It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you ever known a psychopath?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Neuron

It's almost like I was born this way.
I can show emotion but it's all a front, I basically mimic the required emotions in a reactional way to the enviroment as I know that's how 'normal' people behave.

Thanks for that. So, .... now you make great money for being that way..... what do you think of those of us who decry and refuse to "toe the line" that you find so easily "toed"?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Neuron

It's almost like I was born this way.
I can show emotion but it's all a front, I basically mimic the required emotions in a reactional way to the enviroment as I know that's how 'normal' people behave.

Thanks for that. So, .... now you make great money for being that way..... what do you think of those of us who decry and refuse to "toe the line" that you find so easily "toed"?

i think we know the answer to that.

i really need to learn how to edit down quotes!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
My brother is one. He is absolutely the most manipulative scary person I have ever encountered. He has been sneaky and manipulative since he was a child. He is a pathological lair. Ever heard of the saying "If their lips are moving, it s a lie"? , that's him. He will lie about anything, even things that are obviously not true, or that don't matter in the least but he seems to get some enjoyment out of trying to deceive you just for the hell of it.

Money is a big motivator for him and he has stolen money from both my parents. He goes between denying it, or claiming it was his anyway because they were going to die and leave it to him anyway. That is the kind of messed up rational they work under. Its mine because....

My father died of suspicious circumstances and I am not sure he didn't do it. He carried on in an unusual way at the funeral, exaggerated displays of grief with no real tears. It was very weird.
He wanted to talk about dads estate the day after he died.

My mother found that he had been going through her and her husbands life insurance papers in her home while she was out. He threatened to kill them if they told anyone about him stealing her money.

He comes off as very charismatic until you start to uncover his lies and I have tried to warn several people who have gotten involved with him. They have all learned the hard way. He takes what he wants and leaves them and in some cases their kids high and dry with nothing. No remorse.. He even stole a truck from and elderly couple and pawned it.

Just to give you an example of how F'ed up he is, After being in the county jail for a total of 2 days for stealing everything from his own mother he tried to tell me he found Jesus and that I should stop drinking because I was going to hell. At the same time, showing no guilt for what he did to mom. Unbelievable...

There is more but that's a start.

edit on 11-1-2012 by kokoro because: add/spelling

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

while I appreciate the sentiment, you are the first person to ever call me "normal"...I don't know if I myself believe this but I appreciate the sentiment anyway. Not sure how to feel about it though. If I'm "normal" then "normal" is pretty #ed up....lol

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

just turn your tv on.
the president is addressing the nation.
see that guy in the background, slighty to the left?
well, that's zbig.
that's two psychopats already.
there you go.
keep watching tv.
you're bound to spot even more psychos.
you're welcome.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86
reply to post by wildtimes

while I appreciate the sentiment, you are the first person to ever call me "normal"...I don't know if I myself believe this but I appreciate the sentiment anyway. Not sure how to feel about it though. If I'm "normal" then "normal" is pretty #ed up....lol

i don't think from a bit you posted on this thread a good assessment can be made. i'm supposing you are not "normal" however, it is normal to have bad thoughts. i have them. i have some really really mean ones directed toward people who have hurt me. i wouldn't act on them though. and i'm pretty stable... for the most part

i think a lot of people think they have more wrong with them than they actually do. that may not apply to you. it might, but none of us are qualified to know that.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I dated a psychopath for a year. Didn't really figure it out until the last couple months. Turned out she had been cheating on me the entire time while also lying about countless other things. She showed no emotions of guilt or anything when I broke it off after the discovery. Through the months of our relationship, when I suspected something else was going on, she went to great lengths to convince me that it was all in my head. Even going as far as suggesting that I should be on mood stabilizing medication. Good times.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kokoro

that's terribly sad and scary. it's good of you to try to warn those you can. i wish someone had warned me. actually someone thought about it but had she done it i probably wouldn't have believed her. however, someone did come forward to me with some info (not really a warning) that i didn't believe at the time and it stuck with me and was one of the reasons i caught on to him.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DCabal

they all cheat and they all try to make you think it's in your head. i'm sorry she took a year of your life. does she have a questionable past? most of them lie so much it's hard to tell.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
reply to post by kokoro

that's terribly sad and scary. it's good of you to try to warn those you can. i wish someone had warned me. actually someone thought about it but had she done it i probably wouldn't have believed her. however, someone did come forward to me with some info (not really a warning) that i didn't believe at the time and it stuck with me and was one of the reasons i caught on to him.

I warned his last girlfriend whom had been his jr high sweetheart. He reconnected with her and I tried to tell her not to trust him. She didn't listen, he completely wiped her out financially. Told her he had a great job, moved her into a house he couldn't pay the rent for when she had a perfectly descent place to live to begin with, and had her buy a new car. Then come to find out he had no job at all and he was stealing money out of her bank account, they got evicted and she and her kids had no where to go, no savings, and a new car she couldn't pay for... He cares for no one. Thank god I live in a different state and my family knows to call the cops if he shows up, its nothing good.
edit on 11-1-2012 by kokoro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Actually right after the breakup, her mom confronted me and told me that they have been trying to get her help for years (because of other reasons like eating disorders that come and go and her other mood disorders) but she continues to manipulate them into postponing or changing their minds. Her mom asked me my opinion on it and the only thing I said was "Get her some help" before I got back in my car and left. Its pretty apparent that she has many more social and psychological disorders. Thing is, she's a psychology major in college and uses the information to dispute claims by her friends and her doctors when it comes to her medications. I hate to see her become a counselor with someone's potential life in her hands.
She's also gone as far as putting herself in the hospital when she's not getting enough attention from friends and family.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I just have to say thank you for this post, and thanks to everyone who replyed. I always wondered if I was/am a psycopath, because as a child I would torment animals, for reasons I never knew/know. As I got older I sort of straightened out, and feel like a "normal" person, though there are definately a few boxes on the "psycopath checklist" I could fill. It seems like there may be a spectrum of psycos, and may not be as cut and dry as one might think. Again, thanks for the post and all the replys.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DCabal

i know a lot of messed up people go into the psych field in order to fix themselves or understand themselves better. she definitely needs help. if she's truly a psychopath though.... it's usually a moot point. they manipulate the therapist.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraDOSEcious
I just have to say thank you for this post, and thanks to everyone who replyed. I always wondered if I was/am a psycopath, because as a child I would torment animals, for reasons I never knew/know. As I got older I sort of straightened out, and feel like a "normal" person, though there are definately a few boxes on the "psycopath checklist" I could fill. It seems like there may be a spectrum of psycos, and may not be as cut and dry as one might think. Again, thanks for the post and all the replys.

i think you may be right about the spectrums!! i really have a feeling that is true but psychopaths are so hard to study.

i'm glad you found the post and i'm glad you feel you've straightened out. most don't get better... they just learn better ways to manipulate as they get older.

thank you for replying and you're welcome

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I warned his last girlfriend whom had been his jr high sweetheart. He reconnected with her and I tried to tell her not to trust him. She didn't listen, he completely wiped her out financially. Told her he had a great job, moved her into a house he couldn't pay the rent for when she had a perfectly descent place to live to begin with, and had her buy a new car. Then come to find out he had no job at all and he was stealing money out of her bank account, they got evicted and she and her kids had no where to go, no savings, and a new car she couldn't pay for... He cares for no one. Thank god I live in a different state and my family knows to call the cops if he shows up, its nothing good.
edit on 11-1-2012 by kokoro because: (no reason given)

well that didn't work out for her too well! ouch. i have a friend that kind of thing happened to. i'm not sure if her ex is a psychopath (he probably is - i don't know enough about him) but he wiped her out and her mother too. he drives around in a huge hideously expensive truck that's in her name that he's not making payments on (which are something like $500 a month). he lies his way into jobs that he only keeps for a couple of months at a time. he pretends he's an engineer. not sure how you can fake your way into that but he does!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae

well that didn't work out for her too well! ouch. i have a friend that kind of thing happened to. i'm not sure if her ex is a psychopath (he probably is - i don't know enough about him) but he wiped her out and her mother too. he drives around in a huge hideously expensive truck that's in her name that he's not making payments on (which are something like $500 a month). he lies his way into jobs that he only keeps for a couple of months at a time. he pretends he's an engineer. not sure how you can fake your way into that but he does!

Yep., sounds all too familiar. He used to work at jobs for 2 weeks tops. Pretended to know how to weld, install home security systems (scary, I know!), among other things. Then I guess he decided it was easier to con people out of money instead of working. Always seems to be able to con his way out of it too, con his lawyer, con the judge. Its so ridiculous.... and I cant really understand how he does it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Most people in high places are one, it's part of the requirement.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

well in relation to the 4 people i know who ARE psychopaths (want to kill and injure people)
they dont drink or take drugs to think that way they seem to be programmed that way
(if anything there substance mis-use is repressing their sadistic urges)

i am fortunatly not a psychopath as i know hurting people is wrong and derive no pleasure from it
unlike my four friends (well 3 arent now since they jerks)

and no i wasnt abused as a child i just fell in with wrong crowd/grew up in ghetto and lost my dad aged 5 making me crave attention and led to substance/alcohol abuse... or do you mean the guys i spoke of cuz they probly all suffered some sort of abuse/maltreatment to make them pure the sadists they are

the one who stabbed a few people will make national news one day as he is a ticking time bomb and shows no remorse for his actions at all and anyone who questions him over his "attacks" gets a worse attack than his previous victim did
for instance...
he stabbed one of my close friends in the face
i tried to grab knife..
he stabs me in shoulder and slices my ear so its hanging off..

another one was he took a crutch from a guy whos leg he broke...
and beat his girlfriend up with it because she looked at him

and finally he intimidated a witness who he stabbed by threatening him with his katana (samurai sword)
he didnt testify to original stabbing...
or the stabbing he got when he hinted at standing up in court for original stabbing...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
My ex sister inlaw is a psychopath. She is now a police officer in my home town . A perfect job for her to use
her personality to control and intimidate people. She told my mother once she would pull people over for fun
even if they did no wrong just to scare and intimidate them, keeping them on the side of the road for hours
pretending to run background checks in an almost sick and torturing way, then making up some vague warning about how she would be watching them to make sure they were compliant ,all the while having a good chuckle
about it like it was a game.Really sick stuff. She once said as a police officer its not their job to kiss the public's
ass just to keep them in line.
I'm glad my brother and her split. I don't know what he was thinking.I never liked her.
She has avoided me for twenty years because she knows I was immune to her intimidation and I could see through
her games.She never scared me, she was afraid of me because I could see her for what she was.A weak minded
person who is afraid of equality, she could never do well in any social setting because unless she was the center of attention or in charge she could not function.Sad really.
Anyway's I could go on for hours but I'll end it here.Interesting thread.Heres a link to a good read about how people like that seem to be running our world right now and why we as a society allow this small minority to rule over us. Just because we allow psychopath's to take control of us doesn't mean they know what they are doing.
They get into positions of power then realize they don't know what they are doing and make decisions based on their personalities.This is why the world is in the mess it is now.

www.redicecreations.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Obelisk67

thanks for your story. i think there are probably quite a few psychopathic cops. i had an encounter with one that was sort of like what you describe. i was speeding and he was REALLY inappropriate. looking in my car and making comments about my DL photo and my being attractive. not cool. he even made me roll up my windows to see if the tint was legal (dealership tint). i wound up getting a speeding ticket and a ticket for my lisense plate holder. it was over $300. he was very entertained by the whole thing.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join