It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email: 'Time to kill the wealthy'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
That e-mail is a joke. Whether it was meant to be serious or planted by someone to cause an uprising........it's a joke. One Million dollars makes you rich? Maybe in Uganda. But certainly not in America.

I have to agree 110% with what The Bandit said, it's the poor peoples fault that they are that way. All this talk about "The Man" keeping them down is a BS cop-out. Ask Steve Jobs (RIP). Learn from what he did. He wasn't born into wealth and privelege. He put himself there by hard work and SELF education. Remember that. He taught himself the majority of what he knew, The rest, he was born with and he didn't squander it because he taught himself what he needed to know in order to expound upon what he was born with. As a result, he became rich.

I don't have a problem with people like him. People like that have earned every penny that's passed through their hands. I have a problem with the people who make their wealth by using other people. They're leeches and they're the ones bringing this country, and as a result the rest of the world, to financial ruin. The people that they use need to wake up and realize what is happening to them. They need to realize that without a financial education, they are allowing themselves to be used by the ones who will do it.

In this day and age you DO NOT need, or shouldn't even want, public education as your means to help you get ahead in life. The greatest minds this world has known were not taught by the public education system. They were self taught.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
That e-mail is a joke. Whether it was meant to be serious or planted by someone to cause an uprising........it's a joke. One Million dollars makes you rich? Maybe in Uganda. But certainly not in America.
:

A million doesn't make you rich?!?!
I'm pretty sure if you total up all the money I will be able to earn in my lifetime it will not reach $1 MM. (unless we have hyperinflation lol).

But hey, if you say so...then I suppose you wouldn't mind paypalling me a million...heck, a hundred thousand would be just fine. Even ten thousand will do. I'll take a hundred, why not. Can you spare me $25 until next payday? Cup of coffee?

edit on 6-10-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
$1 million doesn't make you rich (If you blow it on a huge house and a Ferrari for example). How you handle the $1 million is what makes you rich (If you use it to create an income of $50000-$1000000 or more a year for the rest of your life for example).

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I have not read every post in this thread
I do see this as a growing problem. It is not just the U.S. where there have been demonstrations of this happening. There have been times in history when this same problem has brought down a government. What I see as one of the driving causes is the gap between the rich and the poor. I looked up a little more information on that.
Hear is a link that will show a graph of the economic status of the rich and the poor. I found it interesting to note that the slope of the rich is getting very steep compared to the poor.

Income inequality has been on the rise in most countries since the early 1980s, including in advanced, emerging, and transition economies, Milanovic finds. Explanations for this increase include technological progress, government policies on the use of taxes and social transfers to redistribute income, changing social norms, and globalization. Today, the poorest 20 percent of the world’s population receive only 1.27 percent of global income, while the richest 1 percent alone receive 13.08 percent.
IMF

Shake the numbers any way you want and the answer is the same: Millionaires are getting richer fast, and their tax burden has been cut in half since World War II. The middle class is slowly sinking, despite working longer hours with greater productivity. And the army of the poor is flooded with new recruits, most of them with a long history of working in lousy, low-wage jobs. Okay, you may be thinking that America is a rough place, but more than anywhere on Earth, an ambitious person can break into the top ranks with hard work, right? Wrong, as it turns out. You have a better shot in Canada, or Europe.
nj.com

Corresponding to financial resources, the wealthy strategically organize their money so that it will produce profit. Affluent people are more likely to allocate their money to financial assets such as stocks, bonds, and other investments which hold the possibility of capital appreciation. Those who are not wealthy are more likely to have their money in savings accounts and home ownership.[11] This difference comprises the largest reason for the continuation of wealth inequality in America: the rich are accumulating more assets while the middle and working classes are just getting by. Currently, the richest 1% hold about 38% of all privately held wealth in the United States.[2] while the bottom 90% held 73% of all debt.
wiki

And for one last point of note if you have looked at any of what I have posted be sure to read my signature.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

I disagree. People will still want to be as rich as they can legally be. Also anyone intelligent enough to invent a real winning game changer would be smart enough to find thier way around the system, as they always do.
In this case, if someone had reached the maximum level of wealth, they could put the invention/patents/royalties in the name of their siblings/spouses/children or into a llc.

Putting a cap on wealth woud not hinder or prevent people from working and i shudder everytime i see this myth perpetuated. And if someone did want to stop working because hey could only make a million per year and not 2 million, well there will be someone else willing to settle for just a million. And not to mention that these people have a standard of living they would wish to keep, so no, they woldnt jut stop working,

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Bottom line: If you rely on the State to subsist, you try to grab those by the ankle's that are climbing the latter. It's a sad testament of our time....take their money away and you will not have a job!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

FALSE FLAG. This is a tactic from "You Need Us to Protect You From Yourselves." FEMA handbook volume 1, chapter 1.

Tell me some FEMA butt munch didn't write the emails and the press release and I will sell you a bridge. The tactics are so obvious they no longer work. I'm not afraid. You should pass the legislation because it's the right thing to do.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
the majority of the rich are idiots. that's what makes them so dangerous. george bush comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
100% death tax. Get as rich as you can, no problem. But that wealth reverts back to society after you're gone. Read more here;

armageddonconspiracy.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Maxmars

I agree with your post but we are a Constitutional Republic, not a Democratic Republic....

We used to be a Constitutional Republic we are a corporatist society now. We stopped being a Constitutional Republic when both parties started using the constitution as toilet paper.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Ditto my sentiments exactly. the man would be in jail for those threats and only after the trial would those emails be released. Totally staged!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

selling yourself a little short arent you. get to work!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
In harsh times the poor envy the rich and this results in violence. I don't think this is disinfo or a hoax.
edit on 6-10-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Here's the problem with the 'tax the rich', 'kill the wealthy' screed: Somewhere out there is someone who things YOU are rich. No matter how little you make or own, there is a group of people who make or own less and consider you 'rich'.

If you start this class warefare stuff it will eventually trickle down to get you too.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
sounds like a member of GLP

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

In this day and age you DO NOT need, or shouldn't even want, public education as your means to help you get ahead in life. The greatest minds this world has known were not taught by the public education system. They were self taught.

Do you pay property taxes? Where do you think that money goes towards??

Why would I want private schoolling when my tax dollars pays for schools, police and local government?

Its like having a computer that came with microsoft windows but then you pay for another OS......not smart!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Hmm.

I'm betting the top 10 global corporations have wayyyy more liquid cash than the top 10 nations - and NONE of the responsibilities. Comparatively speaking.

And I am betting many of those top 10 corporations are not listed on any public stock exchange...

Can you guess which ones I am talking about? UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, INC., F. B. I., INC., FEDERAL RESERVE ASSOCIATION, CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AUTHORITY INC.

Or what about Cargil, Bechtel, Koch Industries, PriceWaterhouseCoopers

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Remember the elites want to make class walfare. Lets just hope that one day we have no need for currency.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Who are we identifying as "rich", anyway? If people start getting violent toward "rich people", how will they tell who is rich by looking at them? Will they attack people who drive a Mercedes or BMW? Can they tell that some people who drive a Mercedes live in a crappy apartment because they spend ALL their money on their Mercedes to give people the impression that they are rich?

This goes to show that the class warfare propaganda is working on people. Nutjobs like this guy who wrote the email, all the libbies protesting wall street because the "rich" aren't paying their "fair share", which of course is a crock of billshut.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join