It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the HUM sound stronger to you today (October 31, 2011)?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

You were deaf till you were 11? And now you hear the HUM? Wow. How were you able to regain your hearing? Maybe that can help figure out why some sense the HUM and most don't. My theory which I derived from something I read about EMFs is that we hearers have increased levels of magnetite in our brains which allow us to sense EMFs which is probably what the HUM is and that is why it really can't be recorded. When I hear the HUM is more like a pressure in my head. Something similar to what you feel in an airplane, but not exactly like that. It is felt more inside the brain near the ears. I sure hope some scientist somewhere is looking into this little problem. What are the long term effects of this HUM to our brains and our hearts? Will this shorten our lives? Will we become zombies as "weirdguy" says we will?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This is the first time mentioning this to anyone, I have been hearing for a couple of weeks this terrible Vacuum sound coming from my part of the countryside.

Weird especially since it is a really quiet place to live until now. It almost drives me crazy and I feel like it makes me more angry for no reason than anything else.

The sound is electric scraping like a vacuum that needs repair. It is coming from the direction of a small power station about 3 miles away.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by notknowing

As far as i can tell ive only started to hear it the past year. Its an ominous hum that i cant explain, sometimes its very loud and the sky has no visible aircraft or any other perceivable source! I have two dogs and they both seem on edge whenever i can hear the noise. Sometimes i will hear it at night at home and other times in the middle of the day? No nausea or physical reactions to the noise that i can remember! When i complain about it my parents and siblings think im hearing things but others have noticed the noise that i know of and are just as confused about it as i am!! Hope im not goin nuts

edit on 31-10-2011 by Caprica7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I have been hearing what sounds like a jet engine during the daytime for a number of years... The sound has always came from the same direction and increased in volume before shutting down... At night or the early morning hours I have been hearing what sounds very much like the air conditioning unit outside of my house but it has been cool enough that I haven't used the air conditioner and have been sleeping with the windows open in the living area and bedroom I sleep in..... I live in a rural area on over 20 acres of heavily wooded land far from highway traffic or railroads though I can hear both at night when it is very still outside and the insects and coyotes aren't raising hell... I have combat related hearing loss and can't hear high frequencies very well but the sound at night is a very low hum.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The Hum

The Hum is a generic name for a series of phenomena involving a persistent and invasive low-frequency humming noise not audible to all people. Hums have been reported in various geographical locations.

Source

Also interesting; List of unexplained sounds:

en.wikipedia.org...[/url]

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Glad I am not the only one hearing the hums. Been really hearing the hum almost all summer long. I thought my hearing needed to be checked. It does increase at times for me also.Seemed to increase for me the last few days. Very early morning is when I hear it the strongest.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I want to report that today the HUM has been resonating. This is what I call it when you are inside your house and you speak or make a noise and it resonates in your head or ears. It will be more apparent in some rooms more than others. It's weird and it has happened before. It's giving me a headache. In the past I have noticed that whenever the air becomes "resonant" there seems to be more airplane crashes. Also, in my local news they mentioned this morning that people were calling into the station about a glow in the sky. Could that be related to whatever causes the HUM?
Anyone else noticing the resonating HUM? I know in other threads other people have mentioned this problem.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Yes. I have heard the hum at varying levels for years, and lately it has been deafening. I mean, usually other soudns can make me ignore it- but it is interfering with me being able to listen to people talk, music, TV.... nothing seems to drown it out. It is really bugging me.

This morning (Nov. 1st) it was strongest. At this moment (it is 3:00 PM, it is less strong, but still constant).

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hi everybody!
I've been lurking for about 3 weeks now; decided I'd finally throw in my two cents..

Originally posted by notknowing
reply to post by Caprica7

What kind of strange noises have you been hearing, besides the HUM, which is strange enough.
How long have you been hearing the HUM? Do you remember the first time? Did you feel nauseous by any chance? Do you have dogs? Did it affect them also? Did they appear fearful?

I've been hearing the humming sound for about 4 days now.. sounds almost like a pulsation of some sort. Yesterday at around 1pm it was loudest, to the point where I had to walk around my house to see if I could still hear it wherever I went (I was able to). The weird thing is, the more I focused on the sound, the louder it got, and the more I felt sick and drained of all energy; I had to snap myself out of it.. I have a dog, and for the first time ever yesterday, she was PETRIFIED to go up a flight of stairs she's been climbing for over 9 years. She was so scared, I had to carry her up.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I woke up yesterday morning, 10/31, with a strange hum/reverberating sound. It was so profound that it left me stuck wondering why I was concentrating on the sound and not on my sleep. It sounded almost like a muffled thud, but constant and at a pace that didn't subside.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Hi i have been hearing the hum for sometime now,most of the time i try to block it out,i usually have my tv on day and night to block out the noise,but how can you block something out when it sounds like it is coming from inside your head,i don't know how it feels for everyone else,but if i turn everything off and just sit and concentrate on the noise it kind of makes me sleepy and tired

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

your not alone i too have heard this hum so has my mother (so glad i didnt say mum)
it was always between 3 and 6 am to me and my mother the hum would get loader
then lower and so on, like as my mum says almost like the rolling sound of a tsunami
closer and closer

forgot to say have not heard for a while now maybe 3 or 4 months
and live in the uk
edit on 1/11/2011 by maryhinge because: add last line forgot to say

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Just a thought, for those who don't hear the Hum, and wonder what it is like.
In the movie "Melancholia" by Lars Von Trier, there is a vibration that is in the background, that shows up somewhere during the middle of the movie, and slowly gets stronger and stronger (as the planet approaching earth gets closer) that gets to a point of being almost unbearable at the end.
I found it interesting that seemed to be the same vibration that I hear in the Hum, and that if you are in the theater, you can feel it in your seat before you actually "hear" it. That is what this is like! I don't even consider it a sound. Before I found out that others feel it and it has been dubbed the Hum, I just called "the vibration".

When it is really strong, it makes my jaw shake or feel tense, and sometimes gives me a headache. My husband has only felt it once.

Today is bad.
edit on 1-11-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
About my last post... To the people who fly small planes like Cessnas and Pipers I would say to you stay away from power lines and don't fly too low. I think that somehow there's interferences with the planes electrical components resulting in mechanical failures whenever the HUM is strong. I still remember back when the HUM was still pretty new to me, I was outside by my driveway and a small plane flew over very low going south and as it cleared the canal that runs east to west in front of our house, the engine sputtered as if it was going to quit. Thank God it didn't. I always wondered why they were flying so low...

From reading all the posts, it looks to me that there are lots of new hearers, so maybe it is getting very close to the time when everyone will hear the HUM. I think there are those who hear it but ignore it and never think to question what they are hearing because they are way busy with their daily lives or they don't want people to think they are crazy. Maybe those of us who are more in tune with nature are the ones who notice these strange happenings. We are naturally curious.

It's just sad that no one in any government is willing to come out and say what is going on. And, since most don't hear it, one tends to feel isolated with this problem. I guess that is why I still come to this site. It is therapeutic if anything.

Remember, to sleep at night, use an oscillating fan, it helps drown it out. And, don't put your head to the pillow or bed. Try not to focus on it because it does have a negative mental effect. Why? Who knows...
Get out more if you have to escape it. It has subsided some right now (1:23 pm EST).
I have also noticed I seem to "hear" it more with my right ear lately.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by notknowing

You were deaf till you were 11? And now you hear the HUM? Wow. How were you able to regain your hearing? Maybe that can help figure out why some sense the HUM and most don't. My theory which I derived from something I read about EMFs is that we hearers have increased levels of magnetite in our brains which allow us to sense EMFs which is probably what the HUM is and that is why it really can't be recorded. When I hear the HUM is more like a pressure in my head. Something similar to what you feel in an airplane, but not exactly like that. It is felt more inside the brain near the ears. I sure hope some scientist somewhere is looking into this little problem. What are the long term effects of this HUM to our brains and our hearts? Will this shorten our lives? Will we become zombies as "weirdguy" says we will?

I went through 3 surgerys to get my hearing. I remember the first time i heard the flush of a toliet after getting my hearing, I droped to my knees and started screaming and crying because it was so loud and i didn't know what it was. lol long story short, that was the first time i heard the toliet flush. I still remember that day.

Im still sick and i thought i heard the hum yesterday but im still blaming it on me being sick for now. if i get better and still hear it then i will start checking in on it.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Was the HUM or whatever causes the HUM responsible for this plane crash today in South Florida?:
www.cbs12.com...

Is the HUM responsible for the crazy weather a lot of places around the world are experiencing? Is it intentional? Or a byproduct of something else going on? One can get really paranoid thinking about the possible causes of the HUM...I've been doing it for most of the last 3 years. Pathetic, I know.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I know that when I have a cold and my sinuses are clogged up, it seems to be louder. Somehow, the mucous magnifies it. Like the walls inside the house magnify it also.

You would think with all the clues we provide in this site some brainy person somewhere would be able to prove what is causing this. Maybe that would be next to impossible. Like proving that the military flies secret aircraft out of Area 51. Since you really can't see that area very well, how would you prove it? Same with the HUM. Whoever is responsible is not where most people would think to look, maybe?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RustynailsK

If your dog stays petrified, and her health is affected, will you bring this up to the VET? I wonder if some Vets already know that there is something going on affecting animals all over. The continous stress of hearing this HUM on animals must be worse for them. It's not like they can talk to another dog about it and feel a little better.
I'm sure the HUM had something to do with both my dogs getting Cancer. The female died at 11 of Hemangiosarcoma of the Spleen, and the male died at 14 of Prostate Cancer. The female always seemed more sensitive to the sound. The male was going deaf anyway so maybe that is why he wasn't affected as much.

I hope you find a way to keep your dog safe from the HUM...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

If you don't already know on the 20/05/2011 I started to hear voices in my head.. You know the old type of radios they had in the 60s the ones with the lights in the back yep them..
Well the humming sounds exactly like that.
The voices are loud but unfortunately not recognisable at the moment..
I hear men talking women chatting and children playing..
They are getting louder every day so if these voices are from the approaching spacecraft/Elenin well I can gather that they are getting ever closer..
If they had perished in the blast I would now be hearing either nothing at all or voices of anguish or concern and I'm hearing nothing of the sort..
I'm feeling a more relaxed vibe going on.. Recently I hear music and excitement and the noise is there 24/7..
I therefore conclude it or what is following is still intact and a wonderful event is about to take place.
Peace out love to all..
Regards
Plazmuh

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I was hearing noise like you describe and numerous women that hung around when I was single would hear the same thing when they would stay over for weekends... I got married 10 years ago and my wife was also hearing the voices and at times music like jingles used in radio commercials and station promotions... We both have had dental work done that included the removal of mercury /silver fillings and the sounds we were hearing have stopped bothering both of us.... There was a patient on a psych unit I worked on in the late 1970s that was diagnosed with symptoms of psychosis because of hearing voices and obsession with with a radio evangelist that he would quote.. The guy could hardly read and didn't have a radio but could tell me about the programs he heard on a station somewhere in Missouri when we were well out of the broadcast range in Terrell Texas.... The guy had all kinds of metal in his mouth from dental work and I was convinced that he had to be picking up a skip signal from the station he had told me about... I talked to the assistant unit director about my conversations and what I thought may be causing this patient to be hearing what he was hearing and got laughed at..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join