It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Congratulates Women For Following Scripture - No Jewelry and No Braided Hair.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

.. and adulterers. Don't forget that one. Popes, Bishops, Protestant Ministers and Pastors ...Lots of sexual stuff going on with them. Not all, of course. But many.
edit on 4/8/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

So you just affirmed your own hypocrisy. I have to give you credit for that at least.

The KJV is the final authority.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocometus
So you just affirmed your own hypocrisy.

No. I stated a fact. There have been plenty of popes, bishops, ministers and pastors who have been embroiled in sex scandals. It's not a secret. They have sex problems just like the rest of the world. They aren't specially shielded from that. Stating that isn't 'hypocrisy'. To say that it is makes ZERO sense.

The KJV is the final authority.

KJV Cultist.
I already gave the evidence showing it's not.
Here is some again. I suggest you read it and educate yourself.
Lets see some of that spectacular 'reading comprehension' that you claim to have (but that has yet to actually manifest itself).

What are the Major Known Translation Issues with the King James Bible
Problems with the King James Version
Errors in the KJV ..and boy are there a lot

The translators were influenced by the Crown ... new older manuscripts have been found since the KJV came out and those are more accurate, meaning that the KJV translated manuscripts that were not accurate to begin with ... actual bad translations ... words from the KJV meaning something totally different then from what they mean now ... etc etc

edit on 4/8/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I know this will be interpreted as heresy, but the Bible is based on Myths created by a much older civilization and interpreted by scribes.

Were their Myths divinely inspired? Hard to tell; the Lord works in mysterious ways.

moreesemadu.com...

The "clergy" need a control mechanism to confirm their holy countenance, designed to control the rabble....they weren't stupid! Probably more inspired by economics than theology.
edit on 8-4-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz
The "clergy" need a control mechanism to confirm their holy countenance, designed to control the rabble....they weren't stupid! Probably more inspired by economics than theology.

And also by their lizard brains, seeking the rush of power. Evermore detached, forever chasing the dragon until their souls have shrivelled and there is no longer any compassion in their hearts.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
You can avoid adding fuel to a raging fire by simply walking away. “Where there is no wood the fire goes out,” the Bible says. It also advises: “Beginning a fight is like opening a floodgate;* [Or “like opening a dam.” Lit., “letting out waters.”] Before the quarrel has burst forth, take your leave.”

edit: (Proverbs 17:14; 26:20)

I forgot to add the exact texts I was quoting there.

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Coming back to this text as quoted in my previous comment (in that rather long remark):

“... having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power and from these turn away. From among these arise men who slyly work their way into households and captivate weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.” (2Ti 3:5-7) (cause they are sold pipedreams, myths/false stories and lies, about life continuing after death, 'death being a transition or passage to another kind of life', reincarnation, ascension, to use a term spoken of a lot in the Stargate shows, there explained as ascending into a being of pure energy or spirit, etc.)

You'd think women would be more interested in the assured promise of staying young forever (also without illness or emotional pain or stress) than the pipedream about life continuing after death* though (*: not really dying, I'm not talking here about the resurrection promised in the Bible for those at least willing to follow its instructions, even when on occasion one might fail to do so to the letter/perfectly; which you can also refer to as life after death, but is quite a different thing than the idea and myth/false story promoted by Satan and the ancient Babylonian religious teachers, as spelled out before, 'death being a passage to another kind of life').

The real fountain of youth (which unlike the cosmetic industry and its products that never quite live up to the promises in their ads, anyone can partake of for free, “without cost”, no charge; when God's Kingdom will begin its rule on earth, at which point there will also be this resurrection I spoke of): Revelation 21:1-8; 22:1,2,11-15:

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. 2 I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

5 And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also he says: “Write, for these words are faithful* [Or “trustworthy.”] and true.” 6 And he said to me: “They have come to pass! I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga, the beginning and the end. To anyone thirsting I will give from the spring* [Or “fountain.”] of the water of life free.* [Or “without cost.”] 7 Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8 But as for the cowards and those without faith and those who are disgusting in their filth and murderers and the sexually immoral* [See Glossary] and those practicing spiritism and idolaters and all the liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. This means the second death.”
(so not eternal torture, not literal fire, but symbolizing eternal desctruction, ceasing to exist; it's called the second death because this death is permanent without any hope of a future resurrection, that chance will be gone then)

Chapter 22

And he showed me a river of water of life, clear as crystal, flowing out from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of its main street. On both sides of the river were trees of life producing 12 crops of fruit, yielding their fruit each month. And the leaves of the trees were for the healing of the nations.
. . .
11 Let the one who is unrighteous continue in unrighteousness, and let the filthy one continue in his filth; but let the righteous one continue in righteousness, and let the holy one continue in holiness.

12 “‘Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to repay each one according to his work. 13 I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. 14 Happy are those who wash their robes, so that they may have authority to go to the trees of life and that they may gain entrance into the city through its gates. 15 Outside are the dogs* [That is, those whose practices are disgusting in God’s eyes.] and those who practice spiritism and those who are sexually immoral and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices lying.’

edit on 9-4-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join