It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a 25yr old White Male in UK, and I have been diagnosed with HIV :(

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Closed for staff review...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!

This thread is being reopened.

However, any posts that are rude, ill-mannered, off topic, trollish or otherwise against the T&C will be removed...with the very real possibility of a Posting Ban applied.
This is a one-time only warning.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

You are responsible for your own posts.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I suppose you are right to some extent, your disease is "man made" I dont believe there is any conspiracy here.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by benjamin2012

I do have some questions. Was it your promiscuous lifestyle that led you to be fallen with Aids? Drugs included?
If so, why should it be the responsibility of the Citizenry to pay for your behavior? Do as you please with responsibility, after that, your on your own..IMO. If it was attained from a blood transfusion or inadvertently, then you should have some recourse. Even from a third party with denying you that knowledge. Good luck with that, unless they have some cash.
God Bless and best Wishes.
edit on 1/5/2012 by mugger because: sp.

I can understand asking if you think it should be the responsibility of the Citizenry to pay for someone's risky behavior, but then I have to ask this: Do YOU think it should be the responsibility of the citizenry to pay for diabetes treatments, cardio-pulmonary treatments, injuries, etc., related to obesity, caused by people willingly engaging in the risky behavior of eating crappy food? Should it be the responsibility of the citizenry to pay for cancer treatments for those who choose to work in around carcinogens, or eat foods with preservatives, etc.?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by benjamin2012
Now the reason I am posting all this on ATS is, I believe HIV/Aids is a man made virus. I think it was either a weapon the government have produced to kill mass populations, or is part of the global population control conspiracy, or was produced by the medication industry to keep feeding their profits from the pills they have to make.

You have the choice, die in agony and giving up on a fight that was fixed from the beginning, or you can take up arms, learn cures that are suppressed for the sake of paper, and fight for something that was stolen from you from the beginning, your freedom.

Your choice dude, die or fight.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
i have to agree with you regarding the man made aspect of hiv/aids, but the point i would like to make is about supression of drugs, the FDA have supressed Stanislav Burzynski's cancer cure since the 80's. the reason being is that the current cancer treatment industry is a multi billion dollar industry that would become obsolete if Burzynski could get his drugs FDA approved (it costs roughly $25 million to trial a cancer drug, most companies get grants from cancer charities but not burzynski he had to raise this himself). i hope that you fully recover soon, my father is currently recovering from cancer of the aesophagus and currently fighting a tumour in his stomach. don't give up!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hmm where should I start. Let me first state that I am quite familiar with the disease and have read about it quite extensively. When I was 15 I found out my mother was under treatment for methadone because of a program that I seen on MTV speaking about it. It shocked me because I grew up all my life around watching my mother drink the orange stuff before she took a nap.

I confronted her the next following day and she look me straight in the eyes and at first tried to deny it. When she seen that I knew the game was up she fessed up that both her and my father were at one point junkies. My father quit cold turkey and she chose to go the methadone route. She also dropped another bombshell on me. She asked me if I ever wondered why her, my father and my brother were always in and out of the hospital with appointments and her and my brother would get sick a lot. I shrugged, thought it was bad luck. She confessed that my brother (who was 8 at the time) my father and herself were HIV+ and that I was clean (this was 1994) because I was born before she contacted the disease.

My whole world changed from that point on and both my parents passed away two years latter out of complications of AIDS. I struggled with this obviously which is normal. My brother and mother were on AZT (which is a cancer drug used at that time for HIV treatment) and were always sick. My father was generally healthy, up until he had a neurotic episode and was prescribed valium and lithium. They also prescribed him AZT which he started taking from that point on.

Soon after that point he started getting seizures and lesions and went from HIV+ to full blown in about 1 year. My brother had weird blood immune system problems where his platelets would attack his organs at time and wouldn't clot cuts and nose bleeds like they should. My mother was chronically depressed and suffered health problems herself.

After my parents died, I read about AZT a bit (internet was really lacking back then) and was shocked to learn that is was basically poison. The side effects of AZT where the exact symptoms of AIDS itself. Once my brother came off of it he slightly improved (didn't have the platelet problem anymore), but was put on other medications which had their own side effects. It wasn't until my brother was 23 and under new medication that he is basically undetectable and healthy human being (exception being the damage caused to his liver and kidney an such from chronic pill taking).

Point of this post was to point out that watch what you take in your body and if you are on medications and you seem to get worse, research and research more. I do not believe that AIDS doesn't exist and is simply caused by the drugs themselves. That is not what I am saying. Sure there are many cases where there are false positives (especially in Africa, where patients with Malaria get miss diagnosed because of the methods (factors) they use to detect the virus). But I would not take the chance of getting confirmed status (if you are diagnosed HIV+ get yourself checked at least three times by different sources) and not taking antiviral medication on the possibility that it's some sort of Hoax.

One thing I am pretty sure of (maybe because of my nature in general) is that AIDS is government created. It is perfect for population control not because it kills (and it has) but rather because of the fear of contracting it which causes people to use condoms and condoms prevent pregnancy. It also encourages less promiscuous behavior. The reason Gay males got it in the beginning was because of the trial vaccines given to them in 78' for hepatitis (c i believe) in San Fran, New York and Chicago (other cities as well). TPTB knew very well that it was transferred by fluid to fluid contamination and knew it would be a matter of time before it spread to IV users, and people that needed transfusions (such as hemophiliacs *sp?).

Who has benefited from it? Look at Africa (population control and having easy access into their affairs, look at the pharmaceutical industry, look at the medical funding the list goes on and on and in almost every case the ones that benefited were the ones that hold real power. It fits perfectly with their agenda.

BTW OP, keep your head up their are many ways to look at it and believe it or not there are suppressed possible cures. If you prefer to just live with it I would like to note that my brother is one of the oldest surviving members. He was born with it and is 26 years old and going strong. His human spirit will not be brought down and he has willed himself past what would have killed most long ago.

edit on 6-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I am certain that the pharma industrie is more interested in live long therapies than in real cures. May it be autoimmune diseases , cancer, and HIV. (just check the brain tumor patent History). So the idea that terrible diseases might be forged by scientists is not to far off when everything is about profit.

Nevertheless you should take your medicine, with the new therapies your Life expectancy wont drop to much.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

As a San Francisco resident, if I ever run into you, I would like to shake your hand and say, thank you. Very wise words. Beautiful sentiment and one that I wish were more prevalent.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Possible cure for HIV
edit on 6-1-2012 by Rasho69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Expecting them to take responsibility for their behavior is not demonizing them. What fuels outbreaks of STDs is this "if it feels good, do it" mentality that far too many people have, as evidenced by this thread. What also fuels reckless disease-spreading is telling people that they have no responsibility for their health.

It wasnt too long ago that the deluded religious idiots had claimed AIDS and homosexuality were inseparable.

I didn't even say anything about homosexuality. I've only alluded to recklessness and lack of responsibility.

All of this happens for a reason... none of which has anythign to do with a magical bearded idiot in the sky.

The reason all of this happens is due to reckless and adolescent behavior...none of which has anything to do with an evil master plan concocted by Big Brother.

Because this person did NOT mention how he contracted the disease, it is, to say the least, presumptuous on your behalf to say that it was behavior.

CAN YOU FACTUALLY SAY:

*It was behavioral
*It wasn't from a blood transfusion?
*It was inherited mother to child?

He DIDN'T say, therefore, you can neither presume nor allude because all you are doing is encouraging the continued ignorance and disparaging of people who for ANY reason are infected.

As I age with this disease, I am meeting more and more CHILDREN 10, 12, 15 years of age that were born with it. What fault have they?

So, maybe having ALL the facts would be better.

BUT.... LET'S SAY YOU ARE RIGHT,

LET'S ASSUME IT WAS BEHAVIORAL...

If so, and he was irresponsible, let us NOT forget that when it IS behavioral (in this case assuming sexual) there is ALWAYS another party involved who is EQUALLY as responsible but only IF that party did NOT DISCLOSE FULLY AND HONESTLY. IT TAKES TWO TO BECOME SEXUALLY INFECTED.

Because the issue at hand in reality is the SANCTITY OF LIFE and NOT, in fact, where HIV came from as the OP inquired, speaking for myself, all other points are mute. WHO CARES WHO CREATED IT, WHERE IT CAME FROM or IF there is cure.

What matters is that ALL LIFE is important and has value. Giving up is not the answer and condemning another only shows one's true colors.

(With honest respect to atheists, please note that I am not picking on you nor alienating you as I am sure you have valid arguments to fight this disease as well So this comment is directed at those that do believe in a Supreme Creator, how does that attitude make you an example of creation? Except to prove that you were a mistake?)

Atheists may not believe in God but many are very fine and good people and probably would not want to become infected with this or feel to good for someone that has it. So, I am asking atheists to please understand that my "spiritual" comment was not meant to antagonize them but to antagonize that that DO claim to believe.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

Wow, so many people in this thread alone, have HIV. Which is good for the OP, he has a strong vast support network.

But, looking forward, why aren't the new infections stopping?

None of us here got it from our mother, right?

Somewhere, someone is voluntarily contracting HIV every....

6 SECONDS!

Indeed an excellent question! One whose answer is: the reasons new infections aren't stopping are as varied as the people contracting them.

Behavioral can be controlled (by the individual)
Genetic (which is increasing) though controllable by the conceive-r is no fault of the conceived.
Accidental: in the case of an error during a blood transfusion.

In any case, arguing about it solves nothing. How to deal with it does.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
i]reply to post by benjamin2012

This is what's so wrong with being gay, you knew the risks you brought this disease on your self. Being gay is unnatural dangerous and there's some things only a mother can give a child. This is my opinion and I have every right to express my opinion on this forum. Now about your situation, I will tell you what I think.

You also made an unwise decesion accepting, chemotherapy, all that does is destroy your immune system, so don't be surprised if your HIV turns into full blown aids at a later stage due to the infection mutating and spreading due to a weakened immune system, if you decide to do nothing to help your self this could very well be the case.

I just find it too hard to believe with all the money and research gone into finding a cure or vaccine that we are still no closer to finding one.

Do you honestly believe they use that money to fund research for a cure? Of course not, if they did that big pharma would lose millions of dollars. They make money off sick people accepting dangerous drugs like chemo ect... There are also plenty of cures for HIV and cancer but you won't find them in conventional medicine. Look at natural alternative medicine there holds the key to you ridding yourself of this disease, but just remember if you get cured using natural medicine there is always a chance you will re-infect yourself if you decide to continue living this life style. You need to make some very big choices in your life, its ether that or give up.
edit on 6-1-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Being gay has nothing to do with it, straight people get aids too. Not to mention he doesn't even know how he contracted it, but of course the minute someone hears "gay" they automatically blame it on promiscuous behaviour. Ok granted most gay people are just blithly promiscuous, but some still believe in pair bonding and staying monogamous. Not many but some. I hate your bigoted label, I thought the mods (seeing how bloody censor happy they are with lesser offenses I've noticed) were watching what people said on this forum. Sir, I don't give a crap if you think your opinion is allowed or not, what you are promoting is bias and has a hateful tone to it. You don't even know what it is you really hate about it.... is it the gay part, or is it the promiscuity part, or both? Probably both in your books, because you are a bigoted fool and I await the mods to slap you in line. Personally I'd rather have unmoderated so that uninformed homophobes such as yourself get schooled by the crowd in not such a polite way, unfortunately here on ATS you can't do that, so, enjoy the just desserts I think you are instore for. It'd be nice to see that piece of caveman-level-intelligence drivel you posted removed. And keep posting I'd like to see yet another trashy bigot waste their time trying to teach others how to be unintelligent, learn in false generalizations which further promote the gay community to become like those generalizations in order to identify themselves -- because it really is sad that many gay folk think sleeping around is what men are supposed to do and to fit in that's what to do, and that "love" is only for story books (well it may as well be with how well the establishment is faring at destroying families of any sort). If you hadn't noticed the whole of society suffers from the same disease as well, the only reason why it spreads a little faster in the gay community is because indeed expressing same sex love is a little riskier. Otherwise straight people would be getting it just as bad (because straight folk are highly promiscuous as well, can barely maintain their marriages, and think people are just as disposable). If you are religious you can argue that pre-marital sex is risky behaviour (it is you know!), but then, most people would like to try the whole package before they buy into it. I really doubt you are any better unless if you never got laid as a kid and gave yourself hand jobs all the time instead. Or perhaps you had low testosterone levels and didn't have any need for sex? Perhaps you have a normal sized johnson and can afford the regular condoms that the bigger guys can't (ever see the price of magnums?). Somehow I doubt you are half as innocent as you claim, and besides:
If risks were outlawed would life be anything but boring?

Oh and if you wear a condom, just bear in mind condoms break. You stand a chance of catching it too unless you are a virgin or married a monogamous virgin whom is implicitly trustworthy. Otherwise according to your theory, if you caught it, then you'd totally deserve it for taking the risk!

What if you were dirt biking, hurt yourself, then required a transfusion, and caught it, is that still your fault for having taken the risk that required the transfusion or is it now the system's fault (or the doctor's fault)? This blame game is stupid and your opinion sir, is just plain stupid as well.

oh and about that unnatural argument:

seriously when are you bigots going to sprout a rational brain and pay attention to what has been observed and studied by people regarding how nature is. Even recorded on video if you go looking for it. Looks like even nature doesn't do what is always natural either.
edit on 6-1-2012 by TheLastStand because: video fixed

edit on 6-1-2012 by TheLastStand because: added another vid

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Raise your ph level to 7.5 for a few weeks then do a week at ph 8...if you use sodium bicarb and apple cider vinegar..you might have a nice surprise when you have a recheck on your status.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonentity

Raise your ph level to 7.5 for a few weeks then do a week at ph 8...if you use sodium bicarb and apple cider vinegar..you might have a nice surprise when you have a recheck on your status.

I wonder, if someone did this, then slept with a bunch of people without a condom, couldn't they blame it on the recheck or two following that they managed to mask their disease for?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join