It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who reject the Christ will end up accepting the Anti-Christ

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Yes, I guess you could say that that is a personal belief of mine but it a belief that I have come to after the research and study of Scripture. As an example to prove my point, no where else in Scripture (that we know of) did God reveal himself as Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh except to Moses. The same goes for Abraham, God didn't promise anyone else in Scripture that they would be the Father of a Multitude of Nations except His Friend Abraham. No one else except King David was allowed to enter and dance before God in the Holy of Holies. It is therefore evident to me that everyone had a different relationship with God in Scripture and called Him by a different name or title. But as I said that is just my personal belief. I have read three of the books you referenced and will look into the others.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Cyrus was anointed to do a specific task for God and boy was his task huge but it pales in comparison to the anointment that Jesus has been given. When an individual or any religous movement denies all that his anointing entails, then they have the spirit of anti-christ.

Anyone who denies that Jesus is the living Son of God has the very spirit of anti-christ. A person either believes and stands strong with his anointing or they are against it. Failure to understand is a form of spiritual blindness but God can and does open the eyes of those willing to learn.

I was just reading a wiki entry on what Islam believes or doesn't believe about Jesus and I just shook my head out of frustration.

Jesus is the key that unlocks all truth. One group refuses to even acknowledge the key and another is using a warped key that doesn't fit.

Against what he was anointed to do - that's the spirit of antichrist.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
edit
edit on 9-2-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

I was just reading a wiki entry on what Islam believes or doesn't believe about Jesus and I just shook my head out of frustration.

Its basically the SAME as what christians believe. The only difference is that they dont believe he is God, like christians do.
Have you heard of what Judaism believes about Jesus??

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

. . . if OT prophecies told of a time when the "Moshiach Nagid" would rule . . .

The two words you put in quotation marks are found in Daniel 9:25 but I think there should be a break between the two words to where they belong to two different sentences. Daniel is talking about two time periods and he makes a reference to the leading period, then in the next verse takes up the following time period. So the word you may be interpreting as prince really means leader where included in its possible uses, it could mean to go before.
The other word you are probably interpreting to mean Messiah means anointing, which is the goal of the first time period mentioned by Daniel, starting with the proclamation to rebuild Jerusalem and ending when there is an anointing of a certain location within the walls of the city.
edit on 9-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by I Want To Believe

As an example to prove my point, no where else in Scripture (that we know of) did God reveal himself as Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh except to Moses.
What point do you think you are proving?
My point was that there was a unification of all the disparate gods into a single godhead and that included the Shaddayyin, which may have seemed appropriate at the time but is out of place in Christian theology since it drops the idea that certain nations need to be exterminated which would be the purpose of a member of the Shaddayyin. So my conclusion is for me to take the position to discourage the use of any of the Old Testament names for God and to follow the practice of the New Testament and call God, God.
Now you may be some sort of cultist who feels neat by acting all Jewish or at least in your own mind, but to me that just makes you not a Christian but something else of the heretical variety.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Doesn't matter, He still tells them that it's not their place to know the times or seasons that He'll restore the kingdom to Israel. It's yet future though, and He'll be doing it.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

Anyone who denies that Jesus is the living Son of God has the very spirit of anti-christ.

Really? This antichrist must be pretty strong, and pretty big then. Christians are not the majority here, and never will be. And how can this man be living, when his grave has been found? I know lots of people who died, and not one of them is living on Earth. And to think that the Creatoress had but one child is ego talking, nothing more. We are all children of the Creatoress. She also gave birth to the Gods, all of them. The Goddess.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Doesn't matter, He still tells them that it's not their place to know the times or seasons that He'll restore the kingdom to Israel. It's yet future though, and He'll be doing it.
So what you are saying is that your earlier argument was pointless. I will agree with that.
Now what you are saying is that since Jesus did not contradict the disciples idea that there would be a restoration indicates that there is a restoration.
Being a Christian rather than whatever it is you are, I believe the members of Christ is now Israel and we are restored by being redeemed from the world of sin and have entered Jesus' kingdom of doing good through the spirit of Christ that he can freely bestow upon his citizens of his kingdom.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

The point I am "proving" is that God had different relationships with different people in Scripture rather than having the same relationship with everybody. Because of this God was called by many different names and titles as a result. You may disapprove with calling God by His original names but I do not and luckily for me I neither need your permission nor approval. You may also view me as a "cultist" or some nutjob but I don't really care what you think as you seem to make a habit of attacking and calling your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ "cultists" which isn't Love so I therefore can come to the conclusion that you in fact don't really know God. You may also consider me to be a heretic but again I dont really care as I'm not judged by you but rather by the Judge Of All The World. After all being a Christian is determined by your actions and your faith and I am confident that I will be judged accordingly. My God Is Who He is and He is Eternal and Never-Changing.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

. . . I don't really care what you think as you seem to make a habit of attacking and calling your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ "cultists" . . .
That's because they are and belong to the cult of their YouTube video guru. Christians are people who live a life of being good like Jesus. Other people are obsessed with magic. Magic spells and magic blood, saying formulated incantations and prostrating themselves to some unnamed Demon Lord of the Universe who they sacrificed Jesus to to have their sins paid for. That is not Christianity but a Medieval demonology cult. Those are the worshipers of the beast of the material world, and not my brothers. My brothers are those who believe in a God who is spirit and connect to the spirit of God and do good because they want to because they have been changed in a spiritual way, and don't try to act out what they think might seem good to others, to be accepted. God does not care about who men accept.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

My God Is Who He is and He is Eternal and Never-Changing.

Obviously God is but who people think God is has undergone changes and now we are in the Christian era and we know God as defined by Jesus, and not by people who were bent on exterminating all their neighboring countries or the ones already inhabiting the land they coveted. When you say a name like Shaddai, you are invoking the god of genocide. If you believe in that principle, by all means use it to mark out for everyone to see, what spirit dwells within you.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I am jumping on the bandwagon while perhaps this conversation has progressed well past my response. Still, I cannot resist kindly reminding you that you forget all religion, phylosophy and spirituality is NOT about Christ.

Your title: 'Those who reject the Christ will end up accepting the Anti-Christ' implies that in a rainbow nation, a calidoscope of religions, belief systems and phylosophies there is only Christ.

Wrong, Sir/Madam.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I would star your post twice if I could.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Those who reject the Christ will end up accepting the Anti-Christ

Sure. And some who are Christian now will accept the anti-christ. And some who are not Christian will reject the anti-christ. Christ Himself said that when He comes back He will find 'little faith'. Considering that there are 2 billion Christians on this planet .. I'm thinking a whole heck of a lot of those will be fooled. Otherwise .. Christ wouldn't have said that He would find 'little faith'.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Perhaps I could have titled this thread better. It was only intended towards those who follow biblical eschatology. The OP shows this.

I cannot resist kindly reminding you that you forget all religion, phylosophy and spirituality is NOT about Christ.

I agree.
Christians often make the mistake of thinking that things like religon, spirituality etc. all begin and end with the bible.

edit on 10-2-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

thanks for your reply. I will read some posts in this thread to come up to speed.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

. . . I don't really care what you think as you seem to make a habit of attacking and calling your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ "cultists" . . .

That's because they are and belong to the cult of their YouTube video guru.

So lets see, it's okay to buy and read books by Bible teachers and Bible Commentators, but it's only "cultish" if you read books and watch commentaries from Bible teachers and commentators? Is that right? If someone reads one of their books it's great, but if that person watches a video The Bible teachers or Commentators produce that's evil and from satan???

Does that make sense to you?

Christians are people who live a life of being good like Jesus.

Christians are sinners saved by Jesus, who love, worship, and serve Him.

Other people are obsessed with magic. Magic spells and magic blood, saying formulated incantations and prostrating themselves to some unnamed Demon Lord of the Universe who they sacrificed Jesus to to have their sins paid for.

Christ's death on the cross "ransomed" no one. He didn't "owe" anyone anything. The idea there was some ransom God owed the devil is nonsense, no one believes that.

My brothers are those who believe in a God who is spirit and connect to the spirit of God and do good because they want to because they have been changed in a spiritual way, and don't try to act out what they think might seem good to others, to be accepted. God does not care about who men accept.

Exactly right. People should be doing good deeds as a natural result of a repentant mind and indwelling guidance of the Holy Spirit. n fact, I cannot fathom how someone could leave a life pleasing to the Lord without the indwelling and leading of the Holy Spirit.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Perhaps I could have titled this thread better. It was only intended towards those who follow biblical eschatology.

LOL, which version of it? You have amillinnealists, Premillinnealists, Postmiilinnealists, Preterists, and on and on....

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

So lets see, it's okay to buy and read books by Bible teachers and Bible Commentators, but it's only "cultish" if you read books and watch commentaries from Bible teachers and commentators? Is that right? If someone reads one of their books it's great, but if that person watches a video The Bible teachers or Commentators produce that's evil and from satan???

Print this out and attach it to your refrigerator door or something
and maybe one day you will figure out what the difference is.

also: it would help if you change the wording to "a single self-appointed teacher".
edit on 10-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join