It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by Druid42

You need to realize that there aren't enough of you, and any violence will be quickly crushed and the crowd dispersed and many jailed... That is the BEST case here if it gets violent.

You also need to realize that there are greater forces involved here, broader agendas and they REALLY are hoping that some of the kids there do get violent, and that it spreads... But hey, who am I to tell anyone what to do.

If it gets violent, at least it will all be over rather quickly... And maybe then you'll realize that the rest of America never had any intentions of getting involved or showing up... Hell most people don't even have a clue as to what this is all actually about... Even many of the protesters seem unsure.

If it goes the way of violence, best of luck to all involved.

Druid ....these few people have decided they are tired of the same old game plan . If they want tocfreate some action or variety in the plan why does it bother you . Maybe if you are the babyboomer generation , you have become fearfull of change as what happens by the time your that age .
Each new generation has the right to try and change a direction that the previous generation set in place.

To want always more of the same is unproductive to human growth . Let the young people try and make a difference to their lives .

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonex

That is a good thought too. What color do you think? I thought of hunter Orange at first. Kind of a see the people through the forest kind of thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

I'm not Druid.

These few people are simply sacrificial lambs in a game much bigger than them. They are there because of the effectiveness of "the plan".

If this gets violent, you can bet somewhere, behind computers those most directly involved will be celebrating and exchanging nerdy high fives!

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by Anusuia

I'm not Druid.

These few people are simply sacrificial lambs in a game much bigger than them. They are there because of the effectiveness of "the plan".

If this gets violent, you can bet somewhere, behind computers those most directly involved will be celebrating and exchanging nerdy high fives!

Good luck.

So whats the game plan . .Thats exactly what I am talking about ...all these people are wanting is so life in their miserables lives . The stupid government troll who thinks this or that and will hi five each other when the violence starts . The guys and gals on the street , the really stupid police officers . What do they all have in common ?

They want action , variety , not the same old same old . People are seeking a spice in life that has been lost due to this over controlled mechanism .
So bring it on . Let them all play as they are the people , the human race and they are deciding how to act and behave accordingly as to the enviroment around them .

What can be done ? So back to what you think the fear is behind this .

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
What's with all the naysayers?

These brave Americans are risking all they have to protest the selling off of our Constitution to the highest global multinational conglomerate buyer.

"all they have'? This is the hyperbole I refer to above. "all they have' would be a LOT more than risking being arrested and held overnight.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I hope some video footage of these uniformed vets starts to surface on YouTube pretty soon here, or I'll be wondering if the whole thing just fizzled out. It seems as though this report of military vets headed to "protect the protestors" was blown way out of proportion by many people on the Internet given the fact we still have yet to see proof of any such thing taking place.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observor
Wonder if the "equality" you seek is restricted to those within the boundaries of your country/region or across the globe. If the latter, you might think of first giving up your computer until everyone in the world can afford one. If the former, wonder what the justification is.

see, this is where the soup turns to mudd.
your equality of possessions/materialism doesn't compare to the individual equality humans seek.

you 'think' that because i have one, i must have bought it ... surprise, you'd be wrong.

it was given to me over a period of time in pieces. i earned (not bought) each of them and then taught myself how to assemble it and here i am. since then, i've done the same for another 8 ppl and other than time and energy (both still free resources) what did it cost me, the neighbor, the taxpayer or the govt ??? nothing.
i didn't contribute to the money machine, i saved space in the dump, i re-cycled what others perceived as trash and i helped my fellow man ... what have you done lately?

the statement: you don't deserve one unless you earn one, is a valid point.
no one is insisting you buy one ... but that is still a free mans' choice.
just because you cannot control or channel your envy should not be the responsibility of the next guy.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Looking at your post about this protest and violence and many gaoled, there were many gaoled, 700 is the figure so far, and the protesters were not violent. The few pictures I have seen were police attempting snatch and grab, not always successful, yet they did manage 700 criminal arrests. Wall street criminal arrests over the money crisis and before the protests? well, I have five digits on each hand, and both hands are almost empty as regards a count.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I heard that the rally at wall street was for a mass wedding for gay Marines but nobody wanted to tell

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

All Marines are green, bigot. I earned my EGA gay Marines are still Marines and Im not gay but I support happiness and Marines they can have sex with whoever they want but it is unwarrented comments like that, that are BS cause gay or not they will still send and recieve rounds down range so you can pick on them. grow up

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by seabag

This, more then anything else, is why "Occupy Wall Street" won't accomplish much more then short-term attention. Lack of focus, lack of cohesive goals, lack of direction and lack of management. It was doomed before it started (as a movement)

It was never intended to do any of that.

They wanted a fight, still do.... Question is, will it happen?

Chances are, hopefully eventually everyone will go home, life will go on, and those involved will be more confused disillusioned and disappointed than before, but these are things that again can be exploited and used to motivate.. Maybe they'll come back with weapons, ready for a fight next time?

edit on 2-10-2011 by Fractured.Facade because:
I'm tired

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I don't believe they'll be able to effect any sort of "lasting change", or even approach their stated objectives. I further believe that the real objective is to set fires at several different points, in several different cities, with the real objective being to burn the whole thing down. Then they hope to "reorganize", after their own likeness and in their own image, in the ashes of the aftermath. That is the consolidation phase, the point where the collectivists traditionally "liquidate" the opposition that they had previously employed and directed to achieve their own goals (aka Stalin's "useful idiots), and there is a phase, either longer or shorter, of fighting "counterrevolutionaries", ensuring that they are the faction that comes out on top.

I see that as the plan in operation, but how far it gets along that path is dependent upon a lot of variables. So far, in the US those sorts of plans have fizzled out in the inception for the most part, and this one may, too. The thing to watch for is how many points these "fires" flare up at, and when they turn violent. "Agent provocateurs" are not a uniquely GOVERNMENT monopoly. Collectivists have used them to good effect time and time again, all the while BLAMING the first shot on the government. The idea is to PROVOKE a government crackdown, thus galvanizing public opinion against the government for it's "heavy-handedness", and in favor of "the movement", while the collectivist directors of that movement remain in the shadows to avoid attention, making it appear to be a "spontaneous popular uprising".

How far will it get this time? Who knows? We can hope it fizzles out again, and that room will be made for meaningful change in it's place. I just think it's prudent to be aware of the strategies, and watch for the signs. When you see them, you will recognize them if you know what to look for. In that way, we can all plan accordingly to insure our own survival - and hope that we never have to activate those contingency plans.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Unless there are positive outcomes from the protest, I would disagree that this is anything close to 'IT'. Ppl accuse the MSM of sensationalizing... maybe ATS thread starters should adhere to the same standards

edit on 2/10/2011 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I want to think candidly for a moment and I don't want a bunch of people jumping down my throat. I support a peaceful protest, but I really don't think they work.

With that said, and I'm not advocating violence, but isn't a peaceful protest like tricking an entire army into complaining instead of fighting? Like with the cops corralling these people onto the bridge and then arresting them. That blows my mind, those people could have just muscled their way right out.

Still I am for peaceful protests until a point and that point is when they start arresting the peaceful. When they are arresting peaceful protestors, well you have to put a stop to that.

Again not advocating anything, especially nothing like rioting, but just massive resistance. You don't have to let your fellow men get arrested you know.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS
Unless there are positive outcomes from the protest, I would disagree that this is anything close to 'IT'. Ppl accuse the MSM of sensationalizing... maybe ATS thread starters should adhere to the same standards

edit on 2/10/2011 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

Of course this isn't IT. But it has the potential to become it.

The Unions are starting to support the protestors, the veterans are starting to support the protestors. The cops are starting to play dirty.

I think when the OP says THIS IS IT, they mean this is the beginning of IT. It could escalate with a moment's notice, and it could spread to other cities.

The country is a tinderbox. We won't know that is IT, until the moment it happens, and then we will be neck deep before we know it!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Like with the cops corralling these people onto the bridge and then arresting them.

Do you really believe that is true?

If so, could you explain why.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Here is an interesting account from someone who says he was there on the bridge:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

*Just adding as food for thought
edit on 2-10-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

And in this video you can clearly hear and see the protesters shouting "take the bridge"

So, which is more accurate... video, or the accounts?

Curious, nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

There is another video, a different perspective, also posted just below that one.

My opinion? It was mixed factors and I think some went with intent and others were caught in the crowd.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

My opinion? It was mixed factors and I think some went with intent and others were caught in the crowd.

Deviously clever tactics... If things go from bad to worse in these protests, would you want to be one of those "caught in the crowd" people?

A leaderless group like this is more dangerous to itself than to anyone on the outside.

Then again, maybe that is the whole point?

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join