It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I know I am fortunate, and really 'Alaska is faring pretty well through all that's sour with the economy. One thing I know is true though. Then unemployment runs out smart people become willing to do other things. The down side of this logic is people fresh out of school are pretty neatly packaged in the box they just learned how to work in. I think it is much harder for this generation to think outside the box...

I really can see why a person would be angry if repeatedly told they needed to go to college or they'd never get a decent job only to not be able to find a job that will allow them to pay the loans they got to get that education. I really do. But a person doesn't need, and CANT AFFORD a bunch of toys when in this situation. How often you see people complaining about how broke they are, yet they own 3 TVs, a bazillion video games and DVDS, HD cable and two vehicles.... That is certainly a bunch of stuff for a poor person

Life is not fair, never has been. Never will be as long as human nature remains the same. You can only legislate fairness to a certain point, beyond that is only stupidity with control. We are seeing the fruits of that bush lol no pun intended...

I really do admire the passion in many of the protest supporters, I hope they learn the right things from this protest for I am sure there will be more...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed
Usefull Idiots they call such peeps....In case you aren't aware, when TPTB have decided said useful idiots have fulfilled their purpose, most (in past situations)) receive a double tap to the back of the head. Even the Capitalists are just rounded up and locked up for *re education* useful idiots no longer deemed useful aren't even considered worth continuing to feed by such TPTB. History has proved this time and again

True.

But you also must understand, that a certain system will always revert back to "protecting their own". Just like the police force does. And even in such cases, they do serve the greater good ... up until a point.

We've past this point. We're at the point, where we need to remove those at the helm, and replace them. They need to be replaced. And basically, you have a choice ... you can sit and wait, and play the good old boy ... and in the end, you'll have the Chinese replace them. Because at this point, they are controlled by economic interrests alone. Not yours, or mine ... but their own financial interrests. And that means, they'll sell you to the Chinese, as toys. By that time, you'll have no guns to defend yourself ...

Or you can start getting your act together, and replace them yourself. But if you want to replace them, you'll have to do it with some better tools, than they did in Iceland. There, they stood up and complained and talked, like sissies, and all they accomplished was something worse ... they'll never get out of their shyt now. You want to follow suit?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

No I would love to know what the errors in my views are right now.
I am supporting peaceful protest. I am simply saying the cops handled this situation poorly and misled the protestors, trapped them and then arrested them.
As I posted earlier two other protest groups had been allowed to march across the bridge previously THE SAME DAY as the occupy protestors were arrested. The whole point of protesting is to gain attention for your cause, they did a good job, especially since it is in the best interest of the media and bankers to attempt to divert attention from them.

Tell me how I am so wrong. What opinion of mine is so misguided that you think it will take a lifetime of wisdom to change, because I think I could find a lot of people your age that agree with me fine.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

I grew up listening to my father tell me in the 70's how this was all going to play out. I understand China far better than you have clue LOL I quote, " and you better hope to hell the Russians will help us when the Chinese come calling or it will be root hog or die time!"

Many people clearly see what is going on, we just have a very different idea than you do of how to correct it. No one is saying ALL you do is peacefully protest.

We are just saying this is not a time for violence.

As for the second amendment all I can say to that is, come and get them Persian. And I don't even own a gun, that's okay though, I live in AK....we have extras.

I think the current generation forgets my generation grew up in the Cold War. Like the 60's-- If you weren't there, you don't understand.... We are the children of the WWII Veterans. So many are so certain we are under estimating them. Never once have they appeared to consider if perhaps they are under estimating us.

Time will tell in the end I guess

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by beezzer
I don't worship the wealthy, just admire them. I want to be wealthy. I want to have more.

I admire men and women who accomplish things for their fellow human beings. Some have money. Many don't. I have no interest in being wealthy; I want enough to live well, but i have no need or desire for golden toilets and thirty homes.

It used to be called, "The Americn Dream" to have wealth, property.

Not quite. See, the "American dream" is the belief that a person can, with work and diligence, have a comfortable living and be able to support their family, and finally retire with grace. At least, that's the economic aspect of it. Unfortunately, this dream is something that no longer exists; today most Americans are working harder for less pay. because of people like you who demand that the bottom 80% be penalized for the benefit of the top 1%, because you're deluded enough to think that you will rise from the bottom to the top, like daisies out of a pile of cow crap.

But wth folks like yourself, who have made "personal wealth" a foul thing, it has created (your fault) a class warfare just because you are to damned lazy and selfish to work for it.

Much like Neo, you seem content to wallow in your own ignorance here. I'll address you on this point if you can find some way to phrase it where I won't feel like I'm trying to explain physics to a puppy who just ate its own vomit, kay?

Punish the rich? Why? Because they made it and you didn't?

There is no punishment of the rich. If they were being punished, they wouldn't be rich.

Weak and pathetic.

What, your argument?

Want change? Try DC, stop being their damned lapdog. You are playing to the tune THEY want you to dance to.

Sigh.

Who owns DC, Beezer? Who benefits every legislative session, whether we threw the bums out or not? Who holds the purse strings, whose interests guide legislation and execution? I understand that these are questions which unsettle, perhaps even frighten you, but the old adage - follow the money - is always true.

Sure, the politicians are corrupt. Seems prudent to me to remove the corrupting influence before worrying about getting new politicians, though. Gotta get the knife out before you try to stitch up the stab wound, after all.

You speak gospel and need more stars for your posts. BRAVO my friend, bravo!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

They bought those items while being under the false impression that there job was secured and safe and when the outsourcing blitz occurred that dashed and shot that dream down.

The 2 car families were the mother and father who both were working and collectively which was more then adequate to finance their lifestyle so if they were able to afford it why should they not have it?

If they would've been able to keep their jobs then they'd still have the 2 cars, single family duplex in suburbia, kids in a decent school but since Wall Street got greedy they lost their jobs due to no fault of their own.

I'm sure when you were that age you had a home that you were paying for and a car.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Yeah.. times are so different. The American dream is dead and it wasn't due to natural causes.
I'm 25 and intelligent enough that I could probably do most any thing I wanted, however, I can't afford schooling anymore ( I have credits for an associate degree, but would rather continue on for the higher degree rather than "cash them in"). I am completely paid up for the college I do have, but to continue on at a university I would have to go into debt and I don't want to. So I am holding tight to the job that I have and write in my free time (I was a creative writing/english major, but wanted to go into journalism and/or film. I live kind of back and forth between my parents home and an apartment with my girlfriend (long story). If I was this age 30 years ago I would probably have completed my schooling and have my own home etc etc,

Times have changed and we desperately need to take our country back.
edit on 3-10-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
No I would love to know what the errors in my views are right now.
I am supporting peaceful protest. I am simply saying the cops handled this situation poorly and misled the protestors, trapped them and then arrested them.

This is your error "peaceful protest".

You have a peaceful protest, while things are as they should be. These protests are the voice of those concerned, who want to make their voices heard to gain political momentum.

A revolution, is when the Szar arrests the people for raising their voice against him, and has his special police squad be able to arrest people because he THINKS they're planning something against him, and has the ability to make those disappear, tortured, and without even a theatrical trial.

Where do YOU think, you are right now?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

We are just saying this is not a time for violence.

As for the second amendment all I can say to that is, come and get them Persian. And I don't even own a gun, that's okay though, I live in AK....we have extras.

I think the current generation forgets my generation grew up in the Cold War. Like the 60's-- If you weren't there, you don't understand.... We are the children of the WWII Veterans. So many are so certain we are under estimating them. Never once have they appeared to consider if perhaps they are under estimating us.

Time will tell in the end I guess

I'm the same generation you are ...

The problem I am pointing yout, is Iceland, Greece, Spain ... what has peaceful protest gotten them?

not a goddam thing.

Know what I mean?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Oh trust me I know that.. but we can't speak of those types of things here without people getting paranoid or jumping down your throat. I talked in another thread about how peaceful protests don't really get the job done. I wanted to know what my error was in their eyes. Cinead (or however it's spelled) and another commenter claimed I was incorrect and it didn't have to do with that. In my opinion the protesters should have muscled their way out of that arrest situation. A peaceful protest to me just seems like a group of few tricking an army into complaining rather than fighting.. but you can't talk like that here. So you know..
I want to know what the people I was arguing with think my error in logic is.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

I know I am fortunate, and really 'Alaska is faring pretty well through all that's sour with the economy. One thing I know is true though. Then unemployment runs out smart people become willing to do other things. The down side of this logic is people fresh out of school are pretty neatly packaged in the box they just learned how to work in. I think it is much harder for this generation to think outside the box...

ya, thanks to palin.

so what, you said alaska first.

anyway, any vids yet of the vets?

no?

bummer.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Text

Originally posted by Kingbreaker
The should be stickied

lets see how this unfolds before making a snap judgment ..it's emotional intellegence.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Observor

There is a huge difference between change and perfection. No one is claiming we *fixed everything* in our generation, but if you think we didn't bring about change, you haven't read history. I was just a kid when students were shot on college campus and massive arrests were a common story on the news. There is no Jim Crow today, civil rights have REALLY changed from what it was like in the 50's and 60's. Ask any older black person that grew up in the deep south!

OK. So your generation brought some change some 4 decades ago and that makes you an expert on how change can be brought about and also your responsibility for change ended with that?

You seem to be expecting you can right all the wrongs in a few well placed protests and some carnage.... That is what I am hearing anyways. You don't sound to me like you especially care about what is right for the country, just for this small group that wants to RAGE against the machine, cuz it's cool?

I personally believe nothing about the US can be corrected without first destroying completely evey existing institution, but that is not the point of view from which I am speaking.

Even if you want to change things in a non-disruptive manner, you need to first understand the problem. This is a generation that feels cheated and rightly so. They weren't born with the expectations they have, whatever they are. The expectations were set by the previous generation. Suddenly in a span of few years they find everything turned topsey-turvey and no one even pretends any longer that things will turn around for the better shortly. So what did they do wrong to deserve this? That they trusted the previous generation that studying hard and getting a college degree will land them a well-paying job and a good career and now they just end up with unemployment and educational loans and they best can hope for is a career in burger-flipping?

The least the previous generation could do is to admit they have been complete idiots, have no clue how to solve the problem and perhaps hold a dialogue to find a solution. Instead what we have is the older generation sneering at every attempt by the youngsters and deriding their "entitlement mentality" as if they were born with it or came to it by themselves without any inputs from the previous generation.

Sorry but you lose me when you disregard the well being of your fellow American and endorse abusing and exploiting anyone not on the rampage with you..... while protesting injustice

The last thing those kids are looking for is gaining any person, especially one from the previous generation. No one is looking for endorsement of solutions from people who created the problems in the first place and don't even acknowledge that.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Observor

wow
you actually said this ??

These kids on the streets have little to lose, nothing to hope for the future

nah, only their FREEDOM
(but that's not much eh? - regardless how diminished, it is not lost, yet)

Let me guess. If they use their freedom, it will be taken away. Yeah, nice freedom they have

only their self-respect by mooching to survive -
only their self-esteem or they'd be using their skills in their own communities currently, rather roaming the streets aimlessly -
only their legacy -- nah, not much at all.

Yeah, right! Every generation before them were all enterpreneurs that never depended on employment and only this one is absolutely lacking the skills to earn their own sustenance

as for their future - no one 'gives' hope, no govt 'grants' hope, protests don't promote "hope" and they sure don't guarantee it either.

Their future is what they make of it, not you or i or our children or our parents or our wallets.
They need to be (or learn to be) responsible for themselves ... pioneers if you will.

Guess what? That is exactly what they planning to do, define their own future rather than depend on someone else to tell them what it should be.

we had craftsman long before we had vocational schools. (production)
we had teachers loooong before we had a Dept of Education or student loans or a govt for that matter. (education)
we had a method of teaching ourselves when nature demanded it of us.
we had a desire to improve those which surround us.
we also had motivation to build up and enhance our surroundings rather destroy them.

Sure, you were destroying "others" to build for your "own". This generation simply doesn't consider you their "own". They are following the same principles as the previous generations of Americans.

and are well connected to each other.
fantastic, they have the basic skill of networking, now use it for a positive outcome instead of a violent one.

It will be a positive outcome alright, but for them. Whether it turns out positive for you or not is not something that worries them right now.

You can bet your last penny they will continue to break every law, not just regarding peaceful protests, but even those regarding the life and property of others until they get what they want or are completely broken psychologically and become recluse.

it sure is a shame to read you perceive those as the "only" options.

Those are not the options that I perceive, but your younger generations does.

i knew a bunch of toddlers who behaved similarly and they seldom "got what they wanted".

We'll see, what these "toddlers" get. Won't we?

for the most part i'm not a gambler, but if i had to place a bet, they would become targets in a shooting gallery cause if the PD didn't, American citizens would.

The last time I checked, these kids are American citizens too. If you want civil war involving generations, the last person who has a problem with it is me.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
So what is going on in NYC today?!? It is Monday morning, are the protestors growing in number or shrinking and going back to work? Have any Union supporters shown up? How many vets are there in uniform?

Let's get some first hand accounts in here this morning! Is this thing going anywhere or is it fizzling out?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

They're awaiting new orders from their anonymous masters, and those without jobs are all seeking more free food and supplies... They'll be back at it soon.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I'd love to see something come from this, but 10,000 seems like a drop in the bucket in a town where 1M plus turn up for New Year's eve. 700 arrests seem to have been a no-brainer. And protesting Wall Street on the weekend is kind of moot isn't it?

If there is anything to come from this whole charade, it needs to come today/tomorrow or their window will be lost.

The DOW is currently up by the way, so they don't appear to have affected trading. (Actually down a little right this second, but fairly flat overall.)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

If there is anything to come from this whole charade, it needs to come today/tomorrow or their window will be lost.

The best thing that could happen here is for everyone involved to realize that they are simply pawns in a game among people they will never see, or know.. And that ultimately, NOTHING good can, or will come from this.

GRA ... They never had a window. They only have an opportunity to be a catalyst for agendas they know nothing about.

If this ends without large scale violence between protesters and authorities... Then that would be the best possible outcome, and could be considered a HUGE success.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

On the one hand I agree.

But isn't that a defeatist mentality? At some point, we will have to topple those unseen, unnamed people by any means necessary, or we will all live in serfdom forever.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
But isn't that a defeatist mentality?

Depends on how you look at it.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, live to fight another day, don't be so eager to follow the unknown, and leadership... True leadership is the only way something like this could have any real positive effects.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join