It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christians eat pork ?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Of course, there is no winning. We are not here to compete, really.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

No, no, no. I am not here to cast judgement nor to proclaim any false notions of my superiority over anyone.

The Pharisees and Sadducees had corrupted spiritual truth. Jesus met them head-on to expose their deceit, lies, and corruption.

Mainstream religion, including mainstream Christianity, spreads fear, blind ignorance, separation, control, and religious superiority. I seek to do as Jesus did by confronting the corruption and lies of mainstream religion. Spiritual truth transcends religious ideology.

Pork is not the issue. The issue is exposing the fact that mainstream Christianity and the Bible have undergone exceptional corruption. By attacking religious lies, I hope to allow people to open their eyes and to unify with their fellow human on levels that are impossible by the separation and superiority caused by religion.

After all, religion means "to tie down" or "to bind."

edit on 12/7/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

We are not here to compete, really.

Really? I don't want to disagree...but I am going to...

Ones persons perspective on what is right and wrong compared to another's...with emphasis on religion...sounds like competition to me.

How would eating pork in the end times fit in anyones book...survival or death...how does that fit into religion? Am I damned if I eat pork...who's to say?

See what I mean?

Lost argument...depends on what you believe!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Sahabi

That's the arrow of Christ consciousness.

Do you love God (of your own understanding)?

Jesus said to Love God with all your heart and all your soul is the greatest commandment. He said the next greatest commandment is to Love your neighbor as yourself. I fully agree with Jesus on this point.

I love God with all my heart and all my soul according to my understanding of who/what God is.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Lose win, all subjective, and as all punishment I have taken, I would gladly say you win....but my computer corrected me so many times it isn't even reasonable anymore.....do you get it??......it isn't even up to you and me anymore and whatever we believe. And I really hope you get it, because that is the only hope we have left, that YOU get it, so you know what to think and what to do next,

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

No you are not damned by what you eat if you have no choice and/or do not know what is going on, but something is going and do you just want to ignore it, pretend, compete about the rightness of it or obfuscate it, and couch it in other terms and use the bible to justify it as gods word and so you are sanctimonious within it ior what??

edit on 7-12-2011 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50

No you are not damned by what you eat if you have no choice and/or do not know what is going on, but something is going and do you just want to ignore it, pretend, compete about the rightness of it or obfuscate it, and couch it in other terms and use the bible to justify it as gods word and so you are sanctimonious within it ior what??

edit on 7-12-2011 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

So that I might understand...I can eat sinful food as long as I don't know they are sinful...and in the event of great need my family can survive on sin as long as there is no other option?

I won't be dammed because that is all there was to eat...but any other time...damnation could be at my front door?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I dont know , are you? Am I a judge of you and what you provide for your family...no. And are you of me and my daughter? No. But let me ask this, this way, instead: do you live off the cannabalization of me or my life, or anyone's life--let's not bring our family's into it, as I wish not to judge your children, nor you judge mine, as if you live by that word, our sins should not be transferred to our children.

And in times of survival, would you acquiesce in this way, or just judge me and mine to be pork as it suited you to.....get what I'm saying? What exactly is pork? And what makes you more worthy of survival than what you judge to be that animal to support your survivability and not its?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50
I dont know , are you? Am I a judge of you and what you provide for your family...no. And are you of me and my daughter? No. But let me ask this, this way, instead: do you live off the cannabalization of me or my life, or anyone's life--let's not bring our family's into it, as I wish not to judge your children, nor you judge mine, as if you live by that word, our sins should not be transferred to our children.

And in times of survival, would you acquiesce in this way, or just judge me and mine to be pork as it suited you to.....get what I'm saying? What exactly is pork? And what makes you more worthy of survival than what you judge to be that animal to support your survivability and not its?

HUH?

I think you missed it...I was not asking about you and your specifically...jeez!

I was speaking metaphorically...supposing...get what I am saying?

Are you more worthy of survival than me....well I don't make that decision thankfully...but judging has not been my strong point in life.

I am guess you miss understood me...and for that I apologize...it was hypothetical in nature..not personal!

edit on 7-12-2011 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Private:

I did not know that you were uneducated and without sense...my bad...I will keep things more civil!

No need to send this u2u... You think this of me, have the balls to call me this publicly. Thereby I can be branded an idiot in front of everyone. If you are going to insult, then you should do so in front of everyone.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

But you sure got personal without hesitation, didn't you? Even when I suggested I wasn't judging you, either.
Yep. I am real stupid and uneducated. Sorry my stupidity was so offensive to you.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Nope sorry no cannibal here, Im a chef thats loves all types of food from a good hearty Etouffee from New Orleans, to the traditional french beef Wellington...mmmmm foie gras
. I would make a poor chef if I didnt accept food from all places as ingrediants on my culinary paniters pallet.

Religon.....I thought we are the product of aliens????

...ya know humans probably taste pretty good

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
reply to post by sacgamer25

Jesus Christ said in Matthew that He came to uphold the law, not abolish it.
There is no old or new law

No, it doesn't say that.

Matthew 5:17 -

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

It says he came to fulfill the law, not uphold it.

When you get a check, you don't "uphold" or save it, nor do you "abolish" or throw it away. You CASH it, and then the check goes elsewhere, not out of existence, just elsewhere, and it's no longer your problem. You have the cash it represented instead. You no longer need that check, but someone has it.

In the case of the Levitical Law, it appears that the Muslims have taken over the Christians hand-me-down Law.

So muslims and jews can't eat certain stuff. Christians eat whatever they damn well please. They no longer have to keep up with the check - they have the cash.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMur

Not trying to insult you, but I do pity the goose on your pallet. Hope you don't paint me as you wish to conceive whatever to put in your pot next. But don't mind me. I have been told I am uneducated and no one should judge the stupid among us. Carry on. Eat whatever you damn well please. After all, if you can kill it, control it or present a case it's just less viable than you because you won the attack on it, it's fair game, right? And we all need jobs to survive, so I should have never offered an opinion here.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

But you sure got personal without hesitation, didn't you? Even when I suggested I wasn't judging you, either.

No offense taken...I simply tried to suggest that you not get personal...you failed!

No surprise...things like this always bring out the best in people!

edit on 7-12-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Bacon is yummy. But I'm not a christian, so I can eat whatever I want.

Very thought provoking OP, sam, can't wait for the next installment of "Why Christians?" Very clever.

(They do a good job of justifying themselves!)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMur
...ya know humans probably taste pretty good

Funny you say that chef, I remember going into emergency after cutting myself pretty bad in the kitchen...and having been in service all day I had not eaten, so naturally I was hungry...the smell of the doctor cauterizing my finger had the aroma of crispy bacon and made me crave for it LOL

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I forget the chapter and verse (or for that matter, which book it's in), but I remember somewhere in the New Testament a story about Peter (I think...) having a vision and seeing all kinds of "unclean" animals and hearing God tell him to eat. Paul (or whoever) refused, and God told him that it was okay to eat the "unclean" animals. This was also a message that it was okay to go and minister to the Gentiles. At the time it was considered wrong to associate with the Gentiles.

Now I don't read my Bible as often as I should, but the way I understood God telling Peter (or whoever) that it was okay to eat "unclean" animals, meant it was okay to eat "unclean" animals (which included swine).

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Peter himself explains what this vision (Acts 10:9) meant, found in Acts 10:28 & onwards.

He said to them: “You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean..."

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

LOL you have made my day!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join