nonsense, no one believes that.
That is not what I said. What I was getting at is that you believe there is a debt owed to someone or something because of your sins. That for each sin you commit, there is a price to be paid, and that you use Jesus' blood to pay for your sins, though you do not specify who it is exactly that you owe blood to or who is being paid.

Exactly right. People should be doing good deeds as a natural result of a repentant mind and indwelling guidance of the Holy Spirit. n fact, I cannot fathom how someone could leave a life pleasing to the Lord without the indwelling and leading of the Holy Spirit.
But you do not accept that this sort of behavior is necessary for salvation, but is based on a sign of the right attitude for the briefest moment, and then the person is guaranteed salvation and is from that moment on, branded a "saved" person and is free from that point until the day he dies, to sin as much as he wants without having to even repeat a moment of repentance on his death bed, even after (according to your earlier statements, on other threads) if the person had become a tyrant on the scale of Hitler and killed twenty million people, they would still go to heaven, according to your concept of salvation.

edit on 10-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

But you do not accept that this sort of behavior is necessary for salvation

Of course not, salvation isn't based on merit. Good works unto the Lord is the result of genuine salvation. Like James says, "Faith without works is dead." A "saving faith" that doesn't change a person isn't saving faith, there isn't an indwelling of the Holy Spirit in that person's life. A person cannot follow the Holy Spirit if the Spirit doesn't indwell them.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Something was "owed", which was obedience to the Law, which was something everyone owed.

You mean everyone who was circumcised. Gentiles were under no obligation to keep the Mosaic Law. And I said Jesus didn't "owe" anyone anything. He's the Lord.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You mean everyone who was circumcised. Gentiles were under no obligation to keep the Mosaic Law.
Everyone.
The gentiles under the old system were excluded from any right to life. Once they lived and died, that was the end of them. In order to not have that fate, then one needed to become a Jew in order to be saved. So no one owed it if they were just going into oblivion.

And I said Jesus didn't "owe" anyone anything. He's the Lord.
Now what you are doing is taking away the source of salvation by making a statement that Jesus was under no obligation to be obedient to God. Maybe not, if he wanted to just take off at any moment and go back to heaven, then sure he could have but he did not because he wanted to save us. The fact that Jesus lived in perfect obedience to his God, even though he was born as a man, is what salvation is based on. What you believe is exactly the opposite, that Jesus was just God and it was impossible for him to be anything but perfect from the standpoint of how a man should act. This would be the definition of anti-christ in that you do not believe in the fleshly nature of the Messiah.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Everyone, even gentiles only hope for salvation, rests in the Mosaic Law? That sucks for saints who lived and died before the Law was given to Moses. What about Adam? Noah? Abraham? What about pre- law Hebrew lile Issac, and Jacob? Joseph?

Gods means for salvation was always via grace.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Gods means for salvation was always via grace

So there wasn't any purpose in Jesus' coming, then, according to you?
You've nullified everything about him so why do you even believe in Jesus?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Gods means for salvation was always via grace

So there wasn't any purpose in Jesus' coming, then, according to you?
You've nullified everything about him so why do you even believe in Jesus?

Of course we desperately need Jesus, its on His basis that we are offered grace.

No flesh is or was justified under the Law. It was only our "schoolmaster" to show us how sinful we really are ans how much we need a Savior. The Law was given so that sin would abound.
edit on 10-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

That is really weird and I see no semblance between your philosophy and Christianity.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

No flesh is or was justified under the Law. It was only our "schoolmaster" to show us how sinful we really are ans how much we need a Savior. The Law was given so that sin would abound.

The bible teaches otherwise.
The law is said to be "not very difficult" and also there were people who were considered righteous because they kept the law. Not to mention, God equates keeping the law to being righteous numerous times in the bible.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join