It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America Were To Be Invaded, Would You Kill To Keep Our Flag Red, White, And Blue?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by werethefugawe

You are absolutely correct it was clearly an ethnic cleansing by Aglo-whites after the Spanish of course.However If not Anglos then someone else would have done the same thing,That is human nature,nothing to justify,ugly but true.
As to the US being invaded...it would be a nightmare for law enforcement.First when they showed up, no matter where, we would steal all their equipment that we could carry.Their resistance without WMDs would be pitiful at best.They have issue guns,we have customized souped up rifles and pistols.Just leave a tank downtown in any large city overnight even with infantry support the gangs would show up to neutralize them.Say they manage to sail 10 divisions through our navy,MAYBE,they can take California.Depending on how many people drive to the fight.It would be televised like a sport. If they catch you don't be so naive as to think you wouldn't be torchured and killed.The term atrocity would be redefined by both sides.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
How come Bush and co. was surprised when countries he invaded fought back????

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by theflamingswan92

My questions to you are:

1. Is it possible in your mind that we, America, could be invaded?

2. If so, what would YOU do for your country, family, friends, et cetra?

It's possible, but in my opinion, not very probable.

While I'd probably be best suited to provide medical support for defending forces, I still retain the training and discipline learned from my years of military service, and would certainly still be capable of armed resistance if necessary.

I once swore to protect and defend this country, and that commitment didn't end when I resigned my commission. It was a life long commitment to the ideals upon which this country was founded, and something that I'd gladly give my life to defend.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
America will never be invaded from
any country formally it will not happen.
There would be no earth left if that happen.
were talkin nukes now.
America is being attacked from the
inside right now by commies
and islam

pretty much, and I won't lay my life on the line for these people either.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

reply to post by vogon42

Well if we take a look at all the conflict we are in currently, we can come up with possible countries (again this is a for instance scenario) that may collaborate among each other.. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, so lets take a look:

Japan... Hiroshima and Nagasaki...

I'm sure alot more people would like a shot at the U.S. also...

edit on 22-1-2012 by theflamingswan92 because: messed up lol
lol. I've been to Japan and have family there. I even have had family members brutally butchered by US soldiers during post war occupation. Japanese moved on from that. They move on from all kinds of tragedies and disasters, it's part of their culture to appreciate the past but not wallow in it. They wanted to buy up a lot of American real estate during their heyday in the 1980's but that is the extent of their invasion. No, they are not going to invade. Their economic interests and safety and even their modern culture is intertwined with ours. They are allies and darned good ones.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Your right. It was gods will. Some one had to of done it. But are you not curious why a peaceful people was almost wiped out by so called christians. We lived harmoniously with god and his creation, taking only what was needed. Remember europe was in the dark ages. The stink of americas sin is filling the air so much, the creator will deliver retribution.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by werethefugawe
As a proud Native American, we lost our country a couple centuries ago. I would only go so far as too protect my family and let america rot. To me it was invaded a long time ago by blood thirsty people.
You might want to rethink this. I did. When I first read this post my heart went out to you because the bloody history of this country is one full of painful ugly inhumane deeds.

But if you put aside emotion for a moment and really ponder the scenario, and think about the nations that might have the resolve to invade us, they, like most old nations with a long and checkered history, have their own history of slaughtering and subjugating tribal or indigenous peoples. I'm thinking of numerous countries in South and Central America, Asia and some in the Middle East and quite a few less likely candidates in Europe, even. The younger, hungrier superpowers, like China, still engage in human rights atrocities against minorities within their borders.

Right now the Native American tribes are protected, albeit inadequately, by treaties with the US Government. This government, in turn, is administered by a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and mixed gender body of representatives from across the nation. The nation itself, after years of introspection and reflection, is largely sympathetic with and remorseful over the treatment of Native Americans throughout our history and into present times.. It will only grow more so as we continue to address these issues in our classrooms to an extent not seen in my parents' and grandparents' generation and bring a new awareness to past injustices to a generation of future leaders. Whether or not that new good will translates into tangible benefits for surviving tribes will depend on the actions and attitudes of future generations on both sides of the reservation fence, so to speak.

If we have an invasion that is somehow successful in causing the entire USA to rot, as you put it, do you think things will go well for your fellow Native Americans? The invaders will not likely have any sense of empathy or remorse, as their own history will likely have its own share of subjugation of indigenous peoples. It would be a replay of your own people's history and this time it would also encompass a lot of innocent people who weren't even here for the massacres and are only here to get away from being subjugated in their original countries. As horrible as your people's plight has been, remember at large we are a nation giving refuge to lovely people who survived brutal horrifying events in Asia and Africa. I've met a few. Their stories are as valid and compelling as yours.
edit on 22-1-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Typos

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by theflamingswan92

For me i would fight for my country and my family until i am killed but i will not be killed easily or go down weak but if The U.S was invaded the war would not last long. America is just waiting on another country to really get to them so they can use the super weapon and completely remove that certain country and everyone in it off the face of the earth. The atomic bomb is absolutely nothing compared to what America has these days. I suggest the leaders of the other countries should think more then twice befor trying to invade. If another country even tries that. Anything is possible.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I don't know, but I wonder if the invading country would call those people who did fight back terrorists...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

It is very sad but as I figure their isnt really a thing we can do about it what happened, So as a people we should progress towards a better future rather than dwell on a sad treasonous past.
edit on 22-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: fixin a typo

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

As a native I have thought long and hard. But america can not be allowed to get away with everything she has done all around the world. People fail to realize how close we are to what is being discussed. You see, mother earth will only allow a certain type of person to survive, those with the right heart and the right mind. I, nor my family possess both, but that's alright. Life is so beautiful that it is bigger than my family or I. I do not fear death as I will go to the happy hunting ground. What's funny is that what has been done to the indian is being done to america right before our eyes. America has been inveded and is being ripped apart. We all sense it, hense why we.come to this site. Ha ha.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

what did I do then?... Nothing this never happened to me dude.. =/

Oh, I'm sorry. Based on your reference to "red, white, and blue," repeated references to the US, and your use of the phrase "we, America," I thought you were a US American.
edit on 22-1-2012 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

Ooooh I read your thing wrong sorry buddy, I am an American, born and raised in Jersey

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Well you and I are in agreement, then. We can't keep getting away with many, if not most, of our actions abroad. I thought I was voting in the last election for a president who would honor promises to extricate us from those actions, but over time I've come to see that our elected representatives are in thrall to a nebulous powerful special interest beyond that of the general population of the American people. But as someone of a multi-racial, multi-cultural background, I know that most of the rest of the world is also drenched in the blood of innocents. I've myself got roots in a culture in Asia that is almost all but lost to assimilation by Japan. It hurts.

So with that perspective I can't see any group of human beings anywhere fit to judge another group to the point of invading them and forcing a day of reckoning on them. If we or another nation are appealed to for help in fighting for human rights, that is one thing. I thought initially that was the case for Iraq. I believed Bush when he went on the news talking about tearful meetings with Iraqi women who had survived unspeakable brutality. I was all for ending the rape rooms and atrocities attributed to the Saddam Hussein regime. I thought we were being asked to liberate those people by some of the people themselves. My journey to ATS started when I realized I was possibly being played for a fool and my natural sympathies for my sisters in Iraq had been used to dupe me into supporting a war that really had other motives. To be honest I still don't know what to make of that war. Good and bad things came of it. I just think we were not led into it honestly.

Getting back to America and the last elections as well as the ones coming up, I think whatever ultimate interest that is really being served goes beyond national borders to a very powerful and greedy elite cabal. As you go lower down the rungs you will find good, honorable people being played as pawns and pitted against each other so the rich can get richer and more powerful.

There are a great many people in this country who are good and kind and generous. If there is to be a time of reckoning it is those people I would try to help and defend to the best of my modest ability.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
Nobody would dare invade us.
You wanna know why?
Chuck Norris.

HAHAHA ahhh yes! The only man who can slam a revolving door

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I have nothing but respect for the natives of this land. My people were native of a land at one time, but now I am here. I didn't personally make it that way, but this is my home. I dont blame you for your stance one bit. I have learned a lot from red men and they helped me become a better, stronger, more insightful person. If the tribes decided one day to take back what was once theirs, I'd gladly fight right along with them.
Everything is exactly as it is supposed to be. Just as when things change.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

An armed invasion like we've done, like in Iraq, etc.? Well, if they behave anything the way we do when we invade them - for their own good - I'd want to avoid them at all costs. Best to stay away from D.C. and other influential cities, give comfort to friends and family, and pray the US government survives to repay the loan of our retirement pension money.

We are currently being invaded by foreigners and alien constructs. The US is a nation of immigrants and our current immigrations policies are ambiguous. Laws exist to keep people from easily attaining legal status, while almost nothing is done to verify status for attaining employment or services - though done so in most other countries. Also, employers favor hiring less-than-legal workers who accept lower wages and make few demands. These entrepreneurial concerns are often politically influential and welcome this sort of invasion.

Among the invading alien constructs are the multi-national corporations who maintain sway over our national affairs but have no particular allegience to our American nation, though many of these ventures were born on US soil and with US capital. These invaders are much more insidious as they have had means to legitimize themselves and become influential in governmental political and economic affairs but often use their influence in ways that are in contrast to our best interests.

Other alien invaders are globalist concerns, most of which are offspring of multi-national corporations and interests. These mostly exist to influence global political and economic concerns, like the UN and its progeny international standards like Codex Alimentarius, which though claimed to be a voluntary reference organizations like the World Trade Organization recognizes and World Health Organization uses as a guideline for for such official standards as Guidelines for Vitamin and Mineral Food Supplements to impose restrictions on and deal with these as pharmaceutical goods.

Invaders, born of the pharmaceutical industry and its global regulations, are drug trafficking networks ranging from the individual level through global banking and governmental powers. Vast amounts of undocumented currency changes hands to the extent that the illicit drug trade is used by legitimate governmental agencies for government building in third-world and political control.

The Global Drug War is being promoted and fought on a worldwide scale with the intent of controlling drug traffic at all levels. Control IS being maintained over major illicit drug trafficking networks while at various lower levels the profits in this trade are so great that many new players continue to become involved and are sought out by law enforcement networks in an ongoing and perpetual struggle over this self-sustaining illicit industry - which will always be maintained so long as this industry can remain prohibited. This alien industry also serves the purpose to government to become more intrusive and erode individual privacies in order to attain absolute control over consumer substances.

All I can do for my country of birth, The United States of America, is to hope and pray it puts up its own determined struggle against these invaders rather than follow its current policy of aiding them. For my friends and family I continually invite them to visit and perhaps join me in this country where I now reside and hopefully from this distance gain a better perspective to better see what is going on in their native land so that we can recognize and deal with these and countless other invaders I neglect to mention here.

edit on 22-1-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I would find out what I could do to help. Then I would help lead men to find their destinies of defending the freedoms we truly enjoy. This is a great country, but it they change the flag and ask me to help set up our new structure future, I am there.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

So basically I just played a playstation 3 game called Homefront, in which America is invaded and a Resistance fraction, in collaboration with the U.S. government, fight the Koreans who invaded us... Now, I want to bring up a few points and leave you with some questions to freely discuss...

My Ideas:
1. IF... IF this were to happen, us being invaded by ANY country... To me, the collaboration between us and the armed forces would be highly effective, because us as citizens do not have to follow any rules of engagement, war crimes, et cetra...

2. Resistance fighters, plain clothed, in a US invader's eyes would be regular citizens, therefore making it easier top move freely and to ambush our invaders..

My questions to you are:

Many years ago...I wrote out a check, and gave it to our government...it was for anything, up to including my life.
The questions you ask are not anything you should be asking... What your asking is something some or many of us have done, or are doing on a daily basis still.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I doubt we could be invaded with all our defense mechanisms. however if we were then they wouldnt get far. We have people over here that kill for fun. We would have rednecks camped out on roofs of beach houses pickin them off as they came in. Besides we have plenty of citizens ready to fight.

in answer to number 2: Id be one of those rednecks camped out on the roof.

or just call these guys!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Exactly...

It was not I, nor my father, or even grandfather, that placed you on reservations unjustly. And I seek no forgiveness for sins I have not committed. but, would be honored and indeed, strengthened by the man standing beside me to fight alongside to conquer an invading force. We must think outside the box for a moment.

It will be an invasion by ...EMP...that will render us incapable of what most here boast about...yes, we are strong in the face of a common enemy...but when, through the very nature of survival we are faced with fighting ourselves for sustenance...and believe me it will be gang mentality with the control of resources left after all technology is gone, and no infrastructure, do not fool yourselves with some grandiose notion of unity.

Yes, we will defend ourselves and property, and family but, it will also be against fellow so called Americans.
The drive to survive will pit brother against brother and neighbor against neighbor...don't delude yourself.

When the enemy is survival, it is every man for himself...that is a fact, and just human nature.

Peace be with you:
And may we group together in a common allegiance, of hope for a future free world that only we can build again, through tolerance and understanding.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join