It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email: 'Time to kill the wealthy'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Don't kill em', just tax em'. "Time to kill the weathy"?? They probably have more guns and ammo than the poor so I think the bark is much bigger than the bite for the people send these emails.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think it's kind of hilarious. Unfortunately, I don't have the information on me, but someone I know who is very knowledgeable about this sort of things once told me that NYC is mainly funded by (approximately, they told me about a year ago) the top 5% of the residents there. He said that if those people leave, the city would be at a standstill in terms of finance.

Of course, like I said I don't have the source, so this is all just heresay. But food for thought.

I hope it's an empty threat, because no one deserves to die because they're rich.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I agree with your post but we are a Constitutional Republic, not a Democratic Republic....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The scary part of this email was about following a tech worker home and fire bombing his house.

If that person is working for a tech company most likely they aren't rich. Perhaps they are in the upper part of the middle class but most likely not rich.

The writer of this email is setting then income requirements for rich a little low.

Most of the responses to this post talk of millions and millions of dollars while I think that most tech workers don't fall into this category.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

A cap will never work. People will have less motivation to work, to invent stuff, to bring new ideas and new technologies if they can't keep the fruits of it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
As people get to the point where they feel they either have nothing left to lose, and or nothing but misery to gain from being part of "society", not only will you see these types of threats increase... they will eventually make the leap from threat to action... leave the rest to mob mentality... and it will spread like wildfire.

I see no other logical conclusion to this problem. The divide between the haves and have nots is just too wide at this point.. and it certainly feels like the balance is going to tip into violence.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Resinveins because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

I came up with a solution to this problem.
See my post here:

21st Century Business Model

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Class warfare is inevitable if things keep going the way they are.

The working poor keep getting knocked down while the wealthy just keep getting richer.

Once a civilization gets this top heavy it comes down.

If you're like me, and I know I am, you are ready.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
CIA

3 Letter Agency

False Flag

This is just some dumbass who was probably stoned at the time. Any minimal credability that these "Occupy ******" movements may have had goes out the window with this crap. As if the moron sending these e-mails isn't doing enough damage, the speculation on this thread does even more.

This clown isn't talking about killing the rich, he's talking about going to a business and shooting it up. What is that going to solve? There has never been a need for a "False Flag", because you can always count on some idiot to come up with crap like this, that will justify anything that the Government decides to do.

If you want to fix this and you know who this clown is, the best thing you can do is to turn him in. After kicking the crap out of him.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Maxmars

I agree with your post but we are a Constitutional Republic, not a Democratic Republic....

Agreed.... serves me right for posting while grinding my teeth....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
this country disgusts me at the moment other americans calling for the destruction of other americans

and looking more and more like by any means necessary this stupidity has got to stop before its too late.

once you start down this road anyone can be targeted and executed by mob rule just like a frankenstein book or movie.

people need to take a step back and reflect just how and where you want to get to never forget evil begets evil.

and if your an american sitting their claiming moral superiority over another american and you agree with murdering t

them then this country that use to be great has fallen far.
edit on 6-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

There are still more than enough opportunities for the "have nots" to become the "haves"...

This is just one example...

www.fourhourworkweek.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Could be.

Either that, or when the rich start heading for their DUMBs, it'll be a handy excuse to explain where a lot of them went.

If they are 'murdered', nobody is going to be looking for them...if a few hundred billionaires just drop dead of cancer or heart attacks over the next year, it's going to look too suspicious and people might go searching for answers and for them.

If we think they were killed, we won't...well, most of won't.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

While we're all speculating on the authenticity of the threat, imagine for a moment that it is real. What does this say to the mind-set of those that would applaud such an action?

I mean, it's all good and well to hate wealthy successful people. Why not kill them after you take their money for redistribution?

Joke, non-joke, actual threat, false flag; this is a disgusting illustration of the "movement".
And right now, this "movement" belongs to the bowels.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Still opportunities yes.. more than enough.. highly debatable. If you expect this problem to go away funded by speculative tech start ups I'd label you naive. With all due respect. A better barometer of what opportunities exist or do not exist would be represented by the unemployment rate.

The whole " hey you can succeed.. just do what this guy did" argument is weak at best. For every success story like that there are thousands and thousands of failures. Hardly a viable solution to a rampant and worsening problem.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well if it's a genuine threat, look on the bright side....there'll be a lot of jobs created in the security sector.

There's a silver lining everywhere, if you look for it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I have served in the British Army and I have killed .

For my Queen and Country ? No for my section , my brothers at arms , my life long friends.Its not something I ever wish to do again.

Its so easy for people unaccustomed to violence to say these things. Even easier to squeeze a trigger from a distance and drop a target from a far. Its the memory of it and the dreams that is hard to live with.

Sure everyone can talk the talk , not everyone can walk the walk.

I prey you never have to.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

While we're all speculating on the authenticity of the threat, imagine for a moment that it is real. What does this say to the mind-set of those that would applaud such an action?

It totally depends on the political ideology of the person who applauds the action.

If a more (establishment) liberal person applauds such a threat, we must investigate the rich and give voice to the oppressed.

If a more conservative or non-establishment liberal applauds such a threat, we must investigate them for terrorist connections and condemn their divisive and incite filled language.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Email: 'Time to kill the wealthy'

www.politico.com

Several influential New York lawmakers have received threatening emails saying it is “time to kill the wealthy” if they don’t renew the state’s tax surcharge on the millionaires, according to reports.

“It’s time to tax the millionaires!” reads the email, according to WTEN in Albany. “If you don’t, I’m going to pay a visit with my carbine to one of those tech companies you are so proud of and shoot every spoiled Ivy League [expletive] I can find.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Follow the Bentleys, from Goldman Sachs... Just kidding of course.

2nd line!
edit on 6-10-2011 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by beezzer

Well if it's a genuine threat, look on the bright side....there'll be a lot of jobs created in the security sector.

There's a silver lining everywhere, if you look for it.

Ha ha. If I had cracked a similar joke against a progressive, I'd be strung up by the neck.

Enjoy your freedom of speech.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join