It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctic Mysteries

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Everybody hold on! I just discovered that you CAN in fact zoom in on the Vostok Station in Google Earth!

While it is not in great detail, you can still see the "road" leading into the station. And the runway!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
ok weird...if you zoom in to about 14 miles, there are two long rectangular discolorations. This may just be distortion in the photograph though.

could be something....could be nothing...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
Take a look at this one: Hitler's Antarctic base: the myth and the reality.

Fazit: Forget the myth about Neuschwabenland etc.

I have posted this information before and it is largely ignored. Most of the info in the OP is BS. The "NATO official" is not even named and is probably fabricated.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I believe that your thread has a connection to this thread i have just posted in relation to Saint Helena Lost Civilization

I will be very suprised indeed if it isnt. I also believe that the thread linked also explains the interest in the middle-east

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Just looked at your link and i went to wikipedia and looked up operation Argus at the image regarding task force 88 and the path, i would like you to look at my thread Saint Helena lost civilization and particularly the trajectory

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

Apologies to all readers. The whole paper mentioned above can be read at the link below.

Hitlers Antarctic Base: The myth and the reality

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
the year 1947 - highjump and roswell - any takers here?

here are some curious facts which support hollow earth and US Patent 1096102:

By far the three most significant categories of evidence proving the validity of United States patent 1096102
are:

1) warmer climate in Polar region
2) eccentric behavior of the compass
3) the peculiar polar lights known respectively as the Aurora Borealis and, in Antarctica, the Aurora Australis
Although the brevity of this article prevents all but a cursory examination of the voluminous available evidence, there are several other categories of proof as well. These include:

4) a dramatic increase in plant and animal life at the far north, also extreme northward bird migrations at the onset of Winter
5) stones, wood, dust, pollen, and mud found both on and imbedded in ice bergs
6) anomalous radio wave behavior in polar region
7) gravitational increase measurable at the Polar Curve, sufficient to cause a significant segregation of salt water and fresh water
8) strange situation of the far north Eskimo, a people with a completely unique language and whose oral tradition states that they originated from much farther north in a warm land of perpetual daylight
9) polar sea depth and strong south-going current in the high Arctic
10) the perfectly fresh mammoths found encased in the ice

A) if, as the official government position postulates, these elephants died during a climate shift from tropical to frigid, it is logical to inquire why didn’t these shivering elephants simply ’pack their trunks’ and move south? or

B) if this alleged climate shift happened suddenly, then why aren’t these ’flash frozen’ pachyderms found alongside the inevitable ’flash frozen’ thousands of acres of forest in which they lived? 11) the peculiar chemistry and mathematics of ice bergs, enormous objects composed of fresh water and which, although there is almost no annual precipitation with which to replace them, travel by the thousands slowly southward to melt every year
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

and the tricky magnetic variations:

1) electricity and magnetism do not move haphazardly about in enormous curtain shapes 2) the Aurora is noticeably affected by local weather changes 3) the Aurora displays a significant variety of colors, often concurrently 4) the magnetic needle functions even at the equator, but the Aurora is almost exclusively polar 5) actual electrical phenomena, such as lightening, are noisy, yet the Aurora is silent 6) particles from the Sun are mainly hydrogen, yet very little hydrogen is recorded in the spectograph’s analysis of Auroral light 7) If caused by a perpetual flow of electrons from the Sun, then why are Auroral displays sometimes present and sometimes absent? 8) the most powerful refutation is that Auroras are often experienced on-site with no affect upon the magnetic needle!

from same link

i posted this on another forum --.com... - but certain the link has been censored by ats - anyway, that was december, 2010 - interesting post there by LiveAndLearn -

edit on 24-12-2011 by musselwhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
Take a look at this one: Hitler's Antarctic base: the myth and the reality.

Fazit: Forget the myth about Neuschwabenland etc.

I have posted this information before and it is largely ignored. Most of the info in the OP is BS. The "NATO official" is not even named and is probably fabricated.

As i said in the OP, 2 or 3 times, that all the info is "he said she said" and not confirmed. You may think its BS but the majority of us here think its interesting and thought provoking

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I'm not saying it is not a legitimate thing to have in an OP. I am saying that the Nazi stuff is most likely complete rubbish. The significance of the magnetic anomaly is also exaggerated by your source.

Please read this if you haven't.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I'm not saying it is not a legitimate thing to have in an OP. I am saying that the Nazi stuff is most likely complete rubbish. The significance of the magnetic anomaly is also exaggerated by your source.

Please read this if you haven't.

It is indeed a nice article (in the guise of a research report); however, it is extremely short on unbiased empirical data relevant to its title.

Anecdotal book & magazine excerpts intermixed with ‘official history’ and matter of fact geographical data, spanning almost a century, fall well-short of declassified documents and conspiratorial debunking.

edit on 29-12-2011 by OlafMiacov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OlafMiacov

So where do you differ from the authors of the paper? I think they deal with a lot of the myths surrounding operation high jump.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

reply to post by OlafMiacov

So where do you differ from the authors of the paper? I think they deal with a lot of the myths surrounding operation high jump.

I differ with absolute, but anecdotal explanations hiding w/in the context of expert credibility...

Referring to your geologist source, here is a pdf list of Dr. Summerhayes’s other publications: www.scar.org...

I find it extremely interesting & fueling to the NAZI Antarctica hypothesis that, out of his numerous publications, this is the only paper that he has written of a historical-political-military nature & it is a total departure from anything that he had previously published (incl. contents of articles therein).

After examining his publications, my conspiracy theory radar went off & I began envisioning someone ‘telling him’ that he is a doctor & expert, so he needs to write-up something to quell Antarctic conspiracy theories; er, something along those lines…

Reading his “Hitler’s Antarctic Base” paper (btw, top of page 14, under misc), w/in the context of his other publications, seems eerily similar to slipping a Mad Magazine article into a science textbook.

Aside from prestigious positions & more degrees than a thermometer, it also appears that he may have non-financial, but undisclosed interests--except for his Exxon research! This guy’s potential intelligence activities may be good thread(?).

edit on 29-12-2011 by OlafMiacov because: ?answer

edit on 29-12-2011 by OlafMiacov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9
Wow, incredible find! This kind of sounds like that X-Files movie, not sure which one though, of that alien ship submerged under Antarctic ice. That's the first thing that came to mind while reading lol

S&F

it's also roughly the same exact theme of the movie "Aliens vs predator" and .. "the thing" .. and...the HP Lovecraft book "At the Mountains of Madness"...and the old movie "The Land Unknown" ..pretty popular concept actually.
edit on 12/30/2011 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

for anyone interested.. there's a coast to coast am show happening right now about alien bases and bases in the antarctic... www.coasttocoastam.com...

listen online here - www.iheart.com...#/live/177/?autoplay=true

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Im new here and yes im very intrigued by the Antartica mysteries.
Especially with the Nazi's and the hollow earth theory. Though my mind is very open

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I recently watched a documentary on discovery called 'alien files unsealed' at a point in the program they touched on the subject of Antarctica with the nazis and under ice / ground bases, they also mentioned a couple of enormous holes or caves that have recently appeared and gave co-ordinates as to where you can see these holes/caves on google earth 66 33' 11.58"S 99 50' 17.86"E and 66 36' 12.58"S 99 43' 12.72"E there is also some one who has noticed these holes here on ATS if you search 'Very unusual holes/openings/entrances found in Antarctica you should find what I did,'. I'm not sure if these two are connected or if the holes are near the lake but none the less its still very interesting and a little coincidental.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Just got linked here from another thread and then looked this lake up to see their progress. They broke through to the lake in Jan, 2013 but have yet to analyze the water. Why would it take them so long? A year and counting to take a peek under the microscope?

Will keep an eye on what they find, unless they are too mad at us to share. Definitely has to be the purest water on the planet.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
hear about a antartic military operation on 1947, named as "High Jump"

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: camaro68ss

I am reviving this thread with new and relevant information:

www.universetoday.com...
WHAT COULD EXPLAIN THE MYSTERIOUS RING IN ANTARCTICA?
Meteor or Ice Doline?

edit on 9-2-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Shirak

I appreciate that this comment to which I am replying is now four years old, but it made me think of the SyFy channel show we had running here in the UK last year, sponsored by the Royal Air Force reserves, which was called 'Helix'...

I believe there is another series due to screen sometime in Spring - it was very good in many regards, quite intriguing. Yet another which I added to the pile as 'drip-feed clues'. Along the lines of 'The Event'.

I look over some of our recent TV scheduling and see a plethora of short-lived, but excellent science fiction/ horror/ thriller mash ups, which tend to run for one or two seasons, and then perish because most folk simply cannot hold on to all the strands of the stories that are being woven. For example, I was royally pissed off when they cancelled Stargate Universe. That had the potential for five seasons, at least, the very best Stargate offering that had ever been made - but it was cancelled after two seasons, because the viewer figures dropped below an acceptable threshold, by a fraction - by a FRACTION. They couldn't be bothered to persist and perhaps try a bit more marketing, they just cancelled. Epic fail.

Then, there's times where I think that although we were told it may run for many seasons, it was only ever planned to run for one season - a teaser, one to chalk up as 'clue-bombing'. Like the Lone Gunmen spin-off from the X-Files.

'The Event', in particular, strikes me as one of those 'clue-bombs'. The story could have evolved beautifully, but it was a smash & grab. Dumped a load of information through symbolism & dialogue planted in the storyline/ production values side of things, and then quickly wrapped it up, leaving you damn frustrated that there will never be any answers to some of the questions it raised.

Then they give you five seasons of the Walking Dead, and you realise that all it achieved was a desensitization to extreme gore & horror situations.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join