It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctic Mysteries

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by freshwreckage
reply to post by KopoJon

Given...

But, I am a dumbs and could not find how to link it... But check it out for yourself on google earth... The coords are
77°30′S 106°00′E

nothing there on my version of google earth...what version are you using??? strange...google earth does not show that area, and on nasa visual earth, antartica is the only continent that you cannot view.

hmmmm.....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunshinesmile

Originally posted by quedup
reply to post by sunshinesmile

Lake Vostok is under the ice in Ant arctica. You must have misunderstood.

Admiral Birds Diary is another extremely strange story of what he saw down their and he never returned from his last expedition if my memory serves me well - just Google it - there's a whole host of strange and weird goings on down their.

There's also been a number of threads here on ATS.

Righty ho, I see! The Vostok Base belongs to the Russians but it isn't under Russia, it's under the ice down south in Antarctica? Doh! Sometimes it's hard being blonde
But, ohhh the fun you have....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I have a National Geographic Map of Antarctica that sits across from my desk at work. I have always wanted to visit one of the most remote and least populated places on Earth.

I am a skeptical believer and Antarctica is one place for me bound in mysteries and could also hold keys to our past and possibly even past civilizations (possibly not human but terran). But being a skeptic I want more proof! The mascon anomaly could be from an impact crater which would be an iron rich meteor. But then again maybe it is a crash site, my mind is open to this possibility any skeptic that does not keep an open mind is as bad as true believer. They do more harm by believing there is no possible cover-ups or unexplainable phenomenon.

If this is a crash site, you had better believe they would keep this a secret! And honestly I agree with that! You heard me! Most people (still) don’t want to believe in ET life or even the possibility there in. The Brookings report needs to be updated to modern times as I think a large portion would possibly accept this now it would still cause some large problems (pitchforks and torches most likely).

S&F for you mate!

edit on 14-12-2011 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
sites similar to google earth... Doesn't seem to be blocked on these?

www.flashearth.com...
www.bing.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jdav360

That is strange...

Here is a screen shot of my google earth which I have not updated in a while...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I've been pretty interested in Lake Vostok for the last couple of months or so. I've had real trouble getting good info on this place. I came upon a couple of videos on YouTube taken of the "bases" there or what ever those facilities are. I couldn't find anything I didn't already know. I knew about the NSA, but why the NSA? A couple of years ago I heard rumours about the Nazis finding an ancient temple or underground base there or something. I never read up on it but with the new things coming out like the Vostok drilling, undergroung bases, magnetic anomolies, the NSA and giant methane plumes...I dunno...I thknk it's kind of interesting
Now I'm definatly going to dig into this.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by freshwreckage

Yeah I find that pretty bizare as well. I typed in Lake Vostok and it took me pretty much at the same coordinates but there's nothing there. Clearly, this has been airbrushed.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by freshwreckage

Yeah I find that pretty bizare as well. I typed in Lake Vostok and it took me pretty much at the same coordinates but there's nothing there. Clearly, this has been airbrushed.

same on flashearth.com! go to those coordinates, and there is nothing but black circles indicating that there is nothing there!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jdav360

They say they can't photograph the poles due to satelite orbit yet they can get a detailed outline of both poles....weird.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Event Horizon

There must be more information of this subject. Some one must know.

People do know, and they come forwards with their accounts too, not just about Antarctica and Vostok, Highjump, Bases and so on, but on many, many other topics a lot of ATS'ers find interesting.

The trouble is, some twit always pipes up and says something like 'Photos or it didn't happen', and that, pathetic as it might sounds is usually the nail in the coffin for any serious research.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Don't know about the quote, but the map could just as easily be a miscalculation of south America. Look at the features ad compare it to south america.

Look at Africa. So small. It's clearly a miscalculation.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thanks, good thread.

Even with doubts about the NAZI part and all that, i never heard about that lake but the known FACTS already are extremely interesting! Giant lakes 4km below the ice, with cave-systems, VERY LIKELY their own biosphere and VERY LIKELY organisms which are millions of years old and might be totally different to any species we know...here right on Earth. Very interesting read!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
There are a lot of holes in the Google earth scans. Here's a huge hole on the Alaskan/Canadian border, there is a smaller black square in England. When you think of it, there are very little flight paths over the poles, the Google high resolution images come from airplanes. One also has to consider the high winds in Antarctica blowing around the surface snow could just obscure several attempts at scanning remote areas rarely flown over.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

If this is a crash site, you had better believe they would keep this a secret! And honestly I agree with that! You heard me! Most people (still) don’t want to believe in ET life or even the possibility there in. The Brookings report needs to be updated to modern times as I think a large portion would possibly accept this now it would still cause some large problems (pitchforks and torches most likely).

S&F for you mate!

edit on 14-12-2011 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

In Theory:

You are right about the pitchforks and torches.. and you are also right that the world really isn't ready, but I can't put faith in any person or group to actually make the call to cover it up.
No one can be trusted to " withold information purely for the safety of mankind".
Too much at stake,
I say let the world know, and let them all freak out so we can get back to what's important. Reality.
The pitchforks and torches event will help thin the herd. Those types never very last long anyway.

"F^@$ the revolution, Bring on the appocalypse!"
- a quote from Zombietools t-shirt

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Why can't the governments of the world be like.

"Hey folks we have found a weird metallic object under the ice, we dot know what it is yet, but we are sending a dig team and a group of scientists and geologists to find out!

Stay tuned for more news on this exciting find!"

Thats what i would be like if i was in charge.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

I think if they did it would actually further the study and scientific research by amateurs. Just look at my favorite field Astronomy! Many amateurs worldwide contribute to this field every year. I think the same could be done with every field if we had more access to the information.

Take for example Asteroid YU55 JPL is sitting on 40TB (terabytes) 40!!! HOLY CRAP! Let it out!!! Let me have a look-see!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Then, of course, there are the rumors that the US government had a gigantic tunneling machine in Antarctica back at the turn of the century, and the missing news crew with their apocryphal video... Not to mention the 12000-year-old structure and the time vortex and the aroused sea incident...

This link here (from the same site that did the above-linked Lake Vostok article) does a fantastic job summing up the more recent part of the story.

Just wanted to add my two cents to the issue,
Seraph
edit on 14-12-2011 by seraphnb because: clarification

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
What's interesting about this is that there are some very well documented FACTUAL events that took place, right alongside the more "questionable" stories and theories.

I had never heard the one about the German women being trained and being put up in an "impenatrable" fortress. This immediately reminds me of a story my Grandfather told me when i was young. He was a WWII survivor, a Naval Intelligence Officer, and went on to work on Black Ops aerospace projects the remainder of his career. Needless to say, he has many many stories that are beyond comprehension, and in his old age doesnt mind divulging.

As his story goes, he was part of a Naval antarctic expedition shrouded in secrecy, this was after the war so perhaps they were there to check up on the rumors of Nazi activity there.

Anyways, he told me that once they arrived, they stayed for a time in a small outpost that had previously been there and was fully operational. They worked nearly 24/7, but had a few chances to spend a liesure day. My grandfather and a few of his colleagues decided to do a little exploring. The weather was almost unbearable so they could only go for a few hours at a time, but they were given a map and extremely strict orders to stay away from a certain area on that map.

They did as they were told, but on their last day there they decided to be a little daring and go see what the restricted area was all about.

What they saw, was an immense wall, which was hard to tell how long it went for due to the weather, but it was clearly an enormous structure of some sort, and definitely not a naturally occuring formation. They had to head back as the weather increased in severity, but to this day my GrnPa still wonders what exactly that wall was and what it implicated.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Could be the cover story? But then again, sometimes living in a fantasy is more enjoyable. Imagine if all alleged UFO sightings, conspiracy theories, and secret societies were false - how boring would that be?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The first map shown is the Piri Reis map, named after the ottoman pirate who draw it up from more ancient maps. Charles Hapgood believed the maps he used were so old it showed Antarctica BEFORE it was frozen over. Funnily enough I have just finished reading his book "Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings".

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join