It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Log Cabin Republicans Vote to Withhold Endorsement from President Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
First, for those who don't know:

Who we are

Log Cabin Republicans courageously stand on the front lines of today's most important battleground for gay and lesbian civil rights. We are the nation's leading voice for fairness, inclusion, and tolerance in the GOP.

Our party stands at a crossroads. The GOP must choose between fairness and freedom or intolerance and exclusion. Log Cabin works tirelessly to make sure the Republican Party chooses the right path. Ending up on the wrong side of history will cost the GOP for decades to come. So we tirelessly strive to achieve liberty and equality for all Americans.

Now:

National Board Announces Log Cabin Will Focus on Supporting Inclusive Republican Candidates for U.S. House and Senate

(Washington, DC)�Log Cabin Republicans are withholding their endorsement from President Bush for 2004. "Log Cabin's National Board has voted to withhold a Presidential endorsement and shift our financial and political resources to defeating the radical right and supporting inclusive Republican candidates for the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives," said Log Cabin Board Chairman William Brown son of Ohio. The Log Cabin Board of Directors voted 22 to 2 not to endorse the President's re-election.

Log Cabin Republicans

Miraculously, they debated for a long time whether to endorse Bush or not. Do the words "gay republican" sound strange to anyone else? I mean, the Republicans aren't exactly famous for their inclusiveness.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
. Do the words "gay republican" sound strange to anyone else? I mean, the Republicans aren't exactly famous for their inclusiveness.

A Gay Republican would be, almost by default, a Libertarian.

If we could get their vote THAT would be news that the media COULDNT ignore

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Nah, there are all types of Republicans around here. Most of us don't have a fancy sub group. Just think of the LCR's as the balancing group for the John Birch'ers.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Amuk, quit trying to poach our membership! On second thought, you can have Jerry Falwell

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Been watching this "front group" a while to see if they maintain the charade. Looks like the members have finally taken over!

The gay neocon mafia claimed to deliver over a million votes to Bush in 2000...in other words twice as many as he lost by (erm, won...whatever).

Are Badnarik's ears burning yet?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Amuk, quit trying to poach our membership! On second thought, you can have Jerry Falwell

Dont you threaten us

www.worldnetdaily.com...

The Pink Pistols have already backed Badnarik, sooner or later all the REAL republicans, you know less government, less taxes, personal freedom, etc will relize which Party REALLY stands for these.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Dont you threaten us

To bolster an already ailing membership, I humbly submit Pat Robertson to the roles of the Libertarian party; after all, if your going to include some one, it might as well be some one to "include".

Monkey Suffrage, not just for simian disenfranchisement anymore�

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

To bolster an already ailing membership, I humbly submit Pat Robertson to the roles of the Libertarian party; after all, if your going to include some one, it might as well be some one to "include".

Actualy We are the FASTEST growing Party in America, even faster than the Big two, and after four more years of Bush (which we ARE gonna Get) I think a lot of the Republican base will be ready to switch

Pat Robinson and Falwell would NEVER support our platform....... too much freedom

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Monkey Suffrage, not just for simian disenfranchisement anymore�

No way, he's your burden to bear. I am holding out hope for a Guiliani McCain defection.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys

No way, he's your burden to bear. I am holding out hope for a Guiliani McCain defection.

Bad news, for I predict Bush's October surprise will be: Attorney General John Ashcroft Rudy Giuliani!

He'd better get something, besides a 20 dollar bill taped to his forhead, for his performance at the RNC.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
You know I was also waiting on that group to voice its opinion I thought that because the views of bush when it comes to the rights of lesbian and gay they were just to fade in the background.

Actually they have come forward and make their choice public, well for them.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Bad news, for I predict Bush's October surprise will be: Attorney General John Ashcroft Rudy Giuliani!

When? How? What have you heard? Is someone actually thinking about dismissing that little "thought nazi"? Tell me more.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

When? How? What have you heard? Is someone actually thinking about dismissing that little "thought nazi"? Tell me more.

That's just the rumor that is flying around the NYC, lower east side, liberal scene. Makes sense to me!

top topics

join