It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America Were To Be Invaded, Would You Kill To Keep Our Flag Red, White, And Blue?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
So basically I just played a playstation 3 game called Homefront, in which America is invaded and a Resistance fraction, in collaboration with the U.S. government, fight the Koreans who invaded us... Now, I want to bring up a few points and leave you with some questions to freely discuss...

My Ideas:
1. IF... IF this were to happen, us being invaded by ANY country... To me, the collaboration between us and the armed forces would be highly effective, because us as citizens do not have to follow any rules of engagement, war crimes, et cetra...

2. Resistance fighters, plain clothed, in a US invader's eyes would be regular citizens, therefore making it easier top move freely and to ambush our invaders..

My questions to you are:

1. Is it possible in your mind that we, America, could be invaded?

2. If so, what would YOU do for your country, family, friends, et cetra?

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by theflamingswan92

I think it is safe to say that if anyone invaded us, just about all of us would fight for our country. If that meant shooting the attacker, then so be it. many iof us have problems with how our country is currently being run, but you shoot the burglar even if you are arguing with your wife.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Has anyone not noticed? We already are under attack.
When are people going to start fighting for their country.

Just sayin......

Edit:
It does not necessarily require bullets to conquer a country.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I would be Patrick Swayze

maybe C Thomas Howel

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Absolutely....because the alternative of what this country could turn into could be horrific...just think of some other country coming in to invade that dislikes Americans (why else would they invade)...imagine them turning this country into an industrial pickup zone similiar to the worst parts of china...we could essentially be contained to our own country for the spoils of other countries..and as bad as this country is at times we still have the best democracy again as compared to other countries although France and the UK are doing quite well...and I truly love the look and colors of the red white and blue especially during the Fourth of July...and technically your not killing for the flag you are killing for the ideals and freedom that we enjoy as Americans..

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Yes...I think it is very possible that we could be invaded..in our own country. If it does happen....I would tend to the wounded and make sure people were fed.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

when won't we be under attack...there will always be some riff going on not to minimize what's going on now but say the economy is great and employment is up...well I can guarantee something else will be on the forefront...I don't know if it's part of our growth or some people will just never be happy..

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
With out a doubt, or a second thought.

The oath that I took, I take seriously, and will honor it until my death.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
America will never be invaded from
any country formally it will not happen.
There would be no earth left if that happen.
were talkin nukes now.
America is being attacked from the
inside right now by commies
and islam

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Could be? I thought we already had been. A more efficient successful invasion, is the kind that occurs behind closed doors. Not much resistance that way.

I think that many people would kill, just because they could get away with it. Many would say that it is for their country, but in reality, it would simply be to fulfill that inner hunger for killing.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
"Some people ask: 'do you shoot to kill or do you shoot to wound?'. I say empty the clip and let the good lord decide"

I am ready and willing to fight.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by badfish420

Originally posted by badfish420

"Some people ask: 'do you shoot to kill or do you shoot to wound?'. I say empty the clip and let the good lord decide"

I see that your [color=FF846B]Good Lord
has taught you well.

Do you even care who it is that you're emptying your clip into?
"[color=DB736B]Screw it. Don't matter. Kill first. Identify later."??????

edit on 1/22/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by theflamingswan92
So basically I just played a playstation 3 game called Homefront, in which America is invaded and a Resistance fraction, in collaboration with the U.S. government, fight the Koreans who invaded us... Now, I want to bring up a few points and leave you with some questions to freely discuss...

My Ideas:
1. IF... IF this were to happen, us being invaded by ANY country... To me, the collaboration between us and the armed forces would be highly effective, because us as citizens do not have to follow any rules of engagement, war crimes, et cetra...

2. Resistance fighters, plain clothed, in a US invader's eyes would be regular citizens, therefore making it easier top move freely and to ambush our invaders..

My questions to you are:

The “What if” scenarios always are fun. But I try to keep it realistic when gaming out possible scenarios.

For instance, if you were to engage hostile forces wearing civvies (to blend in) and were somehow captured, you would not be given to many rights under the Geneva Convention. Chances are you would be summarily executed.

Also, I have always considered family and friends to be my first priority, Country follows after that. So you could say, yes…I’d fight in some capacity.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by badfish420

AMEN!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It's ridiculous to think that any single country could launch a conventional invasion of the USA.

The necessary logistics etc of such an action are immense.

The supply chains for the vast amounts of ammo, food, oil etc would have to stretch half way around the world and would be open to repeated attack from the US's quite substantial naval and air defenses.
And the invasion force itself would have to be immense, far larger than anything ever seen.

The only way this could ever possibly happen is if Russia, China and almost every other nation united together to conduct such an enormous operation, and that is never going to happen.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Yes...I think it is very possible that we could be invaded..in our own country. If it does happen....I would tend to the wounded and make sure people were fed.

Ahh me too, I'm a Certified Medical Assistant as of two months ago, and a CPT as of three weeks ago so I would probably be the Medic haha

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
It's ridiculous to think that any single country could launch a conventional invasion of the USA.

The necessary logistics etc of such an action are immense.

The supply chains for the vast amounts of ammo, food, oil etc would have to stretch half way around the world and would be open to repeated attack from the US's quite substantial naval and air defenses.
And the invasion force itself would have to be immense, far larger than anything ever seen.

The only way this could ever possibly happen is if Russia, China and almost every other nation united together to conduct such an enormous operation, and that is never going to happen.

They say that the enemy of my enemy is my friend... look how many enemys we have, its plausible that some countrys could band together... unlikely but possible

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Totally correct. Without logistical support, you don't win.

Don't forget that they would require Canada's or Mexico's cooperation (if not both) to even think about pulling it off.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Well you got a point there my friend

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

For instance, if you were to engage hostile forces wearing civvies (to blend in) and were somehow captured, you would not be given to many rights under the Geneva Convention. Chances are you would be summarily executed.

But then again their POW's wont have any rights either, but a valid point.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join