It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christians eat pork ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
The question people rarely ask is why you shouldn't eat pork. The most often given answer to those who do answer the question is "it is dirty" but of course with billions eating it that notion makes little to no sense and there are far dirtier things we eat regular - fast food anyone?

The reason for not eating it is that the pig contains human DNA. Those in the know were told not to eat it for that reason - eating one's own is frowned upon in a developed society. Over time that little fact was pushed away for obvious reasons, but the original reason was DNA issues and the possible contamination of the race of beings who were consuming it - fear the DNA would alter the human DNA in ways that could not be controlled. Ever wonder why the pig is used in experiments concerning human organ replacement?

This is the best post in this thread, it should be its own thread.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

LAWL Old testament...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by jerryznv

Does this logic mean that the Ten Commandments don't count either?

Find one of the ten commandments that Jesus didn't advocate in some shape or form.

Let me help you: it's the sabbath day commandment. That's it.

Actually the whole law still stands, It's just that too many Christians don't understand the importance of the Sabbath. Remember the Sabbath came about when God created the earth long before the Hebrews.

James 2:10For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Romans 3:31 - Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law

Mark 2:27 - The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
We don't stone people to death anymore either. Thank God for the New Testament!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
its ats, you speak your mind without feeling marginalized. the mainstream protestant belief is that in paul's vision, god was basically saying all animals are "clean" to eat. the concept of cleanliness obviously has more to do with being separate and being set apart from other peoples. nothing to do with health or taste. think circumcision. a practice to set apart, not having to do with any health benefits, even if there are some.
so, whether you feel its ok to eat pork or not, there's no religious command that can be argued one way against another. certainly not enough to go to war or kill someone over. no one does that, right?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dezero

I know those in the Judaic faith and Muslims have a hard time grasping this, but Christians utilize the old testament in their own ways, and we're a separate religion.

We're not supposed to follow human traditions. Faith is Spirit. And inner seeking. Matthew 13.

Nor is the bible fundamentalism, its all astrology, hidden codes and alot of control. There are some light squares though, Christ was one. Though the higher levels within all the Churches don't even think he's real. He represents their Philosopher's stone by the way. However, I suspect thats the middle manager level and that the higher ups in the Church know he's real and what they've done to hijack truth.

I believe he really came in, that they awaited the As Above So Below signs and then hjacked and coded everything from that moment on.

The way is within. It always has been and always will be. And to see through all the isms and traditions and customs and corruptions including in the bible.

But, despite all of that, Christians are their own religion. The old testament is utilized to reflect the coming of Christ. We don't follow Jewish traditions.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Old Testament laws do not apply to the new law that Jesus brought.

Well this is a typical xtian spout of drivel and certainly goes no way near of giving the OP an honest answer to his question.

At the end of the day it goes like this- xtians eat pork contrary the laws laid down by their god simply because very many of them have never actually ready any of the many bibles in print. Also we can deduce that a huge chunk of xtians don't really believe the nonsense they spout and have cobbled together a make it up as you go along death cult.

It would appear to have been a huge mistake by the early xtians to have saddled themselves with problematic jesus and Yahweh being one and the same being. Obviously the early xtian juju meisters never entertained the thought that their sheeple would one day learn to read and discover the obvious and voluminous bible inconsistencies .

If an xrian wishes to be truly honest not only with others but himself and wishes to know whether or not his god yawhe/jesus changed his mind about eating pig or any other rule he need llok no further than one of the bibles for the answer.

All too often however, xtians are too lazy to read or think for themselves and when they do, often don/t like the answer they get so go running off to Pastor loadsamoney or Reverend for the answer to their problem so they can feel better about doing what they are doing.

So did god the yahwhe jesus god change his mind about eating pigs ? Wle let's see what he has to say shall we -

It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." Luke 16:17

Well there you go then, that settles it, straight from the horses mouth nothing ambiguous as ever simple enough fro the kids at sunday school to understand.

So eating pig just like the ruling against homosexuality is still and always has been a very big No No .

Interestingly enough, another poster mentions something about pig dna being that of human and eating your own kind was also a big yahweh no no.
Which a bit of a joke when we consider that Christianity is often demanding the (albeit an enactment) the eating of the flesh of jesus !!!

Then things get even more insane when we consider that one of the biggest sins against yawhe is the consumption of blood carrying with it the worst penalty penalty of all.
Yet incredibly what do xtians do ? That's right flick their go the finger and guzzle down the glasses of the blood of jesus.

Like I say christianity is nothing but a make it up as you go along death cult and has probably held humanity back a thousand years. thank god it's imploding.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
We don't stone people to death anymore either. Thank God for the New Testament!

But god "still hates fags"

And rational people stopped you
edit on 7-12-2011 by ChristianJihad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This Old Covenant was repealed when Jesus died on the cross in a vision to the Apostle Paul where a sheet came down from heaven and contained these animals that the Jews were not allowed to eat. God told Paul to partake of them and this shows us that now Christians are allowed to eat whatever they desire to eat.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Because it taste good...

that's why.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigwig22

Originally posted by crankyoldman
The question people rarely ask is why you shouldn't eat pork. The most often given answer to those who do answer the question is "it is dirty" but of course with billions eating it that notion makes little to no sense and there are far dirtier things we eat regular - fast food anyone?

The reason for not eating it is that the pig contains human DNA. Those in the know were told not to eat it for that reason - eating one's own is frowned upon in a developed society. Over time that little fact was pushed away for obvious reasons, but the original reason was DNA issues and the possible contamination of the race of beings who were consuming it - fear the DNA would alter the human DNA in ways that could not be controlled.

Ever wonder why the pig is used in experiments concerning human organ replacement?

Did they knew about DNA almost 2000 years ago?

2nd

Obviously not. I dont think they knew about shoe laces, sun screen, patent leather, plastic, kool aid, x-rays, root canals etc. either.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Why do you eat pork, why does anyone eat pork? Because pork is good. I'm really getting sick of these troll christian threads.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Simply because they are not Jewish and are taught by their Church's what it means to be Christian. They read the old testament and see animal sacrifices, stonings and such as barbarism. Savvy? Comprehend yet. We are Christians. I am a Christian who has read countless books on my Church bookshelf and the different points between Catholic Theologians and Protestant and had discussions with many priests and even a university professor priest in my home. Was seriously contemplating becoming a nun in my early 20's for several years, then became a Protestant for a decade more until I choose to become an independent free thinking Christian. But let me tell you, we're not Jews. And there is quite alot of differences between fundamental church's and the mainstream traditional ones. For example, a Fundamental Christian takes the bible literally, believes the fairy tale as it is, usually due to lower IQ, and they may try to wear all the hats in the whole bible, stonings too, thinking God is insane. Catholics, Anglicans, Lutherans, United and Presbyterian all understand the metaphors involved in the Church, though it also depends on the abstract ablities of the minister or priest and you can really get some fundamentalists hidden in the folds too. However, that kind of ideology was discussed in depth in the books on the Catholic Church's bookshelves. I read them all as a teenager and still remember the overall gist of it.

For example in the Catholic bible, the footnotes and companion explain carbon dating, and how the earlier books were actually add ons written later, ie genesis. They're not the oldest books. And were stories with themes, that we could see them as fictional stories with themes but alas they tried to make me believe the author(s) were divinely inspired. Divinely inspired, my backside!!!!! I used my brain and heart when I went to Church and called a spade a spade wherever appropriate. I felt the presence of Spirit in some, not many, of the passages as a child, and always spoke up and said when things were just put in there by the war monglers.

Well I mediate, and trust my own inspiration a lot more than the mangling of ancient traditions reflected in that hijacked account.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Why do you eat pork, why does anyone eat pork? Because pork is good. I'm really getting sick of these troll christian threads.

To avoid feeling sick, avoid Christian threads Troll

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

To avoid feeling sick, avoid Christian threads Troll

Hahaha that was funny, I almost laughed.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
All major current religeons share a common denominator:

A single omnipotent god.
The basic tenants of all faiths are to be good to your fellow man, and honor/worshop god.

Everything beyond that becomes twisted with politics and the hands of man acting both in misguided faith and quest for control of others.

God cannot be proven or disproven. else we would not need "faith".

People who blindly follow the litteral holy text of ANY faith are IMHO, just nuts.
There is some substance to them, and some people can get ALOT out of them,...but they are not meant to be taken in a modern litteral interpretation.
None were never written that way, and they have have been twisted into what we see today.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Read the book in it's entirety.

Jesus came to fulfill the laws. He knew we couldn't follow the law because of our humility. It is through Jesus' sacrifice that the law no longer holds us in bondage.

The New Testmanent does not negate the Old Testament, rather it teaches that certain rulings no longer apply in the age of grace. That does not nullify the OT, it merely states that some rules no longer apply. For example, the OT ruling for adultery is stoning. Yet Jesus Christ himself showed us how to act when he said "let him with no sin cast the first stone." There are many similar verses (for example the verse "it is not what goes into a man's mouth that defiles him, but rather what comes out" which shows that the dietary laws of the OT no longer apply in the age of grace) that tell us which parts of the rules in the OT no longer apply in the age of grace. In many different places in the NT, Jesus Christ shows that Christians, in the age of grace, shoud not follow the legalism of the OT in all its aspects.

edit on 7-12-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I read the entire bible too. Again Christians are not Jews nor do most Churches expect people to take things literally or consider human tradiitons from thousands of years ago, to be fit for civilized humans to follow.

The only thing Christians should be doing, is asking themselves, what would Christ do, would he spank that child? Would he over burden people? Would he endorse pyramid system, economics, banks, would he vote this way or that, does he think going to war is good? Or was he the Male and Female energies, Freedom and Equality/Unity, wedded into one. Of course some of the mystery school fall for the traps of herbs growing in the forests, but they're wrong. Its not something tangible, or real that counts. Its not the props of this illusionary world that counts. Though accessing our pineals is a big part of it, still it never was anything physical. Its always Spirit/Consciousness.

Genesis 32 30

And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Matthew 6:22

But the lamp of the body is the eye; therefore if your eye shall be sound, your whole body also will be illuminated.

Ecclesiastes 12:6

Before the silver cord is loosed, or the golden bowl is broken, or the pitcher is broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

Oh my
Now what is that silver cord all about, and why is the pineal in the bible?

Do you want the truth on the religions that they have used to keep people in ignorance and harming each other?

Its got levels, layers, like an onion. Those with insight, intelligence and the abstract start to seek, more and more, the answers in life.

However, Christ's message is still the way home. But I'd be meditating, accessing your pineal, and attempting to get some answers in lucid dreams and astral projections, because they wouldnt mention the sliver cord if we weren't meant to see it. I know my mother astrally projected all through her childhood and told me alot about seeing that silver cord.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Well this is a typical xtian spout of drivel and certainly goes no way near of giving the OP an honest answer to his question.

Does not go anywhere near answering the OP's question? Huh?

I think it most certainly does answer the question..".Why do Christians eat pork?".

I will simplify it for you though...because there is no reason a Christian should or should not eat anything! There is no law against it...either written or perceived. Other religions...well I guess that if laws apply then fine...but for Christians...no such thing.

That's right flick their go the finger and guzzle down the glasses of the blood of jesus.

Are you implying that when Jesus turned water into wine (by the gallons...) that he was condoning people guzzling his blood by the cup fulls? Nothing your spewing makes any sense...you should move your last post over to the rant forum...thats all I am hearing...nothing legit...just opinion and insults!

Oh yes...one last thing...you may want to capitalize Jesus it is the name of the risen lord...the son of God...just thought I would throw that at you o holy one!
edit on 7-12-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

edit on 7-12-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You're supposed to question and seek. And while the commandments make some sense as similar to common laws and virtues, Christ is the only teacher needed in it. He should be combined with Buddha for some insight.

Did you know early Christians and the early saints believed in reincarnation? That had to be nixed in the bud, after all people might get lax if they thought this was a school and they came in to learn things. Then there are others like me who would never allow anyone to Sully the Love and Goodness or Bear False Testimony against my Spiritual Father/Mother who I remember, by talking about smitings and warrings and eternal hell, because that isn't God/Goodness. And the ones who made these arbitrary decisions answer to everyone for their distortions. And for bearing false witness against Goodness and Love.

Oh, and why not talk about Saturday and Sunday if you're so bent on living the old testament.

Guess what, I'd always: choose the Sun over saturn. Any day of the year. Saturn has horns.

Darren Hayes - Neverland

"Long ago When saturn tried to find a way past the sun Deep inside A little boy is turning pain into fun
The pencils, the crayons, the paint colors run
The plans
Are forming slowly made with scissors and glue
Eyes so wide
He's telling mommy all the things he can do
He'll sketch a contraption to save them for sure"

If you only understood the bible and stopped being little kids who needed whippings in your school. Not everyone in the cosmos or any other universe does, this seems to be a frequency match for those who need to wake up.

I don't need the fairy tale for faith. I have faith in Christ whether he is real/metaphor/both, for He is the intercessor, the Spirit of Peace and Love and the way back home. But the Source of all Goodness still shines no matter what, and inspires us if we seek to perfect and refine our dross into silver and gold.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join