It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America Were To Be Invaded, Would You Kill To Keep Our Flag Red, White, And Blue?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I like you very much Aeons but your post to me had a vaguely condescending air to it I don't think a classy woman like you meant. I would hope YOU would defend me, too. It's not because I'm a woman and they are guys. It's because I'm a SMALL woman. There are ten year old girls at my daughter's school who are bigger than me! I'm small boned, slender and lean muscled. I struggle with heavy doors. I can LIFT very heavy loads for my size, but force pushing me sideways gives me trouble as I have no leverage being so petite.

I also have a bad back thanks to all my time in the workforce proving I could keep up with everyone else and loading and unloading heavy equipment with the engineers I worked for. A retired Navy SEAL praised my spirit. But a willing spirit in a tiny frame can only do so much with firearms!

I'm beat up, I'm done. I've got nothing to prove to anyone in this life but God. If a gentleman or lady of ability is willing to help protect me, I give them my sincere gratitude and will find some other way to reciprocate or help within my means. Me trying to fire a gun would just be a tragically comical way to hasten the victory for the other side.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by theflamingswan92

Oh, so THAT is their secret! I wonder about police, then. Some wear helmets but many don't. Was your friend a tall woman? As you can see by my posts my difficulty with guns isn't so much my gender but my diminutive size. In other words I'm a total shrimp!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Sorry Dude..there's a difference between a game and real life. Ok you play this game but the problem is you can't ask a question like that ..Based on a game..

Now if it were a question like.. Would you do whatever it took in a war to protect your flag..would you. Hmmm No..the flag now means nothing whats to come means everything. for yours mine and everyone on earth what would you do to protect yourself and your family
Me everything that i know how to do..

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I am merely very frustrated with a number of women being feeble. I apologize that it comes through as a personal condemnation.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

If America Were To Be Invaded, Would You Kill To Keep Our Flag Red, White, And Blue?

Depends who is invading. If benevolent angels are invading, I probably wouldnt put up a fight.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
the only way i would possibly 'kill' is to protect my immediate family

and killing at that time would only be if the situation was that we all faced extermination by a group that outnumbered me-myself-and I

invaders want to subject the targeted people for resources or to negate their ability to fight or disrupt the invasion...
crude soldiers or lofty Angels ....as an invasion force.... desire to subject the population under attack to the invasion forces rules/laws etc
so, there is no time to immediately determine if the invasion force is going to be benevolent or just common, harmful despots

the rule of 'first appearances' would hold true...
i.e.: if someone attacks you then they are up to no good what-so-ever- angels or demons in human flesh included
edit on 27-1-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Oh, so THAT is their secret! I wonder about police, then. Some wear helmets but many don't. Was your friend a tall woman? As you can see by my posts my difficulty with guns isn't so much my gender but my diminutive size. In other words I'm a total shrimp!

Nahh she's a little shorty haha.. I miss her, but Im glad shes doing what she loves

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Oh wow, that's amazing! Then there may be hope for me. I know some people take their children hunting but I have no idea what kind of gun they use. We do have a rifle. My husband went to the trouble of finding one he thinks I could use in a pinch, that doesn't have heavy recoil. I would imagine it's the kind you'd find granny using to run the revenuers off the still, lol! But I haven't had any lessons on how to use it yet. Even if I could use it, in a SHTF scenario with all the big strong people running around with big firepower, realistically I'm toast no matter how you look at it. I can actually fight fairly well, thanks to attending public school in a rough neighborhood.
My Asian mom was well versed in martial arts and my soldier dad taught me a few things, as well. I did defend myself and the outcast kids at school pretty well against bullies. The nerve and resolve is there and is proven.

I just don't think shooting is my strong suit. Not only am I a shrimp, I'm twitchy. Meaning I get those nerve twitches sometimes that cause my arm or leg to spazz out. Small, hyper jumpy people and guns, oh lord. Oh yeah and to complete the package at the solidly middle aged point, I'm both nearsighted and farsighted...glasses with bifocals for me! Aeons, I'm not feeble... just farcical! You do the shooting and leave me to set the boobie traps!

Oh man this thread is a trip, the more I think about it. Please oh please if there is to be an invasion, let it be a zombie apocalypse...with the slow moving original Dawn of the Dead kind.

edit on 27-1-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Urrgh I mean Night of the Living Dead!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Invade us?
LOL
They need to take away our guns first.
Millions of registered firearms from sea to shining sea
And thats only registered.

Did Homefront ever address this issue?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

........ We do have a rifle. My husband went to the trouble of finding one he thinks I could use in a pinch, that doesn't have heavy recoil..... ..

FWIW - There are many "youth model" rifles out there that might fit you well.
In particular I would suggest you look for a
30 carbine

Its not a youth model, but was designed for troops in WW2 that would normally carry a pistol rather than a rifle (tankers, artillary....etc)

Since it is a carbine, it has a shortened stock and barrel. Should fit your smaller frame well.

The 30 Carbine round is not quite heavy enough for deer sized game here in the US, but is enough for a person.

Since the round is not enough to take down a deer, recoil is very mild.

I often refer to mine as a "22 on steroids"
Its too heavy for rabbits, but not enough for deer. VERY fun to shoot.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Oh wow, that's amazing! Then there may be hope for me. I know some people take their children hunting but I have no idea what kind of gun they use. We do have a rifle. My husband went to the trouble of finding one he thinks I could use in a pinch, that doesn't have heavy recoil. I would imagine it's the kind you'd find granny using to run the revenuers off the still, lol! But I haven't had any lessons on how to use it yet. Even if I could use it, in a SHTF scenario with all the big strong people running around with big firepower, realistically I'm toast no matter how you look at it. I can actually fight fairly well, thanks to attending public school in a rough neighborhood.
My Asian mom was well versed in martial arts and my soldier dad taught me a few things, as well. I did defend myself and the outcast kids at school pretty well against bullies. The nerve and resolve is there and is proven.

I just don't think shooting is my strong suit. Not only am I a shrimp, I'm twitchy. Meaning I get those nerve twitches sometimes that cause my arm or leg to spazz out. Small, hyper jumpy people and guns, oh lord. Oh yeah and to complete the package at the solidly middle aged point, I'm both nearsighted and farsighted...glasses with bifocals for me! Aeons, I'm not feeble... just farcical! You do the shooting and leave me to set the boobie traps!

Oh man this thread is a trip, the more I think about it. Please oh please if there is to be an invasion, let it be a zombie apocalypse...with the slow moving original Dawn of the Dead kind.

edit on 27-1-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Urrgh I mean Night of the Living Dead!

Haha! well if ever we do meet on the front lines, I have a strong feeling we will be okay! As far as the zombie invasion you mentioned, I agree, 28 days later's zombies are WAY WAY WAY too fast! And as far as guns go, I recommend a .380, or even a 9 millimeter. Guns dont take too much to control, most of the required strength is mental strength

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Thank you Vogon and TheFlamingSwan for the gun suggestions. They are something to keep in mind if it turns out I can't handle the rifle my husband bought.

You know we've been talking about invasions and all, and I don't want to veer us off topic, but feels it bears mentioning, the past year the situation with the police in my nice suburban county has gotten really ridiculous. Somehow despite reported budget cuts and repeated threats to cut police response, I see MORE police than ever before, all around the grocery stores of all places. It used to feel nice at first to see police around...I grew up thinking of them as a comforting presence. They were always the good guys. And I believe many still are, but these days they are pulling people over so often for very minor speeding it snarls traffic on a regular basis. My husband got pulled over for speeding a few weeks ago, he swears he wasn't and will fight the ticket in court, but what bothered him most was how brutish and rude the officer was. And they tailgate the elderly or people like me driving a car so old and beat up it is powered by gerbils and can't speed. It's scary when they do that because it seems like they pick situations that the person whose bumper they are riding can't easily and safely make a lane change.

I've been stopped and questioned numerous times in parks. Me, a middle aged suburban mom with a small child in tow...just for standing there enjoying nature. "Good day ma'am, may I ask what you are doing? Can I assist you with anything?". Huh what...assist me with what, birdwatching and botany? I mean it's all very polite, but also so strange and unnecessary. It is also comical because man or woman, the officer always has something about their demeanor that makes you think they are desperately trying to come up with something to charge you with or issue a warning about, but can't quite dredge anything up.

And in the local paper a few weeks ago there was a news item about a journalist who got grabbed by the throat and arrested for photographing police conducting some sort of stop or arrest, I don't remember exactly. He didn't interfere, he merely identified himself as press and took a picture.

It is our own police force yet their presence no longer feels familiar and comforting now, except for some random positive encounters. But with so many of them looking to stop people to generate revenue or fulfill some other unfathomable purpose, it already feels a bit like an occupation. I guess you fight that sort of thing by voting, and not weapons but with people voting just on party lines here and not on issues, it's not working!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

I like you very much Aeons but your post to me had a vaguely condescending air to it I don't think a classy woman like you meant. I would hope YOU would defend me, too. It's not because I'm a woman and they are guys. It's because I'm a SMALL woman. There are ten year old girls at my daughter's school who are bigger than me! I'm small boned, slender and lean muscled. I struggle with heavy doors. I can LIFT very heavy loads for my size, but force pushing me sideways gives me trouble as I have no leverage being so petite.

I also have a bad back thanks to all my time in the workforce proving I could keep up with everyone else and loading and unloading heavy equipment with the engineers I worked for. A retired Navy SEAL praised my spirit. But a willing spirit in a tiny frame can only do so much with firearms!

I'm beat up, I'm done. I've got nothing to prove to anyone in this life but God. If a gentleman or lady of ability is willing to help protect me, I give them my sincere gratitude and will find some other way to reciprocate or help within my means. Me trying to fire a gun would just be a tragically comical way to hasten the victory for the other side.

HEY! Never underestimate yourself. I know plenty of women who are tiny but are FIERCE! Case in point...my MOM! Now I am a fairly big mucsular guy of advanced training and if I am lucky to be home at Thanksgiving...just the specific tone of my Mom's 5 ft 2 inch frame....I am 6 ft 1 inch and all muscle....SCARES THE S#%! outof me! LOL! I spilled some gravy on her clean stove top and I SWEAR I would rather be facing a whole Tribe armed with AK-47's and me with a stick than have to face and deal with my MOM! LOL!

Now it is true that I come from a Military Family and my Mom is "CIVILIAN" in the way the quotes mean as am I...my Dad...Military as well as a host of both Living anfd Killed in action relatives. But that little woman commands RESPECT and in my experience in my sometimes job when I am not in a region that is the Middle East as they treat women as children and slaves...you get in a Jungle enviroment and alot of tribes are Controlled by a Matriarchal Ledership.

These Women are much smaller than my Mom and are like 4 ft. 4 inches in height but the Men are scared of them too! So I do not put too much stock in who is male or female as far as survival.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

One of my Relatives refitted Smith and Wesson and because of this...I was able to get as a gif a .357 Magnum Revolver of a very limited styl e and design. It is just but a 6 shooter yes but it is the most accurate firearm I have EVER shot and when held properly....always returns the barrel to target after pulling the trigger.

It can take either .357 Magnum or .38 rounds but I prefer using the .357 Mag rounds. It is a beautiful weapon that will NEVER JAM....and I can put a .357 Mag round right through an Engine Block and stop a vehicle if need be.

I do not use it professionally....but i like it around when I am home as I have had Glocks Jam before as well as other auto's Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Yes, I spent many years carrying a semi auto....this is what Uncle Sam provides, this is what I carry.

But for home defense I prefer a revolver, due to the fact that revolvers dont jam.

ETA: I have a sweet Taurus 44Mag
Due to the fact that it came from the factory ported, has an 8 3/8 in Barrel, and heavy barrel lug, it actually has less recoil than my brothers 357.

I like the barrel length, it gives a sight radius that is like the computer nerd thing.....point and click

edit on 29-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I would kill! Especially if Newt and Mittens were heading the invasion!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Sorry for your experiences.
I spent 11years as an MP (so ok, military law enforcement, rather than civilian), and sadly, there are some out there that are on an ego trip.

I have taken some troops aside and explained to them there is a difference between wearing the badge, and letting the badge wear you.

Since you are wearing that badge, you are in the public eye. For that reason you are held to a higher standard, and should be professional, and polite.

Sadly, some don't seem to get that "Serve and Protect" part. Unless they have someone above them to straighten them out.....they will continue to act this way.

It sounds possible that they have supervisors pressuring them to generate revenue.

While on gate duty for a military housing complex, I have told people
You have a headlight/taillight.....etc, out. Be sure and get that fixed OK.
I don't even issue a written warning for that, verbal is good enough.

Its the guy 3 cars back with explosives in his pizza box that I'm going to have a long chat with. Comparatively, your break light is not that big of an issue.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

I think it's a pressure to generate revenue that was the big game changer around here, possibly coupled with the "see something, say something" attitude being fostered to start making everyone, police and civilians alike, think there is a terrorist in every park and playground. Who knows, maybe there is, this is the state where Malvo And Muhammed went on the killing spree known as the "Beltway Snipers". I honestly do not know if 9-11 was an inside job like the conspiracy suggests, incompetence, collusion...I don't know for certain what caused that tragedy. Maybe it truly was terrorism from outside. I can believe any number of things are possible or probable but I can't know for certain from my armchair perspective as a housewife. So I won't denigrate sincere efforts by law enforcement to keep us safe and keep dirty bombs out of our parks.

But we have somehow moved too far on the spectrum and I think it's because being prudent had been replaced with being profitable. Where some measures are prudent, we are going to extremes because somebody has figured how to milk a lot of money out of the security biz.

We are seeing the results with the likes of that poor guy in New Mexico who was jailed for 2 years without due process in a for profit prison system. We are seeing the results with elderly and disabled being harassed in our airports so everyone will be intimidated into accepting the body scanners and make their manufacturers rich.

And I think we are seeing the results with police who went into the force with the idea of protecting and serving, only to find they are being treated like glorified meter maids, trapping people for ticket quotas. I think that would disillusion and embitter...and bore the hell out of a lot of once promising officers. I can't imagine what it must do to morale. I would guess they are attracting fewer suitable people and now attracting people who can just handle very routine assignments and lack the social skills we associated with officers in the past around here.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I have a mom who was fierce in her day. She beat up some thug considerably larger than her who was sexually harassing her friend. She whomped his butt good and chased him down the street. Even now with severe arthritis, she has a gleam in her eye and takes no nonsense off of anybody!

I had my moments, too. The neighborhood I grew up in got overrun by drug thugs in the 1980's. I surprised myself at how I handled some scary situations. But I can't take credit for that, in my family I've got too many examples of brave tough women and men to live up to.

I think the bravest, toughest, most honorable amazing people I've ever met or heard of are the women from the bad war torn or primitive parts of Africa, where if the wars don't get them, the stupid backwards mutilation customs do. In their home countries they would do the work of twenty men and didn't get any respect and their only thanks was brutalization and mutilation and they still never whine or complain about all they have been through, they just think of how things could be made better someday.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Before this century is over, the land called America will be divided into self governing territories.

The United States will look more like European countries.

There will be....on an estimate....four to six distinct divisions of land. For example, the Southeastern states will comprise one self governing territory, the Southwestern states another, etc.

It'll be intersting to see where Hawaii and Alaska and Puerto Rico align.

Also, the Northern half of Mexico will be annexed and subdivided between the Southwest and Southeast territories.

Basically everyone should get along pretty good in a propserpous free market, mutual respect atmosphere. But there will be some border wars, no doubt.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join