It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the HUM sound stronger to you today (October 31, 2011)?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
To the last two who posted about hearing voices... HUM hearers don't hear voices. We hear a humming sound. It sounds like an idling engine having trouble staying on, way in the distance. Sometimes it has sounded like a C-130 in the distance about to land but never landing. Sometimes it resonates a lot, it has a drum quality to it.
It's definitely fluctuating, not steady most of the time. Like a wave.

Not voices at all... You two must be friends or something. You are in the wrong place.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by notknowing

You are right,i have never heard voices,just the constant humming sometimes going up and down in pitch,wish i knew where it was coming from,some people posted we have tinnutis which is a constant ringing in the ears,well if this is the case then half the world has it since it is reported by alot of people

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

think i spoke to soon as this morning while sat on the throne
at exactly 4.18am i heard the hum this time it did sound different
like new to me and maybe like a form of propulsion
but im not sure thats a good enough description
as i find the only thing that has stayed the same is
the loader then quiter , nearer then further type sound
getting harder to describe

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by notknowing
reply to post by jasmine23

I noticed it last night also. Could not fall asleep. Could not put my head next to the pillow because the vibrations get much louder when I do.

Same here! I thought I was crazy. I hear the hum louder when my ear is on the pillow. I'm 39 years old and have never heard this sound before. Last night it was louder and at times sounded like a buzzing bee. I have no idea what it could be.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Hitsuzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

I think whenever we bring up the subject of the HUM, some people out there are told to make us look bad by saying things like we hear voices. Or, "you must have tinnitus". These are probably the same people involved in whatever is causing this sound to begin with. The longer they can go on doing their thing and not have to explain it the better for them. They, whoever they are, do not care about what they are doing to the people bothered by this sound. They are lacking a soul and a conscience. They will have to answer for their actions soon enough. Everyone will have to.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitsuzen

What's your location? Did you notice anything else the first time you realized you were hearing this sound? Were you nauseous? Headache? Were your pets affected? Have you been having plane crashes in your area recently?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

As you can see from my earlier post to the 2 who posted about us hearing voices, the HUM to me has changed as time goes on. It really bothered me in the beginning, 3 years ago. Could not sleep, concentrate and made me feel sad, angry, moody. Now, I'm usually OK but still curious as to what is causing it and when will it stop.
I'm frustrated that the scientific community doesn't seem to be aware of it and Doctors are clueless to it.
The most important question is: What is the HUM doing to our bodies, specifically our brains and our hearts.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by notknowing
reply to post by Hitsuzen

What's your location? Did you notice anything else the first time you realized you were hearing this sound? Were you nauseous? Headache? Were your pets affected? Have you been having plane crashes in your area recently?

No I was not nauseous, no headache. I have two cats and haven't noticed anything different with them. I haven't heard of any plane crashes. There hasn't been any storms lately. I will post any new info.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

could it possibly be the echos of earthquakes or volcanoes
bouncing off our stratosphere? just a stab in the dark there
and or tsunamis
edit on 3/11/2011 by maryhinge because: last line

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Voices are not a part of my experience of the Hum.

There is an interesting hypothesis about the Hum being caused by Gravitational Waves-

theoretical ripples in the curvature of spacetime which propagates as a wave, traveling outward from the source. Predicted to exist by Albert Einstein in 1916 on the basis of his theory of general relativity,[1] gravitational waves theoretically transport energy as gravitational radiation. Sources of gravitational waves could possibly include binary star systems composed of white dwarfs, neutron stars, or black holes.
(wikipedia)

I guess this is considered a possibility because of the way it seems to pass through matter without being slowed down- in fact the more matter it passes through the more it seems to be amplified- which would coincide with the gravitational wave theory. For example, it is found to be stronger in a home that is made of thick stone or concrete than in one made of thinner wood.

There is this to consider-
www.wired.com...

After discovering the mysterious low-frequency buzz in 1998, scientists figured out that the Earth’s hum is caused not by earthquakes or atmospheric turbulence, but by ocean waves colliding with the seafloor.

When two waves of opposite direction but similar frequency collide, they create a special kind of pressure wave that carries energy to the ocean bottom. As these waves pound against the sea floor, they generate a constant vibration with a frequency of about 10 millihertz, much too low for humans to hear but easily detectable with seismometers. By comparing the intensity of the hum with the height of waves around the world, scientists can track where the buzz is coming from.

Here's one site that is interesting to check out, anyway:
homepages.tesco.net...

There's been speculation about water or water pipes, being involved- pressure build up in underground water pipes.

There is some evidence of underground water streams radiating electrical fields, DC magnetic fields, radio frequencies..... and can be bad for health, causing various complaints. I often wonder if people aren't picking up on something of this sort.
When I first began hearing the Hum, and about fifteen years ago, we had just built a house that we learned later had a underground stream of run off from a field that was heavily polluted by pesticides.... a "radiologist" guy told us this was the cause of my headaches, and that it would cause me to get cancer if we stayed there. (not saying I put belief into his claims, but events had us move, the headaches went away, and the couple who moved in had the woman die one year later from cancer!).

The house we live in now actually has natural springs that come up underneath it! We have "caves" that were once used as stables underneath the house, that have water troughs in them that are constantly running, coming through the rocks. The water is clean and drinkable though (we have it tested regularly).
I am not getting headaches, though the Hum comes through very strong here. It might be linked to water- I notice it is terribly strong right now, and we are in our second day of rain, which will mean the springs underneath the house must be running high.
I don't know though. All I can do is guess and collect possibilities.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I hear that humming noise every time ive went to bed, heard it for about, since i was 6. Yup, defiantly has been getting louder though, at one point i was hearing voices in my head arguing over who wanted to talk to me first.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Wow!! My 3 years are nothing compared to your 15 years of hearing the HUM... When I first started hearing the HUM I thought it was due to a malfunctioning pump but of course I quickly realized that this wasn't due to a minor problem. Then I thought there must be something wrong with our Earth. I thought because I got naseous for the first few days of hearing the HUM that it must be something to do with gravity. But one day a very loud jet or something woke me up around 4:30 in the morning and the HUM was the loudest ever on that day. That day, February 17,2010, was the day I decided that this is being done by people. I'm guessing the Navy must have something to do with it since many Navy helicopters have flown over my house and we are not even near a military base. The closest to the military we have in my area is AUTEC.

Why do people start hearing it at different times? Is it something to do with our bodies or the location where we are when we hear it?
Maybe the reason the HUM is happening is due to a combination of things. A natural process going on in our atmosphere that is being controlled by people. Maybe it would be much worse if "they" weren't controlling it?
Theories... Someday we will know the truth.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I forgot one very important symptom of the HUM - irritability which is not good for family life or anything else for that matter...

I found this site tonight... Lots of videos and info about the HUM. If this doesn't convince you people who think we have tinnitus or we hear voices or whatever, nothing will.

truthfrequencynews.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Did the HUM or whatever causes the HUM cause yet another helicopter crash? (in the West Palm Beach area)

www.wptv.com...

I wonder if they experienced an electrical failure before it crashed? Will we ever know? Of course, the NTSB is investigating...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This whole HUM concept freaks me out because I am a cherry here on ATS, signed up at the end of October, but never saw the HUM threads, but started hearing weird bass sounds recently in SE Florida. So yeah, you are not alone. What I hear though comes in spurts of 3 and stops in between, sort of like an SOS. I thought it was one of those gangster cars with the really loud subwoofer, or a a big truck maybe, or the trains. But this has never happened before and I have lived here for almost 3 years in the same spot. I only notice it in the middle of the night. Every once and I while, I pick up on a consistent HUM (and not the 3 and then stops), but not for long. From my perspective, it is coming from the NE direction and I live south of WPB.

And I never heard of the HUM mystery before in my entire life! I think it is very ironic that I just signed up here and then started hearing it before I even read the thread about it! What in the world?
edit on 6-11-2011 by ghostwithorangeeyes because: irony

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I have been hearing the hum/buzz off and on regularly for the last few months - I'm in Australia on the east side and inland in a rural area.

I have been adhering to the practice of turning electrical items off at the powerpoint when they are not in use. I really believe it helps. I am also a Contactee and Experiencer and there is an electrical tone (very similar to the hum/buzz) that is a part of the reality. I have had many Students and parents tell me about the electrical tone and how loud it can get. I can differentiate between the electrical tone and the hum/buzz.

My theory is that the hum/buzz could be related to HAARP and another theory is the approaching meteor or brown dwarf - dependent on the report. I have been observing the night skies lately and without much knowledge of astronomy I have noticed the planets (brighter and larger than stars) are aligning. There is one really big bright one that is directly in front of me when I stand in my front yard - after midnight. Perhaps there is a magnetic build up that is interacting with the electrical grids on Earth. I have read that when the planets are all aligned there will be significant changes to the energy we feel on Earth

Worked with a psych nurse (in a school) who had a theory on picking up radio signals and the possibility that it was part of the Contact/Experience and possibly related to implants. Sorry about the poster who got laughed at when showing some care for their psych patient.

Just my thoughts maybe someone else has a theory. It's real and many people are hearing it. There is a recent article on sott.net about the residents in a Sydney suburb hearing the same sound.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostwithorangeeyes

Have you tried asking others in your area if they sense it also? Probably not many do and it might not be worth the aggravation. Another thing you can do is write to your local paper. A neighborhood blog or the Editorial, anonymously of course, and describe what you hear to see if anyone writes back saying they do hear it. I tried that 3 years ago when I first started with this HUM and surprisingly only 2 other people wrote and that took months. I don't do social media, but if you do that might be another avenue to take. Also, try contacting NOAA, the EPA and any other government agency you can think of. They'll probably tell you they don't know anything about it or that they don't investigate things of that nature...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I guess I didn't get the part about "the poster showing some care for their psyc patient"... What is that about?

I'll have to check the article you mention...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Read through a post by hypervigilant on the page before this one.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
There was a couple big hums right now. I don't know if that helps you in your search for answers or not. I just know that I just now heard it and want to put it on record. The type of hum I am getting would be more likely described as a vibration, like a constant beat. I hope that helps you/us. I don't suppose we will ever get the answer.
edit on 6-11-2011 by ghostwithorangeeyes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join