It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christians eat pork ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Why people eat it? We eat it because it's delicious.......Just talking about pork makes me hungry......Favorite sandwich is from Slows Bar BQ, The Triple Threat - Applewood Bacon, Pulled Pork and Ham stacked high.....yummmmm

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Um those are the old testament. You do understand why one is called and the other is called new don't you? Lame...
edit on 7-12-2011 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Because with the advent of something called Science we figured out as to why Pork was considered bad for us....

Jews especially take note. For it displays how times have changed with knowledge.

It's called Trichinosis, also called trichinellosis, or trichiniasis, is a parasitic disease caused by eating raw or undercooked pork or wild game infected with the larvae of a ...

This also applies to Fowl with Salmonella....cooking kills this bacteria and parasites.

That in a nutshell is what the Bible was warning us about which we fully understand but as a result of Science we now understand the Truth.

Which the Bible due to the limited scope of it's intended audience at the time, could not.

If we had an updated version of the Bible it might read a little like this...

Thou shalt acquiesce a Kitchen Range or Propane Grill with ample Fire there within and ye shall sear thy Fowl and Swine thoroughly !

Before sharing with thy Wife and Children ....

Peace

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Really, im not religious at all, but your obviously blatently bashing christians... I mean do you think were actually all stupid enough to not see the condesation in your question? Mods do you not see this either?

I could just as easily ask why jewsish people only eat kosher meat, or why hindus dont eat cows, but those would be stupid pointless questions everyone already knows the answer too...

So are you really that stupid that you dont know? Or just an asshole who wants to pick on others for there beleifs? Your only one or the other, but i think we all know which one, even if you dont see it.

Like i said, i dont beleive in god or any religion, but i do believe your a un-tolerant waiste of human skin. GTFO you piece of crap biggot.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The whole notion that pork was forbidden because it was too potentially dangerous to eat is absurd. It's no more inherently dangerous than any other food if it's properly prepared, and here you have an entire book full of food preparation rules to follow.

It really has more to do with some backward tribe's foolish and superstitious notion of what is "clean" and what is "unclean." That's why people in India are perfectly okay with eating pork, while they avoid cattle. People are stupid and ignorant. That's the primary reason.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
To understand the OP's reason, one must understand the evolution and progress of the human race.

In our ancient past, our ancestors were only babies, with no concept of dietry habits to ensure good health, and thus divine dietry laws were made to help our ancestors, which today we realize the truth of it, and had saved many human lives, thanks to such laws which was written down and accepted by the 3 great religions on Earth - jews, christians, muslims.

As babies can only be fed with baby food, but when we grow up, we will need more sustenance than baby food alone, so long as we do not take it in excess, just like wine. Our advancement and progression in science had proven that both white and red meat is necessary to our well being and health, and never to be excessive.

The resource of Earth, with both animals and plants, are meant as sustenance for human life. Thus, as growing up children, we eat such resources, but not in excess, and are thankful for its sustenance for us all.

Rules are meant as guidance, and must always be taken in context of the time it was meant for, and never to be rigidly held forever, espacially dietry and other sub category civilisational laws, for mankind must advance and progress to fulfill our divine manifest destiny - to the stars.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Here is the quoted word of Jesus and the Law of Moses:

"Love the Lord your God with all of your heart and with all of your soul and with all of your mind." this is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: "Love your neighbor as yourself." All the Law and the prophets hang on these two commandments. Matthew 22:37-40

Jesus did not end the law, but fulfilled it. This is why Christ-followers and those who walk in faith with God get grace.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
Sorry my Christian friends, I had another question about the religion of Jesus.
I still try to understand things about your faith. Jesus certainly didn't eat pig.
The bible prohibits it's consumption, and yet most Christian eat it.

Again, I thought Christians were supposed to be "Jesus like".
So why not be more like Jesus ?
Why eat the swine ??

The Bible
prohibits the consumption of pork, in the book of Leviticus

“And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth
not the cud; he is unclean to you”.

“Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch,
they are unclean to you.” [Leviticus 11:7-8]

Pork is also prohibited in the Bible in the book of Deuteronomy

“And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud,
it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their
dead carcass.” [Deuteronomy 14:8]

And remember, you are what you eat ...

The Christian Holy Bible has the Old Testimate-pre Jesus which you are quoting from, also Christian has Jesus story new testimates, his walk through crucifiction. The Christians of the protestant link doninately follow new testimate, occasionally teach some old testimate. As for eating swine I don't recall it being written in the new estimates, therefore the Christians have a sorta wiggle area to do as they please. I was raised protestant side Southern Baptist from 3days old through 23 years old, then I saw differently. Know I pray to God and if it is Gods will I shall find a new faith. But I try to stay away from the..,.. Oh never mind peace to you.
edit on 7-12-2011 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The forbidden fruit was not a fruit, it was a bacon sandwich.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman

Ever wonder why the pig is used in experiments concerning human organ replacement?

Ever heard the term "long pig"?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Christians are their own religion. They are now Jewish. The old testament is only a testament to the coming of Christ. They have their New Testament scriptures attesting to eating taboos. In fact to be perfectly honest, they should be quoting from old testament at all. And only ask, what Christ would do in any moment and situation. Because even they seem to get misled by their preachers a lot.

An eye for an eye.

Christ said, "you may have heard of an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth, but I tell you this...."

Matthew 15; 1-16

Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”

Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’[a] and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’ But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’ they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.”

Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”
Then the disciples came to him and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”

He replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

Peter said, “Explain the parable to us.”

“Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”

Acts 10:9-17
About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."
"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean."
The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."

Everything has to do with Spirit and Mind/Consciousness. Nothing in this dreamscape school, not beards ,nor props, nor tools, nor temples, or anything physical has any answers.

The only thing we need do is seek within, and as our consciousness raises we refine as if silver and gold our ability to harm. For some that will mean giving up red meat or all flesh of living creatures but that was never required either, being cruelty free as much as possible was.

Unfortunately TPTB have put a lot of poisons and contaminated the meat in the stores.

edit on 7-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Matthew 12:34
Brood of vipers, how can you speak good things, while you are wicked? Because of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
Mark 7:15
There is nothing that comes from outside the man who enters it, which can defile, but the things that come out of the man, are those that defile the man. "
Ephesians 4:29
No words could do out of your mouth, but a word that is good to build when it is necessary for it to communicate to those who hear what is favorable.
1 Timothy 4:4)
Indeed, all God's creation is beautiful, and nothing to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving,
Jacques 3:6
Well, the tongue is a fire. Language is made ​​up world of injustice among our members, because it stains the whole body and burn up the wheel of life on earth, and is ignited by hell.

Permission to eat any animal came after the death of Christ and has been updated to more clearly driven by the Apostles through the Holy Spirit.

I say the Apostles Paul and not only. Indeed, it was Peter who first became entitled to a first revelation, and at the Jerusalem conference (with Jacques, Peter ...) prohibitions were lifted.
Only dirt, idols, misconduct, strangled, and blood are still banned.

This is translated from a French site, but it seems quite accurate.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
The question people rarely ask is why you shouldn't eat pork. The most often given answer to those who do answer the question is "it is dirty" but of course with billions eating it that notion makes little to no sense and there are far dirtier things we eat regular - fast food anyone?

The reason for not eating it is that the pig contains human DNA. Those in the know were told not to eat it for that reason - eating one's own is frowned upon in a developed society. Over time that little fact was pushed away for obvious reasons, but the original reason was DNA issues and the possible contamination of the race of beings who were consuming it - fear the DNA would alter the human DNA in ways that could not be controlled.

Ever wonder why the pig is used in experiments concerning human organ replacement?

Did they knew about DNA almost 2000 years ago?

2nd

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
We know pigs today in black op laboratories do, so do cows, that give us milk and all sorts of other crimes.

People need to eat, and they cant just forage by the billions and few have land in this world to plant heritage seeds.

Yet all count.

The karma of any abominations (and they are kept under wraps for a reason because people would rise up against them, but if they prayed and resisted violence then they would stuck with decades, centuries of speaking up and protesting.) falls on TPTB only.

Don't ever buy the karma dumps of the evil doers.

From Buddha (And I would prefer to read a holy book with Christ and Buddha only in it for the full awakening of truth)

Once a man came unto me and denounced me on account of my observing the Way and practicing great loving-kindness. But I kept silent and did not answer him. The denunciation ceased. Then I asked him. 'If you bring a present to your neighbour and he accepts it not; does the present come back to you?' He replied, 'It will.' I said, 'You denounce me now, but as I accept it not, you must take the wrong deed back on your own person. It is like echo succeeding sound, it is like shadow following object; you never escape the effect of your own evil deeds. Be therefore mindful, and cease from doing evil.

This says it all.

When someone hands you a gift, if you don't accept their questionable gift (ie. dark side codings and karma dumps), then it goes back to them, lower frequencies intentions, evil thoughts, shadow creations and all, and they have to overcome it and work at ridding their hearts of distortions (ie. NO being a Catalyst is not another way to serve God/Goodness and it was meetings with false light beings that taught you those distortions), and perfecting the true roll of adult to child (like Christ, renouncing world, and washing the feet of his disciples, teachign true love and the way back home).

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

The israeli people with zero negative blood like myself CANNOT eat pork..
it poisons us instantly and tastes horribly salty.

Just one piece of bacon makes me feel like i just pounded back a pot of coffee..and while chugging vodka.

THIS is the real reason. CAN'T eat pork.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

I'm 0+ and love pork and bacon. But have been opting for chicken and fish (oh, you mean the oceans are radiated beyond measure and now I have only their toxic chicken). Well if it comes down to feeding my family, the pork will have to do at times even though its heavily laced with toxins and diseases from what I've been told as well.

Buddha:
'If you bring a present to your neighbour and he accepts it not; does the present come back to you?' He replied, 'It will.' I said, 'You denounce me now, but as I accept it not, you must take the wrong deed back on your own person. It is like echo succeeding sound, it is like shadow following object; you never escape the effect of your own evil deeds. Be therefore mindful, and cease from doing evil.

And back goes the evil and karma dump they sent me and they don't realize how much they're wearing.

I pray for them a lot, in the name of Christ Yeshua.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
All food is made clean through Christ and his sacrifice openned up the freedoms we have today.

They worked this out like 2000 years ago, are people still disputing it like they dispute why Jesus gave his life for us, seems funny maybe the world forgot somewhere in the last 30 years.

Mark 7:19 For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.")

Colossians 2:16 >>
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

1 Corinthians 8
4 So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that “An idol is nothing at all in the world” and that “There is no God but one.” 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat sacrificial food they think of it as having been sacrificed to a god, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled. 8 But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagoSA
Here is the quoted word of Jesus and the Law of Moses:

"Love the Lord your God with all of your heart and with all of your soul and with all of your mind." this is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: "Love your neighbor as yourself." All the Law and the prophets hang on these two commandments. Matthew 22:37-40

Jesus did not end the law, but fulfilled it. This is why Christ-followers and those who walk in faith with God get grace.

Nice try...but you do not get grace from loving this god you think you are worshipping..

the evidence is all around you but you cannot see it cause you are blinded by those charismatic RICH LEADERS you follow.

They tell you about grace in the by now over 20,000 books they use as cashcows while laughing behind the scenes.

If Jesus returned right now he would kick some serious ass..
and level every church..

The clock is running short on your 20% correct at best religions..no excuses for not being all you can be will matter the shock will be immense

Jesus said clearly you can do anything he did and more..but instead you fall victim to the very false prophets he warned about coming to speak in his name are 100% of Christian doctrines

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Acts 21

17 When we arrived at Jerusalem, the brothers and sisters received us warmly. 18 The next day Paul and the rest of us went to see James, and all the elders were present. 19 Paul greeted them and reported in detail what God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry. 20 When they heard this, they praised God. Then they said to Paul: “You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the law. 21 They have been informed that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn away from Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or live according to our customs.

22 What shall we do? They will certainly hear that you have come, 23 so do what we tell you. There are four men with us who have made a vow. 24 Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know there is no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience to the law.

25 As for the Gentile believers, we have written to them our decision that they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality.” 26 The next day Paul took the men and purified himself along with them. Then he went to the temple to give notice of the date when the days of purification would end and the offering would be made for each of them.

No mention of clean and unclean animals here.

The Council’s Letter to Gentile Believers

Acts15: 22 Then the apostles and elders, with the whole church, decided to choose some of their own men and send them to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas. They chose Judas (called Barsabbas) and Silas, men who were leaders among the believers. 23 With them they sent the following letter:

The apostles and elders, your brothers,
To the Gentile believers in Antioch, Syria and Cilicia: Greetings. 24 We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. 25 So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul— 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. 28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell.

No mention of clean vs unclean animals here.

Lets go back the very beginning post flood.

Genesis 9

God’s Covenant With Noah

1 Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 2 The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything. 4 “But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it.

And yes there is mention of both clean and unclean animals in the ark so this encompasses everything.
edit on 7-12-2011 by the4thhorseman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It seems a lot of folks quote from Acts chapter 10 about Peter's vision, as well as Paul's explanations about what is allowed and not.

But don't forget later on in Acts, Chapter 15, the believers got together to decide what to have the Non-Jewish Christians follow because of a heated discussion on whether new believers ought to be circumcised. The eventual decision came down to the point that with all the laws given by Moses, even the Jews had a hard time following it (sounds like the US's tax code
). And anyways, those who follow Jesus Christ fulfill the laws innately in their desire to follow Him anyways.

So, it "boiled" down to Acts chapter 15 verses 22-29 (initially stated by James) (KJV)

"22. Then pleased it the apostles and elders with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

23. And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.

24. Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

25. It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

26. Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

27. We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28. For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29. That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well."

This is more of where it was decided that the Non-Jews would follow a more "abridged" version of the Mosaic laws, or a more straight-forward compilation of things to follow.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join