It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christians eat pork ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberboiraves

Originally posted by Cyberboiraves
reply to post by tinfoilman

I will reply with I dnt really care with what that book says. It would be nice if people didnt taint what I am sure it was intended to teach but at this point its a joke. And what I put in my mouth is not foul if you must know...lol..I have standards..lol. Excuse me mods if this was over the top..

Doesn't care what the Bible has to say. Enters thread asking why Christians eat pork? Make sense? No.
edit on 7-12-2011 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

Well..you know..know thy enemy and all..Just kidding there..I actually do not have hate in my heart for any person of any faith,race, political belief, monetary status or sexual orientation...I love to learn and I seek out knowledge and I choose to apply what i do know to deny people of ignorance. I just happened to see some misleading comments in this thread and choose to address them with my opinion. No big problem there. Take a chill moment... Its not a BFD moment.lol

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberboiraves

Don't you all forget the reason for the flood, it was that Horus was so horrified that his people of his promised land would lower themselves to the eating of the flesh , being he supplied the gnome for the pig, and it is indistinguishable from humans when cooked, and this is what was going on, the eating of human flesh and not pork, and is to this day the reason you will find no pork in the middle east being eaten, as you cannot tell the difference, between human and pork

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Pork is so tasty.

The bible is written by many deluded people.

And...no more reasons.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

swine is good and bacon is good for me... jesus was a great man but people got to eat to live...and if god forgives who cares what you eat along the way.. if you had to pick between death and swine what would you pick?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

THe Bible only prohibits the eating of pork in the old testament. After the birth, death, and resurrection (depending on what you believe) of Jesus most OT laws didnt apply. The laws in the OT were either there to atone for the sins of people before all the above stated Jesus events or were in place to ensure hygiene. The swine law happens to be the latter and if you look in the NT there is no law against eating pork.

NT - New Testament
OT - Old Testament

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Yes, i love my pork and bacon a and crackling but I always, make it my business to make sure of it origin, being I am present when it is slaughter, or do it myself, or from a trusted friend, but where in the middle east could you find such testimony, so they knowing full well there own failings, trust no one, there buy erring on the safe side of being serton, you cannot blame them , can you

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I love bacon sarnies

Was it not because it gos off in hot weather? Lots of people got sick so they said avoid eating it.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
God loves us, and doesn't want to keep anything that is good from us...

The clean/unclean designations, (given first to Noah), are in place to protect us.
Just because something is tasty, don't mean it's healthy.

Christ's death on the cross and subsequent resurrection, didn't magically make unhealthy food good for us.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Those are intersting questions. Interesting thread. I have a question too. What is your motivation for such an interest in what "Christians" are or are not doing? In this thread it's what they are supposedly not to eat.

You state in the thread title why Christians eat pork? But you never give an answer. Why don't you give one?

Instead you quote the old testament and miss the other half of the coin that would explain it.

So do you know what I am talking about?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Basically the answer is the same reason why Christians also eat shellfish and work on Saturdays (Sabbath), because Christians don't consider themselves under the Old Covenant (Old Testament law). This is why you will often see Christians cherry pick out the parts of the Old Testament they like while ignoring the parts they don't. Fundamentalists, for instance, will take seriously verses in Leviticus which call homosexuality an abomination BUT they will ignore mandates like those found in Deuteronomy 22, where you are told to stone your daughter to death if she turns out NOT to be a virgin on her wedding night.

It's the reason why Christians will praise the Ten Commandments and memorize the psalms but ignore the passages in Exodus where God condones slavery and actually tells Moses directly about the regulations of said slavery.

It's what's known as a double-standard and while not all Christians use it, it is a common tactic of the Fundamentalists to use the Old Testament to support positions while ignoring the horrible evil God the Old Testament depicts and the absolutely barbaric moral code the Old Testament sets up.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyLiner
God loves us, and doesn't want to keep anything that is good from us...

The clean/unclean designations, (given first to Noah), are in place to protect us.
Just because something is tasty, don't mean it's healthy.

Christ's death on the cross and subsequent resurrection, didn't magically make unhealthy food good for us.

Well son I have news for you and every one that thinks this way, Christ is a cimmeranian way to describe the Christopher
being shortened to in English as Chris, but in cermmerian Arabic is shortened to Christ but with a T on ite end, being Christ , being Christopher was the son of Horus , who stayed behind to seal the Pyramid, and was crusertfied for doing so

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
To my understanding, "Christ" means "The Messiah." Jesus Christ ='s Jesus the Messiah.
John 1:41 - The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, "We have found the Messiah" (that is, the Christ).

To rephrase:
Jesus' death on the cross and subsequent resurrection, didn't magically make unhealthy food good for us.

- And to add:
The clean/unclean designation that was 1st given to Noah; predates Judaism, Moses, & the 10 Commandments.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

watch this

The New Testament trumps the Old Testament or should I say... Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
The question people rarely ask is why you shouldn't eat pork. The most often given answer to those who do answer the question is "it is dirty" but of course with billions eating it that notion makes little to no sense and there are far dirtier things we eat regular - fast food anyone?

The reason for not eating it is that the pig contains human DNA. Those in the know were told not to eat it for that reason - eating one's own is frowned upon in a developed society. Over time that little fact was pushed away for obvious reasons, but the original reason was DNA issues and the possible contamination of the race of beings who were consuming it - fear the DNA would alter the human DNA in ways that could not be controlled.

Ever wonder why the pig is used in experiments concerning human organ replacement?

I would say this is the most logical reason. Hell, look at a pig's skin. They say they are waaayy smarter than dogs too.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
Christians eat pork because they are not Christians at all. They are in fact Paulians!!!

These Paulians allow the words, ideas, and 'visions' of Saul of Tarsus (Apostle Paul) to supercede the words of Lord God and Jesus Christ.

edit on 12/6/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

What are you talking about. You have to elaborate a whole lot more after making a statement like that. Never have even heard of that.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

holy pig!!! i practice magick,and i've been 'stoned to death' on more than a few occasions!

and by my gods grace,pork chops taste so damn good!
nothing like a christmas swine to usher in the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya i'm a dink!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Because God created pigs same as everything else I'll eat whatever I want if it doesn't kill me. And lest you forget the passages against eating pork are found in Leviticus and dueteronomy -books given and written largely to andby the Jews- Jesus disciples in Acts 15 also do not agree that pork should be abstained from onlt the meat of strangled animals.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

ya! preach it brother! don't forget-pauline christians are holier yhan thou!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

The words of paul and the words of jesus don't exactly line up if you really look. In summary

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join