It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by ARealandTrueAmerican

The cops had already shut down the lane they were walking in. They only spread out across the road when the cops blocked off the ends.

Bull#.

And besides, when you enter the road, you are no longer protected. If they didnt know that, they are idiots.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

The cops had already shut down the lane they were walking in

To protect the silly people walking on the road from being hit by cars - why didnt they stay on the footpath, and leave the road for the cars?

What gave them the right to stop other Americans doing what they had a right to do, drive across the bridge?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It is disingenuous at best for the protesters to claim they didnt enter the roadway. Videos clearly show it. To blame the police is absurd. Videos show hundreds of protesters, buy their own free will, entering the road way. ANY protester should know that when you enter the road, your 'protest' is no longer legal, and you will be subject to arrest. Feigning ignorance is not a defense.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
To the last few guys above me.

I love you guys, seriously.
Upset that protesters against corruption in America might have interrupted someones daily rat race.
What are you guys good for other than complaining and then not doing anything about it? I look forward to the hypocrisy of your future postings.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

It's a protest, WHO GIVES A #? I forgot there was rules for outrage? I forgot that you had to get your permit before you speak. I forgot you there was a height limit on soap boxes. I forgot we don't have the right to use a bullhorn to organize and speak our minds. Anyone who whines about a road being shut down is weak and I wouldn't want them standing by my side when it's my turn to stand face to face with one of these bought out cops and then the storm troopers that follow when someone gets fed up and pepper sprays those cops back.
edit on 2-10-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

It's a protest, who gives a #? I forgot there was rules for outrage? I forgot that you had to get your permit before you speak. I forgot you there was a height limit on soap boxes. I forgot we don't have the right to use a bullhorn to organize and speak our minds.

Look, I'm just informing you of the basic rules of engagement. I've attended several large protests over the years, and know the taste of pepper spray, as well as the laws of this country. I suspect this is your first protest, and you are making it VERY obvious you dont know what the basic laws protecting your rights to protest actually are. But here's a starter tip from a veteran; when you enter the street, you are askign to be arrested-dont feign surprise when it happens. Also, dont make claims that can be disproved with video. It proves you to be a liar.

Perhaps you should educate yourself so that next time a handful of plainclothes cops cant convince your 'movement' to break the law, giving the cops an excuse to arrest you.

Conversely, you could familiarize yourself with the law, so that when you DO iuntentionally break it, you will know when how and why.
edit on 2-10-2011 by ARealandTrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

To the last few guys above me.

I love you guys, seriously.
Upset that protesters against corruption in America might have interrupted someones daily rat race.
What are you guys good for other than complaining and then not doing anything about it? I look forward to the hypocrisy of your future postings.

Since you are unfairly lumping me in with others who are expressing a different sentiment, i will respond;

I am not being critical of the protesters for protesting. I am countering your claims that protesters didnt enter the roadway, which is an obvious lie. Why are you avoiding this simple fact?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I am familiar with the law.
The argument was never about the legality. It was about the cops leading them there allowing them to think they could cross and then blocking them in. If they thought there was an exception for their large group then the were mislead and trapping them there was dangerous and illegal.
I said the had the right to cross the bridge, not block the road. People in these threads like to twist the fact, don't believe me my post is on the last page.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Any pics, media accounts? Did this happen and if not when is it planned? Re: Marines voluntarily going to Wall Street in uniform.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I am familiar with the law.
The argument was never about the legality. It was about the cops leading them there allowing them to think they could cross and then blocking them in. If they thought there was an exception for their large group then the were mislead and trapping them there was dangerous and illegal.
I said the had the right to cross the bridge, not block the road.

Then AGAIN, how do you account for the video that shows hundreds of protesters IN THE ROAD screaming 'take the bridge', and not 'cross the bridge'??

Is your claim now that the protesters didnt want to 'take the bridge', but merely wanted to cross it to hang out in Brooklyn?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Big ups to the occupy wall street movement for stopping traffic, must be doing something right to get enough people to stop traffic. Im still not convinced that there is such a thing as non violent revolution though. I think they should have taken an example from the new planet of the apes movie when the cops are on the bridge, there were alot more people than police there.

Peace Out (to all the real people)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Why are they saying take the bridge? Why aren't they just crossing (or taking) the bridge? How were they stopped for a while by the cops but then get past them? Did they push? Did they get violent? Did the cops let them? How did they get on the bridge after the point in which they were stopped and yelling take the bridge?
What does take the bridge mean? Does it mean take it as in make it on to and over or take it and hold it. Is it meant as in making ground or planting there?

All accounts I have seen were that they were there to cross the bridge not occupy it.

Earlier in the day, two other marches crossed over the bridge without any problems. One was by a group opposed to genetically modified food and the other was marching against poverty. Occupy Wall Street has been rallying against several issues including corporate greed, global warming and social inequalities.

www.wnyc.org...

What are the differences between these marches? This group should have been allowed to cross. What causes more of a disruption: People crossing on a closed lane, still allowing traffic through, or the cops closing off both ends of the bridge of two hours and arresting people needlessly?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Man, i clicked on the last page to find out what was going on with the marines. Isn't there a thread about the bridge already? I don't even want to try going through the 40 pages to see if there's any posts about the actual marines and army and other military... I'll go back 2 or 3 pages. If I find anything OF NOTE, I will return within the hour. If I don't return, anyone reading this will know that you have to skip to at least page 37 or 36 if you are looking for an update on the marine situation or other marine-related content.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

I just asked for an update regarding the original topic and as far as I can tell, there isn't one.
Another words, Marines appear to be a no-show, to date.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
What COUNTRY do you people live in..."America"? Apparently, you've forgotten EVERYTHING "America" has stood for. Out of the hundreds of comments, i've read so far, on ATS, regarding this "protest"...I have yet to see one...that vaguely resembles this infamous quote:

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

Now, i'm not one for violence....but if you think that screaming and chanting is gonna make them listen...THINK AGAIN! Sure, there ARE better ways to go about voicing your outrage....but really, you ARE to blame for this mess! How, you ask, are YOU to blame? Oh, i dont know....perhaps dealing with bankers; buying crap you don't need; spending money you don't have; driving your S.U.V., an hour or so away from home; dishonestly collecting money from welfare, and unemployment. Any one of those is reason enough, for bringing down a once, GREAT nation.

America went from being a manufacturing country, to a lazy, consuming nation. And no, outsourcing isn't the problem either. The problem is you LET things get out of control, by not standing up, when you should have. The time to protest was 10 years ago....during the illegal presidency of one, George W. Bush, Jr. Heck, changes could have been made 3 years ago....when he begged you for a bailout....so his friends could stay in business...while keeping you in debt. Americans have no one to blame, but themselves.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

"A rumor had circulated that Marines were coming all the way from Florida on behalf of the protesters, to protect them from the NYPD. “I didn’t fight for Wall Street,” posted serviceman Ward Reilly on his Facebook wall. “I fought for America.” Reilly had pledged that a Marine formation would be held that night. But the Marines hadn’t yet turned up in Zucotti Park. They must have been tied up in traffic."

source: www.edrants.com...

Guessing they're not there yet, but this quote has me thinking it ain't going to happen. "Reilly //Facebook message poster// added, “Please note...this is from another veteran, NOT ME. (I was Army, he's a Marine)...and I am on my way to DC, not NYC. :>) ....but this is fantastic, and he's not a VFP guy....just a soldier that is outraged by what we have become in this country, as it should be."

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
While I was lurking on this site, I remember seeing various posts about how different members of Obama administration were stating that military vets are a threat due because they are easily radicalized and due to their weaponry training.

Why is it that reading that that uniformed marines getting involved in the occupy protests fills me with dread? I fear that the the powers that be will use this to their advantage...
edit on 3-10-2011 by relique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Is this a marine?

ETA Source: www.dailykos.com...

edit on 10/3/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by paddz420

Poland did it a few decades ago

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Even if the vets did go to Wall street then what do thinks going to happen...their brothers in arms are going to join them?

The NYPD won't treat them any differently than anyone else, they could beat them seven shades of blue, MSM will dig up every sleazy misdemeanor they can find on the Vets, you only need one or two turning up with minor drug possession offenses or prior drunken brawling or even better some Marine Corp rejects or wannabes turn up in uniform, then some serving Marine Corp heroes showing their patriotic distaste for the disgrace these individuals have brought upon the Corp will be broadcast on every news channel until it's all forgotten about.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join