It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Congratulates Women For Following Scripture - No Jewelry and No Braided Hair.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: NorthOS

In Leviticus there are a lot of instructions given to the Jews regarding hygiene. Especially around diseases.

NO, LOL

Those instructions are around "Issue", like pee, poop and semen", maybe sweat, and for a woman add blood to the list, along with a couple of turtle doves for the priests.

You're right about the focus on hygiene. In fact, many of the toilets had an arm that sprayed water upwards for the woman to sit upon.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz

originally posted by: WeMustCare

a reply to: WeMustCare

Yes indeed, we should return to old testament laws. Why do we need a new Testament, the old laws don't apply anymore?
Who decided we need a new bible....It wasn't God; it was the clerics and Kings, That's why they call it the King James version.

Without the blood sacrifices, we are doomed!! Bring back Leviticus before it's to late!!!

bible.org...

Have You practiced what you believe by sacrificing a living creature? Man, Chicken, Fish, Rabbit, etc.?

Yes, I have killed chickens, deer, rabbits and lots of fish... I ate them. You got a problem with that?

Did you view those actions as the "blood sacrifices" you support?

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Well, it's just one of many Paths.

There are several Holy Books and records out there.

You should see the archives of the Buddhists and the Vedic texts of the Hindus!

It puts what little Cunniform survived to shame.

YUGE!

Imagine how big the Book of Life must be!

Volumes upon volumes, a never ending library!

And it can't be altered or burned by an advesary, only God Himself, if He Sees So Fit.

*drools*

As a rabid bibliophile, such a library would be......HEAVEN!

YEP. And it all gets expanded beyond comprehension, if intelligent NON-human life is discovered!

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034

Based on my (limited) experience with Jehovah's Witnesses, they are indeed "nicer" and less judgemental than most religious groups are. The primary downside (imo) is they limit the number of humans who can get to heaven to just 144,000.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...#

😢

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans but not Canadians. Why can't I own Canadians if I pay for them?

I can tell what era you would visit, if a Time Machine was made available to you.

You might stay there.

Truth be known....I'd return to the Hedonistic 60s/early 70s and put the old band back together.

Find others who feel the same way and make it happen today. Make your wish a reality.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Maybe BRAIDED hair holds more mites and other critters that can cause infections. That could be why, of all hairstyles, braids were scorned upon.

Braids can be easily taken out in some cultures hair, other cultures it's a bit more tricky.

Dreadlocks were the natural state of uncared for hair back in the olden days before combs.

The only way to rid dreadlocks of lice or other vermin was to shave the head entirely.

There was a beautiful African American Girl who sat next to me in one school I attended who came into contact with lice and sadly she lost all of her hair because of it, but I thought she looked beautiful with shorn locks and told her so.

It seemed to help, but she still missed her hair.

Fortunately, it was a gentle sadness because she wasn't very vain and she was back to her jovial and funny self in no time.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

I was the only child in our Methodist church allowed to sit in Sermon Sundays in my age group.

Everyone else was regulated to Sunday School because they were bundles of curiousity and energy, and I was kind of a solmn thoughtful silent type who paid attention to my Elders.

When my mother remarried and I was first introduced to the Catholic Church, it was amazing.

I walked into the Cathedral and the choir was singing in Latin and I was overwhelmed with a glowing golden light and a indescribable feeling of peace, love, joy and welcome.

It was like coming home.

Sadly, due to changing times and certain parishes and the wealth of Masses out there, the last Mass I attended on the Feast Day of Jesus was a little too severe and Draconian for me. A woman was reading the Holy Rosary (traditionally it's a soft spoken priest or else we pray silently in the Masses I grew up in) and she was very repetative and her words were drowning out the Peace of Christ and I felt rage welling up in me and I had to excuse myself and go outside and relocate to avoid flipping tables so to speak.

Strange things afoot at the proverbial Circle K.

The church has recently been revamped, more room, new statues of Mary and Joseph, a Family Oriented parish.

But the humble, smaller, more folksy tradition suited me better I think.

I simply couldn't bring my limited human flesh to transcend the loud broadcast of the newly installed speaker system and the droning of the rosary and the dead and uninspired "folk music" they brought in for whatever reason the changing tides have.

It was almost as if it was a Call to Arms, and I follow the Path of Christs Peace, not the Lords Judgement.

Shortly put, given that it was completely unusual and uncharacteristic of everything I knew about Catholicism, I wondered if it was akin to some sort of Bene Gesserit Type ceremony with a Reverand Mother using the Voice, and God was giving me the signal to leave and not be part of it anymore.

Anyway, long stry short I gave my thithe to a homeless kid with a puppy, and went and had a beer at the All Ages Venue down the road, and sat on the porch with my frosty beverage, and the Peace of Christ followed me there as I sat silently with a cigarette in refection and prayer.

It's entirely possible they were playing AC/DC on the jukebox inside, but they didn't bother me none and I didn't bother them and the Unisex bathrooms were a lot more accomodating for the clientele that frequents said establishment.

And after all, Jesus did kind of hang out with the underclass and unwanted, healed the sick and gave to the poor, so in a way, it was a more fruitful and proper experience than sitting in a Mass that did nothing but stir up negative emotions, and I think that's what God would have wanted for me.

Your experrience may vary.

He who liveth by the sword shall die by the sword and all that jazz.

Sorry, I get full of the spirit and ramble sometimes.

Thanks for reading.

Great post! In fact, I bet there is an audience who would buy your writings. In this thread alone, you have shared captivating recollections from your life that would resonate with a whole lot of people, imo.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I've seen some things out there in my hallucinations that affirms that there are greater lifeforms out there, but they don't reveal themselves en masse for a reason.

Some are amazing, some are stoic, and some are really really mean until you let them know you're not a threat and you mean no harm or conflict.

Some i wouldn't trust with my life and I'm not getting taking rides with strangers, no matter how tempting the offer.

I'll stick with astral projection and take care of Mother Earth to the best of my abilities for as long as I can.

I kind hope the visitations of certain ones cease because it can get rather intense, and I'm kinda shy.

The shy ones like me know I'm shy and make sure I'm asleep first.

The nice ones also don't use their self defense or punishment weaponry on me, which I also appreciate.

I know this sounds nuts but sometimes I wonder if this whole schizophrenia thing is just a trainign manual for when we do make it offworld, like a Federation test of sorts.

I mean, we did just make Space Force a real thing.

On the bright side, from what I understand, the Majority of the Galactic Community (as varied as it is) has rules of conduct guided by the Creator, and I know in my heart of hearts he wouldn't subject me to anything I couldn't handle.

I just really really hope I have a happy ending when all is said and done, and my demons aren't of flesh and blood.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

Well, a lot of the wackier biblical laws for woman are mostly carryovers from previous codes. Ur-Nammu and Hammurabi mainly.

Shows up strongly in Mosaic law:

ETA:

LSA poisoning isn't fun, but they didn't know about contaminated wheat, so they ate hallucinogenic bread and killed all the unpopular girls. Exodus was helpful in justifying what to do about the insanity. Of course it was the unpopular goodies making them trip their ass off.

WOW! Before your post, the only 2 I knew about were, Women can't speak in Church, and Christian Wives have to give up the puzzy when the Husband wants to have sex.

What an eye opener. I can't believe GOD told his female children, to let his male children, treat them that horribly! NO WAY. Those passages had to be 100% invented by guys with an inferiority complex.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Aww thanks.

I'd probably have to copy cut and past emy posting history here on ATS to get the books together because I'm kind of all over the place with experiences, but I'm glad you enjoyed the stories!

I wish I still could draw and play music, and my room is littered with a chaotic jumble of notebooks with notes and bits and pieces everywhere on things I woudl love to finsih but never seem to have the time to get them all together what with taking care of chores, my husband and his considerations and so forth.

Maybe one day I can get something bound or self publish an ebook.

I have disorganized schizophrenia so I'm kind of all over the place offline (and online I only have a few outlets I stick to).

Once again thanks, and I'll try to shush and let others have the floor for a while becuase I absolutely ADORE the community here and love reading stories as much as I love writing them.

Hugs!

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 09:51 PM
link   

If you focus on the New Testament it doesn't come up as much. Leviticus bans almost everything. Many of these dictates had captivity's influence written all over them. The ownership/slavery bit especially. Sumer, Canaan, Babylon, Persia, all had influence on the Hebrew Man's best attempt at god's words when it was finally written down.

It's modern applicability can be humorously summed up.

edit on 2-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 09:55 PM
link   

This type of misogyny can be attrinuted to the Demiurge (God of the Material Realm) who was abandoned in this Space Time because he was concieved and borne from Sophia without the consent of her Husband, and who was considered an abomination not suited for the Realm of Golden Light.

Abandoned and never knowing a loving mother or her influence, the God of This World was very ruthless against women as he worked out his rage and abandonment issues, and his intrinsic hatred of the Divine Feminine.

Both the Old Testment and Quran have harsh penalties for women who don't obey.

The rise of misplaced power of the Vengeful Diety who has inserted his corruptability into the Holy Texts is not the Trrue God, the Source, the I AM, but rather an abandoned child who is angry, fearful, alone and has a God Complex over all creation.

That is why He states He is a Jealous God, and None Are To Come Before Him.

That's why there is so much strife in the Middle East.

ID EGO AND SUPEREGO.

We are made in his image, and to Know Thyself is the beginning of His Healing Process.

He's still got his limits, every Man does, as do every Women, and the conflicts we are seeing today are human beings going through the motions of satisfying God's Plan for the redemptive arc. Some will live, some will die, some will be martyred, and trials and tribulations abound.

I sincerely wish everyone here to be surrounded by the Grace, Mercy and Peace of the Creators Hand.

I wish for Peace in the Middle East, although my voices always say "nice try kid, it's never gonna happen."

I guess it's a guy thing.

Women have our blood rituals (mensturation, blood that brings life, much like Christs sacrfice on the Cross) and then there is the Men's Blood RItuals, which I shudder to think of and pray I never have to bear witness to full force.

Anyway, I'm gonna take a chill pill and shush again.
edit on 4/2/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 09:54 AM
link   

In Leviticus there are a lot of instructions given to the Jews regarding hygiene. Especially around diseases.

NO, LOL

Those instructions are around "Issue", like pee, poop and semen", maybe sweat, and for a woman add blood to the list, along with a couple of turtle doves for the priests.

You're right about the focus on hygiene. In fact, many of the toilets had an arm that sprayed water upwards for the woman to sit upon.

If only it was a toilet issue! But we're talking about 8 days and 2 turtle doves!

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When any man hath a running issue out of his flesh, because of his issue he is unclean.

3 And this shall be his uncleanness in his issue: whether his flesh run with his issue, or his flesh be stopped from his issue, it is his uncleanness.

4 Every bed, whereon he lieth that hath the issue, is unclean: and every thing, whereon he sitteth, shall be unclean.

5 And whosoever toucheth his bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

6 And he that sitteth on any thing whereon he sat that hath the issue shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

7 And he that toucheth the flesh of him that hath the issue shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

8 And if he that hath the issue spit upon him that is clean; then he shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

9 And what saddle soever he rideth upon that hath the issue shall be unclean.

10 And whosoever toucheth any thing that was under him shall be unclean until the even: and he that beareth any of those things shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

11 And whomsoever he toucheth that hath the issue, and hath not rinsed his hands in water, he shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

12 And the vessel of earth, that he toucheth which hath the issue, shall be broken: and every vessel of wood shall be rinsed in water.

13 And when he that hath an issue is cleansed of his issue; then he shall number to himself seven days for his cleansing, and wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in running water, and shall be clean.

14 And on the eighth day he shall take to him two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, and come before the Lord unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and give them unto the priest:

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Like washing in RUNNING water. Men specifically.

Something the medical profession didn’t figure out until the 19th century after trying to determine why so many women were dying from infections after childbirth.

Maybe BRAIDED hair holds more mites and other critters that can cause infections. That could be why, of all hairstyles, braids were scorned upon.

I was thinking about that as well!

Also, we know that a lot of ancient makeup contained lead and other dangers.

And, imagine getting infections from piercings.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   

NO, LOL

If only it was a toilet issue! But we're talking about 8 days and 2 turtle doves!

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When any man hath a running issue out of his flesh, because of his issue he is unclean.

3 And this shall be his uncleanness in his issue: whether his flesh run with his issue, or his flesh be stopped from his issue, it is his uncleanness.

4 Every bed, whereon he lieth that hath the issue, is unclean: and every thing, whereon he sitteth, shall be unclean.

5 And whosoever toucheth his bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

6 And he that sitteth on any thing whereon he sat that hath the issue shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

7 And he that toucheth the flesh of him that hath the issue shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

8 And if he that hath the issue spit upon him that is clean; then he shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

9 And what saddle soever he rideth upon that hath the issue shall be unclean.

10 And whosoever toucheth any thing that was under him shall be unclean until the even: and he that beareth any of those things shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

11 And whomsoever he toucheth that hath the issue, and hath not rinsed his hands in water, he shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

12 And the vessel of earth, that he toucheth which hath the issue, shall be broken: and every vessel of wood shall be rinsed in water.

13 And when he that hath an issue is cleansed of his issue; then he shall number to himself seven days for his cleansing, and wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in running water, and shall be clean.

14 And on the eighth day he shall take to him two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, and come before the Lord unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and give them unto the priest:

Maybe like the sea shells in Demolition Man

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Having braids - like corn rows - in for a long time isn't hygienic.
Neither are dreadlocks. (man ... can those smell bad!)

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Yes indeed, we should return to old testament laws. Why do we need a new Testament, the old laws don't apply anymore?
Who decided we need a new bible....It wasn't God; it was the clerics and Kings, That's why they call it the King James version.

Without the blood sacrifices, we are doomed!! Bring back Leviticus before it's to late!!!

bible.org...

Have You practiced what you believe by sacrificing a living creature? Man, Chicken, Fish, Rabbit, etc.?

Yes, I have killed chickens, deer, rabbits and lots of fish... I ate them. You got a problem with that?

Did you view those actions as the "blood sacrifices" you support?

No not really....on the farm we butchered all sorts of animals for the table. I started wringing chicken necks when I was about 10yrs.old, I hated it, but it was a rite of passage on those windy plains in the panhandle of Texas.

Growing up in rural Texas was a bloody affair. We were very poor and raised almost everything we ate. I just sold that farm, but kept the mineral rights on the oil and gas leases. Ah, Texas...

edit on 3-4-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: KKLOCO
God also killed Onan for blowing his load on the ground and not in his brothers wife:

This is called onanism in Christianity.
It's part of why the Catholic church calls masturbation a sin.
Not sure about the protestant churches ...

Yes, I know. The religion I grew up in believed the same. In fact, I used to give talks in front of the 120 person congregation, starting at 8 years old. One topic I was given at 15 years old, was the ‘masturbation is bad’ talk. I gave it (hard to get out of talks) and proudly admit that I was an absolute hypocrite.

On a side note, Someone needed to tell the god of the OT that the pullout method doesn’t work…..
edit on 3-4-2024 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

That's why most peole use synthetic braids these days.

It's still a very expensive hairstyle to maintain as well as traditional dreadlocks (there are modern treatments to clean the outer layer of hair and ward off bad odors and unwelcome visitors in some places but I'm kind of out of date with the community and I don't want to bother them with questions about products while they're working espcially since I don't have dreads myself, it would seem silly.)

There are Yogis who have incredibly impressive dreadlocks, but I've only been to India and I understand some parts can be very aromatic to Western Sensibilities and it's kind of dangerous for girls like me in some regions these days so I'll just stay Stateside where I know I'm safe.

I thought about growing dreads at one point when my hair started naturally forming them on the underside of my hair, and it took a lot of brushing to get them out or an undercut when the summer heat became too much to bear with all that hair.

I don't envy folks with superlong hair (dreaded or not) because I know it's a challenge for me to maintain and I still remember Crystal Gales performances when I was younger. What a lovely singer. Long locks are super duper cool.

I kinda wish I could grow mine to my ankles but I know full well it sarts to get a bit annoying once it reaches my waist and I have to cut it back a bit and start the wistful longing all over again for waist length hair that behaved itself.

I'd go short again but last time I had my mohawk undercut I started feeling a little too severe after a while.

Maybe this time around the length will work, it's a bit thinner now with age and doesn't dread as frequently or as quickly.

Theres a lady down the road at the recycling depot with a gorgeous long braid and she's awesome sweet.

She rocks.

I really gotta try that Mane and Tail treatment and thicken it back up a bit.

Just a touch to be on the safe side.

I wish they didn't pave over the feed store in my old neighborhood to make more parking room for the darn Racetrack Casino.

I know I'm not the only one.

Oh well.

Life goes on.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 10:03 PM
link   

That is what some people tell me when I ask them about certain Bible statements. They say, "Those rules were applicable to Christians back then, but not now."

Once you start doing that, isn't it a slippery slope that leads to each person, or church, cherry-picking what they want to follow...and not want to follow?

How about this one?

“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare* [“We do not wage warfare.” Lit., “we are not doing military service.” ...; Lat., non . . . mi·li·ta'mus.] according to what we are in the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things. For we are overturning reasonings and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God;” (2 Cor 10:3-5)

“A careful review of all the information available goes to show that, until the time of Marcus Aurelius [121-180 C.E.], no Christian became a soldier; and no soldier, after becoming a Christian, remained in military service.” (The Rise of Christianity, by E. W. Barnes, 1947, p. 333) “It will be seen presently that the evidence for the existence of a single Christian soldier between 60 and about 165 A.D. is exceedingly slight; . . . up to the reign of Marcus Aurelius at least, no Christian would become a soldier after his baptism.” (The Early Church and the World, by C. J. Cadoux, 1955, pp. 275, 276) “In the second century, Christianity . . . had affirmed the incompatibility of military service with Christianity.” (A Short History of Rome, by G. Ferrero and C. Barbagallo, 1919, p. 382) “The behavior of the Christians was very different from that of the Romans. . . . Since Christ had preached peace, they refused to become soldiers.” (Our World Through the Ages, by N. Platt and M. J. Drummond, 1961, p. 125) “The first Christians thought it was wrong to fight, and would not serve in the army even when the Empire needed soldiers.” (The New World’s Foundations in the Old, by R. and W. M. West, 1929, p. 131) “The Christians . . . shrank from public office and military service.” (Editorial introduction to “Persecution of the Christians in Gaul, A.D. 177,” in The Great Events by Famous Historians, edited by R. Johnson, 1905, Vol. III, p. 246) “While they [the Christians] inculcated the maxims of passive obedience, they refused to take any active part in the civil administration or the military defence of the empire. . . . It was impossible that the Christians, without renouncing a more sacred duty, could assume the character of soldiers, of magistrates, or of princes.”—The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, by Edward Gibbon, Vol. I, p. 416.

The End of False Religion Is Near!

What Is False Religion?

Are you distressed about crimes committed in the name of religion? Do the warfare, terrorism, and corruption perpetrated by those who claim to serve God offend your sense of justice? Why does religion seem to be at the root of so many problems?

The fault lies, not with all religion, but with false religion. A widely respected religious figure, Jesus Christ, indicated that false religion produces bad works, just as a “rotten tree produces worthless fruit.” (Matthew 7:15-17) What fruit does false religion yield?

False Religion . . .

◼ MEDDLES IN WAR AND POLITICS: “Across Asia and beyond,” says the journal Asiaweek, “power-hungry leaders are cynically manipulating people’s religious sentiments for their own needs.” As a result, the journal warns: “The world threatens to sink into madness.” A prominent religious leader in the United States declared: “You’ve got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops.” His solution? “Blow them all away in the name of the Lord.” By contrast, the Bible says: “If anyone makes the statement: ‘I love God,’ and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar.” (1 John 4:20) Jesus even said: “Continue to love your enemies.” (Matthew 5:44) How many religions can you think of whose members engage in war? [whereislogic: or condone military service? Sometimes it's even encouraged or depicted as some great or noble service to your country, some Churches have even been used as recruitment platforms for the military.]

◼ SPREADS FALSE DOCTRINE: Most religions teach that the soul or spirit is some invisible part of a human that survives the death of the physical body. By means of this teaching, many of these religions exploit their members, charging money to pray for departed souls. However, the Bible teaches a different doctrine. “The soul that is sinning​—it itself will die.” (Ezekiel 18:4) “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5) Jesus taught that the dead will be resurrected​—an unnecessary action if humans had an immortal soul. (John 11:11-25) Does your religion teach that the soul does not die?

More examples of Christendom's disregard for the Bible and God's instructions and teachings:

edit on 4-4-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join