It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America Were To Be Invaded, Would You Kill To Keep Our Flag Red, White, And Blue?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by theflamingswan92

1. Is it possible in your mind that we, America, could be invaded?
Could be? I thought we already had been. A more efficient successful invasion, is the kind that occurs behind closed doors. Not much resistance that way.

2. If so, what would YOU do for your country, family, friends, et cetra?
I think that many people would kill, just because they could get away with it. Many would say that it is for their country, but in reality, it would simply be to fulfill that inner hunger for killing.

I must say that deep down I have always felt thats why people would resist, an example is police officers, now of course the public needs them, badly (which makes no sense by the way, why we are giving out so many pink slips to decorated officers...) but many of them I believe just want a chance to kill. Thanks for the insightful comment

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I am USA born and bred..YES!!! The red, white and blue means everything to me!! The fact the we have a website like ATS to discuss topics and disagree openly with our government is exactly what the USA stands for!!! It's not perfect, but it is the best solution. Would I fight for my country? Of course I would!!

So let it be known to the whole world....if you think your country is going to successfully invade the mighty USA....you gotta another thing comin;!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I'm right there with you mam' Im in the southern part of the USA and it really urks my because where I am, believe it or not, Americans are the minority... And it really bothers me because the forigners are ALWAYS talking about how superior their country is to ours.... Im not a bigot but they should go home if they really feel America is that inferior...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Not only Africa my friend, China! If they discontinue our import/export relations with them we will be severely damaged economically (even more) and there are 4 billion people in that country, they could come with .410's or .22 pistols, or pea shooters and probably invade us. We are only a nation of 800,000,000 I believe...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by theflamingswan92

Not only Africa my friend, China! If they discontinue our import/export relations with them we will be severely damaged economically (even more) and there are 4 billion people in that country, they could come with .410's or .22 pistols, or pea shooters and probably invade us. We are only a nation of 800,000,000 I believe...

China has a long history,
and their intentions are made pretty clear by examining it.
They would be far more likely to own us than to invade us.

Africa, on the other hand, seems to be "just arising from sleep"
and has no known history of intentions.
On top of that sea-piracy and looting are rising in popularity there.

So I'm not worried about China.

I could see China covertly providing Africa with the Hydrofoils and training though.

/shrug
David Grouchy
edit on 22-1-2012 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Depends on if that flag has a gold fringe or not.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Nope!! I don't believe that..first of all we are 350 million strong..and almost every one of us is armed....and some are Mega-armed, as is our right. Not only would a foreign army have to deal with our miltary but us citizens too. There is no way the US citizens would allow invasion...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Originally posted by theflamingswan92

China has a long history,
and their intentions are made pretty clear by examining it.
They would be far more likely to own us than to invade us.
/shrug
David Grouchy
edit on 22-1-2012 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

I suppose you are right, but even then we would have some sort of uprising, if China were to own us, buy out our debts, or what-have-you, I believe there would still be civillian resistance... then maybe my worst fear, martial law, would be put in place... What do you think would happen to our presidency? Would we just follow China's leadership and government? Now I'm confused haha

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynzer

Nope!! I don't believe that..first of all we are 350 million strong..and almost every one of us is armed....and some are Mega-armed, as is our right. Not only would a foreign army have to deal with our miltary but us citizens too. There is no way the US citizens would allow invasion...

350 million? Man I was wayyyy off
I would like to think that it would never happen, but if it does, you are right, there will be freedom fighter fractions

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Do you honestly realise how ridiculous this thread seems to non-Americans?

First of all, no-one has any intentions of invading the USA.
Secondly no-one has the capability to invade the USA.

And with all due respect, you are no different to anyone else.
If the UK was ever invaded I'd fight with all my heart to repel the invaders, as has happened in numerous other countries over the years - the fact that Americans would do the same merely suggests you are no different to the rest of us.

And on top of that we have people complaining about foreigners in the USA.
You are a nation of foreigners, it's what you were built on - it's what you are - and I don't mean that as an insult, it's just a fact!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I understand your view, and appreciate your input, I'm simply trying to get people to look inside themselves and put themselves in a position, however unlikely it may be

And you never know, look what happened to Troy, they thought they were impenetrable... it only takes one iron horse

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't kill to keep the flag.

the stripes nowdays stand for the stripes all citizens metaphorically wear on their backs as the government slavemasters beat us daily as they erode our rights. The red stripes is the blood the people bleed as the government beats harder and harder to keep them sheep in line and thinking alike with media propaganda system.

so yea I'd burn that flag in a heart beat.

edit on 1/22/2012 by Cito because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Nobody would dare invade us.
You wanna know why?
Chuck Norris.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

1) Yes- it is possible, highly unlikely that we would be invaded without advance warning though.

2) Yes, Yes, and Yes. Without fail I will defend my country,my family, and my way of life, with force if necessary.

This is a very simple straight forward answer to both of your questions.

And, I have the ability, and wherewithall to do it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Is there a specific country you are referring to ?

Do you think all of America will be invaded at once.

Thats a lot of countries......
Canada
USA
Mexico

Guatemala
Honduras
Nicaragua
Costa Rica
Panama

Colombia
Venezuela
Ecuador
Peru
Bolivia
Brazil
Paraguay
Chile
Uruguay
Argentina

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Do you honestly realise how ridiculous this thread seems to non-Americans?

First of all, no-one has any intentions of invading the USA.
Secondly no-one has the capability to invade the USA.

And on top of that we have people complaining about foreigners in the USA.
You are a nation of foreigners, it's what you were built on - it's what you are - and I don't mean that as an insult, it's just a fact!
you might be referring back to my post since I was the first to bring that up in depth. On the face of it, it does sound ridiculous for the reasons you stated. What I am getting at and the reason I risked a statement that otherwise contradicts my Christian beliefs in all humans being equal in the sight of God is the ugly fact that as the daughter of a foreigner, a legal resident alien, I am seeing my Asian contribution to the melting pot denigrated and trivialized by another group who insist their language, culture, outlook, and way of life will take precedence over all other languages, cultures, and contributions of other immigrants and the citizens born here.

When your immigrant mother who came to this country lawfully and struggled to learn the prevailing culture and language of the country can no longer easily get by because another group came in and imposed their own over a sizable region, it does feel like an invasion.

Now you will look at my other posts on ATS and I largely celebrate the diversity in Maryland. I think it is a good thing to have a nation of immigrants. I'm part of that fabric myself. But when one group by its sheer numbers declares special rights and privileges and pushes ahead of the line, it starts to fall apart for everyone.

As for a violent invasion, well of course our family would engage in self defense. Knowing that, that's why I have a problem with my government's military involvement overseas sometimes.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Well if we take a look at all the conflict we are in currently, we can come up with possible countries (again this is a for instance scenario) that may collaborate among each other.. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, so lets take a look:

France hates us... Not sure why...
Middle Eastern countries... we invaded, found no weapons, and still hung around
Japan... Hiroshima and Nagasaki... 'nuff said

China outnumbers us over 7 times...

I'm sure alot more people would like a shot at the U.S. also...

edit on 22-1-2012 by theflamingswan92 because: messed up lol

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
Nobody would dare invade us.
You wanna know why?
Chuck Norris.

HAHAHA ahhh yes! The only man who can slam a revolving door

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

America has been invaded, from within. All this talk about defending the nation a load of hype. who is running the country now. the bankers...

edit on 22-1-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender

Originally posted by beezzer
Only if we were attacked by Canada.
*shakes fist*
Curse you! And your funny bacon!

Other than that?

Not going to happen.

That sounds pretty delicious...
being attacked by "funny bacon", maple syrup, and Belgium waffles from Quebec ...

aah breakfast warfare

You're missing the obvious here. If Canada were to declare war on the US, first they would launch a campaign with Newfie fries, to incite general confusion. Then they would attack outright with an unending onslaught of Poutine.

To answer the question, I don't believe it is possible at the present for another country to invade the US. It would need to be several countries, to handle & support the logistics of supplies & manpower. If it were ever to happen, and whatever area of the country I was living in was deemed dangerous to reside in, my priority would be to move my children somewhere safer, not stay & fight. Therefore, no, I probably would not take up arms & abandon them in a war.
edit on 1/22/2012 by Nyiah because: Typos...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join