It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentC

TPTB would love nothing better than a civil war, that way they remain in power and only get richer and grab more power, they do after all, own both the left and the right *parties*

Civil war they will finance, Revolution they will fear. One side can start a civil war, but not a peaceful revolution.

People keep forgetting, united we stand. Divided we fall

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
reply to post by watcher3339

You're grossly under estimating these protesters. The other day I was watching a clip of an interview of one protester who is a foreign policy major. Looked like he just got back from hiking in the Alaskan wilderness. These protesters seem to be educated, young and hardy.

Anyway time will tell.

Regarding your last point, make sure you are interpreting the U.S. Constitution post American Civil War. Like Ron Paul for example has a pre ACW interpretation. Make sure your interpretations are current. Your views don't have to be however.
edit on 2-10-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: grammar

Do you realize how obnoxious it is to tell someone to "make sure" that their "interpretations are current"?
Oh the levels of that.
It is the Constitution. There is what it is and nothing else. To try and even pigeon hole it to a timeline defeats the timeless nature that the document itself seeks.
And that this is coming from someone who supports the protests is just rich. Perhaps I should tell you to make sure your interpretations are pre dirty money influence.
The Supreme Court via Judicial Review is the practicing way to temporarily "freeze" the Constitution at a given moment in time. If you support the protests then you must beleive that our government, which includes the Supreme Court, has been undermined by the money flowing in from Wall Street. But what, you believe that you are able to determine a point in time at which interpretations were valid???

Also I don't care what major some college kid is pursuing. Really, I am supposed to be impressed that some kid might be studying a particular subject at school? The adults are running the world and guess what, everybody already has their degrees and has even reached the point of recognizing that other than opening doors, they are largely meaningless.

Perhaps it wasn't your intent, but you seem rather full of yourself. If the protest is relying on the people who don't agree with them positioning upon a start point upon which everyone can agree then they are in for a rude awakening.

Wall Street (while I don't support the Protest in general) is ruthless. This is not some academic exercise. These kids are going to get chewed up and spit out. And the real movers behind the scenes will achieve what they were after in the process while everyone who slept on the street will be left rubbing their . wondering what the heck just happened.

Way too much naivete around this whole fiasco.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You should just stop and leave the internet. You're of no help

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentC
We should just all have one massive civil war and whoever survives with like mind ... wins.

Some people want to grind up kittens in a meat grinder in a search for a cancer cure. As noble as finding a cure is some things shouldn't be undertaken when it is not necessary!

The ends do not justify the means IMO.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by demetriandlucy

Originally posted by watcher3339

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
reply to post by watcher3339

You're grossly under estimating these protesters. The other day I was watching a clip of an interview of one protester who is a foreign policy major. Looked like he just got back from hiking in the Alaskan wilderness. These protesters seem to be educated, young and hardy.

Anyway time will tell.

Regarding your last point, make sure you are interpreting the U.S. Constitution post American Civil War. Like Ron Paul for example has a pre ACW interpretation. Make sure your interpretations are current. Your views don't have to be however.
edit on 2-10-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: grammar

Do you realize how obnoxious it is to tell someone to "make sure" that their "interpretations are current"?
Oh the levels of that.
It is the Constitution. There is what it is and nothing else. To try and even pigeon hole it to a timeline defeats the timeless nature that the document itself seeks.
And that this is coming from someone who supports the protests is just rich. Perhaps I should tell you to make sure your interpretations are pre dirty money influence.
The Supreme Court via Judicial Review is the practicing way to temporarily "freeze" the Constitution at a given moment in time. If you support the protests then you must beleive that our government, which includes the Supreme Court, has been undermined by the money flowing in from Wall Street. But what, you believe that you are able to determine a point in time at which interpretations were valid???

Also I don't care what major some college kid is pursuing. Really, I am supposed to be impressed that some kid might be studying a particular subject at school? The adults are running the world and guess what, everybody already has their degrees and has even reached the point of recognizing that other than opening doors, they are largely meaningless.

Perhaps it wasn't your intent, but you seem rather full of yourself. If the protest is relying on the people who don't agree with them positioning upon a start point upon which everyone can agree then they are in for a rude awakening.

Wall Street (while I don't support the Protest in general) is ruthless. This is not some academic exercise. These kids are going to get chewed up and spit out. And the real movers behind the scenes will achieve what they were after in the process while everyone who slept on the street will be left rubbing their . wondering what the heck just happened.

Way too much naivete around this whole fiasco.

You should just stop and leave the internet. You're of no help

Why because I would like people to think before they place themselves in harms way?
Because I recognize that the world is more complex then a quick and rousing version of "We shall overcome"
Because if people actually recognized the complexity of the world they would be better prepared to meet it?

Or, because I don't blindly fall in line with whatever you believe?

Yeah, that's going to change everything! Not.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
Lets be real for a second.... Are we to expect ANY changes from these protests? I'd like to think that the 10,000 protesters would make a difference, but I just dont see our corrupted system being altered by a small group of people...I hope I'm wrong...

If we want change, these protests will need to turn violent.......just saying

I sincerely hope you are wrong. But I sadly think society or TPTB will response if only things do take this downturn.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
facebook has blocked chat/comments on the community page, its now up to almost 65,000 likes

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
The system is fine, it's just the occupants are the problem

The system is what allows the corporations and bankers to control everything.

erase and take them from the equation

In the end, other corrupt people would just take their place, to abuse the same system.

and that will allow The 99% to reassume it's rightful control.

Most of the 99% are brainwashed ignorant morons now, made that way by the same elite they're protesting. How's THAT gonna work... how will the ignorant masses be able to comprehend when actual change has been accomplished?

If we burn everything to the ground we are effectively doing TPTB's job for them by making it that much easier to take us totally over. The way everything is setup now is that it works as a firewall to prevent total control from occurring.

It has occurred. We've been under their control for all of our lifetimes. We were under their control when the Fed was created, and when the opponents to the Fed "mysteriously" happened to drown at sea shortly afterward. They killed JFK for speaking out against the Fed. You really think Roseanne Barr is gonna change it? "Oh god it's Roseanne! That's it fellas, time to . for the hills! She's onto us!"

You need to man up and realize that MILLIONS are going to have to die in a violent revolution the likes of which the world has never seen, before ACTUAL change happens to stop the American corporate government. Try thinking about the depth of the evil we're really talking about, and the magnitude and scope of their crimes, before claiming what will stop them. Human life, the earth and the future of civilization itself is a joke to them. We're disposable pieces of trash to them. All that matters is money, power and control. And they ain't giving it up without blood.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Observer99 because: edit

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Neno, I don't doubt that what you see is true to some degree, but this is what I question: When is the last time a movement accomplished drastic and lasting change? The Civil Rights Movement, perhaps? I wasn't around for that, so in the intervening years what have we seen in comparison? The Gulf War 1,2 protests? TARP and the bail outs? What came from that? The course was stayed, the people did not dissuade the decision-makers.

So tell me this, how does Occupy Wall Street compare? Will these rallies/protests turn out to be on the scale of the Civil Rights, or on the scale of TARP, with regards to the actual change that ensues? and If it is not a large-scale movement, why not? Note that the NY Marathon has more participants ... and they are all there for a united purpose.

edit on 2-10-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I just heard on twitter and face book that they have arrived, being interviewed before they join the protestors. Someone let me know if I am wrong. TYVM.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This soldier and his colleagues are true, Constitutional Countrymen!! Let us all be united and take back our country one Wall Street at a time!! Main St. vs Wall St. !!!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

Why is it so many of the posts here contain. "THIS IS IT"? Yes, some day, it might actually be "it". But not today and probably not any time very soon. Americans will have to get really uncomfortable before they stand en masse and cry out "ENOUGH!".

That being said, kudos to those brave men and women in uniform who have decided to go to NYC. God bless em.. For the first time in a long time they will actually be protecting Americans.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
OMG............ I thought "The Tea Party" was legitimately known as "Tea Baggers".
I got a warning from the Mods. Coudn't understand why. Now i get it DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I keep reading how so many are there in "spirit" or how they want to go but can not. Totaly understandable. Wish they could see how many of us wish we were there. Would it be cheezy to suggest that we all start wearing a specific color that stands out like Yellow or Orange on Mondays? Kind of like Red Fridays. Week after week the word would get around and everyone could see how many people stand behind these protests. Sometimes people need to know they are not the only ones who believe in something. Kind of like that Common Sense book. A lot of people felt the same way, but it wasnt until he wrote that book that everyone came together realizing that others felt the same way and they were not alone. There is power in numbers, and it would be a nonviolent show of who supports the protest.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I keep reading how so many are there in "spirit" or how they want to go but can not. Totaly understandable. Wish they could see how many of us wish we were there. Would it be cheezy to suggest that we all start wearing a specific color that stands out like Yellow or Orange on Mondays? Kind of like Red Fridays. Week after week the word would get around and everyone could see how many people stand behind these protests. Sometimes people need to know they are not the only ones who believe in something. Kind of like that Common Sense book. A lot of people felt the same way, but it wasnt until he wrote that book that everyone came together realizing that others felt the same way and they were not alone. There is power in numbers, and it would be a nonviolent show of who supports the protest.

I actually something like this is a great idea. Needs to go beyond a color though. We need a ribbon or some symbol that can be worn, posted, put on a vehicle etc. Something like the solidarity fist...or just a ribbon of a certain color?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99

The system is fine, it's just the occupants are the problem

The system is what allows the corporations and bankers to control everything.

erase and take them from the equation

In the end, other corrupt people would just take their place, to abuse the same system.

and that will allow The 99% to reassume it's rightful control.

Most of the 99% are brainwashed ignorant morons now, made that way by the same elite they're protesting. How's THAT gonna work... how will the ignorant masses be able to comprehend when actual change has been accomplished?

If we burn everything to the ground we are effectively doing TPTB's job for them by making it that much easier to take us totally over. The way everything is setup now is that it works as a firewall to prevent total control from occurring.

It has occurred. We've been under their control for all of our lifetimes. We were under their control when the Fed was created, and when the opponents to the Fed "mysteriously" happened to drown at sea shortly afterward. They killed JFK for speaking out against the Fed. You really think Roseanne Barr is gonna change it? "Oh god it's Roseanne! That's it fellas, time to . for the hills! She's onto us!"

You need to man up and realize that MILLIONS are going to have to die in a violent revolution the likes of which the world has never seen, before ACTUAL change happens to stop the American corporate government. Try thinking about the depth of the evil we're really talking about, and the magnitude and scope of their crimes, before claiming what will stop them. Human life, the earth and the future of civilization itself is a joke to them. We're disposable pieces of trash to them. All that matters is money, power and control. And they ain't giving it up without blood.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Observer99 because: edit

The bold underline is mine, but you have stated it succinctly. THAT is what must occur.

I'm sorry.

That is what it's come to.

No other solution.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

You need to realize that there aren't enough of you, and any violence will be quickly crushed and the crowd dispersed and many jailed... That is the BEST case here if it gets violent.

You also need to realize that there are greater forces involved here, broader agendas and they REALLY are hoping that some of the kids there do get violent, and that it spreads... But hey, who am I to tell anyone what to do.

If it gets violent, at least it will all be over rather quickly... And maybe then you'll realize that the rest of America never had any intentions of getting involved or showing up... Hell most people don't even have a clue as to what this is all actually about... Even many of the protesters seem unsure.

If it goes the way of violence, best of luck to all involved.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have plenty of respect for people such as this marine and his buddys. I plan to do the same if they have simalar in SF.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Thank GOD that the people who oppose this current communal protest are just sitting on the internet doing so. thus they are out of harms way and will not actually have any real affect on anything in life.

Thats all i have to say .

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
the funny thing is most of you don't even realize it's not us against them its your investment money fighting your tax money - guess which one is going to win ?

money

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join