It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email: 'Time to kill the wealthy'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
There's something wrong with this letter. A tech company, really?

Why not the military industrial complex, which takes up a majority percentage of the American budget directly through weapons manufacture or indirectly, through wars? Or financial houses, who sold Americans loans that they knew could not be paid back?

I don't think there should be a cap on wealth, but money influence in the halls of congress or parliament has to be removed immediately. The Samson Option will be exercised before this happens I think.

I have to wonder about some of these super wealthy people who amass billions of monies, just sitting in the bank. It's simply about power and control. Why, some of these people could become legends by funding the repair of infrastructure, building schools, hospitals, funding student education, some of these people have enough money to build colonies on the moon or mars, but it's just collecting in the bank....

Why? I wonder. I think I know the answer: It's simply about power and control. These people do not want peace on Earth, they do not want people to grow, they do not want people to transcend beyond the world they have been shown.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I didn't get my email.

Did they kill them already?

It would be sort of sick but oh well...Life hands you ups and downs.

Actually this is bad because it makes people pity the wealthy.
Luckily it is only a few blowhards making idle threats.

The wealthy are going to pull through this too ...you betcha.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The New York surcharge on the wealthy is set to expire at the end of this year, and Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Senate Republicans oppose continuing it. Under the surcharge, passed into law in 2009, individuals earning $200,000 or more pay 1 percentage point more in taxes, and those earning $500,000 or more pay a rate that is 2.12 percentage points higher than those earning less than $200,000. Less than 3 percent of New York households are affected by the surcharge.

supposedly it will discontinue - they probably just said this to calm the teenage harassers.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I agree with most of the replies here, False flag imo.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
are there a list of the millionaires, their profile, address and net worth?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Kill the wealthy? See you always get the tools coming into things and making everybody else look bad.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
about bloody time lol

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Is class warfare about to become...well, real class warfare?

I'm actually shocked it hasn't happened yet.

The threatening email was delivered to polticians and contained fairly detailed scenarios of what could happen if they didn't pass legislation the writer wanted:

“How hard is it for us to stake out one of the obvious access roads to some tech company, tail an employee home and toss a liquor bottle full of flaming gasoline through their nice picture window into their cute house...You’re going to do [renew the surcharge], or we are going to sow the kind of choas [sic] you are unequipped to deal with,” the email said. “And you’re going to find yourself in a country where you and your wealthy friends are gonig [sic] to be hunted.”

With protest in the air and the economy looking gloomy as ever, is violence hovering in the wings? Is the letter a credible threat against politicians and the rich? The ramblings of a lone angry man? Representative of harder-edged, more militant rage simmering among the general populace? A "false flag" desgined to stir things up (this being ATS we must at least entertain the possibility...) Or something else?

Be safe, America. I'm far away but you know I love you.

www.politico.com

edit on 10/6/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

I like how the author clearly read too much "mein kampf" But in that book the author also says something along the lines of "the poor man does not know the rich mans meal."

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Ya know, I just thought of something. People who kill other people, premeditated and for idealistic reasons, often times think that others would support their actions. With the rise of these protests, and the coverage and talk of the 99%, I wouldn't doubt that someone who is sick psychologically might actually think they are helping by murdering the people they think are responsible. Actually, this seems very likely in my opinion.

Honestly though, they are jumping ahead to step 103...We are on like step 3 right now. All out revolution may be necessary, but we haven't reached that point yet. But then again, something drastic could occur that shocks the nation, changing public sentiment even more, in which case you never know what anyone will do when their backs are really against the wall.

Cornering any animal, and leaving it no outs, is dangerous. There will be physical lashing out. There are people right now who have no options, and at the rate we are going, the majority of the population will have no outs at some point. That is the tipping point, and that is why the government better do something NOW. If they don't, it will only get worse.

It doesn't help when you think about history. Just look back. No empire has ever lasted. Every single currency that was based on "trust" has collapsed. Scary stuff. History repeats itself, and by studying it you will soon realize the devastation and destruction, even revolution that have accompanied such happenings.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FriendlyGopher
Obviously a false flag.

-Tech companies employees generally aren't the wealthy ones.
( Draw the attention away from Bankers, Traders and Oil companies?)
- The US policy on terrorist treads is to ignore them.
( This bill HAS to be rejected because of this email... brilliant)

i like your train of thought...
another possibility might be to have someone react to this not passing and give the people a reason to shut down protests as well as put a possible control factor on further situations.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Such a great post., I think it needs to be repeated over and over again! I don't think the super rich/elite need there multi billion dollar pay-cheques but a comfortable living is quite achievable by a worker on $1300 a week.

Save $300 a week for 25 years in a decent interest savings account and you have your first million, by that stage the interest per year is roughly 50-60k just on that amount alone, put your wage of lets say roughly 60k a year and thats 120k a year.... not living it rough anymore tbh.

I don't agree with the way the world currently works (i think interest should be abolished as it would erase interest debt) but you have to work with what your given.
edit on 7-10-2011 by SethGecko because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2011 by SethGecko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
What are the odds that the person who originated the threat is a social parasite living on benefits? A non-working non-contributing leech. Don't know how many choose the freeloading lifestyle in America but there are millions here in the UK who live parasitically. They also appear to be the only ones not affected by the recession - they can still afford their alcohol, mobile phone fees, taxi fares, designer clothes, Sky TV subscriptions and other non-necessities that hard workers have had to forgo.

Kill the wealthy? What's the point? Stop funding the parasites? Now there's a good idea!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
And right now, 30,000 or so unemployed and underemployed guys are reading that news item and thinking "y'know, it's been working to change things in other countries, and even if we send troops over there to try and stop it, we can't do anything but sit behind barricades. I wonder...."

What made anyone ever think that the selfish, violent American citizen wasn't going to eventually take what it is that he needs, and what (he now sees as) the bought and paid for political system was going to refuse to fight to win for him. The corporate elite has been ignorant about the capacity of this society to turn on it and its support system. Then again, they're programmed to only look 6 months down the road, with most of the focus on the next quarter. Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt and Libya have taught the pissed off American that he/she does have the power to affect the rich and well connected. That cat is out of the bag now.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus

Originally posted by TheBandit795
reply to post by Skewed

Originally posted by Skewed

Personally, I say strip them of their wealth and possessions. Give them a reset so to speak, reset them to zero and put them out on the streets without a pot to piss in.

They will be wealthy within a few years again... The same way a poor person who wins a million dollar lottery becomes poor again and deeper in debt within several years...

Then I guess it is back to killing the wealthy again...

No wonder why communist type governments kill millions.

so there are millions of rich communists?

really?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
What are the odds that the person who originated the threat is a social parasite living on benefits? A non-working non-contributing leech. Don't know how many choose the freeloading lifestyle in America but there are millions here in the UK who live parasitically. They also appear to be the only ones not affected by the recession - they can still afford their alcohol, mobile phone fees, taxi fares, designer clothes, Sky TV subscriptions and other non-necessities that hard workers have had to forgo.

Kill the wealthy? What's the point? Stop funding the parasites? Now there's a good idea!

You obviously have no real experience of what it's like to live in America. For the average person, it's like getting constantly drenched by cars blasting through mud puddles while the drivers are laughing at you. In England you (at least) get to see a doctor without losing your ability to plan for your future. My brother recently died of a cerebral hemorrhage, due to a car accident 6 months before that he refused ER treatment for (he didn't want to incur the debt, since he was between jobs, had lost his health insurance coverage, and at age 50, was not doing so well at landing a new position in the computer networking field he'd been in for the last 30 years). That tragedy is exactly what it's like to live in a true capitalistic society, and if it's dog eat dog for the winners, then it should be dog eat dog for everyone.

And it's no use trying to insist on rules concerning who can eat who and what constitutes food in this carnivore paradise. Not when the other side has just discovered a new way to win. All's fair in love and war - they say.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

My brother recently died of a cerebral hemorrhage, due to a car accident 6 months before that he refused ER treatment for (he didn't want to incur the debt, since he was between jobs, had lost his health insurance coverage, and at age 50, was not doing so well at landing a new position in the computer networking field he'd been in for the last 30 years). That tragedy is exactly what it's like to live in a true capitalistic society, and if it's dog eat dog for the winners, then it should be dog eat dog for everyone.

And it's no use trying to insist on rules concerning who can eat who and what constitutes food in this carnivore paradise. Not when the other side has just discovered a new way to win. All's fair in love and war - they say.

Sorry for your loss, i was under the impression England was like Australia's heath care system that it was free? How would he incur debt? My father passed through cancer but he had heaps of treatment and removals without payment a cent?

Sorry if im ignorant but yeah i was under the impression England had a better healthcare system than Australia?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
So what amount of money makes someone "rich"?
Whom will be the judge of where that limit will be?
Will the people who have been struggling their entire life to build something with their mind and hands be in the danger zone as well?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
So what amount of money makes someone "rich"?
Whom will be the judge of where that limit will be?
Will the people who have been struggling their entire life to build something with their mind and hands be in the danger zone as well?

According to the Australian government a "couple" earning 120k a year combined is considered rich and are now getting taxed more because of it.

Personally i consider 250k a year combined income would be rich, 120k a year in Australia especially Melbourne(one of the most expensive places in the 1st world to live) not rich.

People that earn 125k a year are hard workers and i certainly wouldn't take anything away from them, but a recent survey showed less than 5% of the population earn over 250k a year.... thats including the hard working class that do just get 250-300k a year (doctors, surgeons and others that help the public i can agree with)

High earning banks look at 250k a year laughing, think about it, if a bank has 300 million in public funds it can make 1.5 billion in 12 months and thats not even if its a risky investment.

The only solution i see which would see things even out is destroy interest completely on savings accounts, on loans and also obviously on borrowing. But nobody in the business world would consider doing this because its not going to make a "profit" it would actually make everybody equal, think about if you borrowed 300k for a house and over 25 years only had to pay back 300k? Im sure you'd pay it back in 10 years!
edit on 7-10-2011 by SethGecko because: the system is based around interest and it must be abolished!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
That e-mail is a joke. Whether it was meant to be serious or planted by someone to cause an uprising........it's a joke. One Million dollars makes you rich? Maybe in Uganda. But certainly not in America.
:

A million doesn't make you rich?!?!
I'm pretty sure if you total up all the money I will be able to earn in my lifetime it will not reach $1 MM. (unless we have hyperinflation lol).

But hey, if you say so...then I suppose you wouldn't mind paypalling me a million...heck, a hundred thousand would be just fine. Even ten thousand will do. I'll take a hundred, why not. Can you spare me $25 until next payday? Cup of coffee?

edit on 6-10-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

you are both right!

but how long will it take you to spend the million?

couple days, i'd say.

after the house and new cars, not much left over and not a lot coming in.

money management.

i would freak if i won or made millions, who the hell do you trust?

get a financial planner or do it yourself? lol!!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
$1 million doesn't make you rich (If you blow it on a huge house and a Ferrari for example). How you handle the $1 million is what makes you rich (If you use it to create an income of $50000-$1000000 or more a year for the rest of your life for example).

just saw your response after i posted pretty much the same thing.

upkeep on a million dollar house is quite a bit more than renting, lol!

don't forget property taxes, and that dream vacation you always wanted to take.

$1mill in a good return account can make you comfortable but most will never do that.

it's found money.

wealthy people aren't the problem. self made people are a testament to what america is.

"old money"? well people are born lucky, can you blame them? critique what they do with it and their life but to judge, kill and rob is asinine.

besides, who is gonna split up the spoils? lol!!!

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join