It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW uneditted VIDEO. So Cal Sept 14. No Meteor!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
...The video in the OP shows a legit UFO sighting. It does not correspond very well with many known objects.

Here is an earlier post from this very same thread that shows an object that corresponds with the OP's video:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are several other posts in this thread that explains how the OP's video corresponds to a known object. If you have a specific problem with the explanation provided in that post that I linked, could you please communicate those to us?

edit on 9/16/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Do we even need to post videos on ATS if we already know they are BS? Should I put up a video of my dogs nose aligning with its ass? Maybe it does that to increase the gravitation pull of the earth before it takes a dump?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by centrifugal
Do we even need to post videos on ATS if we already know they are BS? Should I put up a video of my dogs nose aligning with its ass? Maybe it does that to increase the gravitation pull of the earth before it takes a dump?

pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Looks like a match to me (besides the different angles).

edit on 16-9-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

Source of STS-130 image:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I liked the video where the kid says, I was hoping it would be Transformers.

OMG, I cracked up laughing.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What the heck is that orange thing? Fuel dump?
I have a degree in graphics, the end of the video is the pixelation from the poor focus of the phone. The phone will only zoom as well as it's lens, apparently this lens couldn't zoom in 2000X in the night. The image is trying to make an octagon.

Here is an article that explain it all, and I will post this on the new topics for the just cause...

www.pcstats.com...

-Improved Horizontal / Vertical Resolution: The octagonal honeycomb structure of the photodiodes is such that when we examine the spaces between the cells on the horizontal and vertical axis, the spaces are significantly less than standard grid configurations. This inherent property of the octagon enables improved resolution in these two axis, and hence better image representation.

edit on 16-9-2011 by samlf3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Its not a chopper, where I live I see medic choppers flying over/landing in the city rooftop all the time and they are covered with multiple flashing lights, visible from miles away I see none of that here. Highly unlikely

reply to post by TortoiseKweek

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Actually the shape of the blurred object is caused by the aperture diaphragm blades.

For conventional lens designs (with bladed apertures), when a lens is stopped down smaller than its maximum aperture size (minimum f-number), out-of-focus points are blurred into the polygonal shape formed by the aperture blades.

You can read more about it here:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Looks like this hoax has been wrapped up plenty and nicely by gift0fpr0phecy and a few others.

Another one bites the dust.

Off to the hoax bin with ya.

edit on 16/9/11 by EnigmaAgent because: spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

I don't think its a hoax. This guy just had no idea what he was filming. The film is legit in my opinion. Just one thing sticks in my mind. Didn't we scrap the shuttle program?

Did anyone check to see if a shuttle was launched when this was filmed?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
What the heck is that orange thing? Fuel dump?

The video looks to be an old video of a night launch of a space shuttle (old because the shuttles don't fly anymore). The orange things look like the solid boosters falling away.

If you go back to page 7, you will see This Post by member 'gift0fpr0phecy' that provides a side-by-side comparison of the OP's video and an old video of a night time shuttle launch.

Originally posted by samlf3rd
I have a degree in graphics, the end of the video is the pixelation from the poor focus of the phone. The phone will only zoom as well as it's lens, apparently this lens couldn't zoom in 2000X in the night. The image is trying to make an octagon.

The shape of the blurred image at the end of the video could have also been caused by the shape of the video camera aperture, which is a hex or diamond shape. Here is a video showing the effect.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I was her at Starbucks when this happened.

I was with1 other person and was surrounded by about 5 other customers. We all saw it, and everyone made their own remarks.

Personally, I have never seen anything like it in my near 30 years.

What I saw began as a light in the sky that seemed stationary for a brief second (or perhaps I caught it at its inception of decent). The object was moving slower (slightly) than what I have seen in the past. However, the arc and direction was consistent of a falling, as opposed to landing, object. It did not give any indication of intelligent operation, though I only saw it for approximately seven to eight seconds at which point I lost visual due to trees. The colors were as described, however not like any meteor I have seen.

TL,DR; Based on the rate of decent coupled with the length of the debris field and the colors emanating from it I would say it was not merely a meteor. Due to the flight path and lack of undeniably extraterrestrial defined features, I am unsure that it was not simply a natural phenomenon that I have yet to witness.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by centrifugal

That right there ^ is the funniest questions iv'e heard in a long time!! thanks for the laugh... i'm sure H. A . can take some detailed measurements on this, and please let us know why the dump always lands in a pile.... of hoax...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

The video in the OP shows a legit UFO sighting. It does not correspond very well with many known objects.

Ok, I give up. The world is forever doomed...

Your post and many other posts on here seriously make me mad and depressed at the same time. However, it does answer many questions such as, "why is the world so messed up?".

Why? I don't get depressed if someone else happens to be wrong, then I'd be depressed forever.

Please show me where and how I am wrong with explanations. Otherwise I will merely put a mirror up and reflect your silly statements back at yourself.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
I don't think its a hoax. This guy just had no idea what he was filming. The film is legit in my opinion.

The VIDEO is a hoax. They are claiming it was from California when it is clearly from Florida. They had to have known what they were filming because they would have heard it with their ears, and they would have seen it light up the entire sky during the first stages of the launch.

The METEOR EVENT is NOT a hoax. Here is the only good real video of the meteor:
wwww.abc15.com

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
Just one thing sticks in my mind. Didn't we scrap the shuttle program?
Did anyone check to see if a shuttle was launched when this was filmed?

The OP's video is from 2010. It is NOT from 2011... Someone re-uploaded an old video and put a new title and date on it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

...The video in the OP shows a legit UFO sighting. It does not correspond very well with many known objects.

Here is an earlier post from this very same thread that shows an object that corresponds with the OP's video:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are several other posts in this thread that explains how the OP's video corresponds to a known object. If you have a specific problem with the explanation provided in that post that I linked, could you please communicate those to us?

edit on 9/16/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

I said it doesn't correspond with a METEOR.

Good work not reading my earlier post correctly.

UFO means "Unidentified", and without actual evidence, it's just your ASSUMPTION of what it might be.

Give me documentation and links showing exactly what it was? If it's a flight, which one exactly?

Your video says space shuttle launch, don't they mean landing?

Launches go straight up , landings come down at an angle.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Also , if indeed it was going upwards, which the very limited video footage does not indicate very well, it could have been ANY multi-stage rocket.

But also, I really don't buy it.

You can't really look at a few seconds of a white dot on a black screen and automatically know what it is. It's absurd. You need more than that to go with.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ahybrid

Wasn't it colored green / blue?

The meteor I mean.

Green Blue hues on a meteor indicate that it was composed of Copper.

Just FYI

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Why?

The fact that you don't know and you have to ask is why... It should be clearly obvious.

I don't get depressed if someone else happens to be wrong, then I'd be depressed forever.

I don't get depressed if someone is wrong. I get depressed when people don't even try to be right, or read, or research, or learn, or listen to what others are saying or have said and comprehend it.

Please show me where and how I am wrong with explanations. Otherwise I will merely put a mirror up and reflect your silly statements back at yourself.

This is what you said:

It does not correspond very well with many known objects.

You said the above right after I found an EXACT match for the object. The object clearly corresponds with a space shuttle launch at night... I made video comparisons, screen shots, etc., all laid out perfectly to help people such as your self see that the video is without a doubt the space shuttle, yet you still say "it does not correspond very well with many known objects". Makes me sad...

It feels like all my efforts have gone to waste on those who really do have confirmation bias and ignore that which doesn't correspond well with their beliefs.

Out of all objects in the world, a space shuttle is the only perfect match that can explain all the objects in the OP's video...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

The meteor and the UFO that the western half of the country saw were two different events that happened about 19 mins apart from each other. The news confirmed it multiple times.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join