It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America Were To Be Invaded, Would You Kill To Keep Our Flag Red, White, And Blue?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Only if we were attacked by Canada.
*shakes fist*
Curse you! And your funny bacon!

Other than that?

Not going to happen.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
They will meet STIFF resistance in the southern parts of our countries.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kutthroat

Especially if they start getting near the moonshine stills.

Those hillbillies could be the ones that end up saving us all.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I would defend my family and my neighbors, friends and community with any weapon available.

with that said, a land invasion with ground troops would have to get by a lot of US hardware first, and I don't see that happening

if it happens, we'll all go in a sudden flash of light, a shock wave and a mushroom cloud

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Only if we were attacked by Canada.
*shakes fist*
Curse you! And your funny bacon!

Other than that?

Not going to happen.

That sounds pretty delicious...
being attacked by "funny bacon", maple syrup, and Belgium waffles from Quebec ...

aah breakfast warfare

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
what i am beginning to see is i think you could not rule anything out, us as citizens get fed lies everyday if it did happen how would you know if any government had panned it all. and America make money from wars. money is the route to all evil

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'd paint it white with bones, red with blood, and blue with bruises from thumb wrestling.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Never say never, although for it too happen, it would need years and years of planning and build up. It would also need the cooperation or occupation of us or Mexico.

The War Colleges and strategists within the US plan for these contingencies though and have battle plans already drawn up for any such occurrence.

Hypothetically though, the only way it could happen with today's current conditions is through Latin America. A slow build up of materials and personnel in the countries through Central America. It would take years for that build up and with the tech the US possesses at the moment, would be seen eventually I would think. If any country could manage that though, along with a clandestine migration of trained forces into the civilian population that were activated at the same time or shortly before to cause havoc and possibly damage whatever infrastructure they could. Power Grids, damns, airports, chaos within urban population centres, etc... It would also require a Naziesque Blitzkrieg through Mexico and over the Southern Border, avoiding Texas initially. To try and roll through Texas would be a bad, bad idea to start, imo, although they would need to take it quickly to secure the oil and refinery resources.

I would assume that about a third of the American population would actively resist, a 1/3 would do nothing out of fear, the remaining third would be split between those that flee the country for here or Europe and those that welcome the invasion and help the enemy.

Someone said earlier that non uniformed resisters would be exempt from war crimes and such. That isn't true, especially if you lose. Most would be just shot on sight, the others would be tried as war criminals and then executed or held in prisons or forced labour camps.

The response from the US's allies would be quick though. There would be militaries from all over the Western World piling into America to fight. I know Canada would be there within days of the first attack by the enemy.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by theflamingswan92

I know this:I would KILL to protect my wife of 17yrs and two awesome boys with out batting an eye.I pitty the fool that tries to break into my home for any reason! I will say it like this if you know who H.S.T. was then you know what I am about even though I have not the literary skills of the late great Mr. Hunter,I have tried to model every other aspect of my life after his. RIP - HST

edit on 22-1-2012 by intrepid because: Drug reference removed.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by theflamingswan92

Depends on who was invading.

Probability is that I would just join whoever won. I'm Benedict Arnold.... Schindler.... I do what I have to do to keep myself free and the most number whom are under my influence.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by theflamingswan92
1. IF... IF this were to happen, us being invaded by ANY country... To me, the collaboration between us and the armed forces would be highly effective, because us as citizens do not have to follow any rules of engagement, war crimes, et cetra...

Yes, you do. By committing war crimes, you would be subject to trial and punishment by the occupying power, or by anyone claiming universal jurisdiction who is sufficiently upset to capture and punish you. If found guilty, you will forfeit your right to prisoner of war status (assuming you had any), meaning you will not be freed at the conclusion of hostilities (assuming you are not simply executed). Furthermore, you will remain subject to municipal law, including the prohibitions on murder, torture, kidnapping, rape, and most of the rest of the war crimes.

And civilians committing war crimes against occupying powers tends to invite mass reprisals against civilian population centers. Another reason it's frowned upon.

1. Is it possible in your mind that we, America, could be invaded?

By who? Canada? They don't want to. Mexico? Happening now.

2. If so, what would YOU do for your country, family, friends, et cetra?

The same thing I did the last time a foreign militia infiltrated our country and killed thousands of people. What did YOU do then?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

I agree with you! I took the same oath. I would defend our country till they got lucky and killed me. I don't always agree with our policy's, but this is my home. I think no one has a chance if troops from another country tryed to fight the people of this country one on one. our troops would not let happen either. Our people here are from all over the world, which means they all bring something to the table.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

what did I do then?... Nothing this never happened to me dude.. =/

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JOBEone

first of all, sincerely thank you for your service, I am a civillian and I appreciate all who fight for my freedoms. thank you. that being said, I would fight for america, I have some hand to hand combat guides from the army, navy, and marines, in addition to seveal other books that teach combatives.. my only point of contention is killing. For america, friends, and family I could kill. I would. but dealing with the fact afterwards, I dont think I could bear it..

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Double post deleted
edit on 22-1-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is so moot. In my last town, in Maryland, we were having trouble getting our mail delivered, so my husband went to the post office to speak to someone about it. He could not get anywhere, because there was nobody available who spoke English. The staff there just looked dismissive. My dad came to visit and we went out to pick up some subs and again, we could not get our order because nobody spoke English. At one local mall we wandered around all day and did not hear a word of English spoken except by ourselves and we were jostled about and glared at, my blond dad that is. I got it to a lesser degree with my olive skin, brown hair and racially mixed appearance. My mom blended in completely and was treated better. I have been harassed and threatened by men in public places like restaurants and stores, who assume I am of the same ethnicity as them, when they find out I can't speak their language. They don't take it any better when I tell them that I am of an Asian descent and don't feel obligated to speak their language no matter what I look like.

I took my daughter to the playground and she started playing with a couple of blond kids who as it turns out, refused or were unable to speak English. Their nanny told me she was hired specifically to raise the kids to speak her language. And she told me flat out that someday her language would be THE language of this land so I'd better think about getting my daughter language lessons, too. I will, as I believe it is a tremendous gift to be multilingual and wish I still were. And since my daughter is of Asian descent, she can have her her pick of Japanese, Korean, or Chinese as well as any Asian Pacific dialects of her choosing. Somehow, though, this is NOT what I think that nanny had in mind when she announced matter of factly and with no malice that her language, culture and customs would eventually prevail over all others that exist in this nation that is supposed to be a melting pot.

So, there are ways in which a country can be successfully invaded and its culture heavily altered and influenced and even overthrown in some situations, without the need for a shot to be fired or a punch to be thrown. Our existing laws should suffice to protect us from an invasion of this nature but instead our elites have sold us citizens out and played favorites for one group of immigrants over all others and screwed over our legal immigrants, too.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
Never say never, although for it too happen, it would need years and years of planning and build up. It would also need the cooperation or occupation of us or Mexico.

The War Colleges and strategists within the US plan for these contingencies though and have battle plans already drawn up for any such occurrence.

Hypothetically though, the only way it could happen with today's current conditions is through Latin America. A slow build up of materials and personnel in the countries through Central America. It would take years for that build up and with the tech the US possesses at the moment, would be seen eventually I would think. If any country could manage that though, along with a clandestine migration of trained forces into the civilian population that were activated at the same time or shortly before to cause havoc and possibly damage whatever infrastructure they could. Power Grids, damns, airports, chaos within urban population centres, etc... It would also require a Naziesque Blitzkrieg through Mexico and over the Southern Border, avoiding Texas initially. To try and roll through Texas would be a bad, bad idea to start, imo, although they would need to take it quickly to secure the oil and refinery resources.

I would assume that about a third of the American population would actively resist, a 1/3 would do nothing out of fear, the remaining third would be split between those that flee the country for here or Europe and those that welcome the invasion and help the enemy.

Someone said earlier that non uniformed resisters would be exempt from war crimes and such. That isn't true, especially if you lose. Most would be just shot on sight, the others would be tried as war criminals and then executed or held in prisons or forced labour camps.

The response from the US's allies would be quick though. There would be militaries from all over the Western World piling into America to fight. I know Canada would be there within days of the first attack by the enemy.

Couldnt you say that the drug cartels invading Arizona are a test or precursor to what is to come? If we cant secure our borders from these guys, rogue nations are going to see it as a way in and launch their attack following the drug cartels design and info.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I would kill them all and let God sort them out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If Africa Invades the US...

Not possible you say?
hmmm.
Let's take a look at that.
    A hydrofoil can go 70 miles an hour by sail power.
    The winds from the horn of Africa to Florida are perfect.
    The distance is 14,000 miles.
    That would take 9 days to cross.
    The population of Africa is estimated at 1 billion.
    40% of which are under the age of 16.

All that is required is for some country to provide the hydrofoils.

So over the next ten years it is not only possible,
but optimal to send 20 to 200 million young men
to Florida for some old fashioned plunder based invasion.
It can be sold as "going to Disney World."

Our defence?
Heh.

Our fleet averages 50 mph on the ocean,
so they couldn't catch them but would have to intercept,
and I don't really know what they could do against
... say 1 million sail powered hydrofoils.
It's not like our airforce even has that many air to surface torpedoes.
And how does one torpedo a ship that is mostly out of the water?

Invasion of any country by Africa would be an immense surprise.
Say India, either that, or it's a 3 hour trip by hydrofoil from Tunisia to Italy.

But supply lines are not a problem for an invasion force using the oldschool methods of plunder and pillage.

So I feel the question is not weather one _would_ shoot or not,
but rather, will one get the _chance_ to even shoot before it's too late.

/end two cents
David Grouchy
edit on 22-1-2012 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
well as some one claimed,usa is uder attack and has been for a long time.its just not a conventionable way,like in some martial arts they are using our own strenght against us but make no mistake,inaccion is not do to blindness.every one can see how our foundation laws have been twisted and rights removed,sovereignty is blowing away chip by chip.can any one really not see this hapening?the countrys wealth being drained away.so,back to the question,what would you do if usa was under invasion?wach tv? discuss how bad we have been injured?oh,and yet we send troops out on the defence of the enemie that are attacking us?911 should never be left forgotten,that was a clear attack on us and to let that go as it has been (unclear),so many things just simply not adding up.so i guess most americans wont do jack,when the enemy stares in there eyes,they hide.sad to say but true.and some are just bought with a fancy job,a fancy house,and a fancy car,that is as far as they feel patriot ,a job,car,house and food.and the rest doesnt matter.so they walk with a flag of usa and there heads high singing usa,usa,usa.wont lift a hand in defence of usa.
edit on 22-1-2012 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)
one question,how many areas have been seized already?doj`?dod?dop?cia?fbi?dha?fcc?and the list goes on.do people not come here and talk about how manipulated the msm is?and how we are kept in the dark? by whom?for what?ttttttdenial is great in our country but not from blindness
edit on 22-1-2012 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join