It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is FINISHED

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
All the treasure is in Christ and the treasure is his love. If we do away with him, we would simply be discarding the very best part of ourselves, and thus would be left in absolute poverty. Without his love, as our love, what do we have?
There is the spirit of one who always wants to try to crush Christ as the rock. There is a universal controversy surrounding the issue of spiritual authority. We must be careful. The sin of spiritual pride is always the last tempation of the evil one.

Just sayin.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Best always to take the lowest place, and then be moved up, to our surprise and everyone's benefit than to take the highest place, and be told it was reserved for another, and thus have to suffer the indignity of having to move down to a lower place.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

There is a universal controversy surrounding the issue of spiritual authority.

Serious curiosity. What do you mean by this, could you explain this in more detail?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Best always to take the lowest place, and then be moved up, to our surprise and everyone's benefit than to take the highest place, and be told it was reserved for another, and thus have to suffer the indignity of having to move down to a lower place.

I prefer to wait to be seated. LOL

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Yes, that's wise!

How many are in your party today sir? The Lord himself has requested that we seat you at his table this evening. I've heard the lamb is incredible, and the wine absolutely superb!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by NewAgeMan

There is a universal controversy surrounding the issue of spiritual authority.

Serious curiosity. What do you mean by this, could you explain this in more detail?

You will need to read this then

Spiritual Authority, by Watchman Nee (on line)

www.teachtheword.com...

It is best explained there.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
All the treasure is in Christ and the treasure is his love. If we do away with him, we would simply be discarding the very best part of ourselves, and thus would be left in absolute poverty. Without his love, as our love, what do we have?
There is the spirit of one who always wants to try to crush Christ as the rock. There is a universal controversy surrounding the issue of spiritual authority. We must be careful. The sin of spiritual pride is always the last tempation of the evil one.

Just sayin.

Look at it this way my friend. Christ is "YOUR" comforter, the Holy Spirit within YOU.

Some one else will get that same comforter, but presented in the way that THEY understand.

Never let those illusions come between your Brotherhood.

Be a comforter to all, and the world will know your name.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Hi IAMIAM,

Please refer to my post from page 6:
Post by puzzlesphere
Did you read it?... or did you glance over it along with many of the other negative or derogatory posts? Please read it for your own good, and for those close to you. If your behaviour towards your loved ones is similar to what you are displaying here, then I am sure they are worried for you.

You are displaying classic symptoms of schizophrenia, and while you seem to be in a fairly benign state of mind at the moment (though as this thread continues, you are showing more aggression), there are subtle passive aggressive tendencies in your responses that speak volumes of your inner mindset. My experience with schizophrenia suggests that if not addressed, unpredictable behaviours can flare up from seemingly innocuous events, which can lead to tragic consequences for both yourself and those around you, particularly those who care for you.

It is in your best interests to seek out a highly educated person/professional to talk to in private (this could be a counsellor, psychiatrist, psychologist, or even a figure of authority in your life such as a priest or other religious figure that you trust and respect) to get an objective, knowledgeable opinion on what you are saying (ATS is not the best place for introspective evaluation of your psych).

If for nothing else, another human mind focused purely on exploring your thoughts will help distinguish the importance or source of your various views.

Good Luck!
Cheers

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by puzzlesphere

Did you consider hes trying to say something a little deeper then what you see...

Im sure he doesn't need any pseudo psychoanalysis from a member of a forum...

Even if what you're saying is simply "advice"... Its quite the assumption.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by puzzlesphere
Hi IAMIAM,

Please refer to my post from page 6:
Post by puzzlesphere
Did you read it?... or did you glance over it along with many of the other negative or derogatory posts? Please read it for your own good, and for those close to you. If your behaviour towards your loved ones is similar to what you are displaying here, then I am sure they are worried for you.

You are displaying classic symptoms of schizophrenia, and while you seem to be in a fairly benign state of mind at the moment (though as this thread continues, you are showing more aggression), there are subtle passive aggressive tendencies in your responses that speak volumes of your inner mindset. My experience with schizophrenia suggests that if not addressed, unpredictable behaviours can flare up from seemingly innocuous events, which can lead to tragic consequences for both yourself and those around you, particularly those who care for you.

It is in your best interests to seek out a highly educated person/professional to talk to in private (this could be a counsellor, psychiatrist, psychologist, or even a figure of authority in your life such as a priest or other religious figure that you trust and respect) to get an objective, knowledgeable opinion on what you are saying (ATS is not the best place for introspective evaluation of your psych).

If for nothing else, another human mind focused purely on exploring your thoughts will help distinguish the importance or source of your various views.

Good Luck!
Cheers

I understand your concern and presumption that what I say cannot come from a sane mind. What is not rational is not explaining your position. You have not even explained your point of view that I might understand your language. If you took the time to discuss your point of view rather than shielding your eyes from mine, I might find a way to lead you to mine.

The insanity is your arrogant approach to thinking you know everything without my point of view.

This life is as unique as your own. You do not know what I know.

Your life is equally unique. I do not know what you know.

If you do not come to share, go away. Yours is not truth I want in my cup.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 4-10-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It is quite the presumption, and I normally wouldn't presume... except that I have had a very close friend display almost identical behaviour, almost word for word, in some instances from this thread. He addressed everyone with a "brother" as well as many other similarities. I also read through many of IAMIAM's previous posts and saw a very similar progression of thoughts to my friend in the lead up to his psychosis.

At the time, we half thought he was joking and would somewhat encourage his theories, however this just confirmed a lot of these thoughts in his head, and he developed an ever more detached, but intense personality, with more and more outlandish claims. His final downward spiral was extremely scary, and it was only during one of his more lucid moments that he actually managed to ask to be committed, as I think he half realised that he wasn’t thinking straight. I won't go into specific details, but many sad things happened during his episode.

We have talked extensively since the incident, and he has a very clear memory of everything that happened up until the last few days, and while at times he almost seemed to be divine in his understanding of things (similar to IAMIAM), there was a price for it. He calls it "mind burn", and says it is the best way he can describe what was happening inside his head, where "pure" thoughts or "answers" seemed to float out of nowhere (he ascribed to it to God at the time, but now ascribes it to his sub-conscious), and if he "believed" them he would get more "answers". He says that they shone, and would burn away his inner freedom of thought, and this led to a downward spiral where he couldn't independently make a thought or decision but seemed to be ruled by his sub-conscious entirely. He did not understand this at the time, and thought he was completely in control, and it is only years later, after much thought and meditation is he able to explain somewhat what was happening in his mind.

I have somewhat butchered my friends explanation in this post, but the general gist is there, and is why I am concerned for IAMIAM and felt the need to relate my experiences and suggestions.

I think it is excellent to expand one’s mind, but IAMIAM seems to be speaking in circular dependencies (such as “I am who I am”), and this is the basest form of mental loop that someone can get caught in.

I do apologise if I sounded overly forceful, it was probably just my concern, but I do think it is a good idea for IAMIAM to talk to someone objective in private. At the very least it would be the first step in confirming his beliefs if there is truth behind them.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I do apologise if I sounded overly forceful, it was probably just my concern, but I do think it is a good idea for IAMIAM to talk to someone objective in private. At the very least it would be the first step in confirming his beliefs if there is truth behind them.

What do you doubt that I have claimed?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I don't doubt that you have claimed anything.

This is why it would be good for you to take your message outside of ATS.

You have asked for our leaders to be notified, and stated you will restore peace. No matter how you look at it your first stop should be someone who can confirm your sanity and sanctity to the world. It will be required in any court of the lands.

May as well go to the source first, an evaluation would confirm yourself, and would be your first step toward universal acceptance. ATS has some great minds, but until you consult someone outside of this forum your message can’t spread.

edit on 4-10-2011 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I believe he said he was. I also believe it is the continual comments directed at him that is causing him to stick around.

What will be will be. It is not your right to judge.

IAMIAM, I bid you farewell.
edit on 4-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

the issue is that you and most of the others on this thread have assumed he is saying something hes not because of the fact that this is in the religious section. Quite similar to issues i have with others on this forum that claim Jesus was God... though he did not say that he was.

I am who i am... I shall also make that claim, because its true. I am.... who i am. Im no one but myself.

We have talked extensively since the incident, and he has a very clear memory of everything that happened up until the last few days, and while at times he almost seemed to be divine in his understanding of things (similar to IAMIAM), there was a price for it.

Have you given IAMIAM this same respect?

Have you read his threads?

Do you understand the things he says within his threads?

Have you spoken with him in person? Or even sent a U2U msg to him if you're so concerned? The man lives by the words of Jesus so i garentee, anything you ask of him.... he will do. So instead of judging based on something you assume hes saying... If you don't understand him and are concerned about his message, why don't you ask him personally?

Ask and you shall recieve...

He's asking you to explain your judgement towards him... or what doubts you have.

Could you not give him this respect instead of assuming hes a nut... because i assure you, he is not.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

I don't doubt that you have claimed anything.

This is why it would be good for you to take your message outside of ATS.

You have asked for our leaders to be notified, and stated you will restore peace. No matter how you look at it your first stop should be someone who can confirm your sanity and sanctity to the world. It will be required in any court of the lands.

May as well go to the source first, an evaluation would confirm yourself, and would be your first step toward universal acceptance. ATS has some great minds, but until you consult someone outside of this forum your message can’t spread.

edit on 4-10-2011 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

If you would stop looking at me and finding ways to fault me, you would see what I am saying is not about ME.

This is about YOU.

Why do YOU judge someone simply because they say they are the Son of God. Why can't YOU make such a proclamation? If one does say they are the Son of God, and you believe that such a God exists, do you have faith that your God would smite down someone who falsely proclaimed to be his child? What matter is it to you if that Son of God is saying, "Hello Brothers and Sisters! YOU are Children of God as well!"

Maybe you are an atheist?!

Ok if you are.

I am the Son of Man. Aren't you?

If not, from what gene pool do you hail?

Now I am sure your concern is more about the call made in the OP. What is your concern?

Are you afraid for my sanity because I have seen enough blood shed and suffering in this world that I am willing to go to the East and offer myself as a peacemaker even if it costs me my life?

I am afraid of your sanity that you would question someone's sanity who does.

I am not looking for universal acceptance. I am looking for you all to universally accept each other into the family of Man and stop the non-sensical dispute over this world that belongs to all of us.

Clear?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I can tell by your picture and attention seeking that your a very unhappy individual in this world... Is this a cry for help?

May i offer you a Bible to humble your self.

Life is not a game its a test my friend.

Being a false prophet will not lead you on a happy pursuit.

No matter how many people you have duped.

Unless you repent you will face judgement.

Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life.

Without him we are helpless.

As a fallen race he is our life giver, our redeemer and savior.

Thank God for the baby in the manger.

edit on 4-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

I have already faced judgement my friend, YOUR judgement.

If you are ashamed of what I have said here, then move on.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Bravo!!

well said my friend!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

I have already faced judgement my friend, YOUR judgement.

If you are ashamed of what I have said here, then move on.

I am commanded to spread the gospel and expose false prophets and false doctrines.

Deuteronomy 18: 20 'But the prophet who speaks a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.' 21 "You may say in your heart, 'How will we know the word which the LORD has not spoken?' 22 "When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken, the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

Below, YHWH warns what will happen to those who are willing to follow false prophets:

Jeremiah 14: 14 ADONAI replied, "The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I didn't send them, order them or speak to them. They are prophesying false visions to you, worthless divinations, the delusions of their own minds. 15 Therefore," ADONAI says, "concerning the prophets who prophesy in my name, whom I did not send, yet they say, 'There will be neither war nor famine in this land' - it will be war and famine that will destroy those prophets. 16 And the people to whom they are prophesying will be thrown out into the streets of Yerushalayim because of the famine and war, with no one to bury them - them, or their wives, or their sons, or their daughters - because I will pour their own wickedness out upon them. 17 You are to give them this message: 'Let my eyes stream with tears night and day, unceasingly, because the virgin daughter of my people has been severely broken; she has been dealt a crushing blow. 18 If I go out in the field, I see those slain with the sword. If I enter the city, I see the victims of famine. Meanwhile, prophets and cohanim ply their trade in the land, knowing nothing.'" 19 Have you rejected Y'hudah completely? Is Tziyon loathsome to you? Why have you struck us irreparably? We looked for peace, but to no avail; for a time of healing, but instead found terror! 20 We confess our rebellion, ADONAI, also the crimes of our ancestors; yes, we have sinned against you. 21 For your name's sake, do not spurn us; do not dishonor your glorious throne. Remember your covenant with us; do not break it. 22 Among the nations' idols, can any make it rain? Can the skies, of themselves, send showers? Aren't you the one, ADONAI, our God? Don't we look to you? For you do all these things.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join