It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you ever known a psychopath?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
i'd like to hear some other experiences with psychopaths. i'm not talking about people who are just mean.... but people who have no conscience. they fake emotion to fool people and have no other mission than self "pleasure". they aren't all killers. some never physically harm anyone. many do.

have you known one? are you one? (since this site is essentially anonymous i figure it can't hurt to ask - some like to boast about it). were you married to or were you in a relationship with one?

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Never met one but my wife married one...

Wait...What?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

but are you joking

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Sociopathic then I'd have to say yes. Psychopath not so much.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Everyone alive knows or has been managed, taught by or punished by people with Psychopathic Tendicies.

The behavior is rewarded, given honors meddles, peace prizes and multi million pound bonuses and praised by society.

24/7 MSM and hollywood and TV indoctrinate and make hero's of such people.

I feel your Op would be better worded as "Is there anyone who has not been affected by an Psychopath/Sociopath"

They don't get locked up but bully their way emotionally and sometimes physically certainly mentally to the top.

Unfortunately the truth, and it is very apparent on ATS as well by some.

Kind Regards,

Elf

Edit to add lol thanks for the laugh Jude
just saw the post.
edit on 10-1-2012 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Sociopathic then I'd have to say yes. Psychopath not so much.

same here, my dad, in my case.

other than having obtained a "Psycho-Sense" along with a unique and special insight into the mentality of TCOTBIP as a result; i really don't want to be sharing any anecdotes, not to mention the possible T&C violations inherent.

off topic: are you aware that your username is that of a mythical Minoan queen who was so into a certain white bull [or rather the bull was into her] that she gave birth to the Minotaur?
edit on 10-1-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
There was a psychopath in my neighborhood when I grew up. One time we(the neighborhood kids) witnessed this kid pick up a frog...throw it up in the air and hit it with a tennis racket which resulted in it smashing against a tree and falling to the ground. While we were still in shock and before we could react he grabbed another frog and smashed it between a boulder and the tennis racket until it...you know where I'm going(he gained a lot of pleasure out of watching the frog suffer and then watching our reactions of horror). We of course stopped him from grabbing anymore frogs(on that occasion) and told our parents. There were A LOT of disturbing examples from him all of which strongly indicated he was psychotic(more so than the frog one). His parents were multimillionaires and they were the wealthiest family on the block, somehow he weaseled his way out of every horrible event and is probably now doing more adult-like sadism somewhere.

He had a very charismatic personality and knew how to lie to people successfully by interacting with vulnerabilities in them that he was able to discover within minutes of talking to them. There were times when even those who had witnessed his horrific nature first hand would later fall under his spell. They would then end up defending him and doing his bidding until they shook out of it at which point they explained how they couldn't stop the manipulation from happening as it was so strong and convincing.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I just caused my boss to get fired because he was one. A perfect example of the type of person who becomes a politician.

He had somehow grafted his way into a job way above his ability, experience or skill level. I was wondering how he had gotten into that position, figuring he had some kind of blackmail on somebody or something like that. He was that kind of scumbag.

Turns out he was embezzling money, ripping all of us off in a bunch of different ways. Once it started becoming evident, myself and my buddy, who between us made up over half of all production, quit in an uproar. We threatened lawsuits, etc. over the missing money. And pointed out that we were producing 60 percent of all the money, more than everyone else put together. Oh, and eighty percent of that was ME.

After checking the books, they busted him for stealing somewhere in the neighborhood of fifty grand over the last month alone. And this had been going on for months.

All he got was fired. He should be in jail for it. I would like to personally break his legs, but I can't do that. I mean, I could, but then I would get busted. So he just gets off, keeps the money, and we are all screwed. Great. Like a miniature Bernie Madoff. And certain things he had done are going to start coming back to bite us in the a$$ now that it's a new year.

The amount he stole from me personally is a lot, but barely worth trying to pursue the kind of lawsuit that might someday get me the money back. We are in Mexico, it's harder to deal with, and if he leaves the country they are not gonna chase him over my measly ten grand. We'd have to do some kind of class action lawsuit with twelve people, and the only ones to come out on top of that are the lawyers. So I'm basically screwed.

Imagine this guy times one hundred billion. There you've got your politicians. The $hit always rises to the top.
edit on 10-1-2012 by CaptChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
reply to post by jude11

but are you joking

What would a psychopath say?

Trust me...Or not...

hmmmm...sounds like I should be in politics.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Yes, I work with one. Not the movie kind but the true definition kind.
The checklist on Wikipedia is how I found out why the person I work with is so different than everyone else in the office. Once I started seeing a pattern of these traits I could finally tell myself that they had a real personality disorder.

Traits
Hare Psychopathy Checklist
Factor 1
Aggressive narcissism

Glibness/superficial charm
Grandiose sense of self-worth
Pathological lying
Cunning/manipulative
Lack of remorse or guilt
Emotionally shallow
Callous/lack of empathy
Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

Factor 2
Socially deviant lifestyle

Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
Parasitic lifestyle
Poor behavioral control
Promiscuous sexual behavior
Lack of realistic, long-term goals
Impulsiveness
Irresponsibility
Juvenile delinquency
Early behavioral problems
Revocation of conditional release
Many short-term marital relationships
Criminal versatility
Reference

~Morpheus

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Sounds like a cool guy. I guess thats how they become so successful. The ruthlessness, probably a high IQ as well.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

would that kid have been a former POSUS?

If we believe the psychiatrists, a sign of a future serial killer is a child who delights in torturing and killing animals. George W., as a child, did exactly that. In a May 21, 2000, New York Times' puff piece about the values Bush gained growing up in Midland, Texas, Nicholas D. Kristof quoted Bush's childhood friend Terry Throckmorton: "'We were terrible to animals,' recalled Mr. Throckmorton, laughing. A dip behind the Bush home turned into a small lake after a good rain, and thousands of frogs would come out. 'Everybody would get BB guns and shoot them,' Mr. Throckmorton said. 'Or we'd put firecrackers in the frogs and throw them and blow them up.'"

On Sept. 12, 2000, Baltimore Sun reporter Miriam Miedzian wrote, "So when he was a kid, George W. enjoyed putting firecrackers into frogs, throwing them in the air, and then watching them blow up. Should this be cause for alarm? How relevant is a man's childhood behavior to what he is like as an adult? And in this case, to what he would be like as president of the United States."
georgewalkerbush.net...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
when i was about 14 i was supposed to be stopping at a friends house and we got drunk and ended up fighting so after that i set off walking home.and decided to take a short cut over a pitch black huge field.and this guy came darting out of nowhere with a huge knife saying their you are you little b*stard and started screaming at me. i never ran so fast in my life luckily i dusted him but.i crapped myself.

and 3 days after that a woman was raped at knife point close by.god knows what is intentions was with me just glad i escaped.
edit on 10-1-2012 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I would like to point out that, as a kid, frogs played an important part in lots of things.

Every rocket powered experimental model boat, plane, car, ALWAYS had a frog as test pilot. Often there were M80s involved, too, usually ending up in frog guts all over the place.

So I guess I'm a psycho. Sorry, but I don't think I am. There was one psycho kid in our neighborhood, I'm sure he turned out to be some kind of rapist or serial killer. You could tell from a very young age. Killing cats and stuff.

But the rest of us were blowing up some frogs. Like, all the time. BB guns were even involved. M80s. Rocket engines. You know, kid stuff.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

haha I dont think thats what the OP was referring to. That man was most likely a sex offender.
edit on 10-1-2012 by unknown known because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by unknown known

lol i just added more onto it i think he was

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
I would like to point out that, as a kid, frogs played an important part in lots of things.

Every rocket powered experimental model boat, plane, car, ALWAYS had a frog as test pilot. Often there were M80s involved, too, usually ending up in frog guts all over the place.

So I guess I'm a psycho. Sorry, but I don't think I am. There was one psycho kid in our neighborhood, I'm sure he turned out to be some kind of rapist or serial killer. You could tell from a very young age. Killing cats and stuff.

But the rest of us were blowing up some frogs. Like, all the time. BB guns were even involved. M80s. Rocket engines. You know, kid stuff.

Did you witness any of them smash one through a tennis racket's threads as slow as possible so each individual square bubbled up as slowly as possible until many squares split open and eventually the animal died all the while enjoying fellow children's stunned reaction? Then witness him successfully lie about it? Or maybe you witnessed them get a joy out of "accidentally" slamming another child's hand in an oak door frame over and over again as if he couldn't hear the kid screaming and he thought there was some other obstruction stopping the door from closing.

I'm not talking about kids playing Lost in Space using frogs as the astronauts flying though the air. This is the only psychopath I've ever met...as I clarified in my first post that was just one example which was actually mild compared to other examples which involved making people suffer...which I won't go into. Not all threads/posts need to be debunked...sometimes someone just asks for an example of someone experiencing something and the people answer with their experiences. FFS...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

i know but many people don't realize they've ever been in contact with one. i'm asking about people who KNOW they've know or been involved with one.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
i wasn't expecting so many responses so quick! i'm going to read them all now. thanks!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

My aunt is a psychopath. She was always a manipulative emotionless person. She was terrible to her children and had them taken away twice. She went "normal" for a little while then all hell broke lose. She killed my baby cousin, she threw him in the furnace in a fit of jealousy that my uncle payed more attention to the baby than to her. That is a Psychopath.
edit on 10-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: rip joshy boy

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join