It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
And in this video you can clearly hear and see the protesters shouting "take the bridge"

"Take the Bridge"

The US Marines hadn't even landed yet and they were taking bridges.

Actually it didn't quite work out the way they thought it would.

See!

Another fine example of poor leadership and lack of foresight. They should have waited for the Marines.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a few military vets supporting protesters is not much.

it has happened in every war too. john kerry?

when the police start siding with them, then they are making progress.

this protest bothers me because it means and will do nothing.

if they do grab the gold ring, who the hell is gonna be telling every one what to do?

blind trust? how do you know they are looking out for you and not the collective?

meet the new boss, worse than the old boss.

i'd love to make a billion bucks, but it seems like that will be over if these idiots have their way.

that is not america.

but hey, you have a right to "take it to the streets", for now, at least.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Interesting, so an edited news report discounts the video, where you can hear and see protesters shouting "take the bridge"?

I guess, you just had to be there to know for sure eh?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

when the police start siding with them, then they are making progress.

NYC Police Protesting abuse of Protestors?

"Today we received unconfirmed reports that over one hundred blue collar police refused to come into work in solidarity with our movement.

I can't find it now, but I read somewhere early on where some police had been allowed by their commanders to join the protests.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I was there.. live feed from the bridge.

Also
here
www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-10-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I was there.. live feed from the bridge.

Then would you be willing to say that you are absolutely certain that the NYPD herded these people onto the bridge intentionally so they could arrest them?

Simple question, and I am not judging your answer, one way or the other, I am sincerely curious.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Yes. Cops on both ends of the bridge with hundreds of people trapped is so irresponsible and dangerous I'm honestly surprised no one was killed due to people panicking and stampeding out.

roarmag.org...
edit on 2-10-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I'm glad we've cleared that up... So then we must have real conspiracy, and these people must be actors in a fake video where they are all shouting "take the bridge"

Perceptions and reality don't seem to mix well in any way here.

But, none of this is important, not right now anyway.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Ok, so back on the original topic for a moment... The Marine that posted the note saying that he and his buddies were headed there (was this yesterday or two days ago?) and that "if you see someone in uniform, gather around" because they would begin to organize at that point... Has any of this happened yet?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

You can be smug about your video, but what you are failing to acknowledge is that they have a right to cross that bridge and have done so in past protests. They weren't going to stop traffic that wouldn't be helpful, they were going to cross it then the cops blocked them in and shut down the bridge.

I'll turn your same trick. Are you absolutely on hundred percent sure that "take the bridge" means take it and hold it, or could it just mean gain access to it after the police have blocked it?

I have seen this video it actually means nothing.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I've yet to hear about it seeing fruition. I heard some protestors talk about it on the live video feed and immediately people in the live chat accompaniment began saying it was a just rumor and not to spread it.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
yeah they have a right to cross the bridge using the pedstrian walkway

not using the entire bridge for their own wants and shutting down traffic

and stop making a big deal about the arrest every single one was released today

wait my bad how did i ever know that oh thats right there was a media black out going on

meh

edit on 2-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

You can be smug about your video, but what you are failing to acknowledge is that they have a right to cross that bridge and have done so in past protests. They weren't going to stop traffic that wouldn't be helpful, they were going to cross it then the cops blocked them in and shut down the bridge.

I may be wrong, but I dont think they have a 'right' to walk IN the road. Which it appears they did, at their own behest.

You say they 'weren't going to stop traffic'. How is that possible when they were in the middle of traffic lanes??

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I said I would not judge and I am not, I am interested in the truth, and especially which "truth" people are inclined to believe.

Seems that it is all entirely a matter of personal perception and influence.

No room for objectivity.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You guys do realize that theses 'occupy wall street" idiots want right?

They basically want an Obama dictatorship.

The protesters just don’t get it. They are calling for the government to use force to impose their ideas, all in the name of bringing down corporations who they don’t realize have completely bought off government regulators. Corporations and government enjoy a mutually beneficial relationship – getting one to regulate the other is asinine and only hurts smaller businesses who are legitimately trying to compete in a free market economy that barely exists.
One woman interviewed by Kokesh also announces her intention to help Obama to capture a second term. How can a self-proclaimed Occupy Wall Street protester simultaneously support the man whose 2008 campaign was bankrolled by Wall Street, whose 2012 campaign is reliant on Wall Street to an even greater extent, and whose cabinet was filled with Wall Street operatives?

www.infowars.com...

these kids don't have a clue, they're just protesting because they think it is the cool thing to do at the moment.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

They weren't going to stop traffic that wouldn't be helpful,

So you claim that they stayed on the footpath, never on the road?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
As I have stated in another thread (and many others have repeated countless times) these protesters are NOT fighting for America. They are fighting for Marxism, which has not worked and can not work. I have even seen a few of them waving around copies of the Communist Manifesto. These men and women in uniform are either unaware of this fact or just as stupid as they are.
edit on 10/2/2011 by ForeverDusk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ARealandTrueAmerican

The cops had already shut down the lane they were walking in. They only spread out across the road when the cops blocked off the ends.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
You guys do realize that theses 'occupy wall street" idiots want right?

They basically want an Obama dictatorship.

And as has been pointed out before, that source took some carefully edited videos of Obama supporters and claim it represents literally tens of thousands of people. Its absurd, yellow journalism.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join