It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a 25yr old White Male in UK, and I have been diagnosed with HIV :(

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by three1zero

This should not be asked.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Originally posted by benjamin2012
If I could turn back time I would, but I am in this situation now and have to deal with it, I have also paid taxes all my life so why should I not reap the benefits of free healthcare?

Personally I don't think this is the place to be questioning how you contracted it. And if we are going to start querying the cost of treatment on the basis of risk behaviour, we would have to include sports people, travellers etc. Heck let's throw car drivers into the mix as well! But I had to laugh at this bit. OP this is the sort of comment you hear from old people like me - you are only 25!

LOL, I do feel quite old for my age though!

And I work out if I have been working full time since I was 16 at an average wage of £12,000 a year, until I was 23 when I became ill

7 years @ £12,000 = £84,000

say the government tax me approx. 20% of that

minus 20% (£16,800)

= £16,800 towards the cost of the healthcare I recieved

which is a healthy sum of cash

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by benjamin2012

I do not know if I could adopt this view. I would be angry for a long time towards the person that infected me. But then again, I would be more angry at myself for letting myself get infected. I commend you for your outlook here.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Dude you don't need to justify that you pay your tax etc, even if you did not earn a bean I for one am happy the NHS will treat you.
You are a human being who needs a little care. That is what the NHS is about it is not about looking at who pays the most tax= better care etc.
Take care dude BM

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Ever heard of safe sex or a condom? You get no symphathy here. The UK has done enough to make ppl aware of the dangers of unprotected sex ignore them at your peril.

One of your ex partners obviously had the disease and 2 things are apparent here, you either need to tell him he has aids as he didnt know or he did know and didnt tell you in which case you need to report him to the police. It is possible you yourself may have infected others as AIDS takes a long time to do it is work

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by minor007

Maybe you should have read through the thread before you posted your comment. Benjamin did go on to explain more.....benjamin, i wish you much luck with your future & i'm sorry you have to live with this disease....heres hoping you have a long & happy life

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I agree,promiscuois Gay men just make the stereotype bed hopping image even stronger.

Most Gay men meet a partner and settle down and live quite normaly.
edit on 5-1-2012 by paperface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Hiya Benjamin. I am sorry to hear about all your health problems and your HIV+ diagnosis.

I have done a lot of voluntary work within this area. Have you been in touch with any support groups/self help groups etc where you live?

Here in Glasgow there is BODY POSITIVE, PHACE WEST, and Men's Health. You would probably already know what is available in your area through your Consultant/the hospital, or local GUM Clinic.

Sometimes there are one off counselling sessions, Massage and other therapies,advice and other members who have come through the psychological pain and anger.

Most of these groups consist mainly of Gay men and drug users, so, I do know that sometimes non drug users are put off from going along for support.

Ignore the haters and trolls here. There are sad farts everywhere..

Feel free to U2U me if you ever need to talk. M27 X

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by paperface

Heck everyone can bed hop, I did it when I was younger and once or twice I forgot the condom, I knew the risk's but my little man was speaking louder than my brain. I had more chance of contracting HIV then the OP did and Iam straight.
Pfft the lack of human empathy worries me sometimes.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I disagree, The UK HIV awareness is dire.

What made you so bitter? LOL.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

You are on the right path. AIDS drugs don't work. The AIDS test itself is a failed protocol. The sample tests are diluted hundreds of times in ordered to trigger any detectable antibodies. The only virus in the history of humanity to allow somebody to have the antibodies and then radically die and get ill 5 years later is AIDS.

It's a fake virus invented by Dr. Robert Gallo. He made millions created an highly inaccurate testing kit. Then the drug companies began creating protease inhibitors and radically toxic drugs.

The fact that you supposedly have aids and survived chemo is nothing short of a living miracle. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Good job not taking the AIDS drugs...Side effects of eating healthy and exercises right are feeling good and being healthy. I'm willing to wager that you could go on a radical healthy lifestyle change and in the course of three months test negative for the virus.

Don't go back to the same medical facility. Find a private anonymous clinic...unless of course you are now registered in the database and deemed "AIDS forever"

Relax...the AIDs myth has been perpetuated to point of belief but that doesn't mean you have to believe it. Most people ignorantly assume that people living in Africa die of AIDS but the fact of the matter is the people of Africa are dying of preventable diseases due to lack of water and sanitation.

I'd suggest you read the very few books on the subject of aids out there. The contrary point of view paints a very disturbing trend among quality of life for those who did not take the aids cocktails.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

So does the goody goody attitude of people to my mind,Only someone who truly wants attention would post all the intimate personal details of there life on this site.

The only other one where more abuse would be given is David Ickes!

However I have not been rude,just stated some Gay men hate the sleazy type of guy who ruins lives by behaving like a sleazeball.Having your life in tatters with old rags to wear and no credit cards is not much fun really is it honey?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You get no sympathy here.

Ok then...if you get cancer....I will have no sympathy for you.
If thats your stance....then theres mine.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

You get no sympathy here.

Ok then...if you get cancer....I will have no sympathy for you.
If thats your stance....then theres mine.

Good luck.

If i should get cancer I wouldnt want anyones sympathy. Whats the point? does sympathy make the cancer go away? I would like to be treated the same way as it was before i got the cancer.
edit on 5-1-2012 by minor007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by paperface

Yes maybe he wants attention, he is scared because he has this illness.
Iam glad he has reached out for a bit of help because some of us will try and do anything we can for the fella.
We don't know who he is and he doesn't know any of us maybe that helps the guy get things off his chest so he can get on with his life.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yes, I agree. Also, someone with such a bitter, judgmental outlook has more chance of developing cancer.

The "No sympathy from me" statement was class. Benjamin never once came across as wanting sympathy, just open and honest discussion on the subject. minor007 on the other hand is looking for attention. Any kind of attention,

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

If he didnt want sympathy then why he he post his experience in a conspiracy forum? IS it a conspiracy he got aids or is it his own fault?
Theres enough help groups within the NHS for him to get all the attention he needs.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Read his OP he explained why he posted on this site.....at least read the OP.
edit on 5-1-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by minor007
reply to post by maya27

If he didnt want sympathy then why he he post his experience in a conspiracy forum? IS it a conspiracy he got aids or is it his own fault?
Theres enough help groups within the NHS for him to get all the attention he needs.

I dont know if you have noticed, but this site isnt JUST conspiracies..........

There are all sorts of forums on here.....

And i see you are a new member and thats fine, but you should probably tone down your rhetoric a bit.........

You didnt have to read this thread, and you didnt have to reply....and the op never asked ANYONE to accept anything he wrote, he didnt ask for anything.......

If you find it offensive then exercise your right to move on........

Perhaps the OP just needed to get it off his chest.......lots of people write to get things out of their head..........

We call them novelist.........

Expression is one of the great things we can do as humans.........

What right do you have to pass judgement on that?
edit on 5-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

yes i heard the same crap for the last 25 yrs it was an escaped monkey from a lab.
heres another more scientific explanation.

What type of virus is HIV? HIV is a lentivirus, and like all viruses of this type, it attacks the immune system. Lentiviruses are in turn part of a larger group of viruses known as retroviruses. The name 'lentivirus' literally means 'slow virus' because they take such a long time to produce any adverse effects in the body. They have been found in a number of different animals, including cats, sheep, horses and cattle. However, the most interesting lentivirus in terms of the investigation into the origins of HIV is the Simian Immunodeficiency Virus (SIV) that affects monkeys, which is believed to be at least 32,000 years old.1 So did HIV come from an SIV? It is now thought that HIV came from a similar virus found in chimpanzees. It is now thought that HIV came from a similar virus found in chimpanzees. It is now generally accepted that HIV is a descendant of a Simian Immunodeficiency Virus because certain strains of SIVs bear a very close resemblance to HIV-1 and HIV-2, the two types of HIV. HIV-2 for example corresponds to SIVsm, a strain of the Simian Immunodeficiency Virus found in the sooty mangabey (also known as the White-collared monkey), which is indigenous to western Africa. The more virulent, pandemic strain of HIV, namely HIV-1, was until recently more difficult to place. Until 1999, the closest counterpart that had been identified was SIVcpz, the SIV found in chimpanzees. However, this virus still had certain significant differences from HIV.

source

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join