It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who reject the Christ will end up accepting the Anti-Christ

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Scripture tells us that Abraham didn't inherit the promises of God through the Law but rather through the righteousness of Faith. Those who have faith are likewise the sons of Abraham and are an inheritor of his Covenant with El Shaddai ( see Galatians 3:6-9). Through this God's promise to Abraham is fulfilled that through him all the nations of the earth would be blessed. I have faith so therefore I am an inheritor of Abrahams covenant just as much as the Jews. This is why I support Isreal and why I dont condeem Islam. Regardless of semantics we are all Gods children whether we believe or not.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

. . . catholic prophecy shows that . . .

Secret messages from an apparition of Mary to peasant children?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by I Want To Believe

. . . Abraham didn't inherit the promises of God through the Law . . .

Someone called YHWH in Genesis had an affinity towards Abraham on account of his following His direction to leave Ur of the Chaldees.
Abraham would have already had the inheritance of the priesthood by birthright, being the eldest son of the eldest son and on down from Shem who was given the birthright from Noah (who probably got it from Seth). Of course he could always loose that birthright by disobedience, but passed his early test by following YHWH with his family to go to Canaan.
The promise from YHWH to Abraham was to have his future descendants to posses the land they were currently the guests of. This promise was to be told to successive generations by YHWH to renew the contract as necessary.
The "by Faith" part by Paul meant that Abraham obeyed the god-like instructions before there was a Law from Moses, and compares that to how we now follow the god-like instructions in the system established by Jesus which exists independent of a written law telling them what to do.
The blessing to the world, as described by Paul, was through a single descendant of Abraham, namely Jesus, and not the modern Jews.
The covenant to Abraham, Paul explains, was changed by God to include the entire world and all the people in it are potential inheritors.
edit on 8-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I never said you did, but you still justify to yourself that Jews need to be supported because of wrong interpretations of verses such as Genesis 12:3.

Not so much Genesis, what really makes me have faith they will be redeemed is places like Romans chapters 9, 10, and 11, Matthew 24, Luke 19, The book of Revelation, Hosea 5;15, Ezekiel, and Isaiah.

edit on 8-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by 547000

. . . catholic prophecy shows that . . .

Secret messages from an apparition of Mary to peasant children?

No. Saints who did miracles.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Not so much Genesis, what really makes me have faith they will be redeemed is places like Romans chapters 9, 10, and 11, Matthew 24, Luke 19, The book of Revelation, Hosea 5;15, Ezekiel, and Isaiah.

Feel free to quote some of those verses you are alluding to, rather than having us assume it is a given that Paul actually makes any points like that. I realize you have a theory of this by Darby but you may have to break down and write up a thesis to support this position you have taken.
edit on 8-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

No. Saints who did miracles.

OK, do you know the names of any of these saints and can we read these prophecies by buying a book or something?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Feel free to quote some of those verses you are alluding to, rather than having us assume it is a given that Paul actually makes any points like that. I realize you have a theory of this by Darby but you may have to break down and write up a thesis to support this position you have taken.

Honestly, are you retarded? This now makes the THIRD different thread that I've explained to you that I have never read any works of John Darby.

Romans 9, 10, and 11. Is it impossible for you to read 3 chapters? I do that before breakfast, that's simple to do.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

No, catholic prophecy shows that Israel will be the superpower of the world some day and the antichrist will kill christians who will not accept his claims to be the messiah.

I find the idea of Christians being targeted by the anti-christ to be unrealistic.
The reason being, large portions of the worlds christian population dwell in the west, longtime allies of Israel.
So an assault on these populations would mean the anti-christ will immediately face the wrath of the wests powerful armies.
Even though the west is not run by religious governments, Im pretty sure they wont sit by twiddling thumbs when the ACs forces come hunting for christians in their cities.

Its more likely that the anti-christ will maintain his alliance with Christian nations and target the weaker muslim states, who are anyway considered as enemies of Israel.

Of course, this is my humble guess.

edit on 8-2-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I find the idea of Christians being targeted by the anti-christ to be unrealistic.

I do too for the most part. His hatred will be focused on the Jews. The great tribulation is called "the time of Jacob's trouble". There will still be the preaching of the two witnesses an the 144,000 sealed saints tho, but primarily the ac's rage will be against the Jews.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I do too for the most part. His hatred will be focused on the Jews.

Not if the jews already accepted him as messiah.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Romans 9, 10, and 11. Is it impossible for you to read 3 chapters?

I mean an expositional thesis, where you state the points of your claim, and then show how the biblical text supports those ideas that are in your mind which you would like to implant into other people's minds.

It could be that you are a disciple of someone who is in turn a disciple of Darby where you don't really have to read Darby's works but you receive his message through the watching of YouTube videos by your direct cult leader.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I agree with your assessment and that is basically what I was trying to covey. Those who believe and have faith inherit Abrahams covenant whether they be Jews or not. God revealed Himself to Abraham as El Shaddai but Abraham already knew Him as El Elyon and Elohim through his encounter with Melchezidek King of Salem. Because of Abrahams belief and faith in El Shaddai he became a friend of El Shaddai and in turn became the Father Of a Multitude of Nations both physically and spiritually I believe. Because of Abrahams faith we too in turn inherit his covenant with El Shaddai.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Romans 9, 10, and 11. Is it impossible for you to read 3 chapters?

I mean an expositional thesis, where you state the points of your claim, and then show how the biblical text supports those ideas that are in your mind which you would like to implant into other people's minds.

Um, no, I'm not going to spend my entire day off writing an expositional commentary on 3 chapters in Romans simply because you're too lazy to spend 15 minutes reading the text.

It could be that you are a disciple of someone who is in turn a disciple of Darby where you don't really have to read Darby's works but you receive his message through the watching of YouTube videos by your direct cult leader.

Or it could be that you're grasping at straws and when you don't have a rebuttal to what a person actually says you attack their character, or try and slander them with the "guilt by association" fallacy. And no, my pastor doesn't have any youtube videos I can think of.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

I do too for the most part. His hatred will be focused on the Jews.

Not if the jews already accepted him as messiah.

There is no stipulation in the Bible that says he won't turn and attack those who follow him. His entire purpose once satan indwells him is to go after the children of Israel. It'll make the holocaust look like a backyard school fight. Jesus even says that at that time, people who kill His sheep will be thinking they are doing God a favor.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Someone must have bought a new book on Amazon. You've done nothing but talk about John Darby for 2 days.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

There is no stipulation is the Bible that says he won't turn and attack those who follow him. His entire purpose once satan indwells him is to go after the children of Israel. It'll make the holocaust look like a backyard school fight.

Well, there is no such stipulation because once the jews pledge their allegiance to the anti-christ, they are finished anyway. They would be the first to accept the "mark"....and that ends it for them, wouldn't it?

Once the jews accept the anti-christ as the messiah, he would have already "gotten" the children of Israel.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

There is no stipulation is the Bible that says he won't turn and attack those who follow him. His entire purpose once satan indwells him is to go after the children of Israel. It'll make the holocaust look like a backyard school fight.

Well, there is no such stipulation because once the jews pledge their allegiance to the anti-christ, they are finished anyway. They would be the first to accept the "mark"....and that ends it for them, wouldn't it?

From God's perspective yes, but for those accepting the mark perhaps it will prolong their life on Earth a few more months or years. Those who reject the mark will be martyred.

Once the jews accept the anti-christ as the messiah, he would have already "gotten" the children of Israel.

But the Bible doesn't say that all will accept him. It says there will be some who reject him and his mark. An orthodox Jew for one would never in a million years place a mark on his body, for anyone.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

From God's perspective yes, but for those accepting the mark perhaps it will prolong their life on Earth a few more months or years. Those who reject the mark will be martyred.

If the jews as a whole accept the anti-christ as their messiah, then they, as a whole, will also gladly accept the mark as a sign of allegience to him. Remember, the jews dont believe in the biblical book of revelations, so they dont consider the mark as a sign of danger. They will most likely take it without questioning it.

The groups of jews who reject the mark and die for it will be very few. Perhaps these might be among "the remnant of Jacob."

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

What is this "as a whole" nonsense? Nothing in life when dealing with demographics is 100%. A majority of Jews today are secular just like the rest of the human population. Allegence isn't going to persuade satan to not persecute the Jews he so hates. He'll devour those who support the ac, and those who reject him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join