It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email: 'Time to kill the wealthy'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Email: 'Time to kill the wealthy'

www.politico.com

Several influential New York lawmakers have received threatening emails saying it is “time to kill the wealthy” if they don’t renew the state’s tax surcharge on the millionaires, according to reports.

“It’s time to tax the millionaires!” reads the email, according to WTEN in Albany. “If you don’t, I’m going to pay a visit with my carbine to one of those tech companies you are so proud of and shoot every spoiled Ivy League [expletive] I can find.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Is class warfare about to become...well, real class warfare?

I'm actually shocked it hasn't happened yet.

The threatening email was delivered to polticians and contained fairly detailed scenarios of what could happen if they didn't pass legislation the writer wanted:

“How hard is it for us to stake out one of the obvious access roads to some tech company, tail an employee home and toss a liquor bottle full of flaming gasoline through their nice picture window into their cute house...You’re going to do [renew the surcharge], or we are going to sow the kind of choas [sic] you are unequipped to deal with,” the email said. “And you’re going to find yourself in a country where you and your wealthy friends are gonig [sic] to be hunted.”

With protest in the air and the economy looking gloomy as ever, is violence hovering in the wings? Is the letter a credible threat against politicians and the rich? The ramblings of a lone angry man? Representative of harder-edged, more militant rage simmering among the general populace? A "false flag" desgined to stir things up (this being ATS we must at least entertain the possibility...) Or something else?

Be safe, America. I'm far away but you know I love you.

www.politico.com

edit on 10/6/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
every fibre of my being says "yes"

+32 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

And the demonization starts.....Seriously, do people fall for propaganda this clumsy? This is embarrassing. If this were real, you never would have heard of it until they traced the guy and arrested him, like with that one guy who was going to fly drones with bombs on them. They wouldnt leak this story before naming a suspect.

Now when random executives are killed off (probably executives that were actually on the 99%ers side) the response will be heavy handed and approved of.

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
And how easy would it be for some shill from an alphabet agency
to send a letter like that...just to light another fire?

+61 more 
link   
Most of the rich aren't the problem.

It's the private, corporate interest/lobbying groups that need to be outlawed and jailed.

Also the bankers need to be brought to the Hague and charged with Financial Terrorism.

Blaming everything on the "rich" isn't going to help anything. It will make things worse.

+6 more 
link   
Only if they start off with George Soros, GE and Goldman Sachs Execs.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This is what happens when all the wealth gets concentrated into the hands of such a small percentage of the population.

Read the works of the economist Ravi Batra. He sets out the whole thing and predicted it in the late '80's

Until people who are successful learn "stopping sense" and "how much is enough" it is a cycle that will plague societies of all kinds forever.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
well...............
#.....
i mean.. i don't agree with killing all the rich, but some people deserve it... i think we all know who..

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I see this as one of the many looming problems thats about to errupt soon.

Would it be so bad if there was a max limit for personel wealth, before it becomes dangerous for the country that indevidual lives in due to the rich mans wealth respect and influence (also on the street side, celebraty value).

Once you hit 500m, is there really anything you cant do when you 'only' had 250m?

Besides buy a bigger island....

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Hmm? Let's see here.

Could this be more of pretender provocateur false flag?

I think it is.

An al-CIA-da agent sends a threatening email claiming to be a angry protester. Threats make the other non-violent real protesters look like terrorists. Gullible public then are convinced that protesting is terrorism and all protesters are extremists are are violent.

Demonization by fake association.

edit on 6-10-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If this letter is actually real, then it echos the sentiment of a large portion of the populace, unfortunately. how many people who were within a year or two of retiring got pink slips? Give your life to a company, and you get nothing for it, just so some money grubbing bastard can save a few bucks. Yeah America, your time is coming. Like it or not, things are only just beginning to get heated.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Obviously a false flag.

-Tech companies employees generally aren't the wealthy ones.
( Draw the attention away from Bankers, Traders and Oil companies?)
- The US policy on terrorist treads is to ignore them.
( This bill HAS to be rejected because of this email... brilliant)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Hmm? Let's see here.

Could this be more of pretender provocateur false flag?

I think it is.

An al-CIA-da agent sends a threatening email claiming to be a angry protester. Threats make the other non-violent real protesters look like terrorists. Gullible public then are convinced that protesting is terrorism and all protesters are extremists are are violent.

Demonization by fake association.

Already being reinforced in this thread. Its maddening to watch in action.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I think it's real, meant to look like a false flag, to make those against OWS look bad. It's a fake, fake for real. Or something like that.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

It's the private, corporate interest/lobbying groups that need to be outlawed and jailed.

Also the bankers need to be brought to the Hague and charged with Financial Terrorism.

Blaming everything on the "rich" isn't going to help anything. It will make things worse.

I go even further and state that it isn't the "rich" who are at fault at all.

It is not even the corporations fault (donning asbestos suit now).

We are a democratic republic. There are those whose MANDATE is to ensure that economic exploitation, monopolies, and corporate fascism does NOT poison our government. They could have done that honorably... but they didn't. Instead they played the political theater of media celebrity and personal gain.

It's the fault of the politicians who SWEAR they are "one of us" and "going to help us" and "protect the Constitution" and "make things right" and then conduct insider trading deals, whoring themselves out for profit and vainglory.

But then.. to say you are protesting them is to say your protesting the government and thus are a terrorist....

Yes, this is exactly the propaganda that most see it for. After belittling and scoffing at them, the establishment sees their growing support and need to ensure that it cannot be tolerated. So, they create fear. It's the only thing the know how to do.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Agree with you 100%. The term rich is an illusion. The people you mentioned need to be removed from their positions of control and locked away in a nice maximum security prison that they built to hold the slaves.

Peace to you.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Some of the rich, even 1%ers are with the protesters, whether or not they are actually there protesting.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Wow this email is close my neck of the woods in Upstate NY, yet I haven't heard it mentioned once on the local news.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
I see this as one of the many looming problems thats about to errupt soon.

Would it be so bad if there was a max limit for personel wealth, before it becomes dangerous for the country that indevidual lives in due to the rich mans wealth respect and influence (also on the street side, celebraty value).

Once you hit 500m, is there really anything you cant do when you 'only' had 250m?

Besides buy a bigger island....
You know, the cap for the wealthy should be set at not letting them have more money than the government in charge.

The rich still hasn't hit the amount of revenue the US brings in or MINTS.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join