It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+225 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

".....October 1, 2011 - TAMPA, FL - The Occupy Wall Street movement may have just received an unexpected surprise – United States Army and Marine troops are reportedly on their way to various protest locations to support the movement and to protect the protesters.

Army serviceman Ward Reilly posted the following on Facebook, “I'm heading up there tonight in my dress blues. So far, 15 of my fellow marine buddies are meeting me there, also in Uniform.

I want to send the following message to Wall St and Congress:

I didn't fight for Wall St. I fought for America. Now it's Congress' turn.

Occupy Wall Street BREAKING NEWS

LOOK AT WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW.. CAN YOU IMAGINE NEXT WEEKS HEADLINES...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The should be stickied

+72 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
That sounds like a veteran group doing it on their own - when I read your title, it sounded like forces were being SENT IN, under ORDERS.

I am a vet. I understand how they feel, except I did am not a combat vet. If I were - in these wars, I imagine I'd be pretty upset if I ever sat down and studied why I was sent to fight.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker
The should be stickied

Thanks.. I hope the word gets out... LOOKS LIKE MARINES, Verizon, the NYPD its elf as well as Unions too are all joining in... this is really it folks... hunker down... it can get ugly from here...

+48 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
OOOOH...I hope that this is true! It's about time. I can't wait to see the videos of local police trying to "take down" or hush US Armed Forces in full dress. For all of you on ATS who stated that this "Occupy Wall Street Thing" won't work...think again. This is just a start. This is what we pay our soldiers to protect...OUR FREEDOM.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
My Husband is a former marine.. he would give them HELL. (we are in Texas....lets see what this group can do to protect Amerika... ummm I mean AMERICA!)

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is wonderful. The thread title is kind of misleading but kudos to the veterans who have decided to stand up. Let a police officer attempt to behave like an animal towards one of our veterans as they have done towards peaceful citizens.

I'm honestly shocked here at some of this.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hmmmm.... very skeptical about this "help"

They will "help" them "protest" by moving them away and into "free speech zones..."

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Good for these vets lets hope it becomes a trend!

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I never agreed with the protesters on ideology but I did agree with who they are protesting. Now that Americans not of any particular ideological leaning are getting involved this is something that can no longer be ignored as some political fringe protest. The men in uniform going to protest and defend their fellow protestors, telling the world the truth: Our soldiers do not fight for Wall Street or Congress, they fight for America!

Let’s see what happens now. It could get very interesting.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

They will "help" them "protest" by moving them away and into "free speech zones..."

As noted above, these are induvidual vetrans heading up there on their own volition.. not under any orders per se

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

Without comment either pro or con on the nature of the protest I simply comment that if servicemen do indeed appear in uniform they open themselves up to some pretty big problems with the service. The US Army (and all other services) highly regulate the wearing of the uniform. In the case of the US Army AR 670-1 governs this and states in part:

j. Wearing Army uniforms is prohibited in the following situations:
(1) In connection with the furtherance of any political or commercial interests, or when engaged in off-duty civilian employment.
(2) When participating in public speeches, interviews, picket lines, marches, rallies, or public demonstrations, except as authorized by competent authority.
(3) When attending any meeting or event that is a function of, or is sponsored by, an extremist organization. (4) When wearing the uniform would bring discredit upon the Army. (5) When specifically prohibited by Army regulations.

My experience is that this would be handled quickly by military police particularly with the advance warning that has now been given.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

I didn't fight for Wall St. I fought for America

You don't know how many times I have said this myself.
I didn't join the Army to protect Wall St. I did it to protect my fellow citizens, and if I knew then what I know now I would never have enlisted. I commend these guys, I have been out a long time (17 years) but if I was near the protest I'd have gone...I can't I am broke and trying to attend school too, so there's no option just taking off and going. It's frustrating!

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I can picture these Marines lining up in front of the protesters and staring down upon the cops with determination. This will look so bad on the cops and opposition of the protesters if anything were to happen to the Marines. Imagine seeing a headline - "NYPD mace Marines defending protesters".

Win-Win situation for the OccupyWallstreet movement.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Lets hope they do as they say. Protect the Protestors. I do wonder how the NYPD are going to deal with this. Will they arrest these marines? Or will there be a another stand off.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

As noted above, these are induvidual vetrans heading up there on their own volition.. not under any orders per se

And they won't have weapons and will be treated the same as any other demonstrator. If they try and get physical with the cops they will learn one Marine is not enough against six cops with batons and Tasers.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

What are they going to arrest them for?

They will most likely just stand in front of the protesters and stare down on the cops.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I have read their declaration and can agree with about 20 of their points. I definitely support them in who they have chosen to protest against. I wish I was even 500 miles closer, I would go. Any protests closer to Florida?

+7 more 
link   
I wonder how many people are now eating their words.

And here they come, unannounced and prepared to do what they swore to do.

I have heard it time and time again that our armed forces would turn on the civilians and how they could not be trusted. I hope this now relaxes those gross exaggerations.

link   

Originally posted by wasco2

Originally posted by rogerstigers

And they won't have weapons and will be treated the same as any other demonstrator. If they try and get physical with the cops they will learn one Marine is not enough against six cops with batons and Tasers.

Sounds like you want them to fail.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join