It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctic Mysteries

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kansas

No it doesnt this is the Piri Reis map

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Very cool, id love to know more about hitler and the antarctic and lake vostok has always intrested me why would there be a metal disk there making strange things happen?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BriGuyTM90
reply to post by kansas

No it doesnt this is the Piri Reis map

en.wikipedia.org...

Agreed - the first map is the Hobo Lomein map...or Lopo Homem map for those of you who isn't hungry.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Its a good thread, but I have the feeling that this one along with many others not yet posted will be posted because of this. Again, good thread, but its like as soon as something happens on the other side of the world, people immediately think of and start researching about it. I mean you weren't doing it before...Why now? Because its popular news? Then when this news dies out just like the bird and fish deaths, no one will care anymore. I know this is a conspiracy website, I know this is a conspiracy forum and I know I could be wrong but you have to admit people hop on the bandwagon of conspiracy a lot like teenagers do with the latest cell phones. (Adults alike)

Before I go completely off-topic, I've always thought even before anything big happened in Antarctica that it was the most mysterious place on our Earth, second to the oceans. No one ever visits (so we think). In my opinion, I think its where the bankers will head when the SHTF...God I hate typing that...SHTF....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Actually, the coordinates in the X Files movie are almost over Vostok. Very Strange.....

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
My friend just got back from Antarctica. The videos and photos were amazing. Very little sign of human life there, unless it was buried under ice.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

i cant wait till global warming melts antartica and we can se its true landscape

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
My aunt and uncle from peru were friends with people from antarctica NewSchwabenland My uncle was helping administration in the HAARP facility in Peru. After my uncle died a few years ago, my aunt came to visit her brother here in the US, Just as she was leaving she mentioned she was going to antarctica to visit some german friends. I told her to bring me a souvenir from "newschwabenland". After I use that word she clammed up, and said nothing more and left for south america.
I could tell that she knew exactly what I was thinking about and that I was not supposed to have said she was going there. She did not even say goodbye to her brother & she left immediately.
Dude your information is absolutely correct, there is something going on down there and has been for the last 70 years.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Here is a link to an excerpt from Alien Agenda by Jim Marrs that has just about everything the OP talked about and a little more detail. After reading the post I started searching around the internet and came across this. I assume it is where the OP coined a lot of his ideas.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by misguided
Here is a link to an excerpt from Alien Agenda by Jim Marrs that has just about everything the OP talked about and a little more detail. After reading the post I started searching around the internet and came across this. I assume it is where the OP coined a lot of his ideas.

yes i used some information from this site as others. its a good read. I just have a hard time with the alien stuff. Not that i dont belive there are aliens, i just dont belive they are from another plant. And if the rumors are true that “aliens” were helping Hitler then its more evidence that aliens are a demonic entities. If Aliens are for peace, why would they help Hitler?

Just my own believes

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9
Wow, incredible find! This kind of sounds like that X-Files movie, not sure which one though, of that alien ship submerged under Antarctic ice. That's the first thing that came to mind while reading lol

S&F

That was the first one.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetriswoooo

i cant wait till global warming melts antartica and we can se its true landscape

That should only take about 300,000 years or so. Not to burst your bubble or anything!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I didn't want to sound like you were stealing from his work, or anything like that... Just found it and thought I would share the link, for some others that would like to read more about it. I agree with you about Marrs though. I'm not a big fan of his work, personally I think that he likes to find facts and then stretch them a little bit to fit his agenda, especially that which applies to his views on aliens. Over all I feel that he writes to appeal to the "crack-pots", but his work does seem to have some factual basis buried underneath it all.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

3 weeks after world war II the United States set sail to Antarctica with 3,500 marines and many ships including helicopters and a aircraft carrier. This operation was called ”Operation High Jump”. Now why would the united states go to Antarctica 3 weeks after the war ended, with Europe in ruins, and participate in a “winter training exercises” and “test equipment in frigid conditions”?

Sorry, you are off by a year. HJ started in August 1946

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Having read the article in which this quote appears....

Russian scientist Ian Toskovoi - who vanished near the Vostok station in

There is absolutely nothing about this "russian scientist" anywhere on the net except in repeats of that page.

Also regarding the women in this quote, same article

Word spread over the Internet that researchers stationed at Norway’s Amundsen base, 150 miles east of Vostok, had witnessed the arrival of a large quantity of equipment and personnel in the study area. Australian sources remarked that the two women who had taken the challenge of crossing Antarctica by skiing from one end to the other had been forcibly evacuated. Apparently both skiers had been transferred to the Australian polar base and from there to Samoa by an elite U.S. Marines unit, despite the protests of Australian personnel.

Their names were Ann Bancroft and Liv Arnesen. They blogged their journey for school children to follow on the net. Although links to their journey are hard to find, I found one still intact,

My prime time

I found no evidence the ladies were kidnapped ect.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
What if the completion of the Lake Vostok drilling THIS WINTER is the entire reason the US government is urgently cracking down on its people's civil rights and freedoms (2012 NDAA, SOPA, FEMA Camp Activation)? What if the US knew 10 years ago what was underneath the ice (May 2001, NSA) and tried to halt the Russian project through military/environmental lobbying? What if the US failed to subdue a proud/bitter Russia (the Moon landing, Antarctica colonization, Cold War) from its drilling ambitions and started to prepare for the imminent disclosure of the information hidden in the lake? What if then, the events of the 9/11 were used by the US (Patriot ACT) to begin the mental/infrastructure preparations for the mass disorder that would follow?

Just some thoughts I had about the subject

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I have to admit that the OP certainly grabbed my attention. This is probably the most interesting topic I have come across because it deals with something that we have very little knowledge about. Antarctica surely holds a lot of secrets.

But...lol, there is always a but! There is a logical way of looking at what is causing the magnetic anomaly at the end of lake Vostok. According to the accounts I have read, the was a gigantic mascon found at the end of the lake where the magnetic anomaly occurs. So...it is logical to conclude that the magnetic anomaly is the remnants of whatever impacted that area.

However, we will probably never know the truth....
edit on 16-12-2011 by jdav360 because: wasn't finished.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdav360
I have to admit that the OP certainly grabbed my attention. This is probably the most interesting topic I have come across because it deals with something that we have very little knowledge about. Antarctica surely holds a lot of secrets.

But...lol, there is always a but! There is a logical way of looking at what is causing the magnetic anomaly at the end of lake Vostok. According to the accounts I have read, the was a gigantic mascon found at the end of the lake where the magnetic anomaly occurs. So...it is logical to conclude that the magnetic anomaly is the remnants of whatever impacted that area.

However, we will probably never know the truth....
edit on 16-12-2011 by jdav360 because: wasn't finished.

agreed, It could be a large iron asteroid impact site, it could be a the thinning of the crust or on the fringe side a crashed UFO. We dont know and from reports ive read, we will never know.
I would just love to know all the awnsers. Maybe one day.

I always dreamed of holding higher office and being a true voice of the people. If i was in that position, i would let the people know to the best of my ability the secrets government is trying to hide from the people.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This is very exciting. Let's look at the facts. First, ................................................................

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by KopoJon

Very doubtful you get some "hikers" out on a jolly to the antarctic getting picked up by the NSA. Not exactly a place you can just go for a sunday hike.

Seems all a bit far fetched you know, especialy with the amount of scientific data that gets published by both Britain and Russia concerning it. Going to be quite exciting to see whats under there.

And if im perfectly honest, i would try and verify the authenticity of that quote from Nasa's JPL, sounds pretty suspect.
edit on 14-12-2011 by KopoJon because: (no reason given)

It is actually true.they where 2 woman that intended to cross the pole backpacked and on ski's or something similar (dont remember excactly) but it is a fact that they where there and they did indeed get picked up by a U.S 'rescue' team.What followed was that they got flown about for about 48 hours or so after first ariving at a australian artic base (once again, if i remember correctly.)They both showed up in a interview on ABC at some point afterwards.

Funnily enough they are going back to do something similar it seems:
yourexpedition.com...

In November 2012, renowned polar explorers and educators Liv Arnesen and Ann Bancroft will lead a team of six women, from six continents, on an 800 mile, 80-day long expedition to the South Pole.

About the NSA connection: At one point some guy from JPL (im very sorry i dont remember his name) was quick to add that the NSA abreviation was wrongly used instead of the NSF "National Sienctific Federation" but in all honesty i dont see much reason to believe that as much as anything else since i myself have never seen the NSF confirm this.I am sure that if they did they would not have clasified the whole thing and be open about it,the NSA ofcourse would since that is basicly what they do.

The absence or the removal of the nasa press conference is quite akward aswel since the supposed real release has been claimed to have been on the site but even that was gone by the time i got to that part,there was a specific ID nr but it contained some other totaly random content.

D.Shingteller was the woman stating it in the press conference yet the only refference on the net i could find about this woman was neither about before her career at NASA no'r afterwards.All i can find about her is this story.

the Nazi refference seems a bit out there but the things that that Nazi general said were at least thought provoking and the Nazi's interest in places like the tibet and their expeditions to there and seemingly the antartic as a result,Operation HJ is a highly suspicious 'move' imo wich could easily point to a basis of truth there in.

Last but not least ,the magnetic anamoly and the reported size of this.I would really REALLY love to know more about this.

I may have gotten names wrong or misspelled them and forgotten others altogether but that is what i remember so far as i havent gotten around to look into this recent info (i just found the thread and it is really late for me now)

Thanks to this thread i am going to dive into it again..Awesome, thanks OP.

edit on 18-12-2011 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join