It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctic Mysteries

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

This leaves unanswered the question of how this rock crossed 52 million miles of space and arrived on Earth. Maybe a UFO landed on Mars, and the rock became lodged in its landing gear. Later, as the saucer was making its final approach into an alien base in Antarctica, the rock came loose and landed in the ice field. In short, the rock came to Earth the same way the dandelion came to North America - by ship.

Someone seriously wrote this?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I love to read stuff like this. There must be more information of this subject. Some one must know.

Originally posted by Surfeit
Great subject. I first learned about Lake Vostok with this doc.
The Lost World of Lake Vostok

Good watch....enjoy.

Thank you for this post. I enjoyed this video very much.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sunshinesmile

haha dont feel bad..after i read the article i thought the same thing with the lake actually being under russia....great post though...i had never heard of this before...i actually once found some pictures on the internet of soldiers digging up something metallic in the south pole and never though much of it...i should find them and post them.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Bravo!

This is what ATS should be all about - salient information, sourced well and presented professionally. Definately an interesting topic and enjoy reading more!

S & F

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
giant magnetic anomoly under the ice , well yeh john carpenter didnt get his film ideas from nowhere ya know !

all joking aside I bet there is a whole load of cool things we can learn about our polar regions , that we arent being told or we are specifically being kept in the dark about.

On the xenobiology sied , im more interested in the extremophiles which live here , if they survive here then they must on europa
edit on 14-12-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Very very good thread.

I love things like this when they are put out there. Wonder where this one will lead

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
Okay, there is a renowned Cambridge Journal called "Polar Record".

Do a search about "Hitler", giving you some real experts views about Queen-Maud-Land, Highjump etc.

Take a look at this one: Hitler's Antarctic base: the myth and the reality.
Abstract:

In January-February 1939, a secret German expedition visited Dronning (or Queen) Maud Land, Antarctica, apparently with the intention inter alia of establishing a base there. Between 1943 and 1945 the British launched a secret wartime Antarctic operation, code-named Tabarin. Men from the Special Air Services Regiment (SAS), Britain's covert forces for operating behind the lines, appeared to be involved. In July and August 1945, after the German surrender, two U-boats arrived in Argentina. Had they been to Antarctica to land Nazi treasure or officials? In the southern summer of 1946–1947, the US Navy appeared to ‘invade’ Antarctica using a large force. The operation, code-named Highjump, was classified confidential. In 1958, three nuclear weapons were exploded in the region, as part of another classified US operation, code-named Argus. Given the initial lack of information about these various activities, it is not, perhaps, surprising that some people would connect them to produce a pattern in which governments would be accused of suppressing information about ‘what really happened’, and would use these pieces of information to construct a myth of a large German base existing in Antarctica and of allied efforts to destroy it. Using background knowledge of Antarctica and information concerning these activities that has been published since the early 1940s, it is demonstrated: that the two U-Boats could not have reached Antarctica; that there was no secret wartime German base in Dronning Maud Land; that SAS troops did not attack the alleged German base; that the SAS men in the region at the time had civilian jobs; that Operation Highjump was designed to train the US Navy for a possible war with the Soviet Union in the Arctic, and not to attack an alleged German base in Antarctica; and that Operation Argus took place over the ocean more than 2000 km north of Dronning Maud Land. Activities that were classified have subsequently been declassified and it is no longer difficult to separate fact from fancy, despite the fact that many find it attractive not to do so.

Fazit: Forget the myth about Neuschwabenland etc.

Oh yeah? So because Cambridge Journals writes few things about Antarctica, definitely there is nothing there. So we must forget the "myth" about Neuschwabenland and put everything to rest. Brilliant....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Is there a good documentary covering the anomaly of Lake Vostok? I`m talking about the "gigantic masscon—a mass concentration of metal, very similar to the masscons they discovered on the Moon — a gigantic, circular-shaped, metallic object deep under the ice at the end of Lake Vostok."

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The map in the OP does not portray an ice free Antarctica. Its just a disproportional representation of the eastern coastline of South America.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I love stuff like this.

Found this, i read about it a while ago

Professor DeLaurier’s paper discussed the existence of a structure so vast that it defied imagination—a quasi-cylindrical loaf of an object measuring 65 miles long by 65 miles thick at a staggering depth of 80 miles. The huge structure had been detected by seismic equipment located at Alert, one of the U.S.-Canadian Distant Early Warning (DEW) stations in the Arctic wilderness. Studies showed that the object, which straddled the earth’s mantle and crust, was the source of some sort of disturbance—similar to the situation encountered at Lake Vostok 30-odd years later—affecting the magnetic field at the Alert facility and “inducing a strong flow of electricity.”

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I am confused, how can the NSA or any other government classify and restrict access to a Russian part of the Antarctica?

Anyway here is an article from the BBC at the start of the year concerning a Russian drilling project to basicaly open Lake Vostok up.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Drilling has been delayed due to extreme weather conditions but they are due to commence just after winter. Doesnt seem very classified to be honest, they are quite open about what they are doing there.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by KopoJon
I am confused, how can the NSA or any other government classify and restrict access to a Russian part of the Antarctica?

Anyway here is an article from the BBC at the start of the year concerning a Russian drilling project to basicaly open Lake Vostok up.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Drilling has been delayed due to extreme weather conditions but they are due to commence just after winter. Doesnt seem very classified to be honest, they are quite open about what they are doing there.

I dont have the awnser to you question. From what i understand they classifyed the photos take by NASA. I guess these photos or x-rays, whatever they took, was able to penetrate the ice and give you a glance at whats below

Ive also heard storys of amateur explorers "hiking" to the area and getting picked up by the NSA before they got to anomaly. These storys are hard to belive because the anomaly is 1,000 km from the sea. I dont think a pair of guys can hike that far in artic conditions
edit on 14-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Very doubtful you get some "hikers" out on a jolly to the antarctic getting picked up by the NSA. Not exactly a place you can just go for a sunday hike.

Seems all a bit far fetched you know, especialy with the amount of scientific data that gets published by both Britain and Russia concerning it. Going to be quite exciting to see whats under there.

And if im perfectly honest, i would try and verify the authenticity of that quote from Nasa's JPL, sounds pretty suspect.
edit on 14-12-2011 by KopoJon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If somebody already said this, apologies..

Which end of the lake is the anomaly?

Is it just me or does it look like a crash site?

Maybe it's the alien mother ship.

Or maybe that's where Lucifer hit when he was "cast down to the earth.."

edit on 14-12-2011 by rbnhd76 because: Maybe not funny when they awaken the Craken or Cthulu

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Is it me? Or is it odd that there is a blanked out spot near the coordinates given for Lake Vostok?
Definitely odd...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Has anyone ever seen images of the whole of Antarctica from space? I sure haven't been able to find any,

You can't type in a simple Google search?

Have you never heard of NASA Visible Earth?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by freshwreckage

To be honest im not really sure Chowderwhores tumblr account is really the best place for the verification of evidence.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Has anyone ever seen images of the whole of Antarctica from space? I sure haven't been able to find any,

You can't type in a simple Google search?

Have you never heard of NASA Visible Earth?

The strange part is that the link to antartica on nasa's website doesn't work.

try it yourself:

visibleearth.nasa.gov...
edit on 14-12-2011 by jdav360 because: more specific

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Interesting post, sounds too good to be true though. I would guess all bases in Antarctica are small, if there is evidence otherwise I'd be happy to see it.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KopoJon

Given...

But, I am a dumbs and could not find how to link it... But check it out for yourself on google earth... The coords are
77°30′S 106°00′E

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join