It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America Were To Be Invaded, Would You Kill To Keep Our Flag Red, White, And Blue?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by theflamingswan92
1. Is it possible in your mind that we, America, could be invaded?

2. If so, what would YOU do for your country, family, friends, et cetra?

Impossible? No.

I'd heal people and give them seeds, teach them veggie gardening if they didn't know how, and grow extra food to give to peeps.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Have you had a chance to fire the AK 74 ? (aka ....the stinger)

Had a class on it once, but didnt get to fire it.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Thanks to all the hunters and gun owners, America has the largest free standing militia in the world. I'd like to see anyone try to invade us. Sadly the invasion of America is coming from up above and not from some outside source.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

It's like holding a Jackhammer and pulling the trigger! LOL! Very hard to keep on target on full automatic. The new Barrett....is a #@%$&*$ DREAM! No recoil...same effective distance as the .223 round....greater stopping power of tha AK because even though the round is larger than the .223...it obtains high velocity and uses a very clever system of case ejection. I am advocating it to be the new Standard Issue Assalt Rifle of the U.S....but I don't know how much pull I will have...politics and all. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

It's like holding a Jackhammer and pulling the trigger! LOL! Very hard to keep on target on full automatic. The new Barrett....is a #@%$&*$ DREAM! No recoil...same effective distance as the .223 round....greater stopping power of tha AK because even though the round is larger than the .223...it obtains high velocity and uses a very clever system of case ejection. I am advocating it to be the new Standard Issue Assalt Rifle of the U.S....but I don't know how much pull I will have...politics and all. Split Infinity

Ahhh! your so lucky, the only gun I have ever shot was the Taurus Judge.... Shoots .410 shotgun shells and .45 long colts... probably one of the most powerful handguns available

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by theflamingswan92

Actually the 44 Mag has a bit up on the 45 Long Colt as far as velocity, kinetic energy.

Although either one would effectively drop anyone stupid enough to try to invade.

I have a Taurus in 44Mag, well build, dependable, accurate (with my own hand loads). I have not taken a deer with it however, as I mainly only deer hunt with black powder.
(a traditional black powder rifle, not any of this modern stuff)

I picked up the 44 as a backup when a buddy and I were planing to go black powder bear hunting.

I trust my black powder rifle, have taken MANY deer with it, but a bear is a rather big critter...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
And if I may add,a word about marksmanship.Many hip firing conscripted human wave assaults are no match for concentrated concerted fire.Most large armies in the east don't train their line troops marksmanship skills.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If our country were invaded by an enemy from within, say The Pres a Congressman or other politician, I would kill to keep out flag red white and blue - and I should be within my right to do so according to the Constitution

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
May I ask exactly what it is that you are defending?

Seems your all willing to do it.

But you don't actually seem to know *what* it is that you're defending.

Why is that?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Well, I hope they will be defending ME. Because if I were to pick up and try to fire any of the guns these guys are describing in their collections, I would fly backwards across the room!

I fired a gun once twenty seven years ago, and that was with my boyfriend holding my arms steady for me. The doofus didn't put any hearing protection on either one of us and my ears are still ringing. I thought I was stone deaf for a few minutes afterward. I don't know how soldiers do what they do. I'm deeply grateful ours do the job so well that it's not likely I'll have to try their kind of work myself.

For my part I just want to keep strange men out of my house and away from me and my kid. I have war refugees in my family, I heard the horror stories of what happens to the women and even the children. I don't ever want to live in a country torn by active conflict or in a post war occupation situation. My family has been there and done that and it sucks beyond description.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Just look back through the posts, you will see the answers.

Family
Friends
Home

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by theflamingswan92

we are getting invaded all the time look at who is cutting your grass, washing the dishes you eat off of at the local restaurant. if someone wanted to sneak a few across with weapons we would never even know

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
As a Brit, i think love of flag games must be written into my genetic code. I think that is something that you all have also gained from the mother country! Just look at your desire to stick flags everywhere you go (even the moon!)

However, on topic, there are some great flags out there........so surely it would depend on who's flag would be replacing your own!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

Just look back through the posts, you will see the answers.

Family
Friends
Home

Ah, that is not a nation. That is a neighbourhood.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Guns are fun. I like them. As soon as the Conservatives here take some of the restrictions down, I'm getting me some permits so I can have my own at the gun club. I'd like to know how much better I'd be with using my own rather than the rental - I make the poor gangster boys want to cry using the rentals.

While I appreciate that some of you ladies want to wait for the boys to save you, I think that I'd prefer to know that I have my own bag of tricks.
edit on 2012/1/27 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

What country do you live in?
Just curious about the firearms laws, and I dont know whats available in your country.

I actually got my wife an airsoft pistol a few years ago. I helped her with grip, sight alignment, trigger pull.
(my background is military police, and some competitive shooting experience)

Later I picked up a bullet trap and got her a pellet pistol. (so we can shoot in the house)

Once we went to my parents farm...and she found out after all the practice, she is a good shot.

22, 38spl, 10mm, 45 auto, and 357 mag. (although she really didn't like the recoil of the 357)

Anyway, just a longwinded way to say
Airsoft pistols, are good for practice.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

What country do you live in?
Just curious about the firearms laws, and I dont know whats available in your country.

I actually got my wife an airsoft pistol a few years ago. I helped her with grip, sight alignment, trigger pull.
(my background is military police, and some competitive shooting experience)

Later I picked up a bullet trap and got her a pellet pistol. (so we can shoot in the house)

Once we went to my parents farm...and she found out after all the practice, she is a good shot.

22, 38spl, 10mm, 45 auto, and 357 mag. (although she really didn't like the recoil of the 357)

Anyway, just a longwinded way to say
Airsoft pistols, are good for practice.

I'm in Canada. We've got some pretty strict laws. In the city I'm not entirely sure where I could practice with an airsoft. Thanks though - I'll look into it.

I liked the 357. So far I like the Glauc and the 9mil Sig best of all.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I picked up a gel target for the airsoft. The BB's stick to it, then slowly drop into the tray at the bottom.
I practice in my living room when TV commercials come on.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
First off I think it's possible, of course.

Second, I will kill for my families well-being... nothing else matters at that point.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
reply to post by Aeons

Well, I hope they will be defending ME. Because if I were to pick up and try to fire any of the guns these guys are describing in their collections, I would fly backwards across the room!

I fired a gun once twenty seven years ago, and that was with my boyfriend holding my arms steady for me. The doofus didn't put any hearing protection on either one of us and my ears are still ringing. I thought I was stone deaf for a few minutes afterward. I don't know how soldiers do what they do. I'm deeply grateful ours do the job so well that it's not likely I'll have to try their kind of work myself.

For my part I just want to keep strange men out of my house and away from me and my kid. I have war refugees in my family, I heard the horror stories of what happens to the women and even the children. I don't ever want to live in a country torn by active conflict or in a post war occupation situation. My family has been there and done that and it sucks beyond description.

My friend is in the Army, I was curious about the same thing, with all those gunshots how they dont go deaf.. She laughed and told me they have built in ear plugs inside their helmets

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join