It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America Were To Be Invaded, Would You Kill To Keep Our Flag Red, White, And Blue?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by theflamingswan92

The U.S. has the most heavily armed population on the face of the Earth never mind a Massive Military. The possibility of the U.S. being invaded? ZERO% Split Infinity

I'd EMP the states first, then release gas or a bio-agent something to get rid of the gun-nuts in the population, or just nuke it and turn it into one big glass parking lot.* -

* Not really, but i'm sick of hearing Americans say the same thing about other countries.

edit on 24-1-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

To make glass you need to apply heat to sand.
Not a lot of the US is sand.

You might get some riverbanks, and parts of the south west US, but thats about it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
What I should have said is....

The reason you are all edgy and wanting / fearing invasion and war is because of your governments history. I fully and truly understand that not every American feels like or desires war, in fact I'm inclined to believe that most of you don't. But we can't escape the fact that various people in power are the reason for hostilities, for centuries and for many countries and states. But waging war is not the answer.

In fact I genuinely understand that governments couldn't give a damn what its citizens think, and thus my edgy comments are not aimed at the American people.

Just more of a reflection of some of the nasty comments that I occasionally read on here and elsewhere. Calling for whole countries to be wiped out, just because of the actions or media reflections of said actions of a few.

I genuinely don't want anywhere to get invaded, Iran nor America, nor anywhere else.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Well said.

True, most of those who want war are not the ones who will have to be dodging the bullets.

Heck, most of them probably cant even fire a rifle.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
No, I am a pacifist.

I would however, do what I could to defend my family, friends, neighbors, and anyone else who needed it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If they invade, they better watch out for us rednecks!

My deer rifle works fine, and you don't now my woods like I do.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NYMetalhead91
reply to post by chrismarco

What about the war in Iraq we invaded Iraq for the oil. Saddam was not the reason we invaded Iraq. We invaded Iraqi homes and did the same thing China would do to us(or any other country that hates us). I would kill them but not for my country. I would do it to protect who I love dearly, mainly cause the people who run this country don't give a # about us. Plus this country isn't really free if think about you can't hear any curse words but you can see a person get his head blown off. As far as freedom goes the amount of freedom you have depends on how much money you have.

As much as people love to say the war in Iraq was about OIL...and it was to an extent...but not in the way you think. The WAR in IRAQ was a DEMONSTRATION and a WARNING. This is the reality. It was thought that the war in Afghanistan would not properly demonstrate U.S. resolve as far as continuing a Declaration by then Democratic U.S. President Jimmy Carter...that an attack on the OIL reserves in the Middle East...especially Saudi Arabia as well as any threat to these oil reserves...such was the case when Iraq invades Kuwait....would be considered a direct ATTACK ON THE INTERESTS AND NATIONAL SECURITY OF THE U.S.
After 9/11...there were several MASSIVE SCALE MILITARY plans on the table...I know. This one was actually the smallest or less overall destructive that was decided upon.
There are plans and have been plans for decades that in the case of a large scale either Soviet Invasion of the Middle East or a Nuclear attack by Iran or any other country agaist Israel.....where the United States would completely STERILIZE the Area with Low Yeild Neutron Bombs that kill ALL LIFE but would not make radioactive the undergroud oil reserves. Be HAPPY we just invaded Afghanstan and Iraq. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

The U.S. has the most heavily armed population on the face of the Earth never mind a Massive Military. The possibility of the U.S. being invaded? ZERO% Split Infinity

I'd EMP the states first, then release gas or a bio-agent something to get rid of the gun-nuts in the population, or just nuke it and turn it into one big glass parking lot.* -

* Not really, but i'm sick of hearing Americans say the same thing about other countries.

edit on 24-1-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

what other countries have we said this about... Just the one. Just. The. One... -_-

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Your country has already been invaded and sold out to the bankers...and for all your tough talk no one raised a single bullet.. Heck they are even going to give the bankers that robbed you immunity....

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Your firearms are worthless. President Obama sold the military LRAD sound weapons to China. Long before they are in range of your puny .308, they will have you either subdued or dead.

Firearms no longer are 21st Century weapons.

With California's gun laws for example, nobody is afraid to have a amphibious landing on California. There no longer are guns behind every blade of grass. As Japan feared there were in WWII. California could be over ran pretty quick by a foreign military. The citizens of that State can't own a decent firearm.

Besides, America has already been invaded. Nobody did a thing about it.

Well I don't know what America YOU are talking about...but everyone where I live not onlu owns 306...308...AK-47...AR-15...M-16....M-123's.

The Cal coast could never be attacked because we OWN the OCEAN between Cal and South East Asia. YA! RIGHT! USN would just sit on their ass! HA! Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Invaded by MORE Europeans? Sure would fight them

If being reclaimed by Natives or their bering straight Asiatic ancestors, welcome it's about time someone stops the Imperial world tyrant we call "America"!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I have played this game as well and when you consider the fact that there is a lot of psychological conditioning going on in that game. There are other games with in a similar context like Endwar, MW3, Badcompany 2, Badcompany 3. Etc……

We are living in dangerous times and as much as I love video games we need to break this paradigm.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Here's another reality that I have said before...some folks say we are under the control of Chinese Interests because of the Money we have borrowed to pay off deficit spending. Now think of this very carefully. If I was China...and the U.S. owed me alot of money....and as China I have no way Militarily of doing anything about problems such as the U.S. refusing to make payments....or say because China attempted to take over Taiwan...the USN goes in...destroys the Chinese Invasion force and as penalty we refuse to pay back China.

If I was China...I would want to MAKE SURE NOTHING EVER happens to the U.S. so I could get my money back as well as still keep shipping goods to the U.S. because without the U.S. purchasing od Chinese goods...the Chinese economy would be decimated.

The Russians are in constant conversations with the U.S. as is China...what is said in PUBLIC for lacky states to feel good about and what the world reality is are two very different things.

This is the reality....neither Russia or China or the U.S. want to go to war over a bunch of other minor allies we all have security issues with. Such as China with Iran or Russia with Iran. Should hostilities break out....it will be Iran that causes this and in this event...China and Russia will stand down.

Because of my sometimes...Job...I have knowledge of certain U.S. Capabilities and I have not said anything new that a news crew in Canada has reported or anywhere else...it is not classified once out....but believe me in this one statement...there is not one country or even group of countries or perhaps even EVERY country on this Earth that would make the mistake of challenging U.S. Military Superiority. This is a fact. Those who do...no longer exist. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

M-123

Pardon my possible ignorance.
Are you referring to the military truck, the M-123?

Just didn't seem to fit with the firearms, can you enlighten me please?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

M-123

Pardon my possible ignorance.
Are you referring to the military truck, the M-123?

Just didn't seem to fit with the firearms, can you enlighten me please?

The M-123 system is a radar controlled Gatling gun that replaced the old 50 cal. on the still used Heweys and are used on many Troop transport choppers. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Thanks for the clarification!

Pardon me if I seem a bit "old school", I do have an M1 Garand in my gun safe.
Hell of a rifle, pull the trigger and it means business......30-06 vs. the current .223

Just like (as an MP) when the army went from the 45 to a 9mm. Then 9mm is not bad, but when you add in the military only uses FMJ, might as well take my 45 and give me a slingshot.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Thanks for the clarification!

Pardon me if I seem a bit "old school", I do have an M1 Garand in my gun safe.
Hell of a rifle, pull the trigger and it means business......30-06 vs. the current .223

Just like (as an MP) when the army went from the 45 to a 9mm. Then 9mm is not bad, but when you add in the military only uses FMJ, might as well take my 45 and give me a slingshot.

Ah! You are preaching to the choir my friend! I have for the last year been Bitching to replace the current U.S. Assalt weapons with the New BARRETT. Theres the M82 the M468...but there is a new design available not advertised...can't say much but Range of the M-16's .223 but stopping power greater than an AK-47 due to the velocity and the way the bullet tumbles when striking a body.

A lot of people thought that the venerable AK-47...a fantastic weapon that will shoot in the mud all weather...and shot a heavier round was a more potent weapon than the M-16....but once the bugs were worked out of the M-16...a Soldier could carry more ammo than one with an AK as well as have less recoil as I have shot AK's many times and it is very difficult to keep aim on target after the first shot when on automatic...the M-16 is very easy to keep aimed on target as it has very little recoil.

The New Barrett....is like this but has heavy stopping power but unlike a person who is shot with an AK-47....believe me...you would rather be hit by an AK's bullet as it goes straight through a Human Body as an M-16 .223 or the new Classified Barret...will tumble inside a Human Body causing MASSIVE TRAUMA. Plus the Barrett has the ability to penetrate current enemy body armour. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

No I would change it to the MapleLeaf

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by raymondmonaco

I have played this game as well and when you consider the fact that there is a lot of psychological conditioning going on in that game. There are other games with in a similar context like Endwar, MW3, Badcompany 2, Badcompany 3. Etc……

We are living in dangerous times and as much as I love video games we need to break this paradigm.

It is a great game huh? =) and I totally agree, they are breeding us to have a fighter's mentality via video games... Bad Company 2 is great as well... Medal of Honor is my favorite... And COD... haha but yeah man, I do hope it's all for entertainment purposes. Because between violence in games, movies, news, books, music, et cetra... We are getting more desensitized and more used to violence...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot
No, I am a pacifist.

I would however, do what I could to defend my family, friends, neighbors, and anyone else who needed it.

What differentiates a man from a male child is the ability to possess final resolve to the marrow and DNA.
This is the hill I has chosen to die on. My only focus will to have at least a 10:1 kill ratio, with me, of course, being the "1", before I am finished off.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join