It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a 25yr old White Male in UK, and I have been diagnosed with HIV :(

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
mods: Please move the post if I have put it in the wrong area, thanks

Hi Everyone!

I have been on ATS for a while now but this is my first post so bear with me

The title really explains alot but here goes...

I will give you some background info on me, I am 25, white gay male, living in the UK. I am not into the gay scene and live in a medium sized town with a small, almost non existent gay community. I have not had many sexual partners in my life, less than 10 to be honest.

3 years ago I started to become ill, gradually getting worse and worse, I was having violent night sweats, lost lots of weight, I am 6ft 4 and my weight plummetted to 8stone, I was being sick and felt really tired all the time, I would shake uncontrollably and my work mates were really worried about me so they forced me to go to the doctors for a check up as I was being stubborn and was in denial about being ill!

I saw the local GP and he immediately sent me to the hospital for urgent tests, these included everything from blood tests to ct scans and I also had a biopsy on my lymph nodes in my neck.

They diagnosed me as HIV positive. I was distraught and thought my life was over. I had a few close friends which I confided in but couldn't face telling most of my friends and family, partly as I was trying to deny to myself what they had told me and also I was embarressed and ashamed that I had the disease. I went through various emotions, shock, anger, upset, paranoid and mainly scared. Even with the diagnosis the doctors still kept me in as I obviously had something majorly wrong with me too.

I had been in hospital undergoing test after test for 6 weeks when they finally found out that I had Hodgkins Lymphoma which was in the latest stage of the cancer and wasn't looking promising for me.

I was distraught, but as I was very ill I was hallucinating due to my high body temperature and also due to shock.

I started a 6 month course of ABVD chemotherapy which thankfully cleared me of the cancer. I was able to leave the hospital, but I had to move back in with my parents as I had to give up my flat as I was in hospital such a long time so couldnt pay any rent etc.

After the worst year of my life I feel I am finally getting my life back again, I have my own place and a good steady job. My health is not too bad considering my past.

I have stopped taking the medication they gave me for the HIV as I believe it was making my health worst with the side effects being quite nasty from the drugs I had to take everyday.

I have decided that if I am going to die, then so be it. I am ready and at peace with myself and am no longer scared of dying. To be honest I think about it everyday and am quite excited at the fact of leaving this awful world and society we live in lol

Now the reason I am posting all this on ATS is, I believe HIV/Aids is a man made virus. I think it was either a weapon the government have produced to kill mass populations, or is part of the global population control conspiracy, or was produced by the medication industry to keep feeding their profits from the pills they have to make.

I just find it too hard to believe with all the money and research gone into finding a cure or vaccine that we are still no closer to finding one.

Comments and questions are all welcome

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
you fail to mention how you became infected? if through sex you seem not to be worried about if you have passed it on!
edit on 5-1-2012 by Schwalbe because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have to say this is the worst place in the world to post this story,Religious homophobic aggressors will jump on this in no time.

Glad things are looking up for you though.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by benjamin2012

Have you been tested again?

I have heard of many false positives, and yes the meds are bad news from what I hear. May I ask how you feel lately? Perhaps it was a false positive and it was the cancer making you sick.

I hope my questions don't sound ignorant, I'm genuinely concerned.

Peace, and good luck.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I'm very sorry to read this about you my friend, but you are absolutely right, AIDS is man made in my opinion.

It warms my heart to hear that you are ready to cast away your body, knowing the truth of the nature of the soul and its immortality.

The best i got for you buddy is, look on the bright side, your in the UK! when it gets at its worst they'll prescribe you heroin.

Hang in there

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Man... You have had one rough year.

Its hard to determine if it is a manmade virus as it really is a composite of various other viruses to create it. Every virus mutates, it is the only defence mechanism it has to survive. Sooner or later it will mutate more, and if I'm correct, there was a concern about 4 years ago that because it originated from the same corner of the world it would merge with the ebola virus (not a nice thought).

Anyway... Hope you remain well and take care.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
You have done well to get back to some form of normality after what you have been through. Cancer after HIV is a tough road to have walked. I hope your health continues to improve.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
My uncle was diagnosed with HIV in the late 80's the Doctors gave him less then 5 years to live, he died last year..
But he lasted so long because of the drugs they gave him. He took part in many trials and such.
Do more research about the drugs before you stop taking them, they prolonged my Uncles life so they could prolong yours.
www.avert.org...

Good luck fella with the future take care.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Do you have HIV or AIDS? HIV itself shouldn't make you ill. It's when you have AIDS that's when the problem starts.
edit on 5-1-2012 by blackrain17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Haven't you read any of the article telling us that HIV/Aids is a Hoax; that the so-called HIV "virus" does absolutely nothing. That the fact that you have the so-called HIV Antibodies in your blood already says that your immune system has conquered it.
You were correct to give up the so-called Aids medications. If it was AZT, it will/would have killed you. It is deadly stuff.
The lymphoma was another matter. Glad you got rid of it.
Do some research and keep yourself healthy.
It is important to keep your body Alkaline. Look up the book "Alkalize or Die". It has some good advice.
If you need underarm deodorant, your body is Acid, and that is bad.
You can take 1/2 to 1 tsp of baking soda in water to be on the way to an alkaline body.
Do it on an empty stomach at least an hour before you eat, as your stomach needs the acid to digest your food.
Good luck.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I am very sorry to hear you have aids,I remember once when I was certain I had been infected i was in a night club dancing away and I felt something jab in my leg,and the next day when I looked at my leg there was a red dot where something had pierced my skin.i went straight to the clinic for blood tests and those 2 weeks of waiting for the results was nerve wrecking luckily i got the all clear,but for that short time i really thought i had aids,and did nothing but drink bottles vodka for 2 weeks non stop.it scared the crap out of me

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Schwalbe

You couldn't be more wrong, I attempted suicide several times when I was diagnosed as I couldnt live with the thought of infecting somebody else and making them ill. All of my previous partners were informed and had tests so I thankfully didn't infect anybody else.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm sorry you have been through so much. I wonder if it is wise to stop taking any meds without talking to your doctor. Maybe the dose could be lowered and the side effects lessened.

edit on 5-1-2012 by isitjustme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
That's a heavy story man. It's got to be just nerve-wracking having something like that happen to you, and cancer to boot! My mom had Hodgekins and I remember it was hell for her, she's recovered since then, but those were difficult times, I can sympathize. It's good to hear you are doing better though. I agree with the other poster (forget the name), if you are really feeling better, it might well be a false positive, I'd get it checked out. However, I must say I admire your attitude about it, and the way you have found peace with it. Good luck to you!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Hi benjamin - as far as a cure, there have actually been some very cool advancements over the last year or so, so stick with it and keep up on science news.

Cheers for being able to speak up openly on this, and I will say stop any bad habits you have that might impair your health, start eating very healthy, and do whatever you can to boost your immune system - I'm not by any means a doctor or expert, but the scientist who discovered HIV is on video as saying people can be exposed to the virus multiple times and fight it off with a healthy immune system.

Live wisely, stay strong & aware, and be blessed. As far as the conspiracy aspects...there is definitely some interesting information out there, that I'm not too well versed on offhand.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis but you're upbeat with a positive attitude and this is a great example to set for those who worry about monetary gain and materialistic selfish issues.

S+F

Peace be with you Brother

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Please don't take any notice of us lot though we are not Health professionals in the field talk to your Doctors and visit forums with people who are living with HIV, they will be the best people to talk to.

Some forums

www.hortilad.co.uk...

www.hortilad.co.uk...

Once again I wish you well dude

edit on 5-1-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I think it would be a great idea to get yourself tested again just to
make sure.You were sick with that cancer and it may have given
a wrong test result.
If it should be positive just try and live your life the best you can.I
think you should keep the results to yourself and trusted friends and
family.There is a stigma attached to aids victims and some people
will think you are getting what you deserve.
I believe the aids virus was manmade as well.I will keep you in my
prayers.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You might be interested in this video...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join