It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christians eat pork ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
i guess a brief history lesson is in order why the Torah forbids pork.
the flu comes from pigs,back in the day,you get sick and die. plus you spread it all over the village,and they die.
if you don't cook pig correctly,you get sick and die,along with anyone else who ate it.
the fat content of this animal will shurely give you a heartattack.
they are very pissed off animals that don't think twice about attacking you.
mudd is their bed.
they breed like rabbits(australia!)and population control would be a problem
all said,i think the biblical author was on to something!
thank God and Jesus that we have genetically modified food to fatten up the pigs,and rediculously small pens to rear them,that now its ok to eat pig meat!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Well then...if the laws of the old testament still apply...I need to go sacrifice a sheep at the alter and offer it up for my sins!

While I'm at it...I think I'll pick up a few more wifes...and send the Romans some of my long overdue taxes...my family hasn't paid them in like 2000 years...they are going to be pissed!

Come on people...the old testament and the life, death and resurrection of Christ made the old testament history not law!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
just woke up so i cant say to much yet..Im a christian and i dont eat pork or shell fish..Now i dont eat the pork to be as clean as i can..Even though in this time of age it is allowed..If you call it a sin it is ,if you dont call it a sin it isnt..Something like that..Just woke up....Now when i use to eat pork i would swell..Loved the taste but want good for the body..

Now i dont eat shell fish as well..Im just simply allergic to it..Love it v\but cant eat it...That is also a old testament sin as well..These things are unclean for our bodies..Our bodies dont like it..We might but our bodies dont......

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein

Originally posted by crankyoldman
The question people rarely ask is why you shouldn't eat pork. The most often given answer to those who do answer the question is "it is dirty" but of course with billions eating it that notion makes little to no sense and there are far dirtier things we eat regular - fast food anyone?

The reason for not eating it is that the pig contains human DNA. Those in the know were told not to eat it for that reason - eating one's own is frowned upon in a developed society. Over time that little fact was pushed away for obvious reasons, but the original reason was DNA issues and the possible contamination of the race of beings who were consuming it - fear the DNA would alter the human DNA in ways that could not be controlled.

Ever wonder why the pig is used in experiments concerning human organ replacement?

I would say this is the most logical reason. Hell, look at a pig's skin. They say they are waaayy smarter than dogs too.

There is no proof or way to know if pigs are any smarter than dogs or even a gold fish or stripped bass. Look at how smart a tiny fish is compared to its brain size. It knows when to eat, where to find food, when to hide from danger, pigs do not show much, if any, more intelligence than a little fish. The main difference is humans can interact much more with land animals.

DNA is a great scientific discovery but we have only scratched the surface. Even when they say "chimps share x amount of DNA with humans"... that is what we know about and are aware of and that much has shown to very precise.

www.answersingenesis.org...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Pigs "have the cognitive ability to be quite sophisticated. Even more so than dogs and certainly [more so than] three-year-olds," says Dr. Donald Broom, a Cambridge University professor and a former scientific advisor to the Council of Europe.(1) Pigs can play video games, and when given the choice, they have indicated temperature preferences.(2)
reply to post by Malcher

Link

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I love pulled pork with Eastern North Carolina sauce.

I am a Christian/Catholic and a proud Infidel according to Islamic teachings.

Interesting. A popular Easter tradition in my Catholic neck of the woods is the consumptions of small batch homemade Kielbasa/Kolbász. It's made with PORK. Yum Yum.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

In the New Covenant all things are made clean. Thats why ham is so tasty!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9

Pigs "have the cognitive ability to be quite sophisticated. Even more so than dogs and certainly [more so than] three-year-olds," says Dr. Donald Broom, a Cambridge University professor and a former scientific advisor to the Council of Europe.(1) Pigs can play video games, and when given the choice, they have indicated temperature preferences.(2)
reply to post by Malcher

Link

That just confirms what i already said. If you bribe animals with food they can learn to do many things. Given enough time a squirrel would move that joystick around for a treat.

I am very close to becoming a vegetarian but still when it comes to meat my preference is beef. I will tell you, in all seriousness, it is very difficult to feed large populations with only vegetables. For that matter there is a good chance humans would not be here if not for eating meat.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
i am not christian, did read the bible thought, since i think it helps to understand where the christian culture comes from.

Being a vegetarian, i would expand the the question to;

" Why do christians eat meat at all"
As I remember the ten commandements are quite a big set of rules for the christians.
One of these states: "Thou shalt not kill." And i did not see any small print mentioning that killing animals is OK.
It s "Thou shalt not kill." So in my view it would be neither people, or animals or any other being which, according to christian faith are gods creation.

What's the view of christians on this ?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This Christian does not eat pork. I don't eat Kosher or Halal, but I do follow, in a general way, the food laws given to Moses, and I think I understand them on a deep level. It all boils down to avoiding eating bottom feeders, scavengers, and carnivores, thus, eating toward the bottom of the food chain, where toxins are less concentrated. The health laws were there for a reason, and were not just merely ceremonial. It may or may not be a sin to eat pork, but it is not a good idea. I recall that in the Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type diets, pork is not allowed for ANY blood type.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I will make these points very simply and they are not meant to cause arguement this is simply an observation:

WWJD What Would Jesus Do

Christains use this phrase loosely and apply it to many areas of their lives on a daily bases, but what I ask all christians to do is really look at that phrase and what it says. The best way to know "What Jesus Would Do" is by observing What he acually DID!

What Jesus did every year of his live as a physical being:

- Kept all the annual Sabbaths (Holy Days) commanded by God through Moses as recorded in Exodus. These Days are traslated into English as Passover, Unleavened Bread, Pentecost, Trumpets, Atonement, Feast of Tabernacles and The Last Great Day. This is how he worshipped his father God Almighty, this is "what Jesus did".

- Kept a 7th day Sabbath (sunset Friday night to sunset Saturday night). This was the day of the week Jesus Christ worshipped his Father. Sunday worship is something Jesus Christ NEVER did.

- Obeyed the dietary laws of Leviticus. Jesus Christ NEVER ate any pork and would not even touch it, no shrimp, no clams, no lobster, no crab. This is what Jesus Chrsit did while alive on Earth.

What chritians today do in live:

- Keep Christmas and Easter (pagan feastivals dedicated to the sun god/winter solstice and fertility goddess Eastar)

- Keep Sunday as their day of worship a day named for the god it represents SUNday is the day dedicated to the sun god.

- Eat whatever they want including pork, shrimp, crab, lobster etc.

Conclusion:
I ask all christians to simply answer these two questions in truth. What would Jesus actually do reguarding the eating of pork? And since scripture states "let this mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus" and Jesus' actions are a result of his thoughts (mind). Shouldn't you do the actions Jesus did in order to learn to think more like him?

All the rest of the responses justifing why christians eat pork are just that, human reasoning given to them by their church leaders that was just convincing enough in their minds to justify donig what it is they always wanted to do... That is not do what God says and instead do what they want.

"Full well you reject the COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, that you may keep your own tradition...making the word of God of none effect through your tradtition." Mark 7

God Bless

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Also, those animals are responding to simple triggers. Could be colors, could be movement etc. They do the same exact thing when looking\hunting for food. A fish swims by another fish and they eat it they are going by the color, sahpe or movement or some combination of those to know if it is on their menu. Its not like they are teaching these animals to write a novel. They are thinking though. Just like when a beaver builds a damn it is definitely thinking or a bird builds a nest. Does this mean they are smarter than a pig or a lamb who do not build there own shelters? They look for natural pre-made shelters. I am not a biologist though so just going by what i already know.

Do wild horses build shelters? Not that i am aware of. Does not mean they are less intelligent than a shelter building animal? Not that i am aware of and really have no reason to believe otherwise. It is just not what they do. I would say intelligence differences are minimal.

Animals seem to be hardwired for certain tasks but there is deviation from those hardwired paths. If a bird had no common\preferred (to them) material for a nest they have the brain power to improvise. Perhaps they will build the nest from scraps of paper. This is due to necessity.

One thing that always amazed me is the intelligence of fish due their tiny brain size, maybe the size of a match stick but can you honeslty say an elephant is smarter than a guppy?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed. (Leviticus 20:15-16). I guess you should kill the animal since they were willing participants. Are they crazy?

Seriously you have to ask?

I don't want no pork batch that's been jizzed in!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Nowadays we have refrigeration,
Without refrigeration, Pork goes "off" in a couple of hours in hot climates.
It really is as simple as that.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Why eat the swine ??

Jesus said it best:

Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”

Don't worry about what you eat, worry about what you do and say. That's the message of Jesus. Quit fretting over the Leviticus laws, that's not the path to God. Jesus preached this over and over again.

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’”

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Well the main reason it tastes GOOD yum yum , the other I am lucky I don't let a book of fairy tales rule my life thats the problem with any religion!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
the problem is people think Jesus was a Christian when he was a Jew.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Sorry my Christian friends, I had another question about the religion of Jesus.
I still try to understand things about your faith. Jesus certainly didn't eat pig.
The bible prohibits it's consumption, and yet most Christian eat it.

Again, I thought Christians were supposed to be "Jesus like".
So why not be more like Jesus ?
Why eat the swine ??

The Bible
prohibits the consumption of pork, in the book of Leviticus

“And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth
not the cud; he is unclean to you”.

“Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch,
they are unclean to you.” [Leviticus 11:7-8]

Pork is also prohibited in the Bible in the book of Deuteronomy

“And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud,
it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their
dead carcass.” [Deuteronomy 14:8]

And remember, you are what you eat ...

Maybe because jesus was made up.... And that goes for Muhammad too. Both were made up to control the masses. What a coincidence they both came from the jewish faith..mmm??

Who cares what people eat in today's world. Its irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Read first Timothy, one through four, nuf'said.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join