It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YU55 Closer Than JPL Indicates?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeichelberg

Originally posted by mockrock

reply to post by buddhasystem

Most models of the YU55 state there would be no fireball if it impacts the ocean...

Let us be clear.. a 500M wide asteroid hit Jupiter and it left a crater the size of the Pacific..

www.bbc.co.uk...

"This solitary event caught us by surprise,"

that's what they will say.. unusual solar activity knocked YU55
edit on 7-11-2011 by mockrock because: (no reason given)

More appropriate terminology would be for you to state it left a SCAR on the upper atmosphere of JUPITER (A gas giant planet, located in our Solar System) the size of our Pacific Ocean...It did not leave a CRATER!!!

Look 60% of the time my logic works all the time..
If what I think is about to happen occurs.. computer time is done! xxx

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

www.abovetopsecret.com...
How thick is the earths atmosphere? 300 miles at the very most and this asteroid will be travelling about 20x faster than a bullet! which is around 20,000! or 30,000mph! Theres no "time" to burn off anything much at all,perhaps 2%,if that.It would penetrate 300 miles of earths atmosphere in about 1 or 2 seconds!
edit on 7-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Where do you get your numbers of what would be burnt off? Source please...otherwise it is simply your conjecture...which, if you have any experience with atmospheric entry of space rock, I will concede...otherwise, give me some research to support your post...please...
edit on 11/7/2011 by jeichelberg because: Link the thread

This link tells the sad and shocking story of the brutal reality of asteroids and how even small ones cause great damage and death...www.astronomycafe.net...

No one is doubting your source...the only thing I am questioning is your numbers...how do you KNOW THE AMOUNT THAT WILL BE BURNT OFF if YU55 enters our atmosphere? Where do you get that information...none of it is in your source...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by tpg65
I bet the OP feels kinda stupid now ? No strike and life goes on .
So much for his prowess with mathematics

edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)
Why rank on the OP? He/She went through a lot of though and a lot of trouble trying to expose something for us all...
edit on 7-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)
Why do you use the word stupid in connection with this thread? the math involved on page one was anything but easy to prepare and set up...

Kick em when their up...kick em when their down...feel better now?...Leave the OP alone, wether they are right or wrong...who's perfect?...No one

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
seeing as you copied and pasted to another site I am a little reluctant to believe you. Can you you divulge any more ?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
OH4FS

Really your going to take Astronomycafe over hard math put in the numbers for yourself

impact.ese.ic.ac.uk...

The sad story here is not doing any research for yourself and just parroting the same site over and over..

Distance from Impact: 800.00 km ( = 497.00 miles )
Projectile diameter: 400.00 meters ( = 1310.00 feet )
Projectile Density: 3000 kg/m3
Impact Velocity: 14.50 km per second ( = 9.00 miles per second )
Impact Angle: 50 degrees
Target Density: 1000 kg/m3
Target Type: Liquid water of depth 1000.0 meters ( = 3280.0 feet ), over crystalline rock.

Tsunami Wave:
What does this mean?
The impact-generated tsunami wave arrives approximately 2.3 hours after impact.
Tsunami wave amplitude is less than 5.4 meters ( = 17.6 feet).

please please stop the astronomycafe bit.... it hurts

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Latest pics from NASA

Really poor quality. Im sure they have the technology to take better images than this. Or is there somethign they dont want us to know

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
reply to post by buddhasystem

Earth and yu55 each have their own inertia. Nothing could cause it to divert , then return to its original course.

I'm sorry but I don't follow. It's a good approximation to put the center of mass of the system Earth-YU55 in the center of Earth, because the asteroid is really tiny compared to our planet. Now, it's entering the gravitational well. It's velocity vector is going to change because of that. And even if it didn't, the relative velocity would still change (as you realized, I believe).

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

Have you guys ever thought that maybe all this asteroid stuff is a hoax to be from something else???? Ive heard speculation about Israel Possibly bombing the United States with Major warfare and blaming it on Iran. Why is it that when you go to the European Space Agency website there are not saying anything about this asteroid, but for some reason its on our news and all over NASA??? Could it be they are palnning something ???? and you Can add that to your alledged FEMA alert???

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
I bet the OP feels kinda stupid now ? No strike and life goes on .
So much for his prowess with mathematics

edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

There's no way, he could feel as stupid as your post makes you look, for bagg'in on him. If you want to talk stupid ?

SnF for some great work either way OP.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsrreal

Thank you for the link to the pics. It does indeed looks fairly ball-shaped like the person in this video describes. His theory is very out there, but you might find it interesting:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
reply to post by jeichelberg

JPL only has available to it the information NASA has collected in its database. Private industry has far surpassed what data they have on hand. They use to have the highest power computers in the world besides IBM, that's the purpose they served. They don't have such a ranking anymore. "Super computers" they have today are a commercial norm, common place.

Except for this one.

venturebeat.com...

Bought by Lockheed Martin, the other major aerospace contractor.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The fact of the matter here is we are not gonna be told ....and there is a major dceipt here on earth ....if ther eso certain its not gonna hit why are we talking about it and why are we trying to escalate a war with Iran with the full knowledge that Russia is backing iran 100 percent ... between all of this and a potential loss in communications on November 9th ....Who Knows?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Orbital calculations are not linear.

Use the HORIZONS interface to generate the geocentric coordinates (in AU) for the asteroid in whatever time increments you wish (down to one minute).

http://s ohsd.jpl.nasa.gov/horizons.cgi

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Originally posted by smurfy
[

Spaceweather only posted that item today, and only changed their 'original' 200m to 400m today. That they only changed the size today to 400m is of no consequence, since it was estimated to be 400m by Cornell from early this year, others, including Spaceweather may have revised the size at least once.

Really? - MY Spaceweather page was coming up with 400 metres a few days ago.

It changed on the 6th I missed a day, as in yesterday, God forgive me for not looking on the sabbath

Took them a while didn't it?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Woah WOAH WOAH.

yu-55 is round?

That would indicate a mass much larger than 400m..... Much larger.

"The size threshold at which celestial bodies become round depends on many properties, and can vary between roughly 200 and 1200 km. For instance, Mimas (395 km) is round, but Vesta (538 km), a much bigger object, is not round."

SOURCE: UCLA website www2.ess.ucla.edu...
edit on 7-11-2011 by truthinfact because: oh #. oh #. ohhhhh #.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
oh good, new comet.....that's orginal

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsrreal
Latest pics from NASA

Really poor quality. Im sure they have the technology to take better images than this. Or is there somethign they dont want us to know

www.nasa.gov...

i hate that they do that

they show us amazing hubble photos

amazing moon photos

amazing satellite photos of a tree from an outer space satellite

but when it comes to elenin and now this...grainy pathetic images are released

makes me sick

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
Woah WOAH WOAH.

yu-55 is round?

"The size threshold at which celestial bodies become round depends on many properties, and can vary between roughly 200 and 1200 km. For instance, Mimas (395 km) is round, but Vesta (538 km), a much bigger object, is not round."

ER, Um, ER Um,

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
WOW okay after seeing the "new photos" just posted to this thread, I am very very very very very glad to say Yu-55 is NOT round.

I honestly almost # my pants though..... Wow. Hah

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
Woah WOAH WOAH.

yu-55 is round?

Yeah, the Earth...a MUCH bigger object is round...

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join