It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America Were To Be Invaded, Would You Kill To Keep Our Flag Red, White, And Blue?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tonycliffs

What makes you think the United States will break up in to several nation states?

Especially as the current zeitgeist seems to be a move towards increased federalisation and the break up of the nation state.
Many people are beginning to view the concept of 'the nation state' as one of the biggest causes of war and suffering, second only to organised religion.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I have a mom who was fierce in her day. She beat up some thug considerably larger than her who was sexually harassing her friend. She whomped his butt good and chased him down the street. Even now with severe arthritis, she has a gleam in her eye and takes no nonsense off of anybody!

I had my moments, too. The neighborhood I grew up in got overrun by drug thugs in the 1980's. I surprised myself at how I handled some scary situations. But I can't take credit for that, in my family I've got too many examples of brave tough women and men to live up to.

I think the bravest, toughest, most honorable amazing people I've ever met or heard of are the women from the bad war torn or primitive parts of Africa, where if the wars don't get them, the stupid backwards mutilation customs do. In their home countries they would do the work of twenty men and didn't get any respect and their only thanks was brutalization and mutilation and they still never whine or complain about all they have been through, they just think of how things could be made better someday.

I like this post of yours especially the part about how it is the custom to...at a young age...remove a young girls Clitoris by such horrible methods as a pair of WIRE CUTTERS or a SHARP KNIFE...while a few Male family members hold her down and without the benifit of any Pain Killers or ANESTHETIC...they cut or clip it off!

This is done in primarily Muslim African Tribes where it is thought a WIFE without a Clitoris will be less likely to cheat on her husband. But have you ever noticed that people who protest U.S. interference in their Domestic National or Tribal affairs have many supporters on Boards such as this one but KNOW NOTHING OF WHAT THE CONDITIONS ARE ON THE GROUND! Pathetic! Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonycliffs
Before this century is over, the land called America will be divided into self governing territories.

The United States will look more like European countries.

There will be....on an estimate....four to six distinct divisions of land. For example, the Southeastern states will comprise one self governing territory, the Southwestern states another, etc.

It'll be intersting to see where Hawaii and Alaska and Puerto Rico align.

Also, the Northern half of Mexico will be annexed and subdivided between the Southwest and Southeast territories.

Basically everyone should get along pretty good in a propserpous free market, mutual respect atmosphere. But there will be some border wars, no doubt.

You are DREAMING! If anything...the U.S. will add on MORE STATES! Puerto Rico and Guam are close!
Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

If America Were To Be Invaded, Would You Kill To Keep Our Flag Red, White, And Blue?

Depends who is invading. If benevolent angels are invading, I probably wouldnt put up a fight.

I waited a day or so so I could dig out some old pictures....and after having looked at them....I HAVE to ask...after comparing my personal pictures and your picture....Where in the WORLD are you ATS MODERATORS getting your Avatar pictures from!?!?

Unless you are either the model I dated in N.Y. or her twin Sister....I have to believe you MODS are either all very beautiful people or are clipping out pictures or downloading them out of a STYLE or COSMETIC MODEL site!

Seriously this is a compliment or an accusation! LOL! Besides...ANGELS don't mess with other ANGELS! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

What makes you think the United States will break up in to several nation states?

Especially as the current zeitgeist seems to be a move towards increased federalisation and the break up of the nation state.
Many people are beginning to view the concept of 'the nation state' as one of the biggest causes of war and suffering, second only to organised religion.

For a variety of reasons. The largest reason being economic.

The second largest reason will be the population of the United States.

Third, the good old melting pot syndrome creates internicine war.

It will become economically and politically impractical to rule from distant Washington, DC.

But mostly it will be economic. States will unite under a single governor for technological and economic reasons.

Like I said, that's before this century is over.

They once said that the aeroplane was an impossible idea.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by tonycliffs
Before this century is over, the land called America will be divided into self governing territories.

The United States will look more like European countries.

There will be....on an estimate....four to six distinct divisions of land. For example, the Southeastern states will comprise one self governing territory, the Southwestern states another, etc.

It'll be intersting to see where Hawaii and Alaska and Puerto Rico align.

Also, the Northern half of Mexico will be annexed and subdivided between the Southwest and Southeast territories.

Basically everyone should get along pretty good in a propserpous free market, mutual respect atmosphere. But there will be some border wars, no doubt.

You are DREAMING! If anything...the U.S. will add on MORE STATES! Puerto Rico and Guam are close!
Split Infinity

As is Mexico and Bahamas
good point Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think America has been invaded. We are under the rule of bankers from the old world that wish to impoverish and enslave us. Forget china or Russia, they are invaded too. We are under the rule of Khazar warriors. They are scum. Talk about anti American, they are anti everything except themselves. If you want to help the USA dont deploy to endless pointless wars that are based on lies.

We are under siege. Look at our constitution. Our level of personal wealth, our day to day freedoms. We are under attack. right now. Invaded, by godless, evil SOBs. no buzz words, just facts.

We are being poised to end organized world governments. We have become the hessians of banks. resist. the most patriotic thing you can do is refuse military service in the name of bankers.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I'm not dismissing the possibility at all, just saying that it goes against the current thinking that we will see a North American Union consisting primarily of the USA, Canada and Mexico.
Such a union would be very powerful indeed.

Europe is very close to full political and economic union.
Russia is flexing it's muscles and it would be no surprise if one way or another some of the former USSR countries unite with it.
There are rumblings about increased pan-African unity etc and of course there is the real prospect of some sort of Islamic union.

So any breakdown of the USA would very much be against the global trend.

However, only the other day I was reading about the Cascadia Independance Movement which seeks the cessation from the USA of Oregon and Washington states and British Colombia from Canada and for these states to unite as 'Cascadia'.
en.wikipedia.org...(independence_movement)

In addition I think everyone is aware that California could quite happily manage independantly on the world stage and hold it's own economically and politically.

Not being an expert on American affairs this is only my personal opinion but I suspect that Texas would be also be more than capable of surviving and probably thriving as an independant nation.

Once the dominoes start falling?

Whilst recognising the amount of diversity and regional differences within the USA, I think the loss of that American prestige on the world stage will prevent any break up of the States for any considerable length of time.

But who knows?
How many foresaw the rapid and complete breakdown of the USSR and the Warsaw Pact?
edit on 30/1/12 by Freeborn because: spelling

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
No Matter who Invades us, and it would be through Mexico most likely, I would defend my country. Even if there are D-bags who run our country, this is my land! I'm Native American, and my European ancestors were colonials, both in Canada, and The Original 13 American States.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Don't thinkof it as a 'breakdown' of American society, so much as a realignment of the map of America and the centers of economic power.

Because it is already happening.

Like I said, by the end of this century....and let's party like it's 2099.....the map of America will be divided into regional Governorships related more to multinational corporations than the old fashioned Washington, DC. system we currently have.

Like I said, it is already happening. Most people don't perceive the changes.

Whoops...there's that word again: change.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join