It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christians eat pork ?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Thank you for pointing out that distinction between Christianity and Paulism. I wasn't aware of it.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If all of humanity would stop supporting lies and injustice, and would only take the few teachings and philosophies that encourage passing the tests of love here, the Highest Frequencies only in their faiths, maybe even combined them all in spiritual but non religious journals and stopped giving money and support to these illegal, fraudalent, murderous and criminal liars and exhortinists, while they have their bloody secrets. And we used all our donations to feed the poor, and arrested these guys. We'd have a decent world.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Not trying to insult or start an argument.......if your mother was your enemy, would you eat her flesh? I know this is horrible, but the God of the text you are all arguing about in that scripture spoke of dashing children's heads against rocks, and telling the "elect" they would feast on the flesh of their enemies...... I have read this scribe, cover to cover...used to love the idea there was something in life to seek after and venerate and study and be worthy of.....
edit on 7-12-2011 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
For the ones who do not understand why some Christians eat pork

I do not understand why Muslins and Jews keep causing pain to innocent animals

External Link

Bible Question: Is it a sin for a Christian to eat pig's meat?

Bible Answer: Many different products are made from pig's meat: ham, bacon, sausage, pork chops, pork ribs, and pork loin to name a few. Pork is eaten by many people, but it is prohibited among those of the Islamic and the Jewish faiths. There are other people who do not eat pig's meat either, because they believe the Old Testament dietary laws are still in effect today.
Old Testament Laws. There are several previous questions and answers that we would encourage you to read before you continue. The first one is "What Old Testament Laws Can We Ignore?" and the second one is "Could Jesus, as a faithful Jew, eat turkey?" In the Old Testament, God had told the Jewish people that they could not eat a variety of foods, including pork. This is clear from the following passage in Leviticus.
The LORD spoke again to Moses and to Aaron, saying to them, “Speak to the sons of Israel, saying, ‘These are the creatures which you may eat from all the animals that are on the earth. Whatever divides a hoof, thus making split hoofs, and chews the cud, among the animals, that you may eat. Nevertheless, you are not to eat of these, among those which chew the cud, or among those which divide the hoof: the camel, for though it chews cud, it does not divide the hoof, it is unclean to you. Likewise, the shaphan, for though it chews cud, it does not divide the hoof, it is unclean to you; the rabbit also, for though it chews cud, it does not divide the hoof, it is unclean to you; and the pig, for though it divides the hoof, thus making a split hoof, it does not chew cud, it is unclean to you. (NASB) Lev. 11:1-8

New Testament Laws. In the New Testament, God changed the rules because they were no longer necessary. Jesus' birth, death, and return to life changed everything. Major portions of the old Mosaic Law, such as the sacrifices, were no longer in effect. The dietary laws were changed, and God indicated this to the Apostle Peter during a dream. The event is recorded in the book of Acts.
. . . Peter . . . fell into a trance; and he saw the sky opened up, and an object like a great sheet coming down, lowered by four corners to the ground, and there were in it all kinds of four-footed animals and crawling creatures of the earth and birds of the air. A voice came to him, “Get up, Peter, kill and eat!” But Peter said, “By no means, Lord, for I have never eaten anything unholy and unclean.” Again a voice came to him a second time, “What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.” (NASB) Acts 10:9-15

The message was clear. These foods were no longer to be considered unholy. They were now clean. Not only were foods such as pig, shrimp, crab, and other sea foods now clean, but Gentiles were clean too!

Conclusion: God had sent Peter this vision about the foods to let him know that “What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.” If God changes the rules, then it is okay. The Jews had made many rules that violated God's desires. One of the rules they had created said that Gentiles were unclean. Later, in Acts 10, God also showed the Apostle Peter that Gentiles were not unclean either. In fact, they never were. Peter discovered two very amazing truths. Both Gentiles and all types of foods were not unholy. Both were okay. God loves both Jews and Gentiles and He enjoys giving us good things.

Source :www.neverthirsty.org...

I would be more concerned regarding : Women Rights, Stoning Freedom of Speech, Freedom to openly practice ones Religion .......

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Again.....

Jesus Brought A message to all mankind....

Gen. iii. 17-
19:
And to Adam he said,
‘Because you have listened to the voice of your wife,
and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you,
“You shall not eat of it,”
cursed is the ground because of you;
in toil you shall eat of it all the days of your life;
thorns and thistles it shall bring forth to you;
and you shall eat the plants of the field.
In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread
till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken;
you are dust, and to dust you shall return.’

Why does everyone eat Apples?

See beyond the pork.... is not the animal is the condition of the meat... dirty....

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ironsavior

And what if you did not need to eat?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

If I did not need to eat... I would not eat.... To eat is a Human need at least for 99 percent
of population

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Jesus Christ is processed spiritual food for our enjoyment, from above, from what is incomprehensible and unfathomable to what "groks" most fully in koinonia.

"I have food you know nothing about."

Some of us know Lord, some of us have opened our spiritual mouth and have eaten a piece of you, and drank the water from your mouth.

Some cannot understand, at present, WTH we're even talking about, so they start threads like this, which make it to the top page of ATS, but that's ok, because it allows for the conversation to continue, and that's a good thing, so yay to Christian pork eating being a religious Christian conspiracy that everyone wants to talk about!
I don't mind..

Personally I like stweet and sour pork with fried rice, yum.

edit on 7-12-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Research where the story of Santa and the reindeer came from, it was not Holland, but Siberia. And why did they give Rudolf a red shiny nose? Its related to manna and moses.

Search. Seek!!!! Learn.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Search seek learn The ancient Egyptians did not keep( and feed) up to 2 million jew/hebre slaves 300000 armed warrior types, at a time when the Egyptian population would barely have been 3 million.

Moses, Exodus +fiction

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I am a Christian, a Buddhist, a Muslim, a Jew, a Luciferian, an Occultist, an Agnostic, a Gnostic, and an Atheist. I have not come to convert, I am only here to spread truth about the spiritual corruption that leads to the religious systems of control, fear, ignorance, and separation.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by tetra50

I am a Christian, a Buddhist, a Muslim, a Jew, a Luciferian, an Occultist, an Agnostic, a Gnostic, and an Atheist. I have not come to convert, I am only here to spread truth about the spiritual corruption that leads to the religious systems of control, fear, ignorance, and separation.

That's pretty good, but what are you FOR? Curious..

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

And what does that mean? Will you judge us by our need to eat or what we eat, as that is the source of this debate? Or are you better than all of us and every breath we must take to survive and thereby be condemned just for our survivng?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
YUM YUM!!

Braised pork ribs, pulled pork, bacon, pork chops...whats not to like, yeah its unfortunate that the swine has a bad rap, but there are many farms that keep there pig farms in clean order. Its probubly not the best idea to consume a triple decker burger layered with a half pound of bacon twice a day but it sure does taste great!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

So, and what are you then? And do you seek anesthetization for your pain or does that not affect you either?
Really wanting to know your secret so I can be pure too... Not sarcasm

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

You failed to acknowledge or disprove my reply to you. Circumcision, unclean food, Saturday Sabbath... what did Lord God say about these issues? What were Jesus' actions in regards to these issues? Lastly, take note of Paul and his disciple Luke contradicting Lord God and Jesus.

I see well beyond issues of doctrine and dogma. I see the foundational corruption of Christ's message from Paul, Luke, Emperor Constantine, the councils of Nicaea, and the councils of Carthage.

Peace unto you.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Council of nicea? That's how I spotted to reply to you. Our texts and dogma and supposed morality has been brought in line to support the false over the true, and in the end prop up and celebrate what was false to malign any possible truth

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Just a quick thanks to ATS for finally moving this thread...it was getting ridiculous!

There is no way to win...or counter a religious state of mind...not yet anyway!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I am for Love, Forgiveness, Understanding, Acceptance, Unity, Harmony, and Happiness. I am for the spreading of Light in order to triumph over the separation caused by the rivalries induced by mainstream religion, politics, wealth, caste, social status, and genetics. I am for helping, caring, and sacrificing for others.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

That's the arrow of Christ consciousness.

Do you love God (of your own understanding)?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMur

I would like to call you a cannibal... It is rude but true. Is there any refuge for those who speak truth? Probably not. But in the context of what is written here, for you to respond that way with all we know today, you must be. If you are, I would ask that you cease with the games, at least, so there is some possibility of debate within your current belief structure, or justification principles

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join