It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YU55 Closer Than JPL Indicates?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Apology please! After you're done wiping that egg off YOUR face.

Earth with advance notice in 35 years.

Asteroid 2005 YU55 is expected to pass closest to Earth at a range of about 201,700 miles (324,600 kilometers) on Tuesday at 6:28 p.m. EST (2328 GMT). The average distance between the moon and Earth is about 238,854 miles (384,399 km).

space.com
edit on 7-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mwcoc

Why isnt the European Space Agency Saying anything at all on there site???

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Go about your lives people . This thing is so small , so far away and travelling so fast , that you will have problems even spotting it with a telescope .

Stop this fear mongering , because you will all look stupid in a day or two

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

Why isnt the European Space Agency reporting this on there website???

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
As long as yu-55 is NOT round, we all have nothing to worry about.

If it turns out that the newer images are fakes and it is round,
We Are All Going To Die.

Toodles!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I came onto ATS, just to find these posts and write FIRST...

I am saying it now before the 8th, the rock aint hittin Earth...

Nothing worst then arm chair Scientist preaching on ATS.. ITS GONNA HIT US, the Scientists, professional sky watchers who eat crap breath and live staring at the sky, got it all wrong...

Sorry Jim Jones, I don't like the smell of your kool-aid.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Why isnt the European Space Agency reporting this on there website???

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
I bet the OP feels kinda stupid now ? No strike and life goes on .
So much for his prowess with mathematics

edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

Uhh...the flyby is tomorrow. So he has 24 hours before he has to either feel kinda stupid, or kinda sick---depending on what happens.

But you can go ahead and start feeling kinda stupid right now.

edit on 11/7/2011 by Tsurugi because: Stupid.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

As opposed to you who is looking rather stupid as of this moment?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by InformationAccount
If the earth was about to expierience an event they sure as hell wouldn't tell the population beforehand.

You can take that to the bank.

How they can hide that information? ..there is a thousands scientists ...they can't shut up everyone!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I read most of this thread. I am a scientist as well, though I have no training in astronomy. I believe I understand the point that TomServo is trying to make. Basically, looking at the data before and after the closest approach, it appears that there is a deviation from predicted behavior of the asteroid before and after its closest position with regard to Earth. This seems to be indicated by a linear procession prior to closest approach and a linear procession after closest approach. Plotting the numbers (other than that of closest approach) appears to show a deviation at the point of closest apporach.when all numbers are plotted in contrast. Basically, plotting position based on the retroactive (and proactive) data indicates the closest approach distance deviates from a linear pass. There is a hump in the data.

Phage pointed out that (I am assuming a bit here) that the approach to the gravity well of Earth is responsible for this graphed deviation. One might expect the deviation to be positive toward the Earth, not negative. Regardless, if the deviation is caused by the closest approach itself, should there not be a similar, albeit smaller, hump when the asteroid passes the Moon? I would like to see a graph of that. I did not have the time today to try to plot this myself.

I personally don't know if this deviation is significant or not. If it is as TomServo asserted, there very well could be an impact. Now, I do not think this would be an end of the world event, but it certainly would have significance.

As far as the world leaders meeting in Hawaii, I don't know if this would be any sort of "escape". Obama himself, while certainly at the upper echelons of the visible PTB, is not an "elite". At best, he is a tool partially in the know. At worst, a simple ignorant tool. Obama is not one of the elite. The elite, if such exist, are practically invisible to us. We only get passing glimpses at the real elite. If bunkers are being occupied, I can almost guarantee that Obama is not going to be one of the chosen residents.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
I came onto ATS, just to find these posts and write FIRST...

I am saying it now before the 8th, the rock aint hittin Earth...

Nothing worst then arm chair Scientist preaching on ATS.. ITS GONNA HIT US, the Scientists, professional sky watchers who eat crap breath and live staring at the sky, got it all wrong...

Sorry Jim Jones, I don't like the smell of your kool-aid.

I applaud your common sense my friend .
Have a nice weekend . I know I will

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

NASA 2 Hours ago on twitter stated that the Fly by of Asteroid yu55 is 860,000 miles well now its further ??

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMorganReport

I'm guessing that is a mis-read. Recently there was an image released, and the blurb said that the distance from Earth at the time the image was made was about 860,000 miles.....

The next known approach of an asteroid this size will be in 2028. The image was taken on Nov. 7 at 11:45 a.m. PST, when the asteroid was approximately 860,000 miles (1.38 million kilometers) away from Earth.

This thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on Mon 7 November 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

How they can hide that information? ..there is a thousands scientists ...they can't shut up everyone!

There may be thousands of scientists, but there are relatively few sources of raw data. I do not know whether there is some conspiracy here, but just because thousands of people agree does not mean the data upon which they agree is reliable.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsurugi

Originally posted by tpg65
I bet the OP feels kinda stupid now ? No strike and life goes on .
So much for his prowess with mathematics

edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

Uhh...the flyby is tomorrow. So he has 24 hours before he has to either feel kinda stupid, or kinda sick---depending on what happens.

But you can go ahead and start feeling kinda stupid right now.

edit on 11/7/2011 by Tsurugi because: Stupid.

You are a sick man if you buy into this rubbish .
I will come back tomorrow and post " I told you so " . Lets see who is stupid then

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

It's not fear mongering, unless you are in the vicinity of the possible tsunamis.

The OP has brought forth interesting info for us all to discern. Let us discern it like adults then and quit the name calling. You've even, in your haste to belittle the OP, completely gotten the times wrong and you are calling others stupid?

I have no problems with someone creating a thread based off mathematical calculations they have done.

I do have problems with people creating threads off a youtube clip of fearmongering BS that is OBVIOUS hoax.

Credit needs to be given where it's due. You need to discern from BS to thoughtful suggestion, such as the OPs.

If it scares you, don't read it.
edit on 7-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
JPL, NASA,

The closest approach to Earth and the Moon will be respectively 0.00217 AU and 0.00160 AU on 2011 November 8 at 23:28 and November 9 at 07:13 UT.
Updated today. It's deemed to be above the ecliptic plane, unless that is in error.

edit on 7-11-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Hello all in this thread
please could somebody tell us in which direction from the hills along the North West coast of England we would need to be pointing our portable telescope, a longitude & latitude maybe, a constellation to aim the scope in the direction of...please. All we want to do is observe this asteroid from a point with little light pollution, also if anything goes wrong we will be up in the lakes high on a mountain out of the way.

Thanks in anticipation.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join