It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctic Mysteries

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Nah, better let it bubble some more thought-bubbles like "I know someone whose sister did know someone there in southamerica which has SEEEEN things! THEY ARE THE REALZ!"

Oh dear.

Science, its a bitter land. Hard to conquer and harsh for the novice, the evidences are boring to outsiders and all proves prove that there is nothing to prove.

How much more fun is the land of fantasy, with its Neuschwabenland (completely unproven) and its flying Nazi-Saucers (yes, there was a prototype and it was unsteerable - but who cares?) and what about some holes in the ice down to the inner earth? Because, you know, there ARE NO PICS FROM THE SOUTHPOLE! - Maybe because its physically tremendous difficult for a satelite to travel exactly from pole to pole? Nope, its because there is this conspiracy!...

*sorry, could not resist to being sarcastic*
edit on 19-12-2011 by ManFromEurope because: grammar, you are my enemy!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
reply to post by Telos

Because, you know, there ARE NO PICS FROM THE SOUTHPOLE! - Maybe because its physically tremendous difficult for a satelite to travel exactly from pole to pole? Nope, its because there is this conspiracy!...

*sorry, could not resist to being sarcastic*
edit on 19-12-2011 by ManFromEurope because: grammar, you are my enemy!

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this part of your post. There ARE satellite photos of Antarctica. You can find satellite imagery of the south pole, but what you cannot do is use one of the various applications such as google earth to zoom in and look at details of that region. It has all been either removed or blocked out.

What I think we should all be more interested in is what kind of life is going to be found in Lake Vostok once they do reach the lake. According to scientists, that lake has been under 13,000 or so feet of ice for approximately 15 million years. In the last 15 million years, life on the earths surface has evolved, with mankind becoming the dominant species. I suspect that life has also evolved in Lake Vostok. Who knows what kind of crazy life forms we will find. We should all be hoping that whatever is in Lake Vostok is not going to pose a significant risk to the rest of the planet. We could easily be unleashing a life form that has no natural predators.

Imagine this....what if we reach the lake, and there is some sort of a super predator that we unleash on the world. Or if there is a strain of bacteria that the human immune system cannot fight off....

edit on 20-12-2011 by jdav360 because: More detail

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by welshreduk

I had the rare opportunity to spend time on the "The Ice" as we OAE's (Old Antarctic Explorer) refer to it. By the way, one cannot be an OAE unless you go back TWICE. One tourist visit don't cut it!
I was down there from 89' to 92'. Three visits with the US Navy.
Even back then, that lake had a weird vibe around it. It was a very special place, buried beneath hundreds of feet of ice, capped for centuries. The issue then was how to touch the surface without contaminating the water (apparently, it's still an issue). I remember back then, they decided not to do anything with it for fear of just that, contaminating it.
That continent has some very strange places. I have a rock from the Dry Valley's. It looks like a large sharks tooth having been cut by the wind from three sides. Beautifully cut and polished only by wind. It was so dry that when you touched it, the oil from your hand was sucked right into it leaving and print. It's been handled so much now that the original color is no longer there. Great paper weight though.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by welshreduk
Here is a good read for those of you interested in this lake and Antarctica...

Lake Vostok - The Lake of Shadows

BUMP

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Thanks for the great thread--S&F on day-1, but nothing to add until today (still not much, but hate to see this thread die). Aside from the possible NAZI presence, I can't help wondering if the relative secrecy surrounding Antarctica is rooted in a 'follow the money' situation...

After reading that Antarctica contains 70% of Earth's fresh water, I thought of Jesse Ventura's Great Lakes episode (season 2/episode 6--Dec. 3, 2010) where he shows that huge diaphragms of fresh water from the Great Lakes are being towed to China.

Along those lines, the Colorado River feeds 7-states, Lake Mead is at a historic low, & California's 2020 water shortage, seems to be coming to fruition. Not to mention, the genius move to put an oil pipeline on top of the Ogallala Aquifer, which feeds the Great Plains.

This leads me to wonder if it’s possible that water/ice is being mined in Antarctica to be sold to the highest bidders(?).

Like I said, it isn’t much & I like the NAZI hypotheses better, but if I was a wealthy greedy bastard with resources, you can bet that I’d be figuring out a way to lay claim to that ice. Thanks again OP.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jdav360

Unless the drilling awakens Cthulhu and then we're all in for a rough time.

I still think there's a type of bacteria or virus down there that will prove deadly upon being contamined by oxygen.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I have been quite obsessed with the faintest possibility of Nazi involvement in Antarctica for most of my life for no given reason that I can account for...
I even supposedly drew drawings in the 1st grade on writing paper of an underground, fortified city for no reason. My mom told me I used to connect the paper with tape to make these huge illustrations for my class. My teacher told her he did not understand what or why but he and the class loved it and said I acted repeatedly like I had been there..

Just wanted to mention that because as I grew older and had these obsessions and dreams, I read about these conspiracies and said, Hmm?
Thanks for listening to my tid-bit

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ssFrom what I read on lake Vostok, the Russians only need to drill another 50 meters in order to reach the lake but had to leave due to the Antarctic winter arriving. Its said they will begin drilling again in December 2011 to complete the last 50 meters. The Russian team also plans to send a underwater robot into the lake to collect water samples. Note, the Russian base is on the complete other side of the lake where the magnetic “anomaly” is.

I was under the impression that they stopped drilling before they reached the lake because of the possibility of contaminating it.
Lake Vostok is probably the oldest undisturbed area on earth... the bacteria, or other life living in the lake, has been evolving independently since it was initially covered in ice. If the drill had reached the lake it would have introduced contaminates to that unique environment and then would have spoiled any further attempt to study the potential life existing there.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OlafMiacov

Thanks for the great thread--S&F on day-1, but nothing to add until today (still not much, but hate to see this thread die). Aside from the possible NAZI presence, I can't help wondering if the relative secrecy surrounding Antarctica is rooted in a 'follow the money' situation...

After reading that Antarctica contains 70% of Earth's fresh water, I thought of Jesse Ventura's Great Lakes episode (season 2/episode 6--Dec. 3, 2010) where he shows that huge diaphragms of fresh water from the Great Lakes are being towed to China.

Along those lines, the Colorado River feeds 7-states, Lake Mead is at a historic low, & California's 2020 water shortage, seems to be coming to fruition. Not to mention, the genius move to put an oil pipeline on top of the Ogallala Aquifer, which feeds the Great Plains.

This leads me to wonder if it’s possible that water/ice is being mined in Antarctica to be sold to the highest bidders(?).

Like I said, it isn’t much & I like the NAZI hypotheses better, but if I was a wealthy greedy bastard with resources, you can bet that I’d be figuring out a way to lay claim to that ice. Thanks again OP.

Its a fact they went down there and whats strange is they alocated resources from the war to do it. Whatever was down there that they found was important to them. Important enough to have the US navy steam down to investigate.

I truly belive nearly all of mankinds awnsers of its past lay below the ice

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I think it was Bob Dean that made that quote to Project Camelot.
edit on 21-12-2011 by KEMIK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Its a fact they went down there and whats strange is they alocated resources from the war to do it. Whatever was down there that they found was important to them. Important enough to have the US navy steam down to investigate.

I truly belive nearly all of mankinds awnsers of its past lay below the ice

I totally agree with you, but couldn't help tangentially entertaining the greed factor. I'm not only glad that you started the thread, but that so many others jumped on board w/additional links & thoughts.

My knowledge base & inquisitive desire on these matters have increased exponentially & I hope that more information comes to light on this topic.

It's long been reported that South America was a safe haven for Eichmann & Mengele and that eugenics is being practiced in guarded compounds today, so it stands to reason that the missing subs & who know what else is in Antarctic ice bunkers.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Awesome information to add to my existing files.

Great thread Op I learned something new

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I also know there are conspiracies of the US finding and thawing out unknown viruses that have been trapped in the ice for millions of years. These viruses, never being introduced to any animal for millions of years, have the capability of wiping out 95% of the population.

Im going to have to take a look into it some more.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

Awesone info here. Who cares if it's fiction or mis-info' by the Govs!!! All so interesting & some so believable.
I think it's possible that a dense metal meteor or some kind of space rock impacted with that part of the lake many years ago & could be causing the magnetic anomolly. I find it plausable that someone could be selling Antarctic ice off as water to needy countries.
The ancient maps are so intriguing & inventive.
Begs the question why is it blanked from Google maps & others???
The Germanic Shangri La is imaginative & I believe the USA were playing war games.
Strange about the questionable deaths of people who worked there.
Really entertaining stuff & so much food for thought.
Thanks OP.......

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by supamoto
reply to post by Shirak

Awesone info here. Who cares if it's fiction or mis-info' by the Govs!!! All so interesting & some so believable.
I think it's possible that a dense metal meteor or some kind of space rock impacted with that part of the lake many years ago & could be causing the magnetic anomolly.

It was mentioned in one of the above sources that the magnetic anomaly has a length of 50 km and a width of about 60 km. Not likely a space rock, not from the earths younger history, at least.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by welshreduk

good read.....lots of info I had no idea about

STAAAARRRR!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

It was mentioned in one of the above sources that the magnetic anomaly has a length of 50 km and a width of about 60 km. Not likely a space rock, not from the earths younger history, at least.

The definition of a "mass concentration" is this: an excess distribution of mass on or beneath the surface of a planet.

By this definition, scientists consider Hawaii to be a "Mascon". And excess of mass beneath the surface causes a magnetic anomaly in the Hawaiian Islands. (source: seismo.berkeley.edu...). This excess mass is caused by volcanic activity.

The more and more that I research this topic, the more I believe that there is a logical scientific explanation.

Still....fascinating!

edit on 23-12-2011 by jdav360 because: screwed up

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I dont know if this was offered before but I thought it was interesting......evidence of something down there not exactly "natural"??

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.hep.ucl.ac.uk...

what exactly is causing these ultra energy packed particles being detected here...they say its cosmic showers but what I find intersting is that they are in a place that distributes these all over the globe by earhts magnetic field
edit on 23-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I think the antartic could be a base of operations from times lost....

I saw a thread yesterday about finding evidence of ancient civilizations and where to look.....
Could all these places with strange energy signatures (magnetic, etc) be sites with the "lights left on"....
Under water or elsewhere.....we should look for anomolies that have similar energy patterns....exotic particles and so forth....maybe ancient/alien tech produces particles that we are just discovering with our super colliders....

If anyone has know how of how super colliders work....could the particles found in my last post be explained by natural earth bound particles form space....or is it something local on the ground that would produce these....??

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
I dont know if this was offered before but I thought it was interesting......evidence of something down there not exactly "natural"??

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.hep.ucl.ac.uk...

what exactly is causing these ultra energy packed particles being detected here...they say its cosmic showers but what I find intersting is that they are in a place that distributes these all over the globe by earhts magnetic field

Interesting note...if you look at the location of Lake Vostok, the area is green and red at BOTH ends of the lake. Supposedly, there is only one human base at that location.

Also, I am assuming that each of the green areas is a sub glacial lake. Interesting to note that the majority of them have a red spot also, indicating that there is a human base there. What else is interesting is if you correlate the red spots with the google earth imagery, you will notice that the majority of those locations have big white boxes where there is absolutely no detail.

I still wish we could use Google Earth to zoom in and see details. And I do still believe that the reason that you cannot is simply because the powers that be do not want us to know what is going on there.
edit on 23-12-2011 by jdav360 because: cuz thats how i roll

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join